Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,303 members, 7,894,284 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 07:24 AM

Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) (40591 Views)

Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Archangel Michael Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 18, 2012
TroGunn:

Chief, ur version na wa. Simple questions for you - Is Jesus Christ a different person from his God and Father (Yahweh)? Do you believe in the trinity teaching?
TRINITY ? NO. YES JESUS IS A DIFFERENT PERSON FROM THE FATHER HOWEVER SINCE THEIR SPIRIT IS HOLY, THEY HAVE THE SAME SPIRIT. HOWEVER THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT ENTITIES
1 CORINTHIANS 11 VS 3 Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
obadiah777: TRINITY ? NO. YES JESUS IS A DIFFERENT PERSON FROM THE FATHER HOWEVER SINCE THEIR SPIRIT IS HOLY, THEY HAVE THE SAME SPIRIT. HOWEVER THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT ENTITIES
1 CORINTHIANS 11 VS 3 Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Thx. I do agree that Jesus is distinct from the Father.

[b] 1 Thessalonians 4:1,2; 13-17
New International Version (NIV)

4 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. [/b]

You do realize from the context of 1 Thess 4, the "Lord" referred is almost certainly Christ, not his Father Yahweh.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 18, 2012
TroGunn:

4 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. [/b]

You do realize from the context of 1 Thess 4, the "Lord" referred is almost certainly Christ, not his Father Yahweh.
BRAH, THE NIV BIBLE IS GARBAGE. IT IS CORRUPT. ONLY KJV IS THE REAL DEAL LIKE EVANDER HOLYFIELD
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2012
obadiah777: BRAH, THE NIV BIBLE IS GARBAGE. IT IS CORRUPT. ONLY KJV IS THE REAL DEAL LIKE EVANDER HOLYFIELD

Here's the KJV rendering -

King James Version (KJV)
4 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more. 2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [/b]

What's the difference?
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2012
TroGunn:

Here's the KJV rendering -

King James Version (KJV)
4 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more. 2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [/b]

What's the difference?
BIG DIFFERENCE BRUV. BRUV, THE LORD HIMSELF SHALL DESCEND FROM HEAVEN IS REFERING TO GOD NOT CHRIST. THE LORD HIMSELF DESCENDS THROUGH PEOPLE. FOR EXAMPLE LOOK AT THIS VERSE

EZEKIEL 38 VS 18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face. <<< FUTURE PROPHESY WW3, WHEN GOG ( RUSSIA ) SHALL COME AGAINST THE LAND OF ISRAEL ( THE FAKE JEWS CLAIMING TO BE JEWS BUT ARE NOT ), THE FURY OF THE LORD WILL COME IN HIS FACE THROUGH THE RUSSIANS. THE LORD ACTUALLY COMES DOWN AND PHYSICALLY FIGHTS THESE WARS HIMSELF USING PEOPLE.

EXODUS 15 VS 3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

LETS SEE AN EXAMPLE OF THE LORD COMING DOWN TO FIGHT BATTLE ON EARTH THROUGH THE ARMY HE WANTS TO WIN

DANIEL 10 VS 20 And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come. <<< LORD JOINING THE RANKS WITH THE ANCIENT PERSIAN EMPIRE TO KICK THE BUTT OF THE ANCIENT BABYLONIAN EMPIRE. STUDY THIS VERSE WELL. ITS DANIEL CONVERSING WITH GOD NOT CHRIST. CHRIST HAD NOT COME TO EARTH THEN

THE LORD COME DOWN WITH THE SHOUT OF AN ARCHANGEL TO KICK BUTTS IN WAR TIMES. DURING THIS WW3 THE LORD WILL BE FIGHTING ON THE SIDE OF AHMEDINEJAD WHICH IS WHY IRAN WILL WIN. ITS BIBLICAL PROPHESY. IRAN WILL KICK AMERICAS BUTT. OF COURSE OTHER NATIONS WILL JOIN IN BUT THE IRANIAN CONGLOMERATE WILL PREVAIL.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by truthislight: 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
obadiah777: YOU ARE JUST CONFUSING YOURSELF WITH TOO MANY MUMBO JUMBO AND VAIN OPINION. LEARN TO MAKE YOUR POINTS WITH BIBLICAL SCRIPTURES NOT VAIN OPINIONS.

