Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,106 members, 7,887,210 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:20 AM

"Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola (26629 Views)

Why Do Our Identity Cards Expire? / Synchronizing PVC, Drivers License, National Identity Cards, NHIS, ATM.. Etc / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:16am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

my late dad has properties in Lagos, I will sell it off. I haven't set foot in that garbage heap in years.

Let this south south governors think for once.they can open sea ports , set up a Petroleum company that will eventually take over NNPC. BUT the id10ts are buying jets.

...they dont want to perish on Benin-Ore rd as they go back and forth everyweekend to go clubbing in V.I., ......you might think Lagos is a garbage heap, your governors love the feel on Lagoon front.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:17am On Nov 10, 2012
obo_man: This should be the work of the border Agency in Nigeria, but our Border agency isn't functional.

you and I know this has nothing to do with illegal aliens. so stop spewing garbage. this is down to pure ethnicity.

I think it's high time people got out of that swamp heap. Calabar is more pristine, Abuja more serene and the potentials in the delta are huge.

ACN stinks and reeks of tribalism and corruption.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:18am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

if all those omo onile and agberos can register to vote, own bank cards, own mobile phones then getting a resident's ID shouldn't be a problem! i back this idea 100%. if another government comes in, they would continue where fashola stopped!

we all complain nigeria have no central database to identify culprits when criminal activities are committed. a man has stepped up to the plate to start acquiring data and you people are shouting him down - what is wrong with nigerians?

why are you people reluctant to positive changes? is this a tribal issue or a security issue?
damned if the government proffers solutions, damned if they don't!!!

..correct yarn coogar!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:19am On Nov 10, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

...they dont want to perish on Benin-Ore rd as they go back and forth everyweekend to go clubbing in V.I., ......you might think Lagos is a garbage heap, your governors love the feel on Lagoon front.

a shore line that will be beneath the atlantic within 5yrs. i lol.

dont be f00led no one goes to lagos any more. the highest migrant destination in Nigeria today is Abuja and Port.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by amor4ce(m): 1:19am On Nov 10, 2012
How can I ask Gov Fashola to include craniometric (shape of skull/head) data as part of the biometric information on the ID cards?

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:20am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

you and I know this has nothing to do with illegal aliens. so stop spewing garbage. this is down to pure ethnicity.

I think it's high time people got out of that swamp heap. Calabar is more pristine, Abuja more serene and the potentials in the delta are huge.

When you cross the Niger, whether in the North or in the middle or in South....you crossed the border and in a new country.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 1:21am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:
lie! there is an existing National ID. CARD system in place, A Biometric passport system and a fully integrated driver's liscense system. Even in the states, where a full republic sysytem exists you dont see people carrying New York ID'S.
This has it's eyes towards 2015 election.

the national ID card has biometrics? are you kidding me? that nonsense ID card that looks like a video club card? people won't carry new york IDs in the big apple because there's a central database already in place.....there's nothing in lagos to identify who is who.....in 2012, it's shameful! the fashola idea is not 100% perfect but it's a good start!

VOTE AGAINST ACN.

keep calm and stop typing in big font...

3 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by tunnytox(m): 1:21am On Nov 10, 2012
Eko Atlantic:
Indeed, they're not as beautiful as the biafrans grin cheesy grin

OMG pls remove those pics, na God I take beg you.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by TableLeg(m): 1:22am On Nov 10, 2012
Good move ...
No to illegal aliens .... Get rid of them raasclarts, all of them! undecided
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:22am On Nov 10, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

When you cross the Niger, whether in the North or in the middle or in South....you crossed the border and in a new country.

i dont blame you.

can the whole south eat without the middle belt?

can the SW exist without oil money?

DECLARE INDEPENDENCE AND SEE IT GIVEN QUICKLY. TOGO IN THE MAKING
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by ortopazz(m): 1:22am On Nov 10, 2012
ok. If Sizwe Bansi wont die here who will? Takes me back to Port elizabeth, just hope as time goes by, this doesnt mean that without the card, u wont be allowed to do biz in gidi, just saying abi hoping.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:23am On Nov 10, 2012
amor4ce: How can I ask Gov Fashola to include craniometric (shape of skull/head) data as part of the biometric information on the ID cards?

Lol. I dont need the name to know im speaking to a mexican.....oops, i mean Igbo
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:24am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

i dont blame you.

can the whole south eat without the middle belt?

can the SW exist without oil money?

DECLARE INDEPENDENCE AND SEE IT GIVEN QUICKLY. TOGO IN THE MAKING

..shyyt, we already did. where were you?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Lusola15: 1:24am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

if all those omo onile and agberos can register to vote, own bank cards, own mobile phones then getting a resident's ID shouldn't be a problem! i back this idea 100%. if another government comes in, they would continue where fashola stopped!

we all complain nigeria have no central database to identify culprits when criminal activities are committed. a man has stepped up to the plate to start acquiring data and you people are shouting him down - what is wrong with nigerians?

why are you people reluctant to positive changes? is this a tribal issue or a security issue?

In the security world they say fear the unknown.
What if the data base gets into the wrongs hands what happens
Trust me this is nigeria
U can be track at anytime I mean realtime
"He who sacrifices freedom on the altar of security will have non"
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:24am On Nov 10, 2012
ortopazz: ok. If Sizwe Bansi wont die here who will? Takes me back to Port elizabeth, just hope as time goes by, this doesnt mean that without the card, u wont be allowed to do biz in gidi, just saying abi hoping.
Negro_Ntns:

Lol. I dont need the name to know im speaking to a mexican.....oops, i mean Igbo

I DONT BLAME YOU. IGBOS ARE BETTER LOOKING THAN YOU YORUBISH
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 10, 2012
Who exactly does this power-drunk, delusional governor regard as "illegal immigrants"? Is he talking about Nigerian citizens or illegal aliens from other countries? If the latter is the case, is it the responsibility of the LASG to tackle illegal immigrants, or it is the responsibility of the Federal Government (through the Nigerian Immigration Service)?

On the other hand, if he regards bona-fide Nigerian citizens who have the constitutional RIGHT to live ANYWHERE within Nigeria as "illegal" residents of Lagos, then it is high time he is eliminated from the exalted office of governor - legally or illegally. He is clearly in dire need of psychiatric evaluation and treatment. It's an emergency! He gets more dangerous with each passing day he is allowed to occupy the position of governor.

2 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:25am On Nov 10, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

..shyyt, we already did. where were you?

GOOD. ENJOY YOUR 50YR TINIBU DYNASTY
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by naturalwaves: 1:25am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

Help me ask them o. Nigeria is lagging behind other developed Nations by at least 100 years. While some people (R.etardeen et al) are doing the talk, someone is taking actions and working towards excellence and development and some fo.ools are castigating him for wanting to have a proper database for the people he governs so as to do proper planning.I wonder what the crime is in doing that.

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:27am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

a shore line that will be beneath the atlantic within 5yrs. i lol.

dont be f00led no one goes to lagos any more. the highest migrant destination in Nigeria today is Abuja and Port.

...as long you are on that side of niger...no problem. Take your governors and their jets with you.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:28am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

I DONT BLAME YOU. IGBOS ARE BETTER LOOKING THAN YOU YORUBISH

...in what way, do you care to share?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

Okay, Cunnt, It isn't rubbish. Maybe there are actual concerns that there are Aliens who shouldn't be in Lagos....

Let's Imagine there are, what is your solution? A practical Solution pls!!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 1:31am On Nov 10, 2012
Lusola15:

Trust me this is nigeria

what is anyone going to do with your biometrics? can anyone claim your fingerprint or your identikit? it's just going to be your name, date of birth, address, etc.....there would be a computer chip that would recognise you when the card gets swiped - that is all!

why are you not worried the information you provided @ the passport office to get your nigerian passport could get into the wrong hands? i tire for nigerians and their excuses. this resident's ID is going to stop a lot of fraudulent activities and impersonation that is rife in lagos state.....

as it is now, i can forge a cheque in your signature and withdraw money from your account - with a biometric card, it would be difficult!

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:31am On Nov 10, 2012
pro01: Who exactly does this power-drunk, delusional governor regard as "illegal immigrants"? Is he talking about Nigerian citizens or illegal aliens from other countries? If the latter is the case, is it the responsibility of the LASG to tackle illegal immigrants, or it is the responsibility of the Federal Government (through the Nigerian Immigration Service)?

On the other hand, if he regards bona-fide Nigerian citizens who have the constitutional RIGHT to live ANYWHERE within Nigeria as "illegal" residents of Lagos, then it is high time he is eliminated from the exalted office of governor - legally or illegally. He is clearly in dire need of psychiatric evaluation and treatment. It's an emergency! He gets more dangerous with each passing day he is allowed to occupy the position of governor.

...Yorubas put him there, we will kick him out whe he is no longer serving the desires of the land owners. 'till then, chiill!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 10, 2012
Fasola appears to be the only governor thinking in Nigeria. All states should endeavor to register residents into a database for security, planning and immigration purposes among others. We ll soon know the actual population of Nigeria, we ll soon be voting in an election where ballot box can not be snatched, we ll soon get a Nigeria where if you commit crime, your finger print ll reveal your identity. Step by step, inch an inch, Lagos is moving, setting the pace for others to follow.

Eko o ni baje.

7 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:36am On Nov 10, 2012
obo_man:

Okay, Cunnt, It isn't rubbish. Maybe there are actual concerns that there are Aliens who shouldn't be in Lagos....

Let's Imagine there are, what is your solution? A practical Solution pls!!

You want me to base an argument on an assumption?

You and I know that ACN is playing the blame game for it's failures. Population can never be a problem. NewYork's strength is based on her population jeez even Kano manipulated the last censors to get more FG funding.

No. This is based on ethnic bashing and vote clinching come 2015.

You want a solution vote ACN out of power those f00ls don't have a clue. They have isolated the SW since 1999 from their constant non-inclusive and opposing stance.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by pato405(m): 1:36am On Nov 10, 2012
THIS AINT A PROBLEM AT ALL! [although in a way, It;s a laudable & commendable approach to tacking indiscriminate immigration into Lag, more than 40% of people in Lagos have no business being there]

on the other hand,one would have expected Fash to come up with a more pragmatic approach. this strategy is as vapid as it sounds. Nigerians can cleverly beat him to it. infact, he just prove himself to be the proverbial mouse trying to bell the cat. trust Nigerians, Lagos will experience massive influx of immigrants now. he just woke sleeping dogs. Fash just opened the floodgates of immigration as desperation to get the said ID cards will attract more people into Lagos when the exercise starts. The average Nigerian would definitely want to own a Lagos ID grin( & possibly Abuja, if FCT decides to follow suit) so that nothing will deny them access when they deem fit.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:36am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

what is anyone going to do with your biometrics? can anyone claim your fingerprint or your identikit? it's just going to be your name, date of birth, address, etc.....there would be a computer chip that would recognise you when the card gets swiped - that is all!

why are you not worried the information you provided @ the passport office to get your nigerian passport could get into the wrong hands? i tire for nigerians and their excuses. this residents ID is going to stop a lot of fraudulent activities and impersonation that is rife in lagos state.....

as it is now, i can forge a cheque in your signature and withdraw money from your account - with a biometric card, it would be difficult!

..why would i want to steal identity of another Nigerian? .....Sss is hunting for him, he has been banned from ever setting foot anywhere in Europe, he is on fbi most wanted list.... the city of New York has five warrants to serve on him. ........ am i nuts, why do i want to steal Nigerian man identity?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by naturalwaves: 1:37am On Nov 10, 2012
Lusola15:

Trust me this is nigeria
Your fear is that your data and other info such as address, name , occupation, phone numbers etc could get into the wrong hands in case the database is hacked into or something. Well, that is understandable but not important here as that is not the only form of database available for sourcing basic information. We did a similar registration during elections, your sim card and info is registered with the operators, your university has same etc so why should this be different? Why didn't you refuse or castigate other forms of database before now. If your fear is generally about database in this modern time, then you are still living in the 17th century.Wake up!!!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 10, 2012
No one has explained how the legal and illegal status would be determined...

Are the legal residents the indigenes, those born and raised in Lagos, those who have lived in Lagos for a period of time, and house owners in Lagos??

If so, who are the illegal residents??

BTW, the database thingy is long overdue and a brilliant idea... However, I'm confused about the resident status...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 10, 2012
Lmao @ number of hidden post on first page grin

2 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 1:41am On Nov 10, 2012
Prof Corruption: Fasola appears to be the only governor thinking in Nigeria. All states should endeavor to register residents into a database for security, planning and immigration purposes among others. We ll soon know the actual population of Nigeria, we ll soon be voting in an election where ballot box can not be snatched, we ll soon get a Nigeria where if you commit crime, your finger print ll reveal your identity. Step by step, inch an inch, Lagos is moving, setting the pace for others to follow.

Eko o ni baje.

until there's a database in place in lagos to identify who is who - the crime rate would continue to soar! now let's see if those bumbling oafish armed robbers would be smart enough not to leave clues in the crime scene.....whether rapïsts would still be leaving their fluids in the victims, etc. this exercise should be commended - if jonathan has any common sense at all, this should be a national exercise

shymexx: No one has explained how the legal and illegal status would be determined...

there's no legal or illegal aspect in this issue - after all, people from the other states would visit lagos on tourism or to see family members.....the people harping on illegal immigrant angle are just looking for excuses as usual!

Are the legal residents the indigenes, those born and raised in Lagos, those who have lived in Lagos for a period of time, and house owners in Lagos??

only people living in lagos would carry these cards - yorubas, igbos, hausas, europeans, indians, etc. it's just to identify who is who - nothing to do with illegal or legal!

BTW, the database thingy is long overdue and a brilliant idea... However, I'm confused about the resident status...

there's no confusion - if you stay in lagos, you are a resident and you would qualify to have one regardless of where you come from! in a stop and search scenario, you could be required to produce your ID.......if you don't have one, then be ready to explain why you don't carry one......
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:42am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx: No one has explained how the legal and illegal status would be determined...

If you have to ask this question, then you belong on the other side of the niger border. I will tell Awujale to disown you shymexx. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Ali Modu Sheriff Remains PDP Chairman, Appeal Court Rules / Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill / Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.