Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,120 members, 7,970,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 09:01 AM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (262227 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Ivynwa(f): 2:08am On Mar 08, 2013
DailyNews: @chichi, sorry to say that u weren't really objective or will I say specific. Tall could mean diff things to diff ppl. Now when u say taller than u, is it 5ft7, 5ft8, 6ft, etc or what? That's by the way.

Now, again ur taste is kind of too high, and if this is how and what all our ladies have as their dream man, then so many guys and ladies will definitely end up in unhappy relationship and marriage.

The probability of finding him is 0.0005, very slim. You have to be more realistic pls.

He should be a member of your church As in if u are an Anglican church member, he must be Anglican too And must also come from your state And must not be fair Oh Chichi, that's way too much dnt u think so

Be open, start now to make adjustments ok? Fair guys aren't bad, and neither are dark skinned guys bad too, but be more open.

Now, you need to be attending your tribe's ppls weddings and ceremonies, make yourself more visible, lying down on d bed can't get u that guy. And it mustnt come from the internet cos most ladies nowadays seem to have this conviction that he must be on the internet, come on, he mustnt be online, so dnt ignore those around u too.

Will be back....more to come...we are going into practical class here and practical questions are welcome but pls no insults or use of demeaning words pls.

The bolded here is exactly what came to my mind when i read Chichi's list.
Chichi that your list is almost the tall, dark, handsome Lamar Odom kinda dream man that most girls see in their Cinderella dream land . Hahaha grin
Your Prince may come riding looking tall dark and handsome but Babes does he have to be from your state of origin, your kind of church too etc?. You need to open your eyes beyond the horizon, if you meet a non Nigerian you like very much or even a Nigerian you like that isn't from your state----do you mean that you will not give him a chance to get to know him because he isn't from your state and church? Your list made me realize that you are a young hearted woman even if you are a 39years old (i don't know your age group but girl open those eyes).

Thank Goodness for this thread some of these sweet hearted young women needs these "Dailynews" sweet chaperoning and all the nice and educative discussions going on in this thread in order to open their minds more.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by temi4fash(m): 6:30am On Mar 08, 2013
@DN
u d bomb ooo.. like d job u doin here bro.. mote grace to elbow..

@chichi i c dis ur list fear catch m ooo.no offence

I dont believe a spark must always occur or blood rush in ma head cos i saw some one. M belief dat stuffs will always takes it natural cause. d only gf i av ever had i didnt lik her at first but i got d green lyt so i went for her but i just decided i must make dis thing work n i found ma self likin her more dan she liked m self.. we still very gud friends. So m belief spark or no spark if both parties really work at it... den it can and will work.
One power a lot of us underestimate is d Power of Choice...
D spark only makes d decision easier but it dos not guarantee dat d person wuld b dat person we av always wished for..
mehn May God help us ooo...

Now let introduce d spiritual dimension.
I recommend dis book

Breaking d Yoke of marital delay
by Dr D.K Olukoya.
G.O MFM ministries.

Gud mawnin to d dolls n Men...
Its a friday make una jollificate...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 08, 2013
Goodmorning friends and fellows.

@ivy and temi4, thanks dearies...we are here to tell ourselves the truth, no mincing words.

First of all, @chichi, pls dnt feel bad or upset that everyone is on u, we aren't, we are not condemning u at all, God forbid me doing that, but I only want to make u see reasons as to why your dream man may take too long to materialise.

I wouldn't complain if u say- he must be the same tribe with u, that one is understandable becos it gives u a wider range of option to choose from, but the same state Uh uh...that's way too much my dear pls reconsider this so u can have a wider option.

I know most Christians don't approve white garment churches, so if u cancel that one, I won't have much issues, but aside white garment churches and few of all those other later churches, I believe all other churches are the same. So chichi, cancel that- he must be a member of my church denomination pls n pls. I can 90% tell u that u are a catholic, so chichi he mustnt be a catholic ok?

Now, how often do u attend wedding ceremonies? What about professional seminars and workshops? Do you always move or hang out in midst of your female friends? Then its time to do some detaching from them.

