Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,213 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:34 AM

"Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola (26632 Views)

Why Do Our Identity Cards Expire? / Synchronizing PVC, Drivers License, National Identity Cards, NHIS, ATM.. Etc / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by drnoel: 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
Frank D-Great:
I cn forsee d yorubas starting d revolution OBJ talked abt......dea maginalisation is getting out of hand......Fashola is now a dictator.
Fashola u r strong but God is stronger dan u......naija pple go survive
Are u listening to OBJ, that one na beer parlor yearsn... undecided undecided
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
Have they figured out the cost effectiveness of this venture?
Here is is a state governor who hiked up fees at his state institution overnight by 800% making it unaffordable to the average Lagosian except by looting or swindling and suggardaddyism yet he has money to run an ID card system that no one is yet to figure out it's aim or advantage
A nation of confusion

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
I weep!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by naptu2: 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
Reasons for the I'd Card project (which will capture all Lagos residents, including non-Nigerians).

1) Planning: Number of school children in an area-so you know the number/capacity of schools, number of people in an area-number/capacity of hospitals, etc.

2) Tax.

3) Security (database of citizens).

4) Law enforcement (database for Lastma, Kai, etc).

And many more reasons.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2012
Reasons for the I'd Card project (which will capture all Lagos residents, including non-Nigerians).

1) Planning: Number of school children in an area-so you know the number/capacity of schools, number of people in an area-number/capacity of hospitals, etc.

Is that the reason the existing public schools are dilapidated and ill equipped and children are falling into pit latrines and studying in roofless classrooms ?
Somehow an ID card will solve that problem?

2) Tax.

How does an ID equate to taxes?In what way will carrying a Lagos ID increase the taxes in Lagos state?

3) Security (database of citizens).

Database you say?
I laugh
Your policemen don't even have vehicles talk less of equipped vehicles
There is no database of finger prints
None for births or deaths
No computers with biometrics,anyone can swear in the courts and choose whatever name ,age and place of birth they desire .
I hear you.Fashola's ID will change all that

4) Law enforcement (database for Lastma, Kai, etc).

Let me laugh ,permit me.
The street sweepers will use the ID cards to better Lagos?

And many more reasons.

Oh yeah!
The Lagos ID will also provide shelter,employment,food on the table,solve the healthcare problems,abolish traffic,prevent floods,wipe out thugs and armed robbers,revive NEPA,raise the standard of living a million fold,change the slums to impeccable cities,clothe the naked,pave the roads and place jollof on every table at mealtimes.
I hear you.i will make sure to get me a Lagos ID too
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by naptu2: 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2012
Baby mama: Reasons for the I'd Card project (which will capture all Lagos residents, including non-Nigerians).

Is that the reason the existing public schools are dilapidated and ill equipped and children are falling into pit latrines and studying in roofless classrooms ?

Won't knowing the number help with planning how to allocate resources to these schools

How does an ID equate to taxes?In what way will carrying a Lagos ID increase the taxes in Lagos state?

Knowing the number of people, their occupation, etc?

Database you say?
I laugh
No computers with biometrics,anyone can swear in the courts and choose whatever name ,age and place of birth they desire .

Precisely why he wants to get that data. (By the way, have you heard of the Lagos State Security Trust Fund?

Let me laugh ,permit me.

Right, Lastma, Kai = street sweepers hahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh yeah!
The Lagos ID will also provide shelter,employment,food on the table,solve the healthcare problems,abolish traffic,prevent floods,wipe out thugs and armed robbers,revive NEPA,raise the standard of living a million fold,change the slums to impeccable cities,clothe the naked,pave the roads and place jollof on every table at mealtimes.

I thought you were actually interested in the answers to your questions, but I see you just want to hate. Enjoy your hate (unfollows thread).
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
Baby mama: Reasons for the I'd Card project (which will capture all Lagos residents, including non-Nigerians).

How does an ID equate to taxes?In what way will carrying a Lagos ID increase the taxes in Lagos state? My dear, it's better to keep quiet and be thought of as a f.ool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Database you say?
I laugh

Let me laugh ,permit me.

Oh yeah!

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
@baby mama , My dear, it's better to be quiet and be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by niggadee(m): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
tightening up on security, surveillance and with its associated identity bureaucracy – all in the name of streamlining our safety from terrorists.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by true2god: 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
pro01: Who exactly does this power-drunk, delusional governor regard as "illegal immigrants"? Is he talking about Nigerian citizens or illegal aliens from other countries? If the latter is the case, is it the responsibility of the LASG to tackle illegal immigrants, or it is the responsibility of the Federal Government (through the Nigerian Immigration Service)?

