Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,121 members, 7,970,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 09:02 AM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (262227 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 08, 2013
I want to read wedding testimonies here...even if u aren't inviting us, just a honest testimony to encourage others to hang on.

Guys, u should be proposing genuinely or entering into true commitment too...we need action than theoriesgrin

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
carmelion:

My dear ,a lot could go wrong in just one minute.Have you seen a marriage without a problem.Personally I have not.Some couples let everyone know that they have a problem, while the matured ones scale through it silently without the world laughing at them. We all might not be on the same page about this(we must not be),but i just want single ladies to know that marriage is not usually what some of us fantasize about.You have to be emotionally matured to carry on.

@bolded... That's my mum for you, some married women will start calling their husband's people (in-laws), shouting here and there letting every persons and anybody know what's wrong, but my mum hardly talk about it... It got to an extend that my dad became cautious (cos she's always quiet) that he stopped doing some things he thinks she doesn't approve of..

Ladies, if you are the nagging kind, please try to tune it down low, if u complain too much that's a lower version of nagging, when you eventually get married, you will upgrade the complains to nagging..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
All these "SPARKS" in this thread is frightening... Is it electric spark, spark plug, sparkling water, or what?.... Where is maya that brought it up?.. Let her come and clear the air around this her "SPARK". grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 08, 2013
Whenever i hear the word "marriage" my heart just skips a bit and get filled with fear,love is a very complicated issue for me,i remember when my aunt was about 31,good job,a car but no man but she was the sweetest person i know,she would cry every night because no man was coming,funny enough a man came along,when they got married,it was war,it was as if they never loved each other,that made me terrified,she has two boys but i'm still scared because i don't think she got married because she loved him..its even scarier for me because i look like an 18 yrs teenager and the funny truth is that i'm close to 30..each time i go out...i get approached by small boys and its so f..king annoying and then really old guys come along also and i wonder what da heck is wrong with me..everyone says i should be grateful for my body including my dad and sometimes i feel the body is not helping..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by realking(m): 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
i seriously need a woman in my life now
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 08, 2013
@realking, good to see one person that honestly declared his interest. Now, remember, this thread was founded on truth, openness, friendliness and maturity, so pls @realking, if u just want a fling or a girl to pass some lonely times with, I believe this thread shud be d wrong place, with all due respect pls, but if u are ready or close to settle down and u are emotionally ready to handle it, then politely send some female members a PM so it doesn't look childish.

Note: I am not trying to play bouncer here pls, only helping to put people right cos most of the ladies who frequent here sound so wonderful, focused and prepared to love and be loved genuinely and are also prepared for lifetime commitment, so take them serious or check other hook up or youth love and romance threads on this section. I believe there are many girls on this forum, especially on this section ready to explore no-future-bound romantic endeavour, just be a regular n u will discover them with time incase u want just a girl and not for true commitment.

I hope I didn't offend u? Pls sorry if I did, just ignore it if it sounds harsh, tnks
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 08, 2013
Double post

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by realking(m): 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2013
@Dailynews, thanks 4 ur prompt response. i really mean my words. this is all i can say 4 now.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
realking: @Dailynews, thanks 4 ur prompt response. i really mean my words. this is all i can say 4 now.
welcome realking. Now I would suggest u go underground so it doesn't look childish like I said earlier. You must had been admiring one or two persons, kindly send them a PM and pls make sure they won't regret befriending u if they decide to plz n plz.

You can invite us when it gets serious. Don't be in a haste but be committed and serious abt it, may God help u get ur desire and I wish u best of lucksmiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by realking(m): 8:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
@Dailynews, let us see how it goes. i hv realy digested all ur advice and that of amazing carmelion b4 hving d courage to say this here. cheers.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
nbright: All these "SPARKS" in this thread is frightening... Is it electric spark, spark plug, sparkling water, or what?.... Where is maya that brought it up?.. Let her come and clear the air around this her "SPARK". grin
lol.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by chichi254: 11:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hmmmm! I'm so overwhelmed! I don't even knw wher 2 strt 4rm. U all are awesom. I realy apreciate ur advice. It shows how much u care. I noticed dat almost evry1 wish dat i adjust my list. Its ok. I'll try though its not gonna be easy @ all.
But i must tell u that there are some that i may not be able 2 adjust. Eg intelligence, i dont mean that he must be a university graduate (becos being a graduate doesnt guarantee intelligence) but he has 2 be very sound intellectually(graduate or no graduate).
Then d church issue, d fact is that i don't feel spiritualy fulfilled whenevr i attend any other church on sunday. Am not being fanatical at all. In fact, some pastors/G.Os. of other churches are among my mentors, eg Rev. D.K. Odukoya, Bishop Oyedepo etc. I admire their spirituality but so much in lov wit my church.
Someone agreed not 2 allow me 2 be attendin my church while he attends but i cant imagine goin seperate ways wit my husband on sundays. How long would he tolerate such? Wat then happens 2 our kids? Gosh! I foresaw confussion in d marriage n refused. I may sound nuts but i cant help it....

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ayodot(m): 12:41am On Mar 09, 2013
missblanche:
its even scarier for me because i look like an 18 yrs teenager and the funny truth is that i'm close to 30..each time i go out...i get approached by small boys and its so f..king annoying and then really old guys come along also and i wonder what da heck is wrong within me..everyone says i should be grateful for my body including my dad and sometimes i feel the body is not helping..
lol.. funny truth indeed. but I can assure u, its a very good thing... I, for like such and I know some other guys do. Not to worry, u will meet him very soon.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 10:37am On Mar 09, 2013
Wow.... Long time, and I see say una dey busy discussing how to do things... I like that, keep it up guy/ladies... Big ups to the contributors..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 09, 2013
Sincerely, I had been following this thread from the start.

Its good to see carmellion if am ryt, coming out to do this. Honestly, I don't think av gotten such guts.
And to the rest of the single ladies on the team. I really say job well done to u guys too.

Daily news thanks for sticking in the thread too and helping with the prospective suitors.

Wishing everyone happiness. We all shouldn't forget there's no happy home Without troubles from the start. So what each aand everyone is experiencing now is for the better.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2013
@ayodot, passionate (u disappeared n abandoned our project, that's bad of u, anyway, welcome back at last), candygosh, you are most highly welcome. Sure Carmelion deserves an award for this thread, I have said it over n over n will say it again.

One of the few threads on nairaland romance section without a fight, no insults, everyone act so matured and civil, courtesy of how the owner, Carmelion carried herself n led by example.

And I do pray and hope this thread enlighten more single ladies n guys too, and also bring their desires to fulfillment according to God's will.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
@missblanche, what u explained abt yourself is a plus to u as a woman. I like it. There are several disadvantages when a lady grows so rapidly beyond her age or will I say when she looks older than her age, it is better for her to look younger than her age ok?

So be happy cos u seem to be a popular demand, and maybe in d wrong location/environment, u will be discovered soon by d right people, hang on cheerfullysmiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
Chichi, plz don't tell me there are no good guys in other churches, and don't tell me that u only get fulfilled spiritually in one denomination cos that sounds like a human doctrine than a spiritually led one. All churches are created by human beings, the only one solid foundation upon which everyone who wishes to follow the footsteps of Jesus Christ should walk upon is: The Holy Bible. Don't let all these human doctrines in the form of churches mar your life joy, God is one, and God doesn't dwell in one church or place, He dwells wherever that's holy, sacred and clean, and such places isn't found only in one church, chichi pls free your mind pls
chichi254: Hmmmm! I'm so overwhelmed! I don't even knw wher 2 strt 4rm. U all are awesom. I realy apreciate ur advice. It shows how much u care. I noticed dat almost evry1 wish dat i adjust my list. Its ok. I'll try though its not gonna be easy @ all.
But i must tell u that there are some that i may not be able 2 adjust. Eg intelligence, i dont mean that he must be a university graduate (becos being a graduate doesnt guarantee intelligence) but he has 2 be very sound intellectually(graduate or no graduate).
Then d church issue, d fact is that i don't feel spiritualy fulfilled whenevr i attend any other church on sunday. Am not being fanatical at all. In fact, some pastors/G.Os. of other churches are among my mentors, eg Rev. D.K. Odukoya, Bishop Oyedepo etc. I admire their spirituality but so much in lov wit my church.
Someone agreed not 2 allow me 2 be attendin my church while he attends but i cant imagine goin seperate ways wit my husband on sundays. How long would he tolerate such? Wat then happens 2 our kids? Gosh! I foresaw confussion in d marriage n refused. I may sound nuts but i cant help it....
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Bec(f): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
Hello Dolls.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Bec(f): 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
missblanche: I remembered one crazy relationship i had and all i did was hurt cus the bastard involved was never satisfied with whatever i did,he always wanted money,always accused me of cheating,even went as far as isolating me...i just respected myself and took a very long run and never looked back..
I had a similar experience. It is well
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by 190: 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2013
See all them single ladies waiting-
Una go wait tey grin grin
Listen up ladies lemme give you some secrets
Most men or would I say men of nowadays have seen it all in a woman
I'm gna use myself as a typical case-study
I've seen it all in women, I've dated, the good,bad,dropdead Gawjus and even the ugly

Now believe me when I say - most men of nowadays prefer someone who would make them stay in a relationship, someone who has something to-offer, someone who has something to-bring up-to the table, relationships has gone beyond s-e-x, patience, been faithful or calling your man 24/7

We men question ourselves each time, we ask ourselves can we spend the rest of our lives with this woman, most a times we always go for the s-e-x incase she turns out been a d1ckhead then atleast there no lost love none found cos the s-e-x been there already but when women cry out and say he's a flirt, he's dating another girl, have u asked your self what he saw in that girl that he probably didn't see in you.
Women just think, cleaning ur man, having s-e-x been faithful is all there is to- a relationship, how do you motivate him, not just in words but actions- if he's broke how many times have u shared the little with him, I've seen a lady who once took her boyfriends cv and helped him search for a job while he did the same thing they say 2heads are better than one but how many ladies today can do that.
The useless ones are probably thinking of how to-milk the man dry and the dumb ones who think relationship is all about cooking,sleeping,having s-e-x and been faithful would seat in the house looking at the ceiling while your man wanders around the streets, he begins 2question himself - is this girl not a slowpoke that seats and waits while I run-around trying 2better our future that is for those of you who's ex'bfs were yet 2get a job.

Have u ever thought u could date someone make him a better person and he'l end up dumping you- what have u ladies ever done 2grow your respective men that you seat down here and whine about been single -dumbphucker's - it pisses me off when I see women complain that men are wicked and all other hypocritical BS - some other ladies like one I heard who schools at lagos state poly and dated a dude recently had issues with her man would go around telling everyone what was going on in her relationship there by opening up all avenues for silly gist and discussions and at last the guy questioned himself asking should this lady be in my house she definately would do the same going around and narating things about, so before your single ar-ses decide 2come here and cry 24/7 about been single - go and check yourselves cos u are single for a phucking reason and not just cos ure good enough-

If we men see a good thing we appericiate it, not demanding for money from your man isn't enough- how have u helped your man grow and become a better person is what we men want in a lady -

Sillies

3 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Winneygirl(f): 1:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
DailyNews: Winneygirl, lol, remember that this is "single ladies" thread and not 'single guys'? I hope you know that? But if you invite us, no problem...but me, to be honest, I don't have a long list; .

Bros DailyNews, good thing U said U are nt ready....because dat Ur list ehn...e get as e be....

Dat goodlooking-friendly-Smiling babe might not just be d 'her' U seek.

@190, U are sooo on point....I wud've have commended U more if U had used cleaner words. Then U wud've created a beta impression of Urself.

So, just like a good man needs a woman who will support him, help him grow and achieve his dreams, we (at least I cn speak 4 myself) need a man dat wud support our dreams, help us reach full potential, while profering caution if we try 2go overboard.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
First of all, welcome Mr. 190. You know, like I always say- I like u, u are amongst the few regular users of this forum that I find real and interesting. I like u cos u are a clown, a comedian, and fearless person n u scold people in a humorous way, nice of u. Now, the only place I need u to make adjustments is name-calling. Dnt call the ladies names cos they are ur sisters, adorable female cousins and maybe nieces and aunts.

Sometimes I feel the ladies are bad, but not all, I began to realize that the guys too are bad by default.

But on a more realistic note, your points are valid. In the past, men didn't care about what their girlfriends bring into their lives, they only cared about sex and house keeping like u said.

But as time went, more and more ladies got more empowered financially and career-wise even more than the guys, hence, fewer eligible bachelors now exist when it comes to financial eligibility though. So to say, guys began to question deep in their hearts; what has this girl I am dating been contributing in my life development aside sex?

Like 190 said, not demanding money from ur boyfriend or fiancee isn't just enough, strive to add value to his life and don't listen to ladies who cook up bad stories of how they helped a guy and he ditched them after he became the president. See, while helping him achieve his dream, dnt humiliate him or go around announcing it cos the air, the bushes hear and it will sure get to him somehow.

Don't go sleeping around to get money to give him hoping to please n convince him to marry or stick with u, nature will definitely pay u back.

If u dnt have money, don't borrow to please him or sleep around to get money to give him, just be real, like 190 said, help him submit his cv wherever u hear abt job, give him helpful info cos ladies most times have access to helpful info.

