Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,566 members, 7,914,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:09 AM

"Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola (26703 Views)

Why Do Our Identity Cards Expire? / Synchronizing PVC, Drivers License, National Identity Cards, NHIS, ATM.. Etc / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by mbhs139(m): 7:51am On Nov 10, 2012
playah P: "Illegal aliens"....

I support the idea of identity cards but who are the "illegal aliens"
Unless he is trying to push out foriegners(non-nigerians) without valid passport.

Cos any nigerian person has the right to be in ny state @ ny time

I think that is the point.

By the way, people like just over blowing issues. Why not let's just talk about the merit and demerit of the exercise and not about who is allien and who is not
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 10, 2012
berem: The conditions for me having that identity card are:

It must be absolutely FREE
I must not stand and wait under the sun during the registration
Every Bank and other establishments must recognize it
I must not be harrassed by Law Enforcement Agencies if I don't have the card with me

In that case, you just might wanna consider a move to another state.

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer1: 8:01am On Nov 10, 2012
Very few people here have the foresight to see that this is purely an ethnic purge of Lagos. Illegal aliens indeed. Last I check Lagos is not swamped by an influx of non-Nigerians maybe non-Lagosians.
The idea is politically motivated and unless you understand the desperation of the ruling ACN to maintain power you won't be able to see beyond this scam project which is designed to purge the voters register and also add money to their pockets.

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Gbawe: 8:05am On Nov 10, 2012
mbhs139:

At the boldened does not include Nigerians. That's my take. It simply points to citizens of other non west african countries trooping into lagos through the various border post manned by the corrupt federal officials.

Aren't you aware of Chaddians, Beninous, Nigerians (i mean people from Niger) trooping to Lagos to work as Okadas. Even there is Visa free movement for the Ecowas countries, isn't there suppose to be some control?

Say what you want. Are those the folks who have swelled the population of Lagos to the frustration of administrators like Fashola? Why not simply use a Nigerian ID to achieve what Fashola is attempting? How will this work in practice? No Lagos "resident" ID and deported to Chad, Ghana, Togo or Benin? Do you understand our West African neigbhours can legally be in Nigeria for stretches of three months?

Let us tell ourselves the truth. The world is becoming an arena where man recognizes that modern ideas must drive progress. Instead we are still stuck in the dark ages in Nigeria with our people endorsing archaic ideas. You guys should show me one example of States or Cities , worldwide, having their own separate ID's within a nation. Londoners? Accra folks? Abidjan resident, Tokyo dwellers, Mumbai residents?

Look, Fashola and Nigerians should do what they want. Everything is 'heating up'and administrators should be careful reacting in ways that stoke tension. Certainly things are unjust in Nigerian and I have stated that I empathise with Fashola but I cannot endorse what I feel is wrong , unseen elsewhere, and sets a bad precedence of segregation and disunity. Anyone is free to disagree with me but let us all own the consequences of where we end up when the shite hits the fan.

I am a Lagosian same as Fashola.

3 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 10, 2012
National Biometric Database is used for social Security Payments, Population control and monitoring and Healthcare dispensation. Lagos state has no capacity to offer social security benefits to the residents, there are no functional state hospitals, so I believe this is just for pupolation monitoring and control. Its against the national constitution for Lagos to designate any Nigerian an illegal resident in any state. I have mentioned the depopulation agenda of the mafia that controls Lagos, but I didn't know they are this desparate. Methinks Lagos can achieve more by utilizing the population advantage, afterall investors prefer Lagos due to her population. Personally, except lagos has capacity to provide me with social security, free medicare and security, I will not welcome such local ID, we already have too many IDs in this country but no benefits.

4 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Hardfact: 8:09am On Nov 10, 2012
sad
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Osiris211: 8:10am On Nov 10, 2012
Your opinion don't count, my luv cool

berem: The conditions for me having that identity card are:

It must be absolutely FREE
I must not stand and wait under the sun during the registration
Every Bank and other establishments must recognize it
I must not be harrassed by Law Enforcement Agencies if I don't have the card with me
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by BigBashiru: 8:16am On Nov 10, 2012
mbhs139:

What's your point? You are speaking from both sides of your mouth. By the way, what has religion got to do with this?
you aren't quiet making sense. Could you be explicit

To be explicit:

