Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,451 members, 7,911,106 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 03:13 AM

Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans (6666 Views)

If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Thekeeper(m): 10:12am On Dec 05, 2012
Its a question that has burdered me for quite some time now. .why didin't god destroy the human race and make do with his angels and other creation rather than regret ever creating them cos of evil. . .i was probably thnkin he doesn't have the power to do that. .just thinking
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 05, 2012
Yeah it is funny when u think about it.
God who sees the future saw that he would create a race who would get tempted by satan, commit all sort of evil, and who he would regret creating multiple times.

Yet he still goes on to create them, allows the devil tempt them, punishes them for something he could have prevented, and later regrets creating beings he knew he would regret creating?

He sure would make a good business man.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 05, 2012
The idea of an omniscient being having any regrets is absurd. bed time story for kids.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by don33310(m): 11:10am On Dec 05, 2012
The_keeper: Its a question that has burdered me for quite some time now. .why didin't god destroy the human race and make do with his angels and other creation rather than regret ever creating them cos of evil. . .i was probably thnkin he doesn't have the power to do that. .just thinking
The bible God does not have the power to see the future
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Ubenedictus(m): 11:38am On Dec 05, 2012
inurmind: Yeah it is funny when u think about it.
God who sees the future saw that he would create a race who would get tempted by satan, commit all sort of evil, and who he would regret creating multiple times.

Yet he still goes on to create them, allows the devil tempt them, punishes them for something he could have prevented, and later regrets creating beings he knew he would regret creating?

He sure would make a good business man.
it is called "freewill" God wanted free creatures, it is man's work to chose his master!
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: it is called "freewill" God wanted free creatures, it is man's work to chose his master!

But why did God regret? Could he not see what his false freewill will do?
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Ubenedictus(m): 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Logicboy03: But why did God regret? Could he not see what his false freewill will do?
be careful wen u interprete scriptures! That he regreted doesn't imply he didnt know.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: be careful wen u interprete scriptures! That he regreted doesn't imply he didnt know.

If he knew, why would he regret?

Your god is sounding schizophrenic

2 Likes

Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by saintvc(m): 12:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
He trustd man totaly. Man fucckd up totaly
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: it is called "freewill" God wanted free creatures, it is man's work to chose his master!

Freewill has nothing to do with this. The main thing is that he saw evil and unneccessary suffering coming but he still went after it. I say unneccessary becos a loving and wise being would try his best to prevent evil from taking place.

If u see a raging fire ahead of u would u still follow that path?

It seems ur god was interested in watching some entertaining drama series from earth.
Being around nothing but darkness must have been really boring for him.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
saintvc: He trustd man totaly. Man fucckd up totaly

I can't imagine seeing the future, being a hundred percent sure that saintvc would betray me by selling off my car, and still foolishly trust him with it.Only for him to sell it off and I start regretting.
It makes absolutely no sense.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by AtheistD(m): 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
^^^^

It makes perfect sense.

God saw it and had no means to change the future.

Hence God is omnipotent and also impotent wink
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
^^^
Oh now I seecheesy
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Lasinoh: 11:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
Too UGLY inside and out!
In his own image and likeness! kiss
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Ubenedictus(m): 11:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
inurmind:

Freewill has nothing to do with this. The main thing is that he saw evil and unneccessary suffering coming but he still went after it. I say unneccessary becos a loving and wise being would try his best to prevent evil from taking place.

If u see a raging fire ahead of u would u still follow that path?

It seems ur god was interested in watching some entertaining drama series from earth.
Being around nothing but darkness must have been really boring for him.
so u mean God shuld have remote controlled man to make sure man didnt sin? Sorry even God i believe has his own principles.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Ubenedictus(m): 11:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
Atheist:-D:
^^^^

It makes perfect sense.

God saw it and had no means to change the future.
u may be closer to d truth than u know.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Ubenedictus(m): 11:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
inurmind:

I can't imagine seeing the future, being a hundred percent sure that saintvc would betray me by selling off my car, and still foolishly trust him with it.Only for him to sell it off and I start regretting.
It makes absolutely no sense.
if u dash (give generously) saintvc ur car, it would be wrong to force him to not to use d car because u know he may crash wit it.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by plaetton: 12:41am On Dec 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: if u dash (give generously) saintvc ur car, it would be wrong to force him to not to use d car because u know he may crash wit it.

If you dash a car to your young child, you should be able to know whether that child would use the car responsibly or not. That's where your judgement as a good parent should come in. If your child uses the car responsibly, you be proud and would eagerly take the credit for raising a good child. But if , on the other hand,your child uses the car to kill or main himself and others,then you , the parent would be blamed for not only raising an irresponsible child , but also for your poor judgement in giving him what was a potentially dangerous tool without adequate supervision.

So if God regretted creating man, it means that he had come to terms with his error and bad judgement.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 06, 2012
don33310: The bible God does not have the power to see the future

Exactly. He didn't even have the power to see 'Adam' hiding in the bush. (''Adam where art thou''?)

Why?

Because the 'God' of the bible IS NOT GOD. Perhaps some advanced being or powerful alien potentate with significantly advanced technology.

BUT NOT GOD.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by AtheistD(m): 5:04am On Dec 06, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Exactly. He didn't even have the power to see 'Adam' hiding in the bush. (''Adam where art thou''?)

Why?

Because the 'God' of the bible IS NOT GOD. Perhaps some advanced being or powerful alien potentate with significantly advanced technology.

BUT NOT GOD.

Or maybe God does not exist and all of this is just fairytales. cool
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 5:09am On Dec 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: so u mean God shuld have remote controlled man to make sure man didnt sin? Sorry even God i believe has his own principles.

We are talking of two different things and u know it.
This is not aout him controlling anybody but about him preventing evil.
If god saw so much evil ahead of some things, like the devil's temptation then why did he not prevent the devil from tempting eve. Mind u he is not controlling anybody, just protecting them.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: if u dash (give generously) saintvc ur car, it would be wrong to force him to not to use d car because u know he may crash wit it.

Mehn u christians can be so annoying. I'm talking about point A then u start defending point B.
If u have no answer then just be silent.

If he knew saintvc would crash, probably retaining severe injuries, he would not give him the car at all.
It makes no diff whether its given or borrowed. The main point is that u saw evil approaching, u went ahead and allowed it come, and then u start regretting something u could have easily prevented and whch u knew u would regret.

What a crazy investor ur god is.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by AtheistD(m): 5:22am On Dec 06, 2012
inurmind:

Mehn u christians can be so annoying. I'm talking about point A then u start defening point B.
If u have no answer then just be silent.

If he knew saintvc would crash, probably retaing severe injuries, he would not give him the car at all.
It makes no diff whether its given or borrowed. The main point is that u saw evil approaching, u went ahead and allowed it come, and then u start regretting something u could have easily prevented and whch u knew u would regret.

What a crazy investor ur god is.

Cant God go back in time and change things? Why does He have to regret? Things just dont add up.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by manmustwac(m): 10:13am On Dec 06, 2012
The_keeper: Its a question that has burdered me for quite some time now. .why didin't god destroy the human race and make do with his angels and other creation rather than regret ever creating them cos of evil. . .i was probably thnkin he doesn't have the power to do that. .just thinking
Human beings were destined to commit sin right from the start. Think about it. Human beings have to kill animals to eat in order to survive. Even animalskill other animals for the same reason. (Yes o man must wack). So its a lose lose situation
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 06, 2012
YOU HEATHENS NEED TO LEAVE THE SCRIPTURES ALONE. IT IS NOT FOR THE UNDERSTANDING OF HEATHENS. HEATHENS CANT SEE PAST THE 'LITERAL' undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Ubenedictus(m): 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
inurmind:

We are talking of two different things and u know it.
This is not aout him controlling anybody but about him preventing evil.
If god saw so much evil ahead of some things, like the devil's temptation then why did he not prevent the devil from tempting eve. Mind u he is not controlling anybody, just protecting them.
how is he to prevent d devil without controlling d devil? How is he to stop d fall of eve without controlling eve. The fact that d factor in play are free willed mean God isn't suppose to control them.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
obadiah777: YOU HEATHENS NEED TO LEAVE THE SCRIPTURES ALONE. IT IS NOT FOR THE UNDERSTANDING OF HEATHENS. HEATHENS CANT SEE PAST THE 'LITERAL' undecided

Then why did god create heathens?

Yaweh is a real confused douchebag

2 Likes

Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: how is he to prevent d devil without controlling d devil? How is he to stop d fall of eve without controlling eve. The fact that d factor in play are free willed mean God isn't suppose to control them.

Why should he create the devil in the first place?

Do you manufacture a TV to wash plates?
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 06, 2012
obadiah777: YOU HEATHENS NEED TO LEAVE THE SCRIPTURES ALONE. IT IS NOT FOR THE UNDERSTANDING OF HEATHENS. HEATHENS CANT SEE PAST THE 'LITERAL' undecided

Good job @obads. Ur fellow christian is confused and humbly asks a question and the first thing u do is insult him?
Even atheists didn't do that.

Good job I say.
U are being a good ambassador of christ.
Good job.
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
Logicboy03:

Then why did god create heathens?

Yaweh is a real confused douchebag
HE CREATED HEATHENS TO BE USED AS HIS SWORD AGAINST THE NEGROS ( ISRAEL). HOWEVER AFTER THEIR MISSION WAS ACCOMPLISHED HE OFFERED THEM A CHANCE AT SALVATION. THE IRONY OF THIS WHOLE THING IS THAT SOME NEGROS ( WHO ARE NATURALLY GODLY PEOPLE ) HAVE BECOME MORE UNGODLY THAN THE HEATHENS ( WHO ARE NATURALLY UNGODLY PEOPLE ). YOU WILL BE IN THE CATEGORY OF GODLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE BECOME MORE UNGODLY THAN THE UNGODLY.

EZEKIEL 5 VS 6 But she has rebelled against My ordinances more wickedly than the nations and against My statutes more than the lands which surround her; for they have rejected My ordinances and have not walked in My statutes.' <<< YOU HAVE BECOME MORE UNGODLY THAN THE HEATHENS MAKING YOU A SUPER-HEATHEN
Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
obadiah777: HE CREATED HEATHENS TO BE USED AS HIS SWORD AGAINST THE NEGROS ( ISRAEL). HOWEVER AFTER THEIR MISSION WAS ACCOMPLISHED HE OFFERED THEM A CHANCE AT SALVATION. THE IRONY OF THIS WHOLE THING IS THAT SOME NEGROS ( WHO ARE NATURALLY GODLY PEOPLE ) HAVE BECOME MORE UNGODLY THAN THE HEATHENS ( WHO ARE NATURALLY UNGODLY PEOPLE ). YOU WILL BE IN THE CATEGORY OF GODLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE BECOME MORE UNGODLY THAN THE UNGODLY.

EZEKIEL 5 VS 6 But she has rebelled against My ordinances more wickedly than the nations and against My statutes more than the lands which surround her; for they have rejected My ordinances and have not walked in My statutes.' <<< YOU HAVE BECOME MORE UNGODLY THAN THE HEATHENS MAKING YOU A SUPER-HEATHEN

Ah, you finished those two wraps of igbo without me?

Smoke away

2 Likes

Re: Why Did GOD Regret Creating Humans by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
inurmind:

Good job @obads. Ur fellow christian is confused and humbly asks a question and the first thing u do is insult him?
Even atheists didn't do that.

Good job I say.
U are being a good ambassador of christ.
Good job.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHO I WAS REFERRING TO. I DID NOT QUOTE ANYONE undecided ACTUALLY I DID LOL. AND HOW DO YOU KNOW HE IS A CHRISTIAN ? BECAUSE HE SAID SO ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sister Linder's Confession About Heaven And Fake Pastors True Or False? / How Noah Carried 2 Whales? / The Fastest Growing Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.