OK LETS SEE. JOHN 1 VS 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God <<< SO THE WORD WAS HERE BEFORE EVERYTHING WAS CREATED.

REVELATION 19 VS 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. <<< SO THE WORD IS CHRIST. HENCE THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST WAS HERE FROM THE BEGINING.

JOHN 1 VS 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. <<< SO THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST PUT ON A BODY, A MORTAL BODY, SO AS TO DWELL AMONGST US.

SO WHILE THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST HAS BEEN HERE FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME, HE PUT ON A MORTAL BODY FOR A SHORT TIME SO AS TO SEAL THE ELECT BY HIS DEATH AND USE THEM TO WRITE THE LAWS THAT WILL UNIFY BOTH JEW AND GENTILE SO AS TO GATHER THE SECOND FRUIT FROM THE GENTILE. ITS JUST THAT SIMPLE.

lol.
guy, are you looking for frosbel to write that to?

Well, when frosbel comes around he will tell you "his own opinion".

Peace.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by plappville(f): 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2012
TroGunn:

Even Christ said it when He was on earth, this bro obadiah777: is running faster than his shadow:

John 5:25 & 28 : 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. ( Who is the SON of GOD? Jesus of course. It is Jesus's voice that will raise the dead not Yahweh's.)

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

If we compare the two Bible texts above (1 Thessalonians 4:16 and John 5:25 & 28) we see one of the strongest cases plainly saying that Jesus is the "LORD" in these verses, not Yahweh Himself, no one will even say such.....SMH for prophet @obadiah777:
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by truthislight: 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2012
plappville:

What....are you out of your mind? Michael is Yahweh? i almost miss this hehehehehe....

Let me ask you some question now, here are two events, i believe you didn't bother to read the thread before commenting:

The Angel of the LORD
1. Zechariah 3:1-2 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the "Angel of the LORD", and Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him. 2. And the "LORD" said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you, Satan! The LORD who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you!

Then see this other event that is completely, and interesting parallel:

Michael the archangel:
Jude 1:9 Yet "Michael the archangel", in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

First in Zechariah, we see Joshua standing befor the "Angel of the Lord". "Satan", the accuser, is also present to oppose what the Angel of the Lord is doing. In D second verse, the Angel of the Lord starts speaking to Satan. In this verse The Angel of the Lord is actually called "the LORD". No one will conclude it was the Father speaking here. Why would the Father say: "The Lord rebuke you"? shocked No, it is not the Father. It is the Son! One Lord is speaking of the other Lord.

If you say that Michael is GOD (YAHWEH) himself, then who is greater than Yahweh that He was now reffering "Satan's rebuking to?

i had expected Obediah to read the whole thread if he had love of the bible and come to make sense out of it, but no, he said "he is lazy".

Well. If you can, then start all over with him but i dont think that is necessary.

What you are asking him are there for him already but he said he will not dig into it.

@Obediah777
see this:

"My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;

"If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and
"find the knowledge of God."" (Proverbs 2:1-5)

effort for this knowledge is expected of all.
Peace
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by truthislight: 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2012
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by truthislight: 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2012
plappville:

Even Christ said it when He was on earth, this bro obadiah777: is running faster than his shadow:

John 5:25 & 28 : 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. ( Who is the SON of GOD? Jesus of course. It is Jesus's voice that will raise the dead not Yahweh's.)

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

If we compare the two Bible texts above (1 Thessalonians 4:16 and John 5:25 & 28) we see one of the strongest cases plainly saying that Jesus is the "LORD" in these verses, not Yahweh Himself, no one will even say such.....SMH for prophet @obadiah777:

you people are taking Obediah too seriously, he has made a mistake which i belief when he comes around he will realise.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2012
obadiah777: BIG DIFFERENCE BRUV. BRUV, THE LORD HIMSELF SHALL DESCEND FROM HEAVEN IS REFERING TO GOD NOT CHRIST. THE LORD HIMSELF DESCENDS THROUGH PEOPLE. FOR EXAMPLE LOOK AT THIS VERSE

EZEKIEL 38 VS 18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face. <<< FUTURE PROPHESY WW3, WHEN GOG ( RUSSIA ) SHALL COME AGAINST THE LAND OF ISRAEL ( THE FAKE JEWS CLAIMING TO BE JEWS BUT ARE NOT ), THE FURY OF THE LORD WILL COME IN HIS FACE THROUGH THE RUSSIANS. THE LORD ACTUALLY COMES DOWN AND PHYSICALLY FIGHTS THESE WARS HIMSELF USING PEOPLE.

