Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,380 members, 7,910,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 08:26 PM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (259949 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 1:16pm On May 18, 2013
passionate88: God create u wit stretch marks ni?, u no fit shave d hairs 4 ya body?. Abegi. U fit justify yaself 4 oda ppl side bt as 4 me, I knw say u b

Passionate please come and enlighten me on this topic:Causes of stretchmarks. Since its not natural.lol

Shaving the hairs off abi?So there is a solution afterall?.Where are the dentists o!? You are highly needed here!

This is becoming interesting!
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by causewahala: 2:27pm On May 18, 2013
carmy and passion, make una call us when time reach oooh! grin This una e-beef abi na romance seems to be waxing stronger by the post! cheesy
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 10:05pm On May 18, 2013
Hi everyone especially carmiedoll kiss

Let's have a debate:

Has feminism caused more problems that what it tried to solve?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 18, 2013
^^^ A lot of black men have over exaggerated feminism. They blame it on everything black women do or think that they do not like or agree with.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 10:11pm On May 18, 2013
Subomi-luv:
^^^ A lot of black men have over exaggerated feminism. They blame it on everything black women do or think that they do not like or agree with.

How so?

please explain
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 18, 2013
One thing about human beings is that we always love to eat our cake and have it. Feminism has its own advantages and disadvantages. On the average, i'll say the advantages are more than the disadvantages. Infact, IF MANAGED WELL, it has almost no disadvantages. But as subomidoll has said, our men over-exaggerate things because their ego is just as mighty as mountain kilimanjaro. They want a lady who looks sexy in the house even after 4 children, works and contributes to the income of the family, speaks good english and is presentable to the society (all these are characteristics of 21st century women) but they still want to sit down in the sitting room reading newspaper or nairalanding while she does all the cooking, washing, cleaning and taking care of kids. That is what we call "Eating your cake and having it". They cannot have both. If they want a 21st century woman, they have to also become 21st century men. However, in their dictionary, the definition of a 21st century man is "A WEAK MAN WHO HAS NO LIVER INSIDE OF HIM".

However, I have to stress the part where I said "IF MANAGED WELL" because too much of everything is bad. Everything should have limits and we should be able to keep 'feminimism' in the limits of maximizing its benefits and reducing its negative effects. I don't see it as feminism though, i prefer to call it '21st century spirit'. And to say the truth, who really wants to go back to dwell in the 1850's. undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 18, 2013
^^^^You have said it all and better than i could have explained. 1000 000 likes
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by 190: 6:06am On May 19, 2013
yawns

why dont we just proceed to the having s-e-x instead of all these talk talk
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 6:39am On May 19, 2013
carmelion:

Passionate please come and enlighten me on this topic:Causes of stretchmarks. Since its not natural.lol

Shaving the hairs off abi?So there is a solution afterall?.Where are the dentists o!? You are highly needed here!

This is becoming interesting!
so u no knw say na rapid and unnatural growth dey cause stretch mark?, when a gal start to eat all those sweet mouth nd junk food u no knw say stretch mark go dey?, even for guys too when them start to carry iron or heavey things, stretch mark go manifest for their body. Cocoa butter nd other things dey cure stretch marks too. (God no create u with stretch marks, dm no born anybody into this world with stretchy). Talking abt dentists, hw much to just book appointment with dentist for private hospital?, even the teaching hospitals sef na im worse pass cos b4 u go see d doctors nd nurses there na waec, na trainy doctors u go come allow to treat u unsupervised?. I don tell u say make u talk beta thing.
People are born wit bad dentition, people re born fair (yellow), ppl re born short, etc.. So u just hate/dislike ppl just because of the way they are?. I still say na wa to u.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 6:51am On May 19, 2013
Feminism sef una no dey practice am well. Una think say na only for husband house una go start the feminism?, why una no start am nw?, check out most feminists, dm no marry bt dm co-habitate wit man, some dey toast guys, sleep with guys, even do three some, buy things for the guy then dump him and go for other guys wey dm dey admire. Why e b say una go shout feminism yet una go dey talk say una no fit toast men, say men are hunters let them toast me. Na hypocrisy b that na. Shey what a man can do a woman can do better?, no b so una talk?, make una show workin na, no b to stay for house dey type for nairaland say feminism this, men that. If una no understand feminism nd wat it entails make una read am up. I b man, nd I no go like wn e b say if/wn I cm marry woman go cm open her mouth dey talk anyhw wn e b say na only me pay her exorbitant bride price.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 8:18am On May 19, 2013
passionate88: Feminism sef una no dey practice am well. Una think say na only for husband house una go start the feminism?, why una no start am nw?, check out most feminists, dm no marry bt dm co-habitate wit man, some dey toast guys, sleep with guys, even do three some, buy things for the guy then dump him and go for other guys wey dm dey admire. Why e b say una go shout feminism yet una go dey talk say una no fit toast men, say men are hunters let them toast me. Na hypocrisy b that na. Shey what a man can do a woman can do better?, no b so una talk?, make una show workin na, no b to stay for house dey type for nairaland say feminism this, men that. If una no understand feminism nd wat it entails make una read am up. I b man, nd I no go like wn e b say if/wn I cm marry woman go cm open her mouth dey talk anyhw wn e b say na only me pay her exorbitant bride price.
@ passionate,I really don't know why my turnoff is becoming a topic. Perharps you have one of the features.

Well,If that is this case. You have nothing to worry about. No matter how one looks,somebody somewhere likes you like that.

I don't Dig fair guys but are girls not 'dying' for Ramsey Noah,Van Vicker, Majid Michel?

I went for a friend's wedding sometime last year. I could not believe my eyes. Her husband's teeth was so-not-it. When they said "you may now kiss the bride",I closed my eyes and shuddered cos personaly I can't stand it.

But guess what? That's her choice. She is just 21, so its not even a case of desperado.

Talking about stretch marks,I saw a couple's wedding pictures on Bellanaija.The bride was wearing a tube gowns,and her arms and chest were full of aggressive stretch marks. You know those type that looks like a scratch from a wild animal.

But guess what again,you should see the husband was hugging her. He doesn't mind,where as some guys won't even look at a girl twice,once they see those stretch marks.

So, my dear Passionate,one woman's poison,is another woman's meat. I won't discuss this again. Its adding to the volume of this thread and I don't want that.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 8:32am On May 19, 2013
carmelion:
@ passionate,I really don't know why my turnoff is becoming a topic. Perharps you have one of the features.

Well,If that is this case. You have nothing to worry about. No matter how one looks,somebody somewhere likes you like that.

I don't Dig fair guys but are girls not 'dying' for Ramsey Noah,Van Vicker, Majid Michel?

I went for a friend's wedding sometime last year. I could not believe my eyes. Her husband's teeth was so-not-it. When they said "you may now kiss the bride",I closed my eyes and shuddered cos personaly I can't stand it.

But guess what? That's her choice. She is just 21, so its not even a case of desperado.

Talking about stretch marks,I saw a couple's wedding pictures on Bellanaija.The bride was wearing a tube gowns,and her arms and chest were full of aggressive stretch marks. You know those type that looks like a scratch from a wild animal.

But guess what again,you should see the husband was hugging her. He doesn't mind,where as some guys won't even look at a girl twice,once they see those stretch marks.

So, my dear Passionate,one woman's poison,is another woman's meat. I won't discuss this again. Its adding to the volume of this thread and I don't want that.
wetin I dey try talk b say, stick to wetin u talk. Talkin abt me having 1 of those features, hmmm, u miss road o. Me tall, dark, I no go say I handsome (dt 1 dey for d eyes of d beholder). I no get bad teeth, neither bad eyes. So u close eyes nd shudder when ur friend wan kiss her husband eh?, and she dey only 21 yrs old?, God knw wetin u dey think. Ok o. Make u no talk abt am again bt jst for u to knw, I no possess anything wey u dey say u dislike so no dey use am dey cover up cos this na like d 3rd time u don ask person wey question u abt that, e b like say na ur only excuse. I hope wn u see d guy wey possess everything u dey find in a man u go toast am. (as a 21st century feminist)
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 11:06am On May 19, 2013
alutacontinua: They want a lady who looks sexy in the house even after 4 children, works and contributes to the income of the family, speaks good english and is presentable to the society (all these are characteristics of 21st century women) but they still want to sit down in the sitting room reading newspaper or nairalanding while she does all the cooking, washing, cleaning and taking care of kids
while he goes bald...gets a pot bellly, unattractive and all sorts of disease the woman has to deal with angry
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by causewahala: 12:31pm On May 19, 2013
Generalization seems to be the order of the day here. Can any of you come out boldly and tell me these trait is applicable to all Nigerian males? I know a couple of guys who used to do stuffs for their babes way back in school including washing undies. . . na feminist like una tag them WEAKLING back then for assisting their babes. I know a more growing proportion of married guys who help out with daily chores. . . una go sit behind system begin generalize like person wey time leave behind in the 14th century!

Feminist(s) in the house, make una nor worry. That irritable institution called marriage go soon fade into oblivion and cohabitation will be the order of the day!

I go see who una wan form feminist for by then! Mtchew! cool

As for Carmy and her turn offs. . . grin

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by olanje: 12:44pm On May 19, 2013
?

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by olanje: 12:52pm On May 19, 2013
Happy Sunday Feminist
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 1:21pm On May 19, 2013
Omo Daddy354:
Here u are proudly advertising your stupidity. What if the spell fails in years to come{definately it will} and everything crumbles? You are def a weaklin for choosing to rosort to magic instead of convincing her naturally. I pity that young lady and ur upcoming spellbound wedding.
na scam, ignore am..

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Idowuogbo(f): 1:31pm On May 19, 2013
passionate88: wetin I dey try talk b say, stick to wetin u talk. Talkin abt me having 1 of those features, hmmm, u miss road o. Me tall, dark, I no go say I handsome (dt 1 dey for d eyes of d beholder). I no get bad teeth, neither bad eyes. So u close eyes nd shudder when ur friend wan kiss her husband eh?, and she dey only 21 yrs old?, God knw wetin u dey think. Ok o. Make u no talk abt am again bt jst for u to knw, I no possess anything wey u dey say u dislike so no dey use am dey cover up cos this na like d 3rd time u don ask person wey question u abt that, e b like say na ur only excuse. I hope wn u see d guy wey possess everything u dey find in a man u go toast am. (as a 21st century feminist)
No wound me abeg! Lmaooo!
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 6:16pm On May 19, 2013
@passionate,thanks,I have heard you

@bukatyne, kiss,good to see you again.

Hmmmm......this debate hard o. Besides am yet to understand that word 'feminism'
Is it the same things as women liberation?Women empowerment?

Please I need to be cleared before I can contribute. Anybody?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 6:45pm On May 19, 2013
carmelion: @passionate,thanks,I have heard you

Hmmmm......this debate hard o. Besides am yet to understand that word 'feminism'

ok, make I talk am, feminism simply means equality of a woman to a man. In other word, if man dey pay dowry for woman head, woman go fit also pay to marry man. If man dey toast babes, girl fit still toast guys too. If woman dey cook for house, man too go follow dey cook. Shey u don grab am?

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 7:58pm On May 19, 2013
carmelion: @passionate,thanks,I have heard you

Thanks dear

As for feminism, it seems to mean different things to different people. However, some men see 'it' as an affront to their authority (whatever that means).

OK, to keep it simple, do you believe a man and woman are equal?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 8:36pm On May 19, 2013
Whether Men and Women are equal?As in which side?grin

Hmmm......smh, no they are not equal o!..
I believe there is a reason why they were created FIRST. But nevertheless, each gender has its own perculiar role to play.

I believe this topic works hand in hand with women empowerment. This thing started because women were being maltreated by their male counter part. So the society sought to give women a voice,which am in support.

But women should know their limits. Personally,I don't measure shoulders with men,cos most times,it robs someone of her feminity. The only place I would not mind contesting with a man is in maybe academics,every other thing I give way, as long as it doesn't de-humanise me(Violence/battery)
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 8:40pm On May 19, 2013
carmelion: Whether Men and Women are equal?As in which side?grin

Hmmm......smh, no they are not equal o!..
I believe there is a reason why they were created FIRST. But nevertheless, each gender has its own perculiar role to play.

I believe this topic works hand in hand with women empowerment. This thing started because women were being maltreated by their male counter part. So the society sought to give women a voice,which am in support.

But women should know their limits. Personally,I don't measure shoulders with men,cos most times,it robs someone of her feminity. The only place I would not mind contesting with a man is in maybe academics,every other thing I give way, as long as it doesn't de-humanise me(Violence/battery)

OK

Why do you think we are not equal?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 8:49pm On May 19, 2013
I think the question should be,where are we equal?

Is it in strength?

Or in bravery?Courage?

Where please?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Lalalaila(f): 9:57pm On May 19, 2013
To confuse the issue a little I would suggest that men and woman are equal, equally different. just because we might have different paths or roles assigned by gender it does not make one better or above the other wink

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 10:05pm On May 19, 2013
Men and women are not equal.. Men do respect women, but to consider them as equal!, na for where na?. Wetin women fit do?, can u do what a man can do?. Abeg. Make una no watch film or na documentary I go call am come imbibe everything dm talk. Feminism na western culture (e neva even dey fully accepted there sef). I talk am b4 nd I go talk am again, if una wan do d feminism of a thing, make una go d whole 9 yards, no go half way, if u go half way, e just b like wetin Jesus talk, u pt ur hand 4 d plough nd look back u no even fit to b call a woman talk more of feminist.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:01am On May 20, 2013
To be sincere, i still don't get passionate's point. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by temi4fash(m): 2:24am On May 20, 2013
Go listen to a to dis woman stuff abt feminism..

We should all be feminists - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie at TEDxEuston...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hg3umXU_qWc

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (181) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All. / If You Talk To Girls In These 3 Ways, They Will Fall Crazily In Love With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.