On the other hand, if he regards bona-fide Nigerian citizens who have the constitutional RIGHT to live ANYWHERE within Nigeria as "illegal" residents of Lagos, then it is high time he is eliminated from the exalted office of governor - legally or illegally. He is clearly in dire need of psychiatric evaluation and treatment. It's an emergency! He gets more dangerous with each passing day he is allowed to occupy the position of governor.
God bless u. The guy needs someone to talk to him seriosly, that he is still human, he is not a spirit or demon.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by drnoel: 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2012
true2god: God bless u. The guy needs someone to talk to him seriosly, that he is still human, he is not a spirit or demon.
But he has advisers paid and maintained by tax payers. He has no excuse to make silly laws
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by omonnakoda: 11:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
what is happening with this
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by harlos: 9:19am On Mar 28, 2013
omonnakoda: what is happening with this
Still waiting...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by mike404(m): 9:25am On Mar 28, 2013
AVRS: Arrant nonsense! What happens to those without d ID? Expulsion? He himself will be expelled from Lagos!
This man is beginning to think like a dictator. He's getting power drunk and I just hope he doesn't bury all his good works and his goodwill with his own hands.
Fashola and NIGHT OWL (TINUBU) should go back to their native Ogun state
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by omonnakoda: 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2013
Where are we with this now
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by omonnakoda: 11:26am On Apr 05, 2013
How far naa .Any news
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by anonimi: 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2013
omonnakoda: How far naa .Any news

You go wait tire.
Another unfulfilled promise from the Association of Conmen in Nigeria - ACN, Nigeria's progressive opposition.

No surprise since after 14 years of unbroken, continuing AD/AC/ACN administration of Tinubu & Fashola, basic services of pipe borne water and free primary & secondary education with textbooks is not available.

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by omonnakoda: 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2013
anonimi:

You go wait tire.
Another unfulfilled promise from the Association of Conmen in Nigeria - ACN, Nigeria's progressive opposition.

No surprise since after 14 years of unbroken, continuing AD/AC/ACN administration of Tinubu & Fashola, basic services of pipe borne water and free primary & secondary education with textbooks is not available.

grin I heard it is not January 2013 but 2016 is that correct
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
omonnakoda:

grin I heard it is not January 2013 but 2016 is that correct
Guy, you sabi follow up with govt promises. That is fantastic.

Anyway, for update, ask Eko ile, Gbawe, Kuruju(or whatever), ba7man, Demden
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by drnoel: 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Guy, you sabi follow up with govt promises. That is fantastic.

Anyway, for update, ask Eko ile, Gbawe, Kuruju(or whatever), ba7man, Demden
anyway we are there hoping they keep their promise and God is watching..
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by EkoIle1: 4:35am On Apr 17, 2013

RESIDENTS’ REGISTRATION EXERCISE TO ENSURE RELIABLE DATABASE FOR IMPROVED SERVICE DELIVERY-LASRRA GM.

The Lagos State Residents Registration Agency on Tuesday pressed forward with its series of Stakeholders fora aimed at sensitising the public on the State Government’s Registration Exercise aimed at compiling a reliable database to assist government in providing adequate social services to the 21 million people who live and work in the state.

The General Manager of Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA), Ms Yinka Fashola who spoke at a Stakeholders Forum held at City Hall, Lagos said the move was to establish a reliable and updateable database of all residents of Lagos State as well as provide useful information for social, political, business and financial activities.

At the forum targeted at the Corporate Sector which had been preceded by others held in the five divisions and an Open Day for Civil Servants, said the exercise would be carried out through two methods namely through the various registration centres across the state and online registration through the internet which will have to be updated with the actual biometric capturing at the offices.

Ms Fashola who fielded questions from members of the public at the event alongside the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Science and Technology, Mrs. Onikepo Animashaun said the registration points is being opened across the state in all the Local Government Areas as well as Youth and Vocational centres.

“Mobile registration teams are being enabled to enrol all those that live in inaccessible areas, the physically challenged and elderly who might not be able to easily reach the registration stations”.

“Mobile teams will also register organisations and other business entities such as markets and factories who have large number of people on site so as not to disrupt their day to day activities. We would however not carry out door to door service”, she explained.

She said with the exercise, every resident will possess a highly secured unique identification card, saying it would also remove the veil of anonymity from every citizen of the state.

Ms Fashola said the database will serve as a register that will contain all the demographic information of all residents within the state revealing that about 1000 personnel will be engaged throughout the process as enrolment officers.

