Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,182 members, 7,903,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 12:18 AM

Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years (10745 Views)

Another Proof That GEJ Purchased Arms For The Nigerian Military (pics) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Demdem(m): 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2013
SlyIg:
thats why i asked what d past government has done in your village so that i can be able to compare and contrast. Goodluck came to meet an epilepsy power and he is trying his very best to keep things in order. If not for the distractions of this boko haram idiotts, he would have gone far with projects by now. Try to reason better pls.

i live in the present not the past. u can chose otherwise. better still open a thread for that. over here we are talking about a govt with so much resources and very little deeds to boast of.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Promolysis(m): 1:09pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mad Cow:

Look at this scrotum calling somebody a person!!

So the Guy listed his opinion, and all you could come back with was that foolish line.

You are a perfect case study for why Abortion should be legalized in Nigeria.. angry
dude comot from here. You dey disturb pipu with this retardeen super story. Yeye dey smell
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Promolysis(m): 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
Greatken007: you talk more like a fool,are you in your 40's?
sarap

1 Like

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by deletrue: 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The truth is that federal govt projects are usually spread apart, such that except you look out for them you may think nothing is happening. This is unlike state govt who may become messiah after tarring 3 or more 2centimetre long inner city roads.

For want of time, let me quickly list the ones I can remember now.

In Anambra state:

1) re-construction and expansion of Bridge-head to upper Iweka section of the Enugu-Onitsha express road

2) completion of the Onitsha-Owerri road

3) building of Onitsha inland port (N4 billion worth project)

4) building of federal secretariat- still ongoing, to be completed this yr

5) building of Zik Mausoleum

6) Supporting the state govt all the way until the state became an all producing state. Definitely, an OBJ in Aso would have found a way of killing or delaying that project.

7) Provision of huge funds for infrastructural upgrade of the state university- Anambra state university. It was one of the 12 universities that recieved N25 billion intervention fund late last yr.

There's are some intra-state roads, erosion control sites,etc that are also ongoing. More may be added to the list later

The ones I can remember in Enugu state for now include:

1) The improved power supply. I'm a living testimony of this achievement. In fact na dis one sweet my belle pass

2) The Enugu-Abia-PH-North rail line: still ongoing

3) The Enugu-PH road is being made motorable. The section from Enugu down was already completed the last time I travelled on the road. The return section was still ongoing then. Many other FG roads recieved similar attention under "operation safe passage".

As I remember more projects, I'll them to the list
Some of these deviants you are bush educating does not even know the difference between Federal Government and family settings. All they want is jonah should perform miracle by turning himself to be director, chairman of shell, chevron and other multinationals, turn himself to Billgate and employ them, their children, their community members. infact, want them to be fed by buying them garrs, meat, fuel they vehicles. By that jonah would been the best man. Lazy and highly unreasonable yoruba people. Jonah's requirement as a leader is to provide enabling environment. namahogas.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by takedat(m): 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
deletrue: Some of these deviants you are bush educating does not even know the difference between Federal Government and family settings. All they want is jonah should perform miracle by turning himself to be director, chairman of shell, chevron and other multinationals, turn himself to Billgate and employ them, their children, their community members. infact, want them to be fed by buying them garrs, meat, fuel they vehicles. By that jonah would been the best man. Lazy and highly unreasonable yoruba people. Jonah's requirement as a leader is to provide enabling environment. namahogas.
So is it only the Yoruba's that seem unsatisfied with the government? You are a Nuisance!

2 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Promolysis(m): 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
franchizy: GEJ in collaboration wit Gov T. A Orji are rehabilitating all d major roads in Aba, Abia state. Dis roads were abandoned by d past administration. It is 4 d reasons dat Abians say they will forever remain indebted to our God sent Gov T. A. Orji.
god will punish and thief after orji. Infact u dey crazy with ur useless comment
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by cjfavour(m): 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
Demdem:

So because OBJ didnt do it then its wrong for us to question the retardeen who has operated three budgets so far why he hasnt done it right?
Get this straight, OBJ is no longer the president and i care less about him for now but the Retardeen.
Get this straight bro. I'm nt against u questioning GEJ for anything.He's a golden fish dt has no hidding place. To me if he can't take d heat,he shld get out of d kitchen. My point is dt the evil man OBJ implemented 8 budgets bt didnt do anything about it,why are we too quick to crucify GEJ who have implemented 3 budgets?8 and 3 which one is greater? Question him bt lets nt forget dt smone spent 8 yrs and even tried to get more 4 bt didnt do anything there.

2 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Demdem(m): 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2013
cjfavour: Get this straight bro. I'm nt against u questioning GEJ for anything.He's a golden fish dt has no hidding place. To me if he can't take d heat,he shld get out of d kitchen. My point is dt the evil man OBJ implemented 8 budgets bt didnt do anything about it,why are we too quick to crucify GEJ who have implemented 3 budgets?8 and 3 which one is greater? Question him bt lets nt forget dt smone spent 8 yrs and even tried to get more 4 bt didnt do anything there.

we are not too quick, we are just being proactive. working and making sure all those negative stuffs that befell us during OBJ shouldnt repeat itself again. of cos OBJ was also put on his toes throughout with criticisms but not as much as the retardeen which to me is in order. more Nigerians are much more concious of developments in their country than before.

If after 3 budgets, so little can be seen then the wise will surely know that the potential to go through 8 budgets with nothing to show for it is also there. Criticize earlier and appropriately so that wont befall us again
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by taharqa: 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2013
Gen. Orumov:
I'm tired of seeing threads on GEJ this, GEJ that always. As for people like myself and others that are unrepentant non-GEJ supporters, The harder they try to show/prove to us what he has done, the more which he hasn't done or has done wrongly comes out into the open. Personally, i believe he hasn't done anything that has impacted on my life and I'm just waiting to boot out this GEJ led government come 2015.
Oh! Lawd. Who about cares what think Or how you feel... Some of u give yrselves way more credit they u deserve, and its so hilarous. You are ONE person, Unrepentant non-GEJ supporter. YOU did count in 2011, what mks you tink you wud in 2015?? mtcheee.....
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by faithbukky(m): 1:27pm On Jan 25, 2013
Pls tell dem ooo
Lagos_Boi: Absolutely NOTHING !!!!!

All these P.R stunt will not work.

I have made up my mind, I am tired of PDP Led Govts. I want to try the opposition. Infact i will campaign for whoever the opposition is, The states that has been taken away from Pdp is a big example. Things PDP couldn't achieve for years, other parties are doing them under a year. abegi joor.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by deletrue: 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2013
cjfavour: Get this straight bro. I'm nt against u questioning GEJ for anything.He's a golden fish dt has no hidding place. To me if he can't take d heat,he shld get out of d kitchen. My point is dt the evil man OBJ implemented 8 budgets bt didnt do anything about it,why are we too quick to crucify GEJ who have implemented 3 budgets?8 and 3 which one is greater? Question him bt lets nt forget dt smone spent 8 yrs and even tried to get more 4 bt didnt do anything there.
You are just wonderful. A perfect creation from God. please, keep enlighting them with your high level of wisdom like that of Moses in the Bible. Correct man.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by tomakint: 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mad Cow:

Look at this scrotum calling somebody a person!!

So the Guy listed his opinion, and all you could come back with was that foolish line.

You are a perfect case study for why Abortion should be legalized in Nigeria.. angry
Seconded cool but you forgot to add that he is a "Certified Dolt"
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by deletrue: 1:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
You are just wonderful. A perfect creature from God. please, keep enlighting them with your high level of wisdom like that of Moses in the Bible. Correct man.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by nduchucks: 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
Why are you people wasting your time responding to political jobbers whose self interests are obvious. When a good and high performing leader emerges, no one will be able to dispute his/her accomplishments because they will be easy to identify by all and sundry.

The only reason why GEJ's jobbers and other observers see GEJ's performance differently is because GEJ is not well accomplished atall. The man is simply a failure as the President of this great country. Period.

2 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by cjfavour(m): 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
Spiritmask: U r blind if u cnt c d gej achievement in anambra. I'm in onitsha bridge head now, ther is a lot of work done in d sea port, yesterday i went to jamb office in akwa, they r reconstructn enugu-onitsha roads. Onitsha-owerri road had been recönstructed. We enjoy more dan 18hrs electricity in onitsha
Pls guy read my post again b4 u start calling urself blind. It's nt GEJ dt built onitsha owerri road, what i said is dt onitsha port is nt yet operational and u can quote me anywhere on dt. GEJ and PO sold us a donkey when GEJ visited.ON zik masoleum,d last time i passd there on nov,its still like dt. Nothing is happening there. On onitsha enugu road,on dt same nov,they'v nt finishd d road mostly after toll gate going to awkuzu.have they finishd it now?i dnt know bt i'll pass there next week to confirm. On electricity,i didnt tell u dt we're enjoying less than ur speculated 18hrs. Which part of onitsha are u talking about?i live in awada and power supply there is too epileptic. I've never bn with light for 18hrs uninterrupted. Our light used to b steady more than whats obtainable here now. On niger bridge,i give thumb up to whoever is clearing there bt they'v nt finishd it.If u doubt me i'll upload d pic here. Bt i pray they put street light there. Will they bro?
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by cjfavour(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
Demdem:

we are not too quick, we are just being proactive. working and making sure all those negative stuffs that befell us during OBJ shouldnt repeat itself again. of cos OBJ was also put on his toes throughout with criticisms but not as much as the retardeen which to me is in order. more Nigerians are much more concious of developments in their country than before.

If after 3 budgets, so little can be seen then the wise will surely know that the potential to go through 8 budgets with nothing to show for it is also there. Criticize earlier and appropriately so that wont befall us again
Bro when this type of issue comes up next time,first criticise the evil man dt spent 8 yrs and didnt do anything b4 u question GEJ SO DT IT'LL BE BALANCED. IN D NEXT ELECTION,LET'S KEEP SENTIMENT ASIDE. THUMB UP GUY!!!
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Libra38: 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
(1) Suspended the funding of Bagana/Guto bridge project - The project was innitiated by OBJ and continue with Yaradu'a
(2) Suspended the dredging of Lokoja river - The project embarked upon by Yaradua's administration
(3) Establishment of a glorified secondary school called Federal University Lokoja - Anticipated to take off around September 2011, but yet to fully take off.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Demdem(m): 1:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
cjfavour: Bro when this type of issue comes up next time,first criticise the evil man dt spent 8 yrs and didnt do anything b4 u question GEJ SO DT IT'LL BE BALANCED. IN D NEXT ELECTION,LET'S KEEP SENTIMENT ASIDE. THUMB UP GUY!!!

and how many OBJ threads have been opened in time past to criticise his "acheivements". I refuse to dwell on that again because i know its in the past and will achieve nothing since we now have a new leader. besides this thread specifically requested for the retardeen and not OBJ
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by tomakint: 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2013
..and just to back up your points, I have always maintained that Obasanjo has no moral stand to advise Goodluck Jonathan on how to tackle corruption or stem the tide of terrorism because when he was given the chance to rule by Providence he did worst and even committed genocidal crimes against humanity in Zaka Biam and Odi respectively. The rate of corruption during Obasanjo’s time was at an alarming rate, he was the de facto petroleum minister throughout his autocratic eight years, he even intentionally frustrated Okonjo-Iweala, then Minister of Finance from office so as to satisfy his cronies. The rule of law was trampled under feet and the spate of bloodshed was unabated. He (Obj) pretended to be fighting corruption but we knew better when he left office, such was the chameleonic nature of the Obj’s eight-year tenure.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by giftbz(m): 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
taharqa: In the last two years or so, these are some of the changes that have happened in Benin City/Edo State under GEJ:

- Significant improvements in public power supply in Benin City for almost a year of an average of 18 hrs a day (except for few times when there are national systems problems), much more than I have ever enjoyed in Nigeria except perhaps when I was a kid (and I am in my 20's).

- The fixing of the ever notorious Benin-Ore Road, which has been almost complete finally after more than a decade of terrible experiences on that road such that it became routine to sleep on the road while travelling cos of the terrible traffic on bad spots Or having to pass through 'unknown' routes in different states before getting to Lagos. Presently one can get to Lagos in 3-4 hrs.

- The Remodelling/Reconstruction of the Benin Airport, an Airport that was an eye sore, a DISGRACE cos it had not undergone any major renovation since it was built over 25 years ago even though successive Govts had been appropriating money for it. Today, the airport has been completely re-made and expanded in 1 year.

- The coming back into operation of the moribund Oredo Oil/Gas field[/b] after many years, and [b]the building of a new Gas plant which would not only supply Gas to the newly built Ihovbor Power plant, plus other plants and LPG.

- The completion of a new 450MW Ihovbor/Benin Power plant that is in the pre-commissioning state presenting. The 1st in the state.

- The Resuscitation of the critical Benin Depot after 5 years of inactivity. A very important development Edo State such that Gov Oshiomohle was ecstatic and was very liberal in his praise for the development.

- The recovery of the washout in along the Auchi-Okene Road in Edo state.

- The supply of Fertilizers and seeds to more farmers than at any time in a very long time through the GES programme of the FG in collaboration with the State Govt.

- And in one of the most obvious, better Election Systems that have enabled us to elect pour leaders ourselves. Comparing the 2007 Elections when Anenih and his Gang prevented us the opportunity to elect our choice in a display of Brazen Rigging supported by The FG, and 2012 when the choice of the people was reflected in the best State elections probably in the history of the state. The difference is that 2007 was pre-GEj and 2012 was GEJ's. Etc, etc , etc.

These are some of the few I can recall at this time; there are obviously others including ongoing ones. There are however still some promises that have not been met.

I personally have never been able to point to these many No of projects done (or been done) in Benin/Edo State by any previous Federal Govt within this short 2 yr period. And the GREAT thing is that there is still about 2.5 yrs left....

. Na waoh! He try no bi small, the only thing he do for my state na to increase petrol pump price Jan.1st 2011 and he dey big in our eyes as people come dey use leg trek go back to lagos.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by pwettytemmy(f): 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
I will set up a committee to look into what he's done for my state and get back to you.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by cronsberg: 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
I was arguing with one of my friends the other day exactly about this issue. He kept saying g.e.j has done nothing in nigeria bla bla bla. then i told him, for the past 30yrs, have a single railway worked in nigeria except now? Have we ever had electricity this good in nigeria? what about ports, airports, roads, power plants e.t.c you just can't deny the fact that he performed better than most of our past leaders. Anyway back to the topic

Adamawa state

1. Total knock down and rebuilding of yola international airport (impresive structure)confirmed completed

2. Building the Nigeria law school yola campus (only two exist in the entire north abuja and yola)confirmed completed

3. Building an Ncc/Dbi institute "Nigeria communications commision / Digital bridge institute" (Only three of such institutes exist in entire north abuja, kano and now yola) The institute will be used to train telecoms personnel in high tech telecom methods, it will also serve as a software incubator of sorts where softwares will be developed and gaurded. Me being a software engineering graduate is very excited about this development.confirmed/completed

4. An average of above 15hours per day of electricity for a long time now. its commendable if you know how bad it was before.confirmed

5. Very soon Yola will have a gas depot. (only one i know of in north-eastern nija)on the way

6. very soon Yola will have a sorghum processing plant to be producing sorghum juice and stuff[b]on the way[/b]

1 Like

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Austinodark(m): 2:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
Demdem:

So because OBJ didnt do it then its wrong for us to question the retardeen who has operated three budgets so far why he hasnt done it right?
Get this straight, OBJ is no longer the president and i care less about him for now but the Retardeen.
why wil u care abt OBJ when he is same tribe with you
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by tomakint: 2:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
Libra38:
(1) Suspended the funding of Bagana/Guto bridge project - The project was innitiated by OBJ and continue with Yaradu'a
(2) Suspended the dredging of Lokoja river - The project embarked upon by Yaradua's administration
(3) Establishment of a glorified secondary school called Federal University Lokoja - Anticipated to take off around September 2011, but yet to fully take off.

My friend let me pick on your second point and explain some things to you from an environmental point of view, there is what we called Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) it's an initiative that considers the impacts (both positive and negative) of any projects that will directly or indirectly affects the environment so as to forestall future environmental degradation to the community, hence EIA is a prerequisite to be fully considered before such projects are embarked upon regarding the dredging of the Lokoja Obj circumvent the basic rules attached to the EIA and hurriedly approved the dredging which so many environmental bodies were against, thank God for the voices against that move if not the whole of Lokoja would have been submerged as a result of the recent flooding that affected Kogi State,because houses at the coastal areas of the Lokoja River would have been badly affected and the colossal waste would have impacted negatively on the economy by now thank God Jonathan reneged on that decision because he listened to those who know better than him!
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Hearme(m): 2:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
ETF PROJECTS IN HIGHER INSTITUTIONS. BAD ONE IS THAT HE SENSITIZED MARKETERS TO INCREASE PRICES BY ANNOUNCING SALARY RAISE FOR ELECTION PURPOSE ONLY TO ADD 900NAIRA. THE MARKET BECAME WORSE FOR GOVERNMENT WORKERS BY THE INCREASE IN FUEL PRICE. BIG KUDOS FOR RAIL TRANSPORT. HE SHD WORK ON CORRUPTION
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Demdem(m): 2:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
Austinodark: why wil u care abt OBJ when he is same tribe with you

Do u understand the post u qouted at all?
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by baysol: 2:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
A lot......of nada.He must leave the helms of power forthwith Mr corruption and nepotism.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by dabossman(m): 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2013
Ehm, let me see...., He sent soldiers onto the streets of Lagos to stop a peaceful and lawful protest..., in a democracy. Yes, that he did.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Hearme(m): 2:57pm On Jan 25, 2013
THE MAN TRY. BUT IT IS ALL FOR THE SAKE OF 2015. NA SO NIJA POLITICIANS THEY DO. ELECT ANOTHER PERSON BY A 2015 MAKE HE COME TRY TO. SECOND TERM NA MONEY THEM THEY CHOP. NA SO OBJ DO. WHEN HE COME DEY FIND 3RD TERM MONEY FLOW FOR POLITICIANS POCKET. WHEN HE LOOSE RIBADU INDICT 31 GOV WEY DEY FREE.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Hearme(m): 3:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
ALL THIS POWER SUPPLY STORY FOR OTHER STATES. ME NO SEE DIFFERENT FOR EKO ONI BAJE O. NA SO SO GENERATOR EVERY WHERE. EVEN NOW NO LIGHT FOR MY SIDE. NA WHO DEY BRIBE NEPA, DEY DECEIVE US WITH POPULATION FOR LAGOS. ABI KANO NO PLENTY AGAIN.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by JonCina(m): 3:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
I hear he sets up committee everywhere but in my place, i am yet to see or hear any committee set up by the federal govt. not to talk of seeing anything the federal govt. has done for us.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by SlyIg(f): 3:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
Demdem:

i live in the present not the past. u can chose otherwise. better still open a thread for that. over here we are talking about a govt with so much resources and very little deeds to boast of.
You're actually one of the few persons i respect so much on this forum. I don't want to hold a long arguement with you. Just be patient and remain calm. If the past govt had tried like this man, Nigeria would've been in a better shape now. Just give him some time. He is working, just that critics have completely ruin him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

$2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges / Niger Governor Sani Bello Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Anambra Chief Judge In Land Grabbing Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.