Tell people around u or those u know that can help him to assist him, n believe me, d guy won't play with u and even if he dares, his friends won't allow that, and that's y its important for u to know his true friends and get familiar with them too.

Pls, take the good part of 190 advice, be a value to your man, relationship or marriage isn't about bring bring, give me, give me, u shud equally think of what value to give too, and be positive there are plenty guys out there ready to celebrate u a virtuous womansmiley

4 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
Bec:
I had a similar experience; thank God I'm wiser now. I'll wait for the man who deserves my love and kindness.
Tis well dear.
One doesn't get wise twice. Its once.
While you are waiting for the one who deserves you too, you can also get actively involved in other things who knows...that thing might just be ur saving grace
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2013
Winney, mine isn't difficult naa...just goodlooking and attractive to me that's all. And then a lady who frowns always or who doesn't smile can hardly get me interested cos I will always be scared of her n wondering y she is frowning. Smiling can deceive me, yes but I love ppl who smile cos I smile a lot. Ppl who frown all the time look older and they age easily with wrinkled face. So if she has a PhD, glory be to God, if she has only SSCE, no problem. If she lives in one small hamlet, no problem, if she comes from a royal family, glory be to God.

But she needs to be productive at least, not that I need a kobo from her, but to ensure she can handle life even without me. So she must have a handwork, a business, a career or something positive doing that she is dedicated to and not just fooling around, that's all. I forgot, I love disciplined ladies who don't go chatting around with every tom d and harry
Winneygirl:

Bros DailyNews, good thing U said U are nt ready....because dat Ur list ehn...e get as e be....

Dat goodlooking-friendly-Smiling babe might not just be d 'her' U seek.

@190, U are sooo on point....I wud've have commended U more if U had used cleaner words. Then U wud've created a beta impression of Urself.

So, just like a good man needs a woman who will support him, help him grow and achieve his dreams, we (at least I cn speak 4 myself) need a man dat wud support our dreams, help us reach full potential, while profering caution if we try 2go overboard.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by realking(m): 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2013
@DailyNews, where are they? they are not responding. happy weekend.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
realking: @DailyNews, where are they? they are not responding. happy weekend.
hello realking, pls u shud knw that today is saturday, so not all ladies will be free today remember Clean up, house chores, etc...so give them time and again, be more visible here n be open n honest with ur contributions.

Above all, dnt make it look like u are desperate cos ladies are always scared of desperate guys and I know u aren't desperate so take it slow and gradually observe them and get familiar with the one u cherish her way most.

Dnt forget that the ladies here aren't just desperate for a man cos no matter how ugly a lady looks, she do have suitors but maybe they dnt suite her taste, so dnt expect them to just say- YES YESEssss grin just enjoy your moment here n with time u will get familiar with d best cos they aren't many like in real life toosmiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2013
And again, to bring some good news to the house, one of my secondary school mates and a close friend will be saying yes I do to his soulmate, they met last xmas through an introduction during the xmas in d village, and he just saw the lady and fell for her and they entered into a serious courtship though both live far away, but thank God for phone and internet. He went last week to do the traditional stuffs, though it was very costlygrin but he did it anyway, lol.

So by next month, they will be walking to d altarsmiley

In another development, one of my elder brothers will also be tying it with his long time girlfriend/fiancee (7yrs of loving and enviable courtship) next month.

And finally, a very close friend got a yes I will marry u from a lady he asked to marry him last 2 months, so theirs will soon happen too.

Note: all these ladies are in their late twenties and early thirties, so to say- ppl are really marrying the thirty ladies and I love those age toosmiley funny though, but I can't marry a girl below 25yrs for reasons best known to me. Good newsgrin

3 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by realking(m): 2:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
i suscribe to not marring a girl below 25yr, also wil not marry undergraduate(she must hv finished school though must not be a working class). this is based on real life experience. cheers.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
realking: i suscribe to not marring a girl below 25yr, also wil not marry undergraduate(she must hv finished school though must not be a working class). this is based on real life experience. cheers.

I bet you guys have your reasons. Aand I think I do understand to some extent why you guys can't.

One thing am holding on to in the post is "experience"
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
candygosh:

I bet you guys have your reasons. Aand I think I do understand to some extent why you guys can't.

One thing am holding on to in the post is "experience"

candy?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
@daily news am so glad. To hear people tying nuptials today.
Presently am at an aunty-like sister who is also legalizing her yes today.
Its pretty cool. And I'd say everyone has their time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (181) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / If You Talk To Girls In These 3 Ways, They Will Fall Crazily In Love With You / My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.