Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,097 members, 7,987,864 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 06:39 PM

Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? (29108 Views)

The Unspoken Truth: Why Women Hate Each Other So Damn Much / Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by slimyem: 11:17am On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju: So because you have a job and contribute to the household funds, you and your husband are now mates abi?! angry
Are you saying my husband isn't supposed to be my mate?
He isn't also supposed to be my friend and companion?
What's he supposed to be then?
My god?

Thats why you wont cook or clean the house abi?!

Thats why you cant run him a bath or do his laundry?!

Of course i can do all of that but what stops him from running his own bath while i do the cooking?
What are his hands for?
Flipping channels on tv while i slave round the house for him after having an equally stressfull day trying to support the family?

What kind of life is this sef?!
You can't have it all man.
You want an 100 percent traditional woman,go to your village!
You want a middle point,make compromises and adjust!
Simple!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:23am On Jan 07, 2013
afam4eva:
Pounding yam is even a worst case scenario but it's just a pointer to how ladies will look the other way cos African culture does not benefit them.

You've said it: "the African culture does not benefit them(women)". It's not just African culture alone, I think it is all cultures from Indian to Arabian culture, women have been treated like second class citizens.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 07, 2013
Why should I pound yam to show my husband that I Am "submissive"? If i break my "back" in the process what will I tell the A&E doctor when I go there? Which kain adult abuse is that one? undecided so the people that make the powder form of poundo for easy turning are stoopid abi? Oh yes they are.

If you want pounded yam please find yourself a pestle and mortar and pound away, do not involve me, I repeat, do not involve me

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:25am On Jan 07, 2013
Vikin:

The reason most men are here talking about tradition and all, it's because it really favour's them.

Bingo!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2013
afam4eva:
But you see, our mothers and grandmother never complained about doing these things. Girls of nowadays are just lazy.

They never complained because their eyes never opened then. They were brought up with the mindset that a woman's worth is ending up with a man and doing all to please him whether she's okay with it or not.

In those days, women never had a voice; they were only to be seen and not heard.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:29am On Jan 07, 2013
jennykadry: Why should I pound yam to show my husband that I Am "submissive"? If i break my "back" in the process what will I tell the A&E doctor when I go there? Which kain adult abuse is that one? undecided so the people that make the powder form of poundo for easy turning are stoopid abi? Oh yes they are.

POUNDO!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

[size=18pt]TUFIAKWA.... [/size]

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:37am On Jan 07, 2013
slimyem: Are you saying my husband isn't supposed to be my mate?
He isn't also supposed to be my friend and companion?
What's he supposed to be then?
My god?
Of course i can do all of that but what stops him from running his own bath while i do the cooking?
What are his hands for?
Flipping channels on tv while i slave round the house for him after having an equally stressfull day trying to support the family?

What kind of life is this sef?![/b]You can't have it all man.
You want an 100 percent traditional woman,go to your village!
You want a middle point,make compromises and adjust!
Simple!

Your husband is not your mate...

Because say ehn dey follow you play no mean say una be mate.. Infact, open your bible with me to the book of I Corrinthian 11: 3 'Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. refer..

He may be your companion, but God has given you duties that you are OBLIGATED to perform towards your man.. Now the decision for you not to do these duties rest solely with your husbands and not with you women. I see so many single girls talking shiit about not being slaves to any man. FRIST MISTAKE is that they already consider these tasks a slave labor, which is what we men have a problem with. You women want a man that will provide everything for you (as the bread winner), yet you dont want to perform your own duties.. This has nothing to do with being an Mgbeke.

We men have really suffered..

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by slimyem: 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

Because say ehn dey follow you play no mean say una be mate.. Infact, open your bible with me to the book of I Corrinthian 11: 3 'Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. refer..

