Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,088 members, 7,887,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:18 PM

"Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola (26627 Views)

Why Do Our Identity Cards Expire? / Synchronizing PVC, Drivers License, National Identity Cards, NHIS, ATM.. Etc / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by tunnytox(m): 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
J12:

I think this fashola dude is losing it.

Did they say "illegal aliens"? This is shocking! Wow, how can a citizen of Nigeria be an illegal alien in his fatherland? Ok, so what if during the course of the identification registration exercise, millions of unwanted aliens seized the opportunity to get registered and identified as bonafide lagosians? Yes, because they said "tourists" will issued identity cards too. So what if the okoros you guys so hate troop in en masse from the east to get registered eh?
Damn, so after the registration, what next? - mandatory uniforms for lagosians i guess.

And tourists too will be issued this card?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
Is Lagos now a country that they should be issueing identity cards? Aren't we supposed to have a unified ID? If they no longer want to belong to this union they shouuld simply say so instead remaining part of Nigeria and formulating policies that are the exclusive prerogative of countries. So, if they issue the IDs to people currently living in Lagos, what will now happen to new residents to Lagos. Will they be deported? I think Fashola is losing it gradually. I hope he does not topple Hitler with his draconian laws.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
tunnytox:

And tourists too will be issued this card?

Na so you see am o. "Tourists will be issued identity cards" thanks to Emperor Fashola.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by eldoradoxx: 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:

We know we won't wait 50yrs before the remaining half of your Igbo land not currently ravaged by erosion is washed away.

We are living witnesses to the first salvo fired by Mother Nature

Anti progress race

My heart bleeds when I see Nigerians of my generation like you exhibit this degree of hatred and sentiment! Are we no longer one nation?

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Chitexs250(m): 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
Fashola

Fashola

Fashola

Na how many times I call ur name

Na thunder wey miss road

Go fire you and ur committes

Mtcheeeeeew
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by eldoradoxx: 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
I don't think that most Nigerians get this policy right!!! Fashola's govt has been illegally deporting Nigerians of other states who are caught begging in Lagos. There is nothing wrong with govt banning street begging(even where same govt has failed to provide for her citizens) but there is everything wrong with deporting these beggars to their states!!! The constitution says every citizen has right to live anywhere in Nigeria. Now what guarantees us that with the introduction of resident identity card that non lagos residents like me can be free to come to Lagos to do my business without molestation and as an expression of my constitutional right. Who is a Lagos resident, what entitles a man to be Lagos resident. The man also talks about illegal aliens and foreigners,. Lagos state or any state in Nigeria has absolutely no right to determine the legality or otherwise of a foreigner in Nigeria, that is Federal matter done by Immigrations service, a Nigerian citizen cannot also be an alien or reside illegally in Lagos for whatsoever reason!!!

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by kooto(m): 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
drnoel:
http://news.naij.com/14103.html

Pls someone should tell me what is wrong with this man they call Fashola
Nothing is wrong with Fashola, whether one is igbo, hausa, yoruba, delta it doesn't matter the issue is once you are resident in lagos you will have a "residential permit" sort of; I think it will help proper planning it will also help security wise, think about it.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by kooto(m): 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
eldoradoxx: I don't think that most Nigerians get this policy right!!! Fashola's govt has been illegally deporting Nigerians of other states who are caught begging in Lagos. There is nothing wrong with govt banning street begging(even where same govt has failed to provide for her citizens) but there is everything wrong with deporting these beggars to their states!!! The constitution says every citizen has right to live anywhere in Nigeria. Now what guarantees us that with the introduction of resident identity card that non lagos residents like me can be free to come to Lagos to do my business without molestation and as an expression of my constitutional right. Who is a Lagos resident, what entitles a man to be Lagos resident. The man also talks about illegal aliens and foreigners,. Lagos state or any state in Nigeria has absolutely no right to determine the legality or otherwise of a foreigner in Nigeria, that is Federal matter done by Immigrations service, a Nigerian citizen cannot also be an alien or reside illegally in Lagos for whatsoever reason!!!
He did not say Lagos indigine ID, he said Lagos resident ID; if you are resident in Lagos I am sure you will not be denied resident ID irrespective of your tribe.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Sunnibenty: 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ogbodoyinbo 4 naija make we c aw e go work weda we no go furge n photostat am
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
The initiative is good and this is what Nigeria needs at present. Here in America, it is the liability of the states to issue identity cards. And I think we need forward thinkers like Fashola as president who can put up initiatives like this on a national level. However, I always reiterate that Nigerian politicians or their speakers need to take a course or two in PUBLIC SPEAKING. The topic is alright but comments like illegal aliens/immigrants to Nigerians are crass, uncouth and unrefined. A better word would be 'non-resident'. Only a tribalist or someone veering on illiteracy would take people's concerns as irrelevant. To think some people's ethnic group vocabulary ends with Igbo and Hausa, is highly laughable. Silly olodo things. Every Nigerian ethnic group is represented in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by beatricewebb: 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
is it because igbo people are fraudsters that's why they all revolt against such "unprecedented development"?

