Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,217 members, 7,925,768 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 10:37 PM

Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? (28986 Views)

The Unspoken Truth: Why Women Hate Each Other So Damn Much / Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]AFAM!! Tradition is dead....

Lets be honest men, the number of girls that still carry our core traditional values have diminished quite alot. This 'women ;iberation/empowerment' has made girls with traditional values an endangered specie. Sending our daughters abroad to school thereby exposing them to the western culture and way of life hasnt helped matters either. It has even eaten into the way marriages are contracted. Whats left is for girls to wear (western) wedding gowns for their traditional weddings.

All our ladies today want to do is simply go shopping, look fly, do their hair and nails, fly first class to fancy destinations and party. Simply put, they all want to be beyonce.. You can date a girl for 5 years and in those 5 years, she will barely talk about raising up kids and how she intends to raise them. Ask for what they call cooking today, my brother it is pitiful. Thats why Househelps and Nannys now have companies that they work for. I visited my friend who is a newly wed and they already had a live in househelp (Barely 4 months into the marriage). I broke up with many dames because I realized that beyond the fake hair, tight jeans and push-up bras, they had absolutely nothing else to offer. A girl sleeps and wakes up and the next thing she is sitting in the living room watching DSTV. By 7:30am, whilst I am busy prepping to go to work. Couldnt even make simple coffee for me or straighten the bed. I am very traditional. I want a woman that can cook, clean my house, handle certain small household business like restock the shelves, restock my toileteries, re-stock my fridge, iron clothes e.t.c. Even if I say okay babe, dont stress yourself about XYZ, its important to know that she can do them.. Most of our girls want to live the Kim Kardashian lifestyle.

Well, while I am lashing out at the women, I will also blame the guys.. Traditional girls still abound. They just dont always come in the most fanciest of wrappings. being a slut sells better and faster than being a lady. So most girls have also stopped looking for traditional men and now want the magazine cover guys. 21st century compliant guys.

Meanwhile.. I learnt of a Lady who started dating this guy. That as soon as she came into his life, she started acting like a wife. She would pick out his clothes, buy and replace his socks (if they are torn), replace his underwears and boxers (Stuff that most guys tend to always forget to do), cook meals for him to come back from work to, bring him surprise (home cooked) lunch at work, buy and replace things like toilet rolls, bathing sponge and soap, deodorant, perfumes, e.t.c whilst keeping his house clean. When the guy gave her a key to his flat, he didnt know.. They were married after barely a year of courting. The guy became so dependent of her it was almost like she had used juju on him. MEANWHILE.. This babe schooled in Jand o!! MSc. holder.

I guess it is what it is.. I cannot date a girl with no traditional values for any reason other than sex.. Thank God I found one of the last few good girls in Nigeria for my wife... [/b]
angry angry angry

I am beginning to hate the fact that I cannot post on some threads because of you.

DeJa Vu!

So ask a girl why she cannot do those things for a man, and she says "so that when I finish he would now break up with me" like washing plates cooking and taking care of a house has suddenly turned into "Modern day slavery" angry angry angry BULLSHIT!
Its simple human beings want to eat their cake and have it, like you rightly pointed out stop any "boy" on the road and ask what sort of woman do you want. He would mention every other thing asides from the important things like a woman who can actually hold the house together. Stop a "girl" and ask her what she wants and the first thing you would hear if "TDH - Tall Dark Handsome face, handsome pockets " Me I cannot suffer oh.

Stop a man though, a real man that has gone through many Kim K's and he knows what a real woman should offer, sometimes some girls grow up to become women and only by then its usually too late. The man if he never made the mistake of settling down with em flashy girls either by sheer luck or his village juju should be sensible enough to know that his saying I do does not ensure Mr. Biggs stays in business. angry angry angry angry

Today you help to buy meat from the market and tomorrow it turns to " You know you are the one that knows how to price the meat now " Hian! angry angry
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
debrief08: So you want a lady who you haven't married to come and cook, wash, clean have s3x with you and iron your clothes?
Let me ask you all the ones who have done that for you how many of them have you married?
So after doing househelp for you, you look for someone else and dump her with the slightest excuse.

Women, let me advice you, if you are not a wife, don't go and be acting like one.
If he comes to your house feed him, if you go to his house and he decides to live like a pig clear a space and sit.
Value your self, a man who loves you will respect you

Those of them shouting our mothers and grandmothers, did your mothers tell you that they were cooking and cleaning for your fathers and grandfathers and sleeping with them before they paid their bride price?

Biko Drex comot,
I am sure my grandfathers did not have to buy BB porches as well and pay for Peruvian Brazilian Bolivian Iranian Indian Iraqi and all the bloody weaves out there angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
lola.luv:

Na today? E don tay!

Don't forget there were other names like 'Militia', 'Almond Joy', 'BootyOnMe', 'Chintua' and I think Baby something.

The woman is fascinating and she has a distinctive way of writing that immediately you come across any of her writings, you know she's the one. Lol.
Seun knows her. They've been on the issue for years so leave matter for Matthias!

Oh, thanks.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
angry angry angry

I am beginning to hate the fact that I cannot post on some threads because of you.

DeJa Vu!

So ask the girl I was having lunch with why she cannot do those things for a man, and she says "so that when I finish he would now break up with me" like washing plates cooking and taking care of a house has suddenly turned into "Modern day slavery" angry angry angry BULLSHIT!
Its simple human beings want to eat their cake and have it, like you rightly pointed out stop any "boy" on the road and ask what sort of woman do you want. He would mention every other thing asides from the important things like a woman who can actually hold the house together. Stop a "girl" and ask her what she wants and the first thing you would hear if "TDH - Tall Dark Handsome face, handsome pockets " Me I cannot suffer oh.

Stop a man though, a real man that has gone through many Kim K's and he knows what a real woman should offer, sometimes some girls grow up to become women and only by then its usually too late. The man if he never made the mistake of settling down with em flashy girls either by sheer luck or his village juju should be sensible enough to know that his saying I do does not ensure Mr. Biggs stays in business. angry angry angry angry

Today you help to buy meat from the market and tomorrow it turns to " You know you are the one that knows how to price the meat now " Hian! angry angry

Bros na so we see am o!!!

Whats even retarded about it is that wether she does these things or not, if na dumping dey her destiny, then she cant escape it.

I love that bit about them growing up to become women only to realize that its too late.. Its really sad.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
Chrisbenogor:

Biko Drex comot,
I am sure my grandfathers did not have to buy BB porches as well and pay for Peruvian Brazilian Bolivian Iranian Indian Iraqi and all the bloody weaves out there angry angry angry

I no even see that comment...

Its obvious that he has no idea how his grandparents contracted marriages.. In some cases sef, them don born like 5 before them pay money for her head. Some go even live with theguy mama for a long time before them pay one naira.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by SisiKill1: 4:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
afam4eva:

They want a man who won't require them to cook as a typical African woman will readily do.

They want a man that will give them the kind of freedom that they desire to do whatever they want? Ask Tonto Dike.

They want a man that won't rule over them as the head of the family. In fact they want someone they won't submit to.

Seeing it in black and white. . .A girl would obviously have to be out of her mind to turn this Irresistible gem of a man down.

Cooking. . .if a woman doesn't cook, what exactly is her purpose in this world??!

I mean Freedom? So overrated. . .who needs that? Prisoners don't have freedom and they are surviving, aren't they?

And what on earth is wrong with being ruled over? The Slaves of old turned out right didn't they?

Oh! Oh! My body is all tingly at the prospective. . .where do I sign up??!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
Seeing it in black and white. . .A girl would obviously have to be out of her mind to turn this Irresistible gem of a man down.

Cooking. . .if a woman doesn't cook, what exactly is her purpose in this world??!

I mean Freedom? So overrated. . .who needs that? Prisoners don't have freedom and they are surviving, aren't they?

And what on earth is wrong with being ruled over? The Slaves of old turned out right didn't they?

Oh! Oh! My body is all tingly at the prospective. . .where do I sign up??!

HUH!!!?~
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by SisiKill1: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2013
jennykadry: Why should I pound yam to show my husband that I Am "submissive"? If i break my "back" in the process what will I tell the A&E doctor when I go there? Which kain adult abuse is that one? undecided so the people that make the powder form of poundo for easy turning are stoopid abi? Oh yes they are.

If you want pounded yam please find yourself a pestle and mortar and pound away, do not involve me, I repeat, do not involve me

Jenny I will fight you oh!! How can a wife prove her love for her husband if she isn't half way dead at the end of every day?! I think you need a refresh on how to be a good wife. So here 10 Characteristics of a Good Naija Wife

Now go get that mortar and pestle out and start pounding. . .remember to do it in you CL Pumps, Designer Jeans and Top finished off with nice pearls instead of your wrapper because even though they want you to be the traditional wife, you risk losing them if you dressed like one.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by slimyem: 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Jenny I will fight you oh!! How can a wife prove her love for her husband if she isn't half way dead at the end of every day?! I think you need a refresh on how to be a good wife. So here 10 Characteristics of a Good Naija Wife

Now go get that mortar and pestle out and start pounding. . .remember to do it in you CL Pumps, Designer Jeans and Top finished off with nice pearls instead of your wrapper because even though they want you to be the traditional wife, you risk losing them if you dressed like one.
That's it..
All they want is to eat their cake and still have it.
Unrealistic bunch!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
slimyem: That's it..
All they want is to eat their cake and still have it.
Unrealistic bunch!!

No wonder the prayer request wey full church this days na for husband..

Every girl can wear CL Pumps and look good, but not all girls can pound yam or cook Ofe Nsala..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

Every girl can wear CL Pumps and look good, but not all girls can pound yam or cook Ofe Nsala..

Prayer request wey full church na financial breakthrough.

Men dey pray to get better work, ladies dey pray for job and husband....anyone will do! .all na financial breakthrough cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

angry angry angry
Hian! the guy na wizkid?
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by mrsoma: 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
;DSo because you have a job and contribute to the household funds, you and your husband are now mates abi?!

Thats why you wont cook or clean the house abi?!

Thats why you cant run him a bath or do his laundry?!

What kind of life is this sef?!
^^^ sorry my dear but u can't eat ur cake and have it!
U can either eat it,enjoy it, Poo it out and forget about it or u don't have it @ all simples!! cool grin
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

lol speaking of me,i cant do ofe nsala,not because i dont know how to do it or because i dont want to learn,but because my mom never made it and i wasnt opportuned to see anyone who will teach me,but if its to pound yam with egusi soup that they will put diced liver,pomo,meat and crayfish,my head dey there,if its to do efo riro,that one is not a problem,secondly as for ladies praying for husbands,lol,i am not a fan of that.i dont do that.i believe at the right time we will meet,because its the same yorubas that say the water anybody will drink will not pass anybody by.chai but it pained me as the battery of my phone ran dead while i was typing on nairaland o.see all the things i missed.lol,jesuuu mi o
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
jennykadry: Why should I pound yam to show my husband that I Am "submissive"? If i break my "back" in the process what will I tell the A&E doctor when I go there? Which kain adult abuse is that one? undecided so the people that make the powder form of poundo for easy turning are stoopid abi? Oh yes they are.

If you want pounded yam please find yourself a pestle and mortar and pound away, do not involve me, I repeat, do not involve me
as much as i love you and your posts,for the first time i will have to disagree with you.there's an addage that says whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger.pounding yam will not break your back if not 90 percent of old ekiti women will have been walking with a bent back.pounding yam is a form of indirect exercise,people dont realise this,but its true.whenever you are carrying the pestle and hitting it on the yam,you are burning calories or fats in your arms,it also helps in stregthning your arms.however it is if a woman is pregnant that i will not support her pounding yam.any man that asks his wife to pound yam with protuding tummy is just plain inconsiderate ( i am saying this because i have seen this happen.the man in our former neighbourhood insisted that his pregnant wife of 5 months should pound yam at night around 8pm and when she said she needed rest,the husband angrily left the house with his car keys and said,if you dont pound it for me,ill go and get it elsewhere)
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
kulyie: as much as i love you and your posts,for the first time i will have to disagree with you.there's an addage that says whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger.pounding yam will not break your back if not 90 percent of old ekiti women will have been walking with a bent back.pounding yam is a form of indirect exercise,people dont realise this,but its true.whenever you are carrying the pestle and hitting it on the yam,you are burning calories or fats in your arms,it also helps in stregthning your arms.however it is if a woman is pregnant that i will not support her pounding yam.any man that asks his wife to pound yam with protuding tummy is just plain inconsiderate ( i am saying this because i have seen this happen.the man in our former neighbourhood insisted that his pregnant wife of 5 months should pound yam at night around 8pm and when she said she needed rest,the husband angrily left the house with his car keys and said,if you dont pound it for me,ill go and get it elsewhere)

Are you for real? Stick to a point! If pounding yam is very good for the arms, then why won't a pregnant woman pound yam.

When I was still living with parents, the boys pound anything poundable. My own is to put the yam for mortar.

Continue pounding Sha, if that will make you keep ya man! All the best dear...

Tomorrow if you marry a non traditional man or non nigerian, all these ya pounding yam skills will disappear.

What will you be left with?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by bukatyne(f): 9:45pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju: So because you have a job and contribute to the household funds, you and your husband are now mates abi?! angry

Thats why you wont cook or clean the house abi?!

Thats why you cant run him a bath or do his laundry?!

angry

What kind of life is this sef?!
so d husband n wife are not mates! When you all equate equality to been rude and nasty, why would"t u see a threat in ur wife been equal with you. Some men are sooooooo confused! You want a traditional wife, an independent wife and a sexy wife that looks 25 when she"s 50!
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

You must be from Imo State... angry
i only know of one igbo
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by phineas: 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
Traditional men exist,they are brought up to be traditional,to see women as inferior.a lady once said her Inlaws told her her job was to bear kids for her son when she married him,she went ahead,they came in told her how to take care of their son up to the way they prefer his kitchen and house arranged,eventually he started beating her for not dropping her pay.point is if your parents raised you like a princess,and you choose the lineage of slaves in the name of love,the choice was yours to make,dont complain.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
phineas: point is if your parents raised you like a princess,and you choose the lineage of slaves in the name of love,the choice was yours to make,dont complain.

Lmao!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
Vikin:

Are you for real? Stick to a point! If pounding yam is very good for the arms, then why won't a pregnant woman pound yam.

When I was still living with parents, the boys pound anything poundable. My own is to put the yam for mortar.

Continue pounding Sha, if that will make you keep ya man! All the best dear...

Tomorrow if you marry a non traditional man or non nigerian, all these ya pounding yam skills will disappear.

What will you be left with?

i am pounding yam because i love it,not necesarily to keep a man or get a man.its reasonable to be domesticated as a female,however to each his own,if you feel you dont need to learn it,all well and good.secondly pregnant women need loads of rest for obvious reasons,yes they should exercise but not strenous ones like pounding na.they can take a walk in the evenings and all but nothing that will exert a lot of energy.3rdly am sticking to a point
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
phineas: Traditional men exist,they are brought up to be traditional,to see women as inferior.a lady once said her Inlaws told her her job was to bear kids for her son when she married him,she went ahead,they came in told her how to take care of their son up to the way they prefer his kitchen and house arranged,eventually he started beating her for not dropping her pay.point is if your parents raised you like a princess,and you choose the lineage of slaves in the name of love,the choice was yours to make,dont complain.
thats the disadvantage of marrying a traditionalist however it was unfortunate the lady saw danger signs but chose to head into a pseudo marriage
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
kulyie: i am pounding yam because i love it,not necesarily to keep a man or get a man.its to be domesticated as a female,however to each his own,if you feel you dont need to learn it,all well and good.secondly pregnant women need loads of rest for obvious reasons,yes they should exercise but not strenous ones like pounding na.they can take a walk in the evenings and all but nothing that will exert a lot of energy.3rdly am sticking to a point

smiley smiley

Good you know what gives you joy?

I support you dear, anything that makes you happy!

Make sure you kit up with sports wear while doing the pounding to keep the B.re.a st from falling off. Don't forget the hand gloves too!

Don't mind me, am just too safety conscious.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 3:15am On Jan 08, 2013
kulyie: as much as i love you and your posts,for the first time i will have to disagree with you.there's an addage that says whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger.pounding yam will not break your back if not 90 percent of old ekiti women will have been walking with a bent back.pounding yam is a form of indirect exercise,people dont realise this,but its true.whenever you are carrying the pestle and hitting it on the yam,you are burning calories or fats in your arms,it also helps in stregthning your arms.however it is if a woman is pregnant that i will not support her pounding yam.any man that asks his wife to pound yam with protuding tummy is just plain inconsiderate ( i am saying this because i have seen this happen.the man in our former neighbourhood insisted that his pregnant wife of 5 months should pound yam at night around 8pm and when she said she needed rest,the husband angrily left the house with his car keys and said,if you dont pound it for me,ill go and get it elsewhere)

Nigerians and our ignorance me included. The back has tendons,ligament, bones, muscles. During vigorous exercise, there is possibility of muscle strain/back pain to occur due to various factors but I will mention two

1. Poor manual handling skills
2 microscopic Tears in the muscle fibers

Nigerians could care less about these two due to ignorance. For each vigorous exercise you involve yourself in, pounding, weightlifting etc, the muscles in your back causedf by contractions, receive tears and it increases each time the exercise is done. I have seen the way people pound yam, they lift the pestle up, move their upper body backward to accommodate the pressure to be exerted on the mortar with the pestle before they pound, that is muscle tissue stretching and that could lead to a tear. There are called microscopic tears because you need a microscope to view them, the tears build up each time until after a long while, the muscle ruptures.

You know what, I don't want to argue, you are right. It's a form of exercise. Moving on cool
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 3:26am On Jan 08, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Lmao. Leave me joo. I said I won't pound, na by force? cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by geekinthelead: 6:09am On Jan 08, 2013
cos traditional african men are dumb, semi-illiterate, oppressive and just plain stupid! This is why Nigeria is where it is today.. cos of dumb traditional nigerians (men and women both) and i hope they continue to suffer in their own vomit - nigeria... tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by leonshom(m): 6:22am On Jan 08, 2013
Must every1 talk about Tonto Dike or use her as a yardstick? cant u jez leave her alone 4a single minute ! nawa !
afam4eva: If there's one thing I've noticed in life, it is that people always embrace things that will benefit them. With the infiltration of western culture into Nigeria, our ladies have been mostly receptive to this culture. They embrace it and even carry it into their search for a spouse. I've heard ladies say things like "I can't marry a traditional man". Meaning that, they don't want a man who's a stickler for African tradition. I think this is just because these ladies know that African culture does not favour them so, they'll rather marry someone who has a western outlook on life.

They want a man who won't require them to cook as a typical African woman will readily do.

They want a man that will give them the kind of freedom that they desire to do whatever they want? Ask Tonto Dike.

They want a man that won't rule over them as the head of the family. Infact they want someone they won't submit to.

Isn't it ironic that the same ladies will want advice young people that they should respect their elders because it's part of African culture.

You can see that these ladies use and dump African culture when it suits them.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by jaybee3(m): 6:27am On Jan 08, 2013
Who is a traditional man?
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by cfours: 6:29am On Jan 08, 2013
this thread is misleading.
people generally marry from their class/level.
traditional men marry traditional women and vice versa.

the question is: why are traditional men seeking and chasing after non-traditional women. na by force?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by toprealman: 6:32am On Jan 08, 2013
"Traditional men" can be quite stubborn and are most likely egomaniacs.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by free2ryhme: 6:39am On Jan 08, 2013
Vikin:

Nothing wrong my dear kiss

Just that I would have much more important things than worrying about if my pounded yam has seeds in it, or if my bitter leaf soup is too bitter.

Something's are complimentary for me not an obligation.

is dis ya poor excuse for not knowing how to cook ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mother Ties Her Child On A Pillar In Her House (Photo) / Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies / Lady Claims Her Father Mistakenly Sent Her N10M For Christmas (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.