According to the General Manager, sophisticated technological features, including finger prints will be employed to authenticate and validate the registration process as well as the identity cards, which residents will be able to utilize in transactions with any government agency.

She added: “it contains a unique reference number (residency number) that links every individual to his or her own personal and biological data. The residency number serves as a reference for the prospective individual in his/her or her identity proved transactions with government bodies.“

Explaining the process of registration, the General Manager said 57 registration stations have been sited within the 20 Local Government areas and 37 Local Council Development Areas (LCDA), urging residents to take advantage of the process.

“If you currently reside in Lagos, you are required to register. If you are newly taking-up residency in the state and intend to stay for more than six months, you are also required to register. Anyone who wishes to access the services provided by Lagos State will be asked to authenticate their residency and identity," she added.

While responding to some of the questions, the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Science and Technology, Mrs. Onikepo Animashaun said the process was not to tax residents but to authenticate the users of Lagos State Government’s services and provide an authentic database to plan for the provision of such services.

Also speaking, the Vice Chairman of the Lagos State House of Assembly Committee on Science and Technology, Hon Gbolahan Yishau said the registration process when completed will assist government in planning as well as allocating resources where it is needed.

“This process will allow government to determine the overall resources required to formulate and implement policies, projects and programmes when the number to cater for is known. It will also allow for proper allocation of resources to the appropriate sectors of the economy to meet the needs of residents within the state," Hon Yishau said.

The event was attended by representatives of various corporate concerns, some members of the State Executive Council, including the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Lateef Ibirogba, other top government officials and members of the public

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by EkoIle1: 4:41am On Apr 17, 2013
Public administration 101.

You legislate the law

You create the agency and institution and back it with laws and tools

You do town halls to educate and enlighten the citizens regarding your activities and how you are going about your activities, also what to expect from the agency and what's expected from you the citizen..

Then you provide the service for people to enjoy....

eko o ni baje o...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 17, 2013
Eko Ile: Public administration 101.

You legislate the law

You create the agency and institution and back it with laws and tools

You do town halls to educate and enlighten the citizens regarding your activities and how you are going about your activities, also what to expect from the agency and what's expected from you the citizen..

Then you provide the service for people to enjoy....

eko o ni baje o...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by soma042(m): 9:10am On Apr 17, 2013
drnoel:
http://news.naij.com/14103.html

Pls someone should tell me what is wrong with this man they call Fashola

i bet if yoruba will stand this shit from fashy.
well na now we go know the real onwer of gidi.
no be some mouted dude here making noise.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Bontee: 9:52am On Apr 17, 2013
This is it but only local government registration is going on now i think.

http://www.lagosresidents.org/home/
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by drnoel: 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2013
soma042:

i bet if yoruba will stand this shit from fashy.
well na now we go know the real onwer of gidi.
no be some mouted dude here making noise.
we will see ma guy
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by omonnakoda: 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
Why is Mrs Agbaje poking Mr Fashola like that in photo One above
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by drnoel: 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
omonnakoda: Why is Mrs Agbaje poking Mr Fashola like that in photo One above
Why don't u ask them?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by jadonzi(m): 11:09am On Jan 29, 2018

[size=17pt]Lagos Begins e-registration[/size]

LAGOS—Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has said that his administration will soon commence the issuance of electronic identity cards with unique identification numbers to all residents of the state. He said it was aimed at creating a reliable data base of all citizens in the state.

Fashola, who spoke, after signing the bill establishing the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency, in his office, added that the identity cards would also be used by residents to access government services and help the state in planning for its citizens.

Apart from the bill, which makes registration compulsory for all residents in the state, the Governor also signed the Heritage Sites Bill into law. The heritage law seeks to preserve and protect historical sites in the state.

Fashola said: “The Lagos Residents Registration bill that has just been signed into law is dear to our state. It will serve as a critical planning tool for the government and help us respond to citizens’ needs more effectively.

“Also, the law will help us deal with the issue of security as residents will be issued an electronic card with unique identification which they will carry for life.”

the governor said the registration was compulsory for all residents irrespective of their state of origins, adding that the government would strictly enforce compliance as soon as it becomes operational.

He said the pilot registration of civil servants had since commenced in the state and that the government decided to start with its workers to test-run the exercise.

He dismissed insinuations in certain quarters that the registration was meant for taxation purpose, saying that it was strictly to create a data base of all citizens for development purposes.

Source: https://mp3fresh.com.ng/

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze / Wike Sacks Chairman, Members Of Local Government Commission / Senate Hails Buhari On Completion Ajaokuta-warri Rail During Test Run Inspection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.