1.) Nigeria is rapidly degenerating into a highly monitored police state if this comes into force - with Government having great power over citizens.
2.) Religion has everything to do with it because it is coming to pass. Logically, if you must have ID in lagos, and must have ID card to transact government business in lagos, have ID card as only acceptable means to identify yourself for core identification purposes such as commencing employment or travelling by road from Lagos to Abuja (this could easily be pushed through the issue of Boko Haram), then the card has too much power; which in turn means govt has too much power. If the card is less powerful and only serves one or two purposes I am happy with it. But if it will serve multiple purposes such as the aforementioned in future, then I am ariad it begins to line up with the Book of Revelation (call me lunatic but I am just making a point).
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 10, 2012
Osiris.211:
Your opinion don't count, my luv cool

You think so? Oya na make we dey watch.if I decide not to have it,wetin Fashola go do? Deport me? Won bi da!! tongue
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 10, 2012
Cool development
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 10, 2012
kingoflag:

In that case, you might wanna consider a move to another state.
ni tori kini? For whaaaaat! Dem no born that pesin papa well wey go deport me or tell me to move to another state.Omo Eko gan gan le mi o to ba mo! Instead make I comot for lagos,make nigeria scatter!! tongue
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by nku5: 8:29am On Nov 10, 2012
No be Fashola fault. Its Obasanjo that created this monster
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by MSEdLAW(m): 8:31am On Nov 10, 2012
Moderator I observed some post were hidden.. Good job .. To forestall decency while commenting! I commend fashola..for on dis idea.. Evry mega city in d world shuld be able to monitor d influx..of aliens and legal residents.. To ensure security of lives and property.@ a time when d yearn for an overhaul of our security system is called for sum un-civilized denizens r criticizing my pragmatic gov'nor pls.. Look on d bright side.. Welfarist policies, proper security policies, adequate. Infrastructural estimates can't be envisaged without a comprehensive data base of residents ..naija plss in Gods name get serious minded.. D world is leaving us far behind...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by kennytidistar(m): 8:31am On Nov 10, 2012
this fashoola just like to dey hijack federal govt agenda. thief thief gov.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Godmann(m): 8:33am On Nov 10, 2012
A Citizen of Nigeria have right to live and do business in every part of Nigeria. Not even Fashola can change it. He also cannot stop us from voting in governorship elections. rubbish tribalist agenda
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by kennytidistar(m): 8:34am On Nov 10, 2012
donald duke did not even bring all this rubish, hence he even out shine is fellow governors he was the best gov during his time, despite that fact he never become a president, even though every body love him, fashola is daydreaming.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 8:34am On Nov 10, 2012
So we know how many Igbos live with us, where they are and how to deal with them decisively grin

But seriously there's nothing wrong with a state trying to identify its residents and create a database that will help in better administering the state. It will serve the following purposes:

1. Effective Tax Monitoring
2. Effective distribution of infrastructure
3. Provision of adequate security. (Since you know which areas have the most population)
4. A database for the unemployed with a view to establishing a social security structure
5. Provision of effective health care
6. Prioritization of transportation routes, links and means
7. Education for school aged children

Ati be be lo
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 10, 2012
Can Nigerians become illegal citizens in their own country. Too much oil soup is disrupting fashola's brain. He aint thinking alright
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 8:38am On Nov 10, 2012
Even in my own neighborhood in Lagos, residents of the estate have residents' card. So what should I do? Sell my property and move away?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by kennytidistar(m): 8:39am On Nov 10, 2012
will you give serving corpper in lagos separate ID card? this fashola must be a slowpoke and not sensitive at all.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by nku5: 8:43am On Nov 10, 2012
When Abuja has failed and has not shown strong leadership and direction, local strongmen will fill the vacuum. Make Goodluck dey there very soon he will need ID card to enter lagos. E go be like joke
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 8:43am On Nov 10, 2012
kennytidistar: will you give serving corpper in lagos separate ID card? this fashola must be a slowpoke and not sensitive at all.