Do u know y white people find love so easily? They are open to love, they have choice of course but they have a portion for amendments or adjustment. If not, why would a pretty Italian lady with money want to date or marry one dark illegal migrant from Africa who don't even have a legal paper to talk of means of income? But becos their heart is white and open, they embrace Africans irrespective of our poor economy and sometimes looks; in order words, they love unconditionally. The age issue, no problem with that but don't cancel out a case u meet a guy below 30yrs or just 30yrs, who truly has genuine interest in u. If he himself doesn't see it as an issue, y should you

I know u want him to be above 30yrs cos of maturity, but do u know that ppl sometimes don't believe I am not up to 30yrs when it comes to reasoning I look very young but highly.....
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 08, 2013
Do you know that- a tall, dark/fair, handsome, rich, God-fearing guy that virtually every Nigerian lady have as her dream man have excess choice or option of women to choose from, even more than the option of men a very pretty, hot, rich, popular lady has?

Such men (if at all they exist cos there must be flaws- he maybe rich and handsome but a womanizer, lack respect for ladies, not trustworthy, etc) are more than a popular demand and they know it cos they get all calibres of women flocking around them on hourly basis, so they might not have someone like u (not necessarily u chichi, but ladies in general) in their list of dream woman, so why go wishing to have someone that doesn't care about ur existence?

If u all would honestly agree with me, any clothe, shoe, etc that made u go gaga to the extent that u moved from one shop to another just to find it and buy, u will agree with me that u easily discard such clothe or item. But those clothe u bought after considering and re-considering and even consultation just becos u don't really fancy it but u needed it, are the clothe u hardly discard and in fact, u always end up liking the clothe the more as days roll by. I don't know for u, but it happens to me.

So waiting to meet a man that will sweep u off your feet like the man that swept Omotola off her feet in one NOLLYWOOD or Mexican film u watched may only be a daydream u need to wake up from to be honest.

Note this: most guys that will sweep u off and make u develop whatever u ladies call a butterfly will most likely jilt u. Such men will most unlikely stay with u cos such a man will obviously have lots of option, unless u meet him luckily when he is not on the mission to find a date. Those popular demand guys are best met outside romance environment for u to stand a greater chance of becoming their best friend. You know why?

Until they like u for something else that isn't just your physical beauty, then u stand no chance of becoming their lifetime partner.

It is better u stumble upon them when they are outside their terrain. So do u really want to place u destiny on luck and fate? No...so do something.

To be continued.....
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by temi4fash(m): 8:09am On Mar 08, 2013
50 gbosa for daily news...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by dagr8(m): 10:27am On Mar 08, 2013
chichi254: well...(shy), simply put, someone whose nature/personality compliments mine. Because som1 may meet up wit most of d criteria yet deep inside u, u knw two of u are like far apart.
Anyways, I wish him 2 b,
*naturaly inteligent n God-fearin,
*complexion....dark
*taller than myself or same height wit me since i'm tall(winks)
*morally very sound
*hardworkin n goal oriented (then 2gether, we r gonna build WEALTH)
*agewise older than me(should be on his thirtees)
*physically flexible(not pot bellied orobo)
*very self confident
*same faith wit me(same church)
*same state
*hmmmm he has 2 be very carin, sensitive n romantic oooo(shyly covers my face)
*etceteraaa
Kai, my dear, dis ur conditions are HIGH o...
Hmmm...How I wish life gives us EXACTLY what we want...but is not...you just av to be flexible and accept d "BEST" that will come.
i wish u all d best smiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by dagr8(m): 10:33am On Mar 08, 2013
simayanki4real:

She was a beauty, & i thought she should have been created by God himself (without help) and on the very first day of creation. Fair, slim, with a black flowing gown & a about an inch-heeled open slippers. I could see her nails, so neat. Her hair well packed...

OMG!...OMG!!...OMG!!! grin grin grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 11:08am On Mar 08, 2013
Hey dolls and of course the guys, TGIF.I have read a lot of comments here concerning one of our sweethearts,chichi24. Honestly you guys have said it all,dailynews,bukaytyne,nbright,temi4fash,youngalex.simiyaki4real.

I also want you to know that what she is feeling is normal for every woman. It is a phase a girl must pass. You know we women dream a lot. Some are lucky enough to actualize that dream while other starts to wake up with time .It is normal and it is natural. It’s all part of growing up.