He may be your companion, but God has given you duties that you are OBLIGATED to perform towards your man.. Now the decision for you not to do these duties rest solely with your husbands and not with you women. I see so many single girls talking shiit about not being slaves to any man. FRIST MISTAKE is that they already consider these tasks a slave labor, which is what we men have a problem with. You women want a man that will provide everything for you (as the bread winner), yet you dont want to perform your own duties.. This has nothing to do with being an Mgbeke.

Why quote the bible?
Did i tell you i am a christian living or bound by those ordinances?
Are slaves not excessively dependent upon and/or controlled by their masters?
Isn't that the same principles traditionalism is governed by in respect to male and female relationships?
So sir,classifying all the expectations from a traditional wife as slave labour is no mistake at all IMO.
...and you say you men have suffered? How in this case?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by lolaluv1(f): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Na wa oh! How many times will Nairaland moderators ban you? From Blazay to Calloti(or is it Callota, that wicked woman in el nombre del amor) to Jellita to Gambrosia.

Moderators, you've got someone who's ready for you guys.

Na today? E don tay!

Don't forget there were other names like 'Militia', 'Almond Joy', 'BootyOnMe', 'Chintua' and I think Baby something.

The woman is fascinating and she has a distinctive way of writing that immediately you come across any of her writings, you know she's the one. Lol.
Seun knows her. They've been on the issue for years so leave matter for Matthias!
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
jennykadry: Why should I pound yam to show my husband that I Am "submissive"? If i break my "back" in the process what will I tell the A&E doctor when I go there? Which kain adult abuse is that one? undecided so the people that make the powder form of poundo for easy turning are stoopid abi? Oh yes they are.

If you want pounded yam please find yourself a pestle and mortar and pound away, do not involve me, I repeat, do not involve me
in igbo tradition,pounding of yam is a male job.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
centje: in igbo tradition,pounding of yam is a male job.

You must be from Imo State... angry
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]AFAM!! Tradition is dead....

Lets be honest men, the number of girls that still carry our core traditional values have diminished quite alot. This 'women ;iberation/empowerment' has made girls with traditional values an endangered specie. Sending our daughters abroad to school thereby exposing them to the western culture and way of life hasnt helped matters either. It has even eaten into the way marriages are contracted. Whats left is for girls to wear (western) wedding gowns for their traditional weddings.

All our ladies today want to do is simply go shopping, look fly, do their hair and nails, fly first class to fancy destinations and party. Simply put, they all want to be beyonce.. You can date a girl for 5 years and in those 5 years, she will barely talk about raising up kids and how she intends to raise them. Ask for what they call cooking today, my brother it is pitiful. Thats why Househelps and Nannys now have companies that they work for. I visited my friend who is a newly wed and they already had a live in househelp (Barely 4 months into the marriage). I broke up with many dames because I realized that beyond the fake hair, tight jeans and push-up bras, they had absolutely nothing else to offer. A girl sleeps and wakes up and the next thing she is sitting in the living room watching DSTV. By 7:30am, whilst I am busy prepping to go to work. Couldnt even make simple coffee for me or straighten the bed. I am very traditional. I want a woman that can cook, clean my house, handle certain small household business like restock the shelves, restock my toileteries, re-stock my fridge, iron clothes e.t.c. Even if I say okay babe, dont stress yourself about XYZ, its important to know that she can do them.. Most of our girls want to live the Kim Kardashian lifestyle.

Well, while I am lashing out at the women, I will also blame the guys.. Traditional girls still abound. They just dont always come in the most fanciest of wrappings. being a slut sells better and faster than being a lady. So most girls have also stopped looking for traditional men and now want the magazine cover guys. 21st century compliant guys.

Meanwhile.. I learnt of a Lady who started dating this guy. That as soon as she came into his life, she started acting like a wife. She would pick out his clothes, buy and replace his socks (if they are torn), replace his underwears and boxers (Stuff that most guys tend to always forget to do), cook meals for him to come back from work to, bring him surprise (home cooked) lunch at work, buy and replace things like toilet rolls, bathing sponge and soap, deodorant, perfumes, e.t.c whilst keeping his house clean. When the guy gave her a key to his flat, he didnt know.. They were married after barely a year of courting. The guy became so dependent of her it was almost like she had used juju on him. MEANWHILE.. This babe schooled in Jand o!! MSc. holder.