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
The illegal immigrants in question are non-Nigerians...

Can most of you read? undecided

The full texts posted by Horus is self-explanatory enough for anyone who can spell his/her name to know who the illegal immigrants are...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by stupor(m): 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
Uncle Fashôla is the most critically sound and logically pro-active governór in the whole of the Nigerian federatión.

Always ahead of the federal government.

Baba ! God Almighty will bless you sir.

Eko oni baaje o!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by KINGwax(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
It's really not our education system dt got fuckd, it's like our youths are jes too lazy to use their brain. The word residents is clearly clear enough. And he said, 'regardless of any tribe'.
If u don't undstnd, whenever u are suspected, u'll be asked to tender your i.d. If u don't undstnd how ds'll work, think. It's no joke dt the house numbering started. Then if u aint wit a valid address, u probably aint residing here. U either state your business or get your hell out. Even wen arrested, let's say at the odd hours, then the person u are claimin to visit shld be a valid resident. Are u all nuts or what?

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by lastpage: 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
Peeps should stop fretting!

Fashola is doing what is "normal" ...if our environment can be considered normal! shocked

The worst fear is the "fear of the unknown".

Lastpage!

BTW: This registration exercise would also ensure that you cannot "live and work" in Lagos State, WITHOUT PAYING YOUR OWN TAX TO LAGOS STATE! grin grin wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
Fashola is busy with too many issues, laws and so on.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
berem: ni tori kini? For whaaaaat! Dem no born that pesin papa well wey go deport me or tell me to move to another state.Omo Eko gan gan le mi o to ba mo! Instead make I comot for lagos,make nigeria scatter!! tongue

Lmaoo Hahahahahaha loll wait until that bus takes your a** outta Lagos and dumps you off in Niger Republic instead of Niger State.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2012
Una still dey here? lmao!

When you cross the Niger you are in another country. Make sure you have ID to explain yiur presence and business in Lagos.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
stillwater: Here in America, it is the liability of the states to issue identity cards.

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by baysol: 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2012
drnoel:
http://news.naij.com/14103.html

Pls someone should tell me what is wrong with this man they call Fashola

It is what your small brain could understand. Don't you understand that when enough is enough?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by baysol: 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
Chitexs250: Fashola

Fashola

Fashola

What are you nervous about no be una say una want capital of Naija to go from Lagos to abuja, when the owner of Lagos want to claim back his rightful property una come they halla. Yeye people with divisive agenda must leave lagos. Rubbish.

Na how many times I call ur name

Na thunder wey miss road

Go fire you and ur committes

Mtcheeeeeew
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by baysol: 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2012
eldoradoxx: I don't think that most Nigerians get this policy right!!! Fashola's govt has been illegally deporting Nigerians of other states who are caught begging in Lagos. There is nothing wrong with govt banning street begging(even where same govt has failed to provide for her citizens) but there is everything wrong with deporting these beggars to their states!!! The constitution says every citizen has right to live anywhere in Nigeria. Now what guarantees us that with the introduction of resident identity card that non lagos residents like me can be free to come to Lagos to do my business without molestation and as an expression of my constitutional right. Who is a Lagos resident, what entitles a man to be Lagos resident. The man also talks about illegal aliens and foreigners,. Lagos state or any state in Nigeria has absolutely no right to determine the legality or otherwise of a foreigner in Nigeria, that is Federal matter done by Immigrations service, a Nigerian citizen cannot also be an alien or reside illegally in Lagos for whatsoever reason!!!