Corpers won't need it except they plan to live in the state after their service year
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Burger01(m): 8:45am On Nov 10, 2012
Some people don't understand the rationale behind Fashola's plans. Why won't people seek clarification and proper comprehension of the matter at hand before coming out to spew rubbish on this thread. Maybe they have hidden agendas. What's wrong in a govt that's trying to plan well for its citizens and manage resources within the coffer of the state? Why don't u guys come to any state in America and declined to be registered? why don't most naija peeps want development? I tire o..
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Godmann(m): 9:02am On Nov 10, 2012
For those of you shouting the control of foreigners in Lagos as merit, be informed that immigration is purely on the Federal Exclusive list and state government have no say. Go change Nigeria constitution if you can. dreamers.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 10, 2012
drnoel:
http://news.naij.com/14103.html

Pls someone should tell me what is wrong with this man they call Fashola

His tenure is about finishing. Forget, no cry ooh?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 10, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Pls enlightened minds should highlight the advantages as well as the disadvantages of this new policy...

I know lagos doesnt plant cassava, lagosians will pay for this through the high cost of garri.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2012
Negro_Ntns: They are like mexicans....everytime you repatriate them they are back crossing the border.

I laugh in swiss, una still dey come Onitsha in droves to buy cheap goods. Let a functional seaport be in Onitsha and an international airport in Enugu, then we will know who loves chaotic lagos traffic. Mtscheew.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Gbawe: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez: So we know how many Igbos live with us, where they are and how to deal with them decisively grin

But seriously there's nothing wrong with a state trying to identify its residents and create a database that will help in better administering the state. It will serve the following purposes:

1. Effective Tax Monitoring
2. Effective distribution of infrastructure
3. Provision of adequate security. (Since you know which areas have the most population)
4. A database for the unemployed with a view to establishing a social security structure
5. Provision of effective health care
6. Prioritization of transportation routes, links and means
7. Education for school aged children

Ati be be lo

Where do you see that being done worldwide with a "resident" ID card that ostensibly confers more rights on some than others they share citizenship with regarding use of a geographical space within a nation? Where are we taking our examples from in Nigeria?

Censuses and headcounts are acceptable tools of demographic/social/economic planning but what is the concept behind States having "resident identity card"? I certainly admit that Fashola is a great administrator but I don't agree with this current move. Of course I may be wrong but I am just unconvinced this will reduce let alone cure the problem of urban migration that, to me, is the target of this initiative.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by akigbemaru: 9:16am On Nov 10, 2012
It is only an idiot will go against this new development. In America where I live, I have gotten more than 22 state ID cards, federal says that you must declare your change of address within 11 days if you and if you move to another states, you can't even use a common library without declaring proof of resident. This is what I usually do, find somebody within the state or from another state to send a letter to me and put my names on it, once they see that at the library, they will issue you library card right away.
State ID is really good, it also help to solve crimes. Example like Igbo boys that killed that girl from Lagos Hotel , they came from other state and perpetuated their evilness and went back to their state, with ID card with tumb print, you can trace their finger prints!
For others that criticize it, Yoruba always take the lead and you follow and finally like it too. So get used to it.

2 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Myself2(m): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2012
Yet another wicked and evil policy contrived to tax people more so as to enrich Tinubu and his boys including Fashola.I spit on the despicable ACN lot
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by onyxo76(m): 9:21am On Nov 10, 2012
Lagos is becoming something else.cars are to have lagos plate numbers if you reside in lagos, now residents to carry I'd cards. My main fear now is the role of over zealous security who take things to extreme. Okada was banned from certain roads now police arrest okada riders on all roads. A lot of people from will be arrested for not having lagos I'd abi? Soon you will need 35 other I'd cards to reside in any state if you work entials frequent transfers.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 9:24am On Nov 10, 2012
akigbemaru: It is only an idiot will go against this new development. In America where I live, I have gotten more than 22 state ID cards, federal says that you must declare your change of address within 11 days if you and if you move to another states, you can't even use a common library without declaring proof of resident. This is what I usually do, find somebody within the state or from another state to send a letter to me and put my names on it, once they see that at the library, they will issue you library card right away.
State ID is really good, it also help to solve crimes. Example like Igbo boys that killed that girl from Lagos Hotel , they came from other state and perpetuated their evilness and went back to their state, with ID card with tumb print, you can trace their finger prints!
For others that criticize it, Yoruba always take the lead and you follow and finally like it too. So get used to it.

I wonder why they can barely understand this

Very soon other states will start theirs too

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Saraki Leads Senators To Visit The Awolowos (Photos) / Troops Intercept Boko Haram Suicide Bomb Squad(photos) / Tinubu Appoints Titi Gbadamosi As Special Assistant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.