There is nothing you guys will say now that will say to her now that would make her change her mind now. The feeling to change /make some adjustments would only come from deep within. Some girls seriously want to marry someone from their state. My cousin wanted someone from my town not just State, well luckily/unluckily she later did at the age of 31.She has two kids now. There was less pressure for her because her parents supported her. My grandfather refused all the guys that came for my mum and her sister. He said his son in-law must come from my town not just State. Well my mum married at 27, my aunt, at 30.There was less pressure because their dad was in support.

@Chichi, are your parents aware of this your list? , are they in support? even if they are in support ,please I would like to advise you that there is time for everything because they wont be there for ever. There is a time it would get to, you would wish you never listened. I would not tell you remove some things from your list. No, I won’t do that because I have some things on my list too , which are soooo important to me. Nobody can tell me to remove it because I am the only one that understands why I need it.

Please think about what dailynews said ,some things on your list limits your search. Please broaden it.

@ all the single ladies, lets go back to our list whether we like it or not, lets tell our selves the truth, some things there are not so relevant. Lets get our priorities right.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 11:27am On Mar 08, 2013
Now just for the weekend. There are some questions I would post here later in the day.I would be generous enough to include the guys, they have been so helpful with their commentswink

If your answer to more than two of those questions is “noooo” or ,”God forbid” or “it is not my portion”(I wonder whose portion it is then), then am sorry, you are not ready for marriage even if you are 40.

One aspect of getting married is to attain a marriageable age; another aspect is to be ready. So many ladies just start having marriage vibes once they are past 25, but they are not truly ready. Some guys starts getting the message when they are past 30,but they are not ready.

When I post it,as usual, criticism are welcomed. We all here to learn. I have never been married you know

I only learn from people’s experiences and stories.

Later guyssmiley.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Winneygirl(f): 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
All d guys here scrutinizing d Lady's list, we will soon turn d tables.

Get ready to post Ur list soon.

Ladies, let's get ready 4 some serious scrutiny....

DailyNews, nbright...I'm giving you a heads-up....
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 1:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
Winneygirl: All d guys here scrutinizing d Lady's list, we will soon turn d tables.

I think I've stated mine... (in one way or the other in the course of my comments here).. Let me just drop one now ... (1) She shouldn't be a religious fanatic or extremist... (2)
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2013
carmelion: Hey dolls and of course the guys, TGIF.I have read a lot of comments here concerning one of our sweethearts,chichi24. Honestly you guys have said it all,dailynews,bukaytyne,nbright,temi4fash,youngalex.simiyaki4real.

I also want you to know that what she is feeling is normal for every woman. It is a phase a girl must pass. You know we women dream a lot. Some are lucky enough to actualize that dream while other starts to wake up with time .It is normal and it is natural. It’s all part of growing up.

There is nothing you guys will say now that will say to her now that would make her change her mind now. The feeling to change /make some adjustments would only come from deep within. Some girls seriously want to marry someone from their state. My cousin wanted someone from my town not just State, well luckily/unluckily she later did at the age of 31.She has two kids now. There was less pressure for her because her parents supported her. My grandfather refused all the guys that came for my mum and her sister. He said his son in-law must come from my town not just State. Well my mum married at 27, my aunt, at 30.There was less pressure because their dad was in support.

@Chichi, are your parents aware of this your list? , are they in support? even if they are in support ,please I would like to advise you that there is time for everything because they wont be there for ever. There is a time it would get to, you would wish you never listened. I would not tell you remove some things from your list. No, I won’t do that because I have some things on my list too , which are soooo important to me. Nobody can tell me to remove it because I am the only one that understands why I need it.

Please think about what dailynews said ,some things on your list limits your search. Please broaden it.

@ all the single ladies, lets go back to our list whether we like it or not, lets tell our selves the truth, some things there are not so relevant. Lets get our priorities right.

@Carm, I kinda like you because you are a realist...you always say it as it is than say it as they want...and its a plus, keep it up. But then, thats not why I am participating actively on this thread, else, I wouldn't be wasting my time here.

Maybe you guys don't know, by the special grace of God and His wisdom upon me, I have reached out to so many ladies and guys towards changing their priority in relationship and dating, using my literary works. If not for copyright issues that I faced when I first published my first relationship ebook, maybe you guys would have gotten copies...

