Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,099 members, 7,973,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:00 AM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (262328 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 3:58pm On May 20, 2013
That 1peter 3:7, it boldly said women are the weaker vessels. Now to me, I no go like think say women weak o, bt I no go gree woman wey neva do half of wetin man fit do come dey open mouth dey say she be my equal!. Na lie
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 4:03pm On May 20, 2013
passionate88: That 1peter 3:7, it boldly said women are the weaker vessels. Now to me, I no go like think say women weak o, bt I no go gree woman wey neva do half of wetin man fit do come dey open mouth dey say she be my equal!. Na lie

Do you know what that meant?

The bible refers to our physical bodies as vessels that why you have the concept of 'vessels unto honour', 'keeping our bodies holy and acceptable' etc

An average 25yr old woman is physically weaker than a 25yr old man.

Don't you think that for women to be 'weaker', men are 'weak'?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Mutaino7(m): 4:24pm On May 20, 2013
bukatyne:
Who made the gender unable to walk at that time? A natural disability?

Which gender can be stranded under the rain and not get a lift grin

who gvs d lift.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Mutaino7(m): 4:33pm On May 20, 2013
bukatyne:

I am not twisting premises. I am just pointing out that that statement was not sensible.

Where in the bible did God state men and women are not equal?

Animals and Adam from created from the soil, are they equal? If you have going down that route, then women should be superior because they are made from finished product grin
Sisco man was made in Gods image. 2. He was put in charge of all dat was in the garden and made master over it. When sin came God declared man as the head.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Mutaino7(m): 4:46pm On May 20, 2013
This is how i view women. God made them 4rm the rib*note they weren't made 4rm the foot*. Rib serves as a protection 4 the lungs and heart. Its just below the shoulder and the head according to anatomy. This is where female caring nature comes in place. Although protecting the inner organs the head is above it and the head*brain included* as the central nervous system controls the whole body.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 4:48pm On May 20, 2013
Mutaino7:
who gvs d lift.

Mutaino7:
Sisco man was made in Gods image. 2. He was put in charge of all dat was in the garden and made master over it. When sin came God declared man as the head.
Gbam.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 4:56pm On May 20, 2013
Mutaino7:

Read Gen 1 : 26 - 31
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 4:57pm On May 20, 2013
Mutaino7: This is how i view women. God made them 4rm the rib*note they weren't made 4rm the foot*. Rib serves as a protection 4 the lungs and heart. Its just below the shoulder and the head according to anatomy. This is where female caring nature comes in place. Although protecting the inner organs the head is above it and the head*brain included* as the central nervous system controls the whole body.

Let's talk of God's view
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 5:00pm On May 20, 2013
bukatyne:

Do you know what that meant?

The bible refers to our physical bodies as vessels that why you have the concept of 'vessels unto honour', 'keeping our bodies holy and acceptable' etc

An average 25yr old woman is physically weaker than a 25yr old man.

Don't you think that for women to be 'weaker', men are 'weak'?
u don follow call women weak. Na wa o.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Mutaino7(m): 5:09pm On May 20, 2013
Moremi made history not as a feminist but by playing a submissive role. She was captured upon d demise of oranmiyan and made a slave. Beauty was what got her the attention of the invaders king who made her a queen. With her feminine charm she was able to dig out d secret of their scary look which she made proper use of to benefit the IFE people. If she had proclaim herself as equal she wud av lost the opportunity of helping her people.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 5:10pm On May 20, 2013
passionate88: u don follow call women weak. Na wa o.

I did not call women weak. The Bible said it in 1 Pet 3 : 7
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 5:15pm On May 20, 2013
cmega123: FEMINISM...
Outside marriage, the law protects women. You can be whatever you want to be.

That's is the gist!,If they are equal,then why should one side be protected?why?

And what or whom are they protecting them from?

We are not equal8)bite metongue
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Mutaino7(m): 5:18pm On May 20, 2013
bukatyne:

Let's talk of God's view
Christ the head of the church and Man the head of the house*dats the bible 4 u sisco* y do u think woman who perform duties worthy of men are called man eg Simbi beat Ali she wud b referred to as tom*boy*. She took d death of her husband lyk a man wud, which shows that she aint weepy weepy lyk a normal wud.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Mutaino7(m): 5:22pm On May 20, 2013
bukatyne:

Read Gen 1 : 26 - 31
Read Gen 3 : 16 - 17. When u're done buy me fan choco yorghurt as a thank u.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 5:22pm On May 20, 2013
Mutaino7:
Christ the head of the church and Man the head of the house*dats the bible 4 u sisco* y do u think woman who perform duties worthy of men are called man eg Simbi beat Ali she wud b referred to as tom*boy*. She took d death of her husband lyk a man wud, which shows that she aint weepy weepy lyk a normal wud.

What do you think being the head of the home means
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 5:24pm On May 20, 2013
Mutaino7:
Read Gen 3 : 16 - 17. When u're done buy me fan choco yorghurt as a thank u.

That was the result of the sin Adam and Eve committed. It was their punishment.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 20, 2013
bukatyne:

So are you saying that the husband is not the head of his family in cultures bride price is not paid? The headship of a man has nothing to do with bride price.

It's either equal or not equal.
I didn't say that. Brideprice is just a token to show headship to me. I didn't say that is what it means to everyone. See, you cannot change what God has ordained. God made man the head. Paul said, "As Christ is the Head of the church, the man is the head of the woman." They are not equal, but that does not stop a woman from becoming what she wants to become.
Question: Is the fan and the light equal? The answer is no, because they do not have the same function.
Whether you like it or not, the man is the leader in the house.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 5:36pm On May 20, 2013
cmega123:
I didn't say that. Brideprice is just a token to show headship to me. I didn't say that is what it means to everyone. See, you cannot change what God has ordained. God made man the head. Paul said, "As Christ is the Head of the church, the man is the head of the woman." They are not equal, but that does not stop a woman from becoming what she wants to become.
Question: Is the fan and the light equal? The answer is no, because they do not have the same function.
Whether you like it or not, the man is the leader in the house.

Dear, I never said a man is not the head or leader but it is not the way it's perceived by people. It's an obligation and not A RIGHT.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Mutaino7(m): 5:38pm On May 20, 2013
It pains me dat the 21st century women don't know how to play their cards right. There is a saying that behind a successful Man there is a woman. Barak willingly gave Deborah as the victory glory cause she did what a general wud av done* note she was a prophet and also a wife* Women has history wud av been blessed wit wat i called attention mark. U play ur game/duty wisely Men we beg 4 ur feet. No wonder married women loose their husband to gals who knws how 2 stroke chief ego*it include evri man*
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Mutaino7(m): 5:41pm On May 20, 2013
bukatyne:

That was the result of the sin Adam and Eve committed. It was their punishment.
It became a law cause sin spread tru Man's seeds. Xcept u fall 4rm heaven which i doubt then u're free 4rm sin.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 5:45pm On May 20, 2013
Mutaino7: It pains me dat the 21st century women don't know how to play their cards right. There is a saying that behind a successful Man there is a woman. Barak willingly gave Deborah as the victory glory cause she did what a general wud av done* note she was a prophet and also a wife* Women has history wud av been blessed wit wat i called attention mark. U play ur game/duty wisely Men we beg 4 ur feet. No wonder married women loose their husband to gals who knws how 2 stroke chief ego*it include evri man*

I don't understand you
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 5:48pm On May 20, 2013
Mutaino7: It pains me dat the 21st century women don't know how to play their cards right. There is a saying that behind a successful Man there is a woman. Barak willingly gave Deborah as the victory glory cause she did what a general wud av done* note she was a prophet and also a wife* Women has history wud av been blessed wit wat i called attention mark. U play ur game/duty wisely Men we beg 4 ur feet. No wonder married women loose their husband to gals who knws how 2 stroke chief ego*it include evri man*

Mutaino7:
It became a law cause sin spread tru Man's seeds. Xcept u fall 4rm heaven which i doubt then u're free 4rm sin.
mutaino mutaino. Where u dey since?. Or u sef na ghostmode follower b4 bt this "feminism" issue draw u out from hiding?. Thank God for u.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 5:49pm On May 20, 2013
bukatyne:

I don't understand you
u understand am very well, u just dey confuse on wat to reply.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by rubi96(f): 5:50pm On May 20, 2013
omo see war of sexes laugh wan finish me grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Mutaino7(m): 5:59pm On May 20, 2013
passionate88:

mutaino mutaino. Where u dey since?. Or u sef na ghostmode follower b4 bt this "feminism" issue draw u out from hiding?. Thank God for u.
People who dont know me deep see me as an introvert but my folks and friends knows what arouse my alter xter.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Mutaino7(m): 6:13pm On May 20, 2013
rubi96: omo see war of sexes laugh wan finish me grin grin grin grin grin
It aint war but confusion of sex, nd westernization to civilization. Y do u think d middle easterners and the easterners are not in accord wit the westerners. My female folks here in Africa av 4gotten dat civilization started in Africa* Egypt * and i stand corrected. Westernization is what i called cultural colonialism.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by causewahala: 6:27pm On May 20, 2013
bukatyne:

Where in the bible did God state men and women are not equal?

causewahala:

1 Cor 11:3

@ this junction, I would like to assert I'm your superior till you counter otherwise!

bukatyne:

Yes, it's the golden rule in the bible
Are you comparing cheating your wife, breaking your martial vows to stinginess and selfishness?

Read Gal 3: 28, 1pet 3: 7

I hope you're home now. I didn't bother reading the verses you quoted since you accepted the golden rule. . . strike 1 goes to moi cool

Talking of comparism, no where did I state on this thread that I'm married neither did I state I was going to cheat on my wife!

I see you're using a lot of conjectures and feminine wiles. . . why am I not surprised?. . . grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 7:08pm On May 20, 2013
causewahala:

I hope you're home now. I didn't bother reading the verses you quoted since you accepted the golden rule. . . strike 1 goes to moi cool

Talking of comparism, no where did I state on this thread that I'm married neither did I state I was going to cheat on my wife!

I see you're using a lot of conjectures and feminine wiles. . . why am I not surprised?. . . grin

The bible verses have nothing to do with question one so please read it. Where did I state that you are married

As for the strikes, we are NOT competing, we are discussing
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 7:12pm On May 20, 2013
rubi96: omo see war of sexes laugh wan finish me grin grin grin grin grin

Dear, there is no war it's just discussion.

Why don't you contribute your views on the subject matter?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 7:29pm On May 20, 2013
causewahala:

Some of ur girls were throwing in the kitchen sink tactics @ feminism so I felt I might as well rep the boys! As per feminism itself, majority of those championing the cause barely understand it. Some guys are set in their way and believe they're all and all(quite archaic reasoning) those of us willing to be partners as we (male & female) mutually deem fit should be encouraged not castigated and lumped along with the others.
If you want to be treated with respect, there're things expected of you, if you meet your obligations and boify's not fulfilling his, then bounce, no be by force!

If I pay all your bills without complaining (particularly when you're empowered financially), don't cry foul if you see me creeping with ur bestie. I'll never lay my hands on you so long as you don't slap me first and start claiming you couldn't control your emotion, or you're a weaker vessel and should be allowed to express youself. . . I go DECK u life! cool Don't expect breakfast in bed if you always talk me into eating out and can't even do the dishes talkless of cooking when you come visiting.

Talking about equality, its simply an illusive idea some female like to cling to to get away with some ish! There's bound to be a head in any institution, bible supports it, society supports it. Whether it naturally belongs to the man is subject for discourse. However, men are doing better job leading, we don't blow salaries on LV bag and shoes, we provide security in terms of finance, physical and otherwise, and that leader(father) figure, I know ladies can equally do some of these but not all. we can do this all day cos I ain' even started yet!

Whatever parameter you choose, guys would still edge out babes! I know there're tasks babes can do guys can't, etc child bearing (talking natural things). There're also tasks reserve for guys naturally, we'd have to weigh it all and come to a midpoint.

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 7:37pm On May 20, 2013
cmega123: FEMINISM... Hmmmmm... In my opinion, feminism, as with other things in life, when taken to the extreme, causes problems. A woman has rights. She is human for crying out loud and not a property. She is a partner and not an inferior slave.
When taken to the extreme, feminism throws submissivenes and respect for one's husband to the dogs. Women would always want to compare with me. There is nothing wrong with that, but when you now see yourselves as equal to your husband, na there problem dey. I am talking in respect of marriage.
Outside marriage, the law protects women. You can be whatever you want to be. There is no height a woman is prevented from, just because she is a woman.

I could not have said it better....
The issue is that feminists want to conquer that last bastion of society - MARRIAGE
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by causewahala: 7:48pm On May 20, 2013
bukatyne:

The bible verses have nothing to do with question one so please read it. Where did I state that you are married

As for the strikes, we are NOT competing, we are discussing

You're just looking for someone to be going back and forth with. . . I kukuma get ur time 2night so lets continue! grin

Remember you asked for proof of male being the head from the bible which I gave, I noticed you accepted that as a golden rule, does that not pre-suppose that you conceed the fact that male is the head or you have a separate rationale for real life apart from the bible. . . lemmie take it a step further. . .

. . . Are u questioning the bible's authority and by inference God's? grin

That one dey between you and baba God.

As per your own verses, the only one that holds water a bit is the 2nd one, since the first one can be said to be a sub set of the 'golden rule' grin

As per that 2nd verse, u do realise u can't stand toe to toe with me, if I have to grant you concession as the weaker vessel? undecided

My dear, with me what u give is what u receive, I could be gangsta and boorish like that and I could be an over pampering gentleman. . . na u go dictate how we go relate by your personality and action towards me.

Btw, I'm enjoying our discourse!

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (181) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / If You Talk To Girls In These 3 Ways, They Will Fall Crazily In Love With You / My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.