LETS SEE AN EXAMPLE OF THE LORD COMING DOWN TO FIGHT BATTLE ON EARTH THROUGH THE ARMY HE WANTS TO WIN

DANIEL 10 VS 20 And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come. <<< LORD JOINING THE RANKS WITH THE ANCIENT PERSIAN EMPIRE TO KICK THE BUTT OF THE ANCIENT BABYLONIAN EMPIRE. STUDY THIS VERSE WELL. ITS DANIEL CONVERSING WITH GOD NOT CHRIST. CHRIST HAD NOT COME TO EARTH THEN

THE LORD COME DOWN WITH THE SHOUT OF AN ARCHANGEL TO KICK BUTTS IN WAR TIMES. DURING THIS WW3 THE LORD WILL BE FIGHTING ON THE SIDE OF AHMEDINEJAD WHICH IS WHY IRAN WILL WIN. ITS BIBLICAL PROPHESY. IRAN WILL KICK AMERICAS BUTT. OF COURSE OTHER NATIONS WILL JOIN IN BUT THE IRANIAN CONGLOMERATE WILL PREVAIL.

Still can't see the difference -both say the Lord himself comes down. The context of 1Thess 4 clearly refers to The Lord Jesus.

In Exodus 15:3, clearly the LORD in caps is the substituted God's name Yahweh. Not that it changes anything. It shows Yahweh to be a warrior- and would wage war as required to achieve His will.

Daniel 10 shows Daniel seeing someone "like the appearance of a man" and which looks like "Son of man " Christ as described in Rev 1.

Dan 10:5-6
5 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz: 6 His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

Compare

Rev 1:13-15
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

No man can see God, so Daniel couldn't have been talking directly to God himself. Mostly likely it was Christ. And yes, Jesus preexisted before being born as a human.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by truthislight: 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
obadiah777: BIG DIFFERENCE BRUV. BRUV, THE LORD HIMSELF SHALL DESCEND FROM HEAVEN IS REFERING TO GOD NOT CHRIST. THE LORD HIMSELF DESCENDS THROUGH PEOPLE. FOR EXAMPLE LOOK AT THIS VERSE

ok guy, step down from what is making you high.

Who exactly does the title "lord" belongs to according to the bible?

Lets see:

"For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." (1 Corinthians 8:5-6).

So, my friend we know who the title lord belongs to, please dont be deceived.

Lord according to the bible officially belongs to Jesus christ.
Peace
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by free123: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
BARRISTERS: free123

[size=18pt]where art thou?[/size] are you evading this question? as usual?
ok see it again and i and others are wainting pls

@free123

can you kindly paste(dont comment yet) what you found in these verses below, [size=16pt]strictly using your KJV[/size]king james version (be honest about it)

Revelation 2:1,3:1,3:14 and 2:8

im waiting your for response!

ur blood is too hot. dont u know i gat other things to do outside nairaland?

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks.

i can only quote Rev 2:1
an instruction is given to John to write to the angel of the church of Ephesus that these things says the person that holds the seven stars...

i just dont know what u want.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
truthislight:

Who exactly does the title "lord" belongs to?

Lets see:

"For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." (1 Corinthians 8:5-6).

Peace .

It's the KJV rendering of Yahweh as LORD in caps that's confusing Obadiah777. The Divine Name King James Version could help him.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
plappville:

Thx Sis. Well put.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2012
truthislight:

lol.
guy, are you looking for frosbel to write that to?

Well, when frosbel comes around he will tell you "his own opinion".

Peace.
WHATEVER BRUV. THAT WAS MEANT FOR YOU smiley
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by BARRISTERS: 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
@plappvile
@truthislight

FUTURE PROPHESY WW3, WHEN GOG ( RUSSIA ) SHALL COME AGAINST THE LAND OF ISRAEL ( THE FAKE JEWS CLAIMING TO BE JEWS BUT ARE NOT ), THE FURY OF THE LORD WILL COME IN HIS FACE THROUGH THE RUSSIANS. THE LORD ACTUALLY COMES DOWN AND PHYSICALLY FIGHTS THESE WARS HIMSELF USING PEOPLE.

i dont even know where to start with these pls, im DYING WITH LAUGHTER, water coming out of my eyes, i cant believe these posts, pls tackle them ehn?

Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 18, 2012
plappville:

grin grin grin PLAPPVILLE YOUR HANDS ARE TOO SHORT TO BOX WITH SCRIPTURES. YOU DO KNOW THAT 'MICHEAL' IS HEBREW FOR 'GOD' RIGHT ? AND HEBREW IS WHAT WAS SPOKEN WHEN THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by free123: 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2012
Barristers

what do make of these verses
Rev 1:17-18; Rev 1:8, Jude 1:25
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2012
truthislight:

i had expected Obediah to read the whole thread if he had love of the bible and come to make sense out of it, but no, he said "he is lazy".

Well. If you can, then start all over with him but i dont think that is necessary.

What you are asking him are there for him already but he said he will not dig into it.

@Obediah777
see this:

"My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;

"If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and
"find the knowledge of God."" (Proverbs 2:1-5)

effort for this knowledge is expected of all.
Peace
HEY SCRIPTURE DO SAY ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 12 There is no end to the crafting of many books, and too much study wearies the body <<<<EVEN THE LORD SAY WE SHOULD NOT READ 30 PAGE THREADS grin grin
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2012
obadiah777: grin grin grin PLAPPVILLE YOUR HANDS ARE TOO SHORT TO BOX WITH SCRIPTURES. YOU DO KNOW THAT 'MICHEAL' IS HEBREW FOR 'GOD' RIGHT ? AND HEBREW IS WHAT WAS SPOKEN WHEN THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN

Michael means "Who is like God" and the name does not make the Archangel same as Yahweh, just as Immanuel meaning "God with us" does not make Jesus the same as Yahweh. You should focus on defending your ideas from the scriptures than on Plappville's "short hands" . She's strongly demonstrated a good knowledge and understanding of the scriptures.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Boomark(m): 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
BARRISTERS: @boomark

still waiting for your response on 'show a bible verse' and not your opinion that called angels public servants

again, can you pls add these alongside

1, who is satan ? is satan an angel?

2, how does satan came about having 'his own angels'

Hebrew 1:7
NWT
Also, with reference to the angels he says: "And he makes his angels spirits, and[b] his public servants a flame of fire.[/b]"

1 lucifer(satan) was a cherub, a perfect angel made by God.

2 when he rebelled against God, he deceived other angels who followed and serve him.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2012
TroGunn:

Still can't see the difference -both say the Lord himself comes down. The context of 1Thess 4 clearly refers to The Lord Jesus.

In Exodus 15:3, clearly the LORD in caps is the substituted God's name Yahweh. Not that it changes anything. It shows Yahweh to be a warrior- and would wage war as required to achieve His will.

Daniel 10 shows Daniel seeing someone "like the appearance of a man" and which looks like "Son of man " Christ as described in Rev 1.

Dan 10:5-6
5 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz: 6 His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

Compare

Rev 1:13-15
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

No man can see God, so Daniel couldn't have been talking directly to God himself. Mostly likely it was Christ. And yes, Jesus preexisted before being born as a human.
YOU ARE MIXING UP SCRIPTURES. THERE ARE SCRIPTURES WHERE IT IS SPEAKING ABOUT CHRIST AND THERE ARE ONES WHERE IT IS SPEAKING ABOUT GOD. THE REV 1 13 OBVIOUSLY IS TALKING ABOUT CHRIST. HOWEVER THE ONES I QUOTED PREVIOUSLY ARE TALKING ABOUT GOD. CHRIST IS NOT WHO YOU WORSHIP. ALL CHRIST IS, IS THE UNITER OF BOTH JEWS AND GENTILES AND HENCE THE UNITER OF THE WORLD. ITS GOD WHO APPEARS TO PEOPLE AND REVEALS HIMSELF. CHRIST IS JUST A SERVANT OF GOD JUST AS THE ISRAELITES WERE SERVANTS OF GOD. IN FACT SCRIPTURE SAYS THEY ARE JOINT HEIRS.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
truthislight:

Who exactly does the title "lord" belongs to according to the bible?

Lets see:

Peace
AS IT SAYS IN 1 CORINTHIANS 8 VS 5, THERE ARE MANY LORDS. SO YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE CONTEXT OF THE VERSE TO KNOW WHO TO APPLY IT TO 'LORD' IS A TITLE NOT A NAME. YOU DONT JUST LOOK AT THE WORD 'LORD' AND THEN ASSUME IT IS CHRIST OR GOD. YOU LOOK AT THE CONTEXT OF THE VERSE, WHICH YOU GUYS OBVIOUSLY ARE NOT DOING.

1 CORINTHIANS 8 VS 5 For though there be those called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) <<< MANY LORDS. YALL GOTTA STUDY THE VERSE FOR THE CONTEXT
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Boomark(m): 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
truthislight:

the word public servant is a reference to governmental authority that attend to the public.

The spirit creatures that attend to the public are Demons.

But angels are are messengers/ministers to Yahweh in the absolute sense of the word angels.

The twenty for elders are also ministering to Yahweh:

"The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying," (Revelation 4:10).
"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Revelation 4:11).

The act of judging making given to Jesus and the 24 elders is an assignment from Yahweh. :

"Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead." (Acts 17:31).

Revelation 20:4 King James Version (KJV) 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the
souls of them that were beheaded for the witness
of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had
not worshipped the beast, neither his image,
neither had received his mark upon their
foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

"Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations. And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel." (Luke 22:28-30).

This are all messengers / ministers of Yahweh.

Hebrew 1:7
NWT
Also, with reference to the angels he says: "And he makes his angels spirits, and[b] his public servants a flame of fire.[/b]"

This is from New Word Translation. Are they still demons?
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Boomark(m): 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2012
truthislight:

my friend comot for road, you are sounding confused.

Just look at the sense you made up there.

point out the nonsense i made.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2012
TroGunn:

It's the KJV rendering of Yahweh as LORD in caps that's confusing Obadiah777. The Divine Name King James Version could help him.
BRUV, LORD IS A TITLE NOT A NAME. THERE ARE MANY LORDS. YOU STUDY THE VERSE FOR THE CONTEXT OF USAGE

1 CORINTHIANS 8 VS 5 For though there be those called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) <<< MANY LORD ? ITS A TITLE NOT DESIGNATED SPECIFICALLY TO ANYONE. YOU GUYS ERR THINKING IT IS SOMEONES NAME OR ONE PERSONS SPECIFIC TITLE. ITS LIKE TRYING TO ARGUE THAT ONLY OBASANJO IS CALLED GENERAL. THATS PREPOSTEROUS
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2012
obadiah777: YOU ARE MIXING UP SCRIPTURES. THERE ARE SCRIPTURES WHERE IT IS SPEAKING ABOUT CHRIST AND THERE ARE ONES WHERE IT IS SPEAKING ABOUT GOD. THE REV 1 13 OBVIOUSLY IS TALKING ABOUT CHRIST. HOWEVER THE ONES I QUOTED PREVIOUSLY ARE TALKING ABOUT GOD. CHRIST IS NOT WHO YOU WORSHIP. ALL CHRIST IS, IS THE UNITER OF BOTH JEWS AND GENTILES AND HENCE THE UNITER OF THE WORLD. ITS GOD WHO APPEARS TO PEOPLE AND REVEALS HIMSELF. CHRIST IS JUST A SERVANT OF GOD JUST AS THE ISRAELITES WERE SERVANTS OF GOD. IN FACT SCRIPTURE SAYS THEY ARE JOINT HEIRS.

There's a lot you can learn from the context instead of just picking verses.

Context of 1 Thess 4 points to Christ being the Lord there, especially when compared to almost identical rendering in John 5:25 & 28 : 25.

Context of Daniel 10 you quoted points the identity of the Lord that Daniel referred to, especially when compared to almost identical description in Rev 1.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
BARRISTERS: @plappvile
@truthislight

i dont even know where to start with these pls, im DYING WITH LAUGHTER, water coming out of my eyes, i cant believe these posts, pls tackle them ehn?
YOU CANT TACKLE THE POST IS YOUR WAY OF SAYING YOU CANT HANDLE THE HEAT AND YOU ARE GETTING OUT OF THE KITCHEN. I SUGGEST YOU DO THAT. THE REAL CHEFS ARE IN TOWN. WE CAN TAKE THE HEAT. WE ARE SEASONED COOKS wink
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Boomark(m): 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2012
plappville:

Hahahahaha....boomark is saying there was two Gods in heaven oooo, So the Bible wouldn't have used "ANGEL OF THE LORD" The small god would have been inserted so we don't argue anymore. Bro boomark don fall my hand, To you, JESUS WAS NOT YAHWEH, WAS NOT THE ANGEL OF THE OT, BUT A small god. please provide scripture before i take that your dagger from you grin grin grin

1 Is the Father God?

2 Is Jesus God?

Answer these before we proceed. I just need to understand something. If you no get am well, them i will be forced to test my dagger. angry

grin
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2012
obadiah777: BRUV, LORD IS A TITLE NOT A NAME. THERE ARE MANY LORDS. YOU STUDY THE VERSE FOR THE CONTEXT OF USAGE

1 CORINTHIANS 8 VS 5 For though there be those called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) <<< MANY LORD ? ITS A TITLE NOT DESIGNATED SPECIFICALLY TO ANYONE. YOU GUYS ERR THINKING IT IS SOMEONES NAME OR ONE PERSONS SPECIFIC TITLE. ITS LIKE TRYING TO ARGUE THAT ONLY OBASANJO IS CALLED GENERAL. THATS PREPOSTEROUS

No one is arguing LORD is not a title - it's the title used to replace the name Yahweh in some Bibles like KJV. The original Hebrews rendering of the places your have LORD in caps in the KJV bore the actual name of God "Yahweh". It's the substitution of the Name to LORD that is part of the confusion you are having.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 18, 2012
TroGunn:

Michael means "Who is like God" and the name does not make the Archangel same as Yahweh, just as Immanuel meaning "God with us" does not make Jesus the same as Yahweh. You should focus on defending your ideas from the scriptures than on Plappville's "short hands" . She's strongly demonstrated a good knowledge and understanding of the scriptures.
BROTHER YOU NEED TO GET INTO THE ETYMOLOGY OF WORDS. THESE ARE THE SECRETS TO A LOT OF BIBLICAL SECRETS. THATS WHY YOU ERR. BEHIND THE NAMES ARE THE SECRETS. 'MICHEAL' MEANS 'WHO IS LIKE GOD'. THERE IS A REASON THE NAME WAS USED. BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE LIKE GOD. AND WHO WOULD HAVE A NAME LIKE THAT ? ONLY GOD. HE IS THE ARCHANGEL. THE HEAD OF ALL THE ANGELS. CANT YOU SEE THAT ? SCRIPTURE SAYS

PSALMS 78 VS 2 I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things <<<< BROTHER YOU BETTER LEARN HOW TO DECIPHER THE PARABLES OR HIDDEN THINGS OR ELSE LEAVE THE BIBLE ALONE BECAUSE YOU ARE BASTARDIZING IT IF YOU CANT GET PAST THE HIDDEN THINGS. THIS HERE IS FOR THE ELECT. CANT NO TOM DICK AND HARRY OPEN THE BIBLE AND UNDERSTAND IT. IT IS CODED IN HIDDEN WORDS. THE LORD GOTTA BE WORKING WITH YOU. YOUR SPIRIT HAS TO SYNC WITH THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE ( ROMANS 8 VS 16 ). YOU CANT BE USING YOUR CARNAL MIND TO TRY AND DECIPHER DEEZ WORDS undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (43) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.