I guess it is what it is.. I cannot date a girl with no traditional values for any reason other than sex.. Thank God I found one of the last few good girls in Nigeria for my wife... [/b]
as much as i like living the good life,globe trotting,partying,going for red carpet events and looking good.i can boast of myself that i am a modern day nigerian lady in her mid twenties and i am not in anyway domestically lazy.cooking is a hobby for me,washing clothes and dishes is another thing i enjoy doing.no matter how piled up the clothes are,just give me an hour,a stool,buckets and water,it will be washed and spread in the wire.thanks to my mom she always made us do house chores till i fell in love with them,the problem is that when you are doing this consisty for a guy you are dating,they start taking you for granted,at the end of the day sef you might not get married.i remember when i was an undergraduate some years back i was in four hundred level then use to go to my boyfriends house many weekends.i will wash his dishes,cook and leave them in his freezer,clean his house if need be.i was so much in love with this guy and all.if he had money he sends,if not he doesnt and i accepted since i knew the kind of work he does and one fateful day he called me that he had found a better job,i was so happy for him,we went out to a fastfood restaurant to celebrate,infact my parents knew him and he comes to check on me and all.anyway some months later he called me over the phone that he's sorry he cant continue the relationship,i said did i upset you or something,he said no,he said look,all i want you to know is that i cant continue with the relationship,i'm getting married 2 months time.i didnt know when the phone slipped out of my hands.i was heart broken and after some time,i got over it and moved on.when i told my mom,she was like ehen you too dont cook and clean for him.if you go to his house and he says he is hungry,be looking at him or tell him to go to the eatery.if his house is
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
kulyie: as much as i like living the good life,globe trotting,partying,going for red carpet events and looking good.i can boast of myself that i am a modern day nigerian lady in her mid twenties and i am not in anyway domestically lazy.cooking is a hobby for me,washing clothes and dishes is another thing i enjoy doing.no matter how piled up the clothes are,just give me an hour,a stool,buckets and water,it will be washed and spread in the wire.thanks to my mom she always made us do house chores till i fell in love with them,the problem is that when you are doing this consisty for a guy you are dating,they start taking you for granted,at the end of the day sef you might not get married.i remember when i was an undergraduate some years back i was in four hundred level then use to go to my boyfriends house many weekends.i will wash his dishes,cook and leave them in his freezer,clean his house if need be.i was so much in love with this guy and all.if he had money he sends,if not he doesnt and i accepted since i knew the kind of work he does and one fateful day he called me that he had found a better job,i was so happy for him,we went out to a fastfood restaurant to celebrate,infact my parents knew him and he comes to check on me and all.anyway some months later he called me over the phone that he's sorry he cant continue the relationship,i said did i upset you or something,he said no,he said look,all i want you to know is that i cant continue with the relationship,i'm getting married 2 months time.i didnt know when the phone slipped out of my hands.i was heart broken and after some time,i got over it and moved on.when i told my mom,she was like ehen you too dont cook and clean for him.if you go to his house and he says he is hungry,be looking at him or tell him to go to the eatery.if his house is

CHAI!!!

Sorry O!!

But you sef for shine your eye na.. By now una babes suppose don sabi guys wey serious and guys wey no serious.. The part of your post I love the most is where it reads 'I am not lazy to house chores..'. The important thing here is that you can do them and do them well..

I'm happy you finally met a guy that appreciates all your good home training and domestication. I pwish you well in your marriage.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
If his house is dirty,leave it like that.however,if he comes to your place you can cook for him.so long as you people have done introduction or he hasnt paid your bride price,you dont owe him anything to clean his house or cook for him.so the point is that there are some ladies that are actually domesticated but for previous experiences,they wont do that.i am not in any relationship at the moment but if i am and i go to my boyfriends house and i meet it upside down,that is how i will leave it,if he says he is hungry,ill say lets go to the eatery.its not about other people paying for the sins of others,its by being wise.if he comes to my house,he will find out himself i can cook but will deliberatly not cook

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
kulyie: as much as i like living the good life,globe trotting,partying,going for red carpet events and looking good.i can boast of myself that i am a modern day nigerian lady in her mid twenties and i am not in anyway domestically lazy.cooking is a hobby for me,washing clothes and dishes is another thing i enjoy doing.no matter how piled up the clothes are,just give me an hour,a stool,buckets and water,it will be washed and spread in the wire.thanks to my mom she always made us do house chores till i fell in love with them,the problem is that when you are doing this consisty for a guy you are dating,they start taking you for granted,at the end of the day sef you might not get married.i remember when i was an undergraduate some years back i was in four hundred level then use to go to my boyfriends house many weekends.i will wash his dishes,cook and leave them in his freezer,clean his house if need be.i was so much in love with this guy and all.if he had money he sends,if not he doesnt and i accepted since i knew the kind of work he does and one fateful day he called me that he had found a better job,i was so happy for him,we went out to a fastfood restaurant to celebrate,infact my parents knew him and he comes to check on me and all.anyway some months later he called me over the phone that he's sorry he cant continue the relationship,i said did i upset you or something,he said no,he said look,all i want you to know is that i cant continue with the relationship,i'm getting married 2 months time.i didnt know when the phone slipped out of my hands.i was heart broken and after some time,i got over it and moved on.when i told my mom,she was like ehen you too dont cook and clean for him.if you go to his house and he says he is hungry,be looking at him or tell him to go to the eatery.if his house is

Hmmm, my dear, you go soon tire.running your home is not same as working from your parents or boyfriend house. That one hr I will sit to wash clothes, I punch my PC, make some cash for washing machine...you know the rest. All you have to do is throw in you clothes, put some soap...there you go! You watch ur series while the machine wash the tin for you. Why u think say I go school?

Technology has made something's easier, you just have to flow with the wind.

Open ya eyes, those things are necessary to learn but not always applicable. Know where you use ya skills. Na girls like you I dey chop their food when I visit some guys back in those days. When we chop finish, na she go come wash plate.

Just remain good but keep your head up so some Men don't take advantage of you!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

men and women are equal in the sight of God,there's nothing like your man is your head,thats nonesense,we are complementary partners.its a matter of do me i do you,scratch my back,i scratch yours

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
Vikin:

Hmmm, my dear, you go soon tire.running your home is not same as working from your parents or boyfriend house. That one hr I will sit to wash clothes, I punch my PC, make some cash for washing machine...you know the rest. All you have to do is throw in you clothes, put some soap...there you go! You watch ur series while the machine wash the tin for you. Why u think say I go school?

Technology has made something's easier, you just have to flow with the wind.

Open ya eyes, those things are necessary to learn but not always applicable. Know where you use ya skills. Na girls like you I dey chop their food when I visit some guys back in those days. When we chop finish, na she go come wash plate.