See, chichi and every other lady reading this need to make some adjustments for good. pls I am not saying chichi is bad, or wrong, or whatever, but I am saying she needs to be more open and realistic. Wonderful don't only exist in her home state and neither are they only found in her Church denomination. See, the church we belong to can't guarantee any of us heaven, righteousness starts first from our individual hearts, and then the church helps to strengthen it, thats all.

Church is for fellowship, spreading the good news about Jesus Christ through good works and living upright, and then for fellowship to keep members strong and going. so don't discriminate pls cos its wrong. Jacob married Rebecca, the daughter of an idol worshipper, Laban. So be wise dear brothers and sisters, don't let anyone fool you in the name of religion, we all are created in the likeness of God with the ability to think and even create. We also have the gift of free-will, so use it well.

Thanks Carm, and plz chichi, we are only using yours as a yardstick for now, others will come up....so don't feel bad, just learn one or two things from our words pls...we care, I personally care and wish more ladies here to be happily married soon, reason for my even thinking of polygamy as an option, not that I support it, but I just want people to be happy in life so they can worship God with their heart and do good in life, which can only come when we are genuinely happy.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2013
chichi254: well...(shy), simply put, someone whose nature/personality compliments mine. Because som1 may meet up wit most of d criteria yet deep inside u, u knw two of u are like far apart.
Anyways, I wish him 2 b,
*naturaly inteligent n God-fearin,
*complexion....dark
*[color=#99taller than myself or same height wit me since i'm tall(winks)
*morally very sound
*hardworkin n goal oriented (then 2gether, we r gonna build WEALTH)
*agewise older than me(should be on his thirtees)
*physically flexible(not pot bellied orobo)
*very self confident
*same faith wit me(same church)
*same state
*hmmmm he has 2 be very carin, sensitive n romantic oooo(shyly covers my face)
*etceteraaa

Character qualities are non-negotiable and you shouldn't compromise them no matter what. However, physical qualities are just that: Physical. No matter how handsome a man is, if he beats you, you wouldn't see his 'handsomeness' anymore. True beauty radiates from the inside to the outside. An 'ugly' husband would be transformed to an Adonis when he loves you and you do too. A change of dressing, comestics, hair cut and perfume is transforming. Certain clothes can make a man look taller, exercise and good kpeusing can make his stomach reduce, your love can make him more self confident and charcoal can make him darker. When he nack you wella in bed, you will forget the state he is from.

I am saying all these so you will know that you can make your husband look like your 'dream man' if you put enough effort but if he possesses all these and is no husband material, pain would make him become very ugly to you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
Winneygirl: All d guys here scrutinizing d Lady's list, we will soon turn d tables.

Winneygirl, lol, remember that this is "single ladies" thread and not 'single guys'? I hope you know that? But if you invite us, no problem...but me, to be honest, I don't have a long list; she just needs to be goodlooking and attractive so I won't cheat, and so when we go out (cos by God's grace I will be going places), she will be able to represent me well smiley

I don't need her to be wealthy or from a rich family cos I don't need anyone's money....not that I am Bill Gates or Dangote or bragging, just that I never and will never wish to plan my family on a woman's money, God will bless me so much that her money will be for her and her own family and for those in need that she may wish to assist.

Generally, what impresses me in a woman may be a very flimsy thing that looks odd- she may be so pretty and what have u and still don't impress me, but seriously, I cherish happy ladies, always smiling and very friendly.

And I wouldn't deny that I haven't been coming across such ladies, of I do see them, but I am a very focused person and I don't like wasting people's time when I know I am not ready to embark on a journey....so for now, I am not ready to embark on any journey....I have some targets I pray to meet before I would dare to embark on any commitment, and I pray to still meet good ladies by then, I pray.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
DailyNews: Winneygirl, lol, remember that this is "single ladies" thread and not 'single guys'? I hope you know that? But if you invite us, no problem...but me, to be honest, I don't have a long list; she just needs to be goodlooking and attractive so I won't cheat, and so when we go out (cos by God's grace I will be going places), she will be able to represent me well smiley

YOU GBAGAUN FOR HERE
PERSIN WEY MARRY HALLE BERRY NO CHEAT ON TOP AM
YOU KNOW WETIN JAY Z DEY DO

EