Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,182 members, 7,887,433 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:50 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11179633 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (7878) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princemolak(m): 9:27am On Jul 23, 2014
Pls Sis Mercy and other BNsitl, when is the qualification date for Continsu, Google is not helping at all
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Joysmart(f): 9:28am On Jul 23, 2014
Michael11stock: @ Joysmart let us do our own lovy lovy hope u got bigass like madam b shocked
well this ass is flat and bumpy unfortunately
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 9:29am On Jul 23, 2014
Personally, I love the sense of humor of 2 folks here: hbrednic(I said this before) and ayztech (just dat she gets angry at distractions). Oga 9free sef dey.

That said, Dexterax, we need not lock horns over ayz. I can bet she will be worth the brawl, but Oga Dumex has a way of making her melt. You may broker your deal with Dragonking.

Joysmart: sad

Meanwhile, Ukwuamu was implicit on Okomu and it game dat our commodity analyst grin played along.

I love observing the markets....and the weeks to come will reveal what I will do with cash inflows. #wave3inwave5

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 9:36am On Jul 23, 2014
passwelle: Hohoho me thinks @Joysmart has the hots for @UkwuAmu, but heh, what do I know?
you know whether me be Amu kanda

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 9:36am On Jul 23, 2014
@Moneysage

U be my guy and the babe don make her choice. No sweat bruv. As for Dumexy Baba, in fact!

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:37am On Jul 23, 2014
princemolak: Pls Sis Mercy and other BNsitl, when is the qualification date for Continsu, Google is not helping at all
4th-8th Aug
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/6589_CONTINENTAL_RE_INS_CORP_ACTION_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JULY_2014.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 9:38am On Jul 23, 2014
Joysmart: well this ass is flat and bumpy unfortunately
Really bumpy? i love them too heeeeeey i found my Juliet here shocked shocked shocked No worry Oando go do am ok dear, hope cold no dey catch you too much where u dey? tongue cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 9:40am On Jul 23, 2014
Apparently babes don turn to stocks...

Oya naa...Make we dey bid up the 'asset' prices!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 9:46am On Jul 23, 2014
All these your 'runs' are not funny when I have been seeing blood in my portfolio since three days running angry angry undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 9:51am On Jul 23, 2014
presiade: All these your 'runs' are not funny when I have been seeing blood in my portfolio since three days running angry angry undecided
grin me too one of my portfolio dey red but wetin man go do, as they say, their is light at the end of the tunnel grin grin abi na at the tunnel of the end Wetin i know self embarassed embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 9:54am On Jul 23, 2014
Analysts Forecast Single Digit Growth for Banks

As investors and stakeholders in the Nigerian capital market await second quarter results of banks, some analysts in the financial sector have predicted a single digit growth for some banks.

In a preview of Q2 2014 results, analysts at FBN Capital said they expect some banks to show significant quarter on quarte(q/q) growth in earnings.
They particularly cited Skye Bank Plc and Fidelity Bank Plc, stressing, however, that these growth rates are to be affected by weak first quarter (Q1) results.

“Q1 2014 results showed that our universe of Nigerian banks reported an average Return on average equity (ROAE) of 17.7 per cent compared with full year 2013 ROAE of 18.5 per cent. We expect the banks to report a similar ROAE for full year 2014 as they did in 2013. As such, we believe Q2 will see slight improvements over Q1.

“Notwithstanding, we expect the market’s reaction to be muted to slightly positive, given that our full year expectation for ROAE is flattish year on year(y/y).”

According to them, besides revenue growth, they believe an easing of operating expenditure(Opex) in Q2 for certain banks (United Bank for Africa for instance), will also help Q2 earnings growth.

“Q1 opex can be unusually high as we saw this year (over and above year-end effects such as AMCON levy, NDIC premium) because of over-accruing. With regards to their full year guidance, we expect the banks to reaffirm what they guided to after their Q4 2013 or Q1 2014 results. Loan growth is likely to be in the range of 15-20 per cent for most of our banks.

Even as concerns of a slowdown in H2 for loan growth increase, we believe lending opportunities are generally greater than they have been in the past such that banks will be able to meet their guidance, “they stated.

The analysts pointed out that so far, it appears that the recent change of guard at the central bank is unlikely to lead to a worsening regulatory environment.

They, however, stated that the changes put into motion by the previous governor are still being felt by the banks.

“As such, offsetting this positive outlook for risk asset growth is the continuing impact of these regulatory headwinds which will most likely be visible till at least 2016. Our preference going into the Q2 reporting season are those banks which have visible earnings momentum such as Access (rated outperform) and Stanbic IBTC Plc(rated neutral); and UBA Plc (rated outperform) on valuation grounds and the potential for putting its excess liquidity to work.

“Although we also like Diamond Bank Plc (rated outperform) and expect its Q2 results to be healthy, we would advise investors to wait until the rights issue is concluded towards the end of Q3 start of Q4 before entering the name,” they added.

Results: Analysts Forecast Single Digit Growth for Banks

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/q2-results-analysts-forecast-single-digit-growth-for-banks/184275/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 10:18am On Jul 23, 2014
E b like nairaland get virus again

Why am I in Romance section? I clicked investment angry

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:21am On Jul 23, 2014
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:25am On Jul 23, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 10:26am On Jul 23, 2014
bigx: E b like nairaland get virus again

Why am I in Romance section? I clicked investment angry
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2014
It seems inconceivable that Forte Oil could be trading at Seplat’s price by FY 2014...This stock might just do a 150% flip!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2014
mercylicious: U ppl are doing pm things, ok naa.

Officially, its now Dexter vs hotcake, bigass vs dragonking.

@ukwuamu, seriously, I don't know ur name and bigass which one worse pass.
@house, amu means ppeniiss. Ukwuamu means base of peni-is. It is literily used for sumtin dt is strong.

Did u guys notice dt oando is attemppting to fall. I will load more 2moro.

As for forte oil, I don't think d result was good, I feel dt was why d price fell b4 they hurridly suspended trade to do agm. Insider trading things.

Forte oil result according to what i heard was great and the reason why it fell was to allow some cowboys enter at a discount b4 suspending trade. Also note that forte oil is not the first coy to do this as nestle did exactly the same thing last week. I posted that of nestle in the previous page.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 10:44am On Jul 23, 2014
Dexterax: It seems inconceivable that Forte Oil could be trading at Seplat’s price by FY 2014...This stock might just do a 150% flip!

If only people had an idea of what forte oil are planning some may dump oando fo FO but the risk is high because of d price and unavailability of the stock.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 10:47am On Jul 23, 2014
Please where can I see live price?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princemolak(m): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2014
Diamond Bank on the Move this morning, any news about this Stock?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2014
Dragonking:

If only people had an idea of what forte oil are planning some may dump oando fo FO but the risk is high because of d price and unavailability of the stock.

How many units of this company are u willing to give up for 100k units of Oando?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:50am On Jul 23, 2014
and Fidelity seems to be on full bid this morning. 10m plus bids with less than 1.5m offers. Please anyone have an idea as to what is going on here?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:51am On Jul 23, 2014
Josh121: Please where can I see live price?
Open an account with any of the brokers with realtime trading. Bloomberg has a 20 minute lagtime.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:54am On Jul 23, 2014
Dexterax:

How many units of this company are u willing to give up for 100k units of Oando?

I'll get my hands on this company's shares, one way or the other.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:57am On Jul 23, 2014
passwelle: and Fidelity seems to be on full bid this morning. 10m plus bids with less than 1.5m offers. Please anyone have an idea as to what is going on here?

Nothing is gonna happen here... I don't expect any magic from these guys.. I suspect some pumping and then dumping as soon as a useless result is brought out as usual..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:59am On Jul 23, 2014
Oando open with 26.65, Transcorp 5.65, and Eterna 4.09.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:09am On Jul 23, 2014
@feelamong: thanks. Please how can I get my hands on the best selling book "How to beat Naija Cowboys"?
@Dexterax: Pls release some of your Wapic, its on full bid with 6.5m bids and no offers biko
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 11:10am On Jul 23, 2014
passwelle: @feelamong: thanks. Please how can I get my hands on the best selling book "How to beat Naija Cowboys"?
@Dexterax: Pls release some of your Wapic, its on full bid with 6.5m bids and no offers biko

What is happen with transcorp and oando ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 11:16am On Jul 23, 2014
Dexterax:

I'll get my hands on this company's shares, one way or the other.

My eyes dey on the look out to buy more forte oil..imagine how much some people will make after they bought at N89 this year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:17am On Jul 23, 2014
Dragonking:

I'd like to see the dumb fund managers who are liquidating their FO positions and moving into FGN bonds...If there's any!

Now that's an illiquid, mid-cap/blue-chip stock.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2014
Dragonking:

My eyes dey on the look out to buy more forte oil..imagine how much some people will make after they bought at N89 this year.

sebi na you no want make FO fall reach our side abi?

God dey o!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2014
grin

@house, amu means ppeniiss. Ukwuamu means base of peni-is. It is literily used for sumtin dt is strong.

As for forte oil, I don't think d result was good, I feel dt was why d price fell b4 they hurridly suspended trade to do agm. Insider trading things.
Toluway vs Mercilicious grin

Toluway vs Mercilicious

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (7878) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sexybeautiful, MrDiligence, emmasoft(m), faoogoke(m), dapix, Harddiskng(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.