Just remain good but keep your head up so some Men don't take advantage of you!
lol,i be good girl,but i dont take nonesense.the time i said i was cooking in his house was d first and last time.my mom bought washing machine and put in front of the bathroom but she doesnt let anyone in the house use it,now she has freed the thing but maybe because i'm used to washing,ill rather wash than put clothes inside the washing machine,however if am married i might likely buy washing machine to save time and attend to other things.however the point i was trying to make in my earlier post is that no matter how domesticated a girl is,even if she goes to a guys house,she wont do it.then as for a girl going to her boyfriends house and other girls eatig and dropping plates,which girl mumu like that,lol?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
kulyie: lol @ traditional men are harmless kitten at home.in the homes of traditional men i have studied,it is a rare priviledge for the man to be at home and it is a big priviledge on the part of the part of the wife for 'our daddy' as they are called by the wife or wives to eat their food.any woman that qustions their decision is tagged as an arrogant woman and should be ready to leave that house.they are lord and masters in that house.as for the kids dont even let me go there.secondly yes,you are right.for you to have your way with any kind of man liberal,conservative or traditional man,a woman has to be humble.however look at the kind of marriages in which women are the best in their fields,buisnesses,careers and are leaders of companies,it is the kind of marriages were the man is liberal,also look at the kind of homes where the man is a traditionalist,the women are pitiable.no time to pursue their career or lives because they are living for the man.i will give a little illustration now.women are likened to flowers,if you continually trample on them,they start degenerating and after some time,wither,but if you wet a flower continually it grows and gets more beautiful and nourished.at the end of the day,the home is beautiful,the kids are happy and the man feels fulfilled. I read and watched a prominent nigerian by the name ibukun awosika,a buisness tycoon,read about her career life and home,then check whether you hear of any prominent woman in nigeria who married a traditionalist.i will stop here

Generalizing much! I'm married to a traditional man that makes my career his number 1 priority. My dad is my mums biggest cheerleader. I think you are confusing traditional with bush.
I'm only 3 yrs younger than my husband and w r in our 20's, so its not like we are old. We have to keep our culture to have something to give our kids especially living abroad, if not what differntiats us from the akatas?
Every traditional man that loves his wife and treats her in high regard will be offended by your post.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
kulyie: lol @ traditional men are harmless kitten at home.in the homes of traditional men i have studied,it is a rare priviledge for the man to be at home and it is a big priviledge on the part of the part of the wife for 'our daddy' as they are called by the wife or wives to eat their food.any woman that qustions their decision is tagged as an arrogant woman and should be ready to leave that house.they are lord and masters in that house.as for the kids dont even let me go there.secondly yes,you are right.for you to have your way with any kind of man liberal,conservative or traditional man,a woman has to be humble.however look at the kind of marriages in which women are the best in their fields,buisnesses,careers and are leaders of companies,it is the kind of marriages were the man is liberal,also look at the kind of homes where the man is a traditionalist,the women are pitiable.no time to pursue their career or lives because they are living for the man.i will give a little illustration now.women are likened to flowers,if you continually trample on them,they start degenerating and after some time,wither,but if you wet a flower continually it grows and gets more beautiful and nourished.at the end of the day,the home is beautiful,the kids are happy and the man feels fulfilled. I read and watched a prominent nigerian by the name ibukun awosika,a buisness tycoon,read about her career life and home,then check whether you hear of any prominent woman in nigeria who married a traditionalist.i will stop here

Generalizing much! I'm married to a traditional man that makes my career his number 1 priority. My dad is my mums biggest cheerleader. I think you are confusing traditional with bush.
I'm only 3 yrs younger than my husband and w r in our 20's, so its not like we are old. We have to keep our culture to have something to give our kids especially living abroad, if not what differntiats us from the akatas?
Every traditional man that loves his wife and treats her in high regard will be offended by your post.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
So you want a lady who you haven't married to come and cook, wash, clean have s3x with you and iron your clothes?
Let me ask you all the ones who have done that for you how many of them have you married?
So after doing househelp for you, you look for someone else and dump her with the slightest excuse.

Women, let me advice you, if you are not a wife, don't go and be acting like one.
If he comes to your house feed him, if you go to his house and he decides to live like a pig clear a space and sit.
Value your self, a man who loves you will respect you

Those of them shouting our mothers and grandmothers, did your mothers tell you that they were cooking and cleaning for your fathers and grandfathers and sleeping with them before they paid their bride price?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by slimyem: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
Beloved1993:

Every traditional man that loves his wife and treats her in high regard
Given the bolded,your man is NOT a traditional man.
Stop calling him that.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by lolaluv1(f): 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
@Debrief's statement.

Chei! This is too hot to hold, too cold to handle!

Two trillion likes!
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by slimyem: 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
Traditional man that makes his wife's career his number one priotirty?
Doesn't exist!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
kulyie: men and women are equal in the sight of God,there's nothing like your man is your head,thats nonesense,we are complementary partners.its a matter of do me i do you,scratch my back,i scratch yours

MEN AND WOMEN ARE NOT EQUAL IN ANY WAY, SHAPE or FORM.. WETHER IN THE SIGHT OF GOD, IN THE SIGHT OF BIOLOGY or IN THE SIGHT OF MAN... Dont ever get that twisted..

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2013
slimyem:
Traditional man that makes his wife's career his number one priotirty?
Doesn't exist!!!
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fowl.... angry

The mistake you are making is thinking that because we are traditional means that we are bush.. I make my wifes career a priority. HOWEVER, she will not slack off on her responsibilities to me as my wife or to my kids as their mother. NEVER!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fowl.... angry

The mistake you are making is thinking that because we are traditional means that we are bush.. I make my wifes career a priority. HOWEVER, she will not slack off on her responsibilities to me as my wife or to my kids as their mother. NEVER!!!

Person like you na mouth you get. tongue

The same guy that was crying pounded yam pounded yam, i was shocked to see him pushing the cart in a shopping mall while the wife(then girlfriend) do the picking and droping in cart.

i laugh am tire for office the next day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
Vikin:

Person like you na mouth you get. tongue

The same guy that was crying pounded yam pounded yam, i was shocked to see him pushing the cart in a shopping mall while the wife(then girlfriend) do the picking and droping in cart.

i laugh am tire for office the next day.

You are also getting it twisted...

Say I be traditional man no mean say I no go help my Nwa baby.

But the point here is that most of you women here dont see these chores as your responsibility. And thats where the problem lie.

I can go into the market for my wife whilst she does cleans the house or even sleeps sef. However, it has to be because I want to and not because my wife does not know how to do it.

SO do you agree that a womans responsibility in a home is to cook, clean, do the dishes, do the laundry, go shopping, tend o the kids and all other domestic chores/duties?!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

You are also getting it twisted...

Say I be traditional man no mean say I no go help my Nwa baby.

But the point here is that most of you women here dont see these chores as your responsibility. And thats where the problem lie.

I can go into the market for my wife whilst she does cleans the house or even sleeps sef. However, it has to be because I want to and not because my wife does not know how to do it.

SO do you agree that a womans responsibility in a home is to cook, clean, do the dishes, do the laundry, go shopping, tend o the kids and all other domestic chores/duties?!

Lol! Love is all we need. Your question na carryover be that.

We are the weaker vessel...we should be pampered. Gerrit! Not used as a tool for modern day slavery.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
Vikin:

Lol! Love is all we need. Your question na carryover be that.

We are the weaker vessel...we should be pampered. Gerrit! Not used as a tool for modern day slavery.

Well, there we have it................... The source of this thread..
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
If a man expects a woman to be an Angel in his life, he should first create a heaven for her cos Angels don't live in hell!
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
Vikin: If a man expects a woman to be an Angel in his life, he should first create a heaven for her cos Angels don't live in hell!

If a woman fails to live up to her responsibilities in the home as a wife, then she shouldnt be surprised when another woman steps in to fill that gap.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

If a woman fails to live up to her responsibilities in the home as a wife, then she shouldnt be surprised when another woman steps in to fill that gap.

Na today? E don Tay yansh dey back... Y'all can't threaten us with that again. We are fortified now. Trust me, any woman who steps in, on your own. What you see you take.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wife Always Accuse Him Of Not Being Romantic After Watching Telemundo Channel.! / What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.