Mr grammatisian wakeup and smell the coffee.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by baysol: 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
acidtalk: Oga Fasho don dey kolo small small.

Very soon people go dey use Visa from Anambra before dem go fit enter Obodo Lasgidi.

Wake up my friend is no more business as usual. If you are not happy stay back in you anambra and site you shit there. Enough is enough after all una don declare Biafra. Make una go jeje no one go fight with una. If you want it the other way we are ready for all of una naija cockroaches.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
Hmm. Be back in Lagos after y'all are done.

Gracias.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Mekanze: 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
The beauty of Lagos state is it population let say that federal government can develop other states like Lagos i bate you yorubas will b on their knees begging for food, because most of them only have hope on their rent
.I mean house rent.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Mekanze: 10:35pm On Nov 10, 2012
beatrice webb: is it because igbo people are fraudsters that's why they all revolt against such "unprecedented development"?
Who so ever God bless no one can curse, some thing u need 2 know is dat ones you hate a particular tribe d more God bless them. So no plan against d Igbo Jews dat can stop them. Though some people will suffer it while some will survive it.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ok we don here. grin
Compulsory abi na voluntary?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by ektbear: 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2012
Compulsory, I hope

Or at least, in the sense that you'll need it if you want to interact with government in any way
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 12:45am On Nov 11, 2012

When you cross the Niger, whether at northen boundary, middle boundary or eastern boundary or southern.......you are out of Biafra and Arewa and immigrating into the Yoruba commonwealth of Nations.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by whitecat007: 1:35am On Nov 11, 2012
Liberal machine newspaper created to distort facts and rig the election in favor of democrats.
CuntDestroyer: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/03/gop-backed-voter-fraud-laws-aim-to-disenfranchise-students.html

am not your google
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by 7lives: 1:45am On Nov 11, 2012
Very good, people don't want to use their brains so everyone is either running away to abroad or Lagos. Lagos is now a concrete jungle, its about the survival of the fittest, law of the jungle.
I said it without remorse that by the time the Lagos state government is through dealing with the mad influx into Lagos, most people will sit and work out their survival in their villages and leave Lagos alone. What madness, between 10 to 12 people in 1 room in Lagos, another craze going on is 100 naira per night in crowded rooms, Babies,children and pregnant women inclusive, bread hawkers living in bakeries, abokis, okada men and area boys sleeping in front of people's stores and abandoned vehicles, what about living in dump sites and under bridges,market places and churches all in a desperate bid to live in Lagos.
People have themselves to blame for whatsoever befall them, people who were left behind in the villages are not stupid by staying behind. They have probably weigh their chances and realized that their chance of survival in Lagos is zero, these are the smart ones, not the ones who came to Lagos to chase shadows.
The Lagos state government will continue to look for ways to make their job easier, it is also the jobs of the citizens of other states to demand for better life from their state governments, FASHOLA IS JUST A GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE AND NOT THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA.
LET THERE BE MASS INSURRECTIONS IN OTHER STATES OF NIGERIA, ASK QUESTIONS, FIGHT BACK, MAKE DEMANDS,THE GOVERNORS ARE THERE TO SERVE YOU, FORCE THEM TO DO THEIR JOBS, YOU ARE THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES, STOP CHASING SHADOWS, LEAVE FASHOLA ALONE, GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by whitecat007: 1:46am On Nov 11, 2012
You should be ignored now for you know not what you are talking about.

Every state in the US issues state Ids along side driver licenses.

I have both of them on me right now. I think both are issued in case your license is suspended, and mostly because some people don't have licenses.
You are given 3 months to change them when you move to another state.
CuntDestroyer:

wrong.

states only issue the following:

1. Birth and Death certificates

2. drivers licence

3. marriage contracts (certificates)

4. professional liscence (doctors, lawyers, etc)

5. States keep a criminal data base

The states do not issue resident id's .

And while you are against GEJ know that it is Lagos state government that is proposing a State Identification system, also the former National ID card system is well out of date and has no bio metric database.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Prostitutes Plan Mass Protest Fuel Price Hike / Rinsola Abiola (@bint_moshood) Dumps APC / Ali Modu Sheriff Remains PDP Chairman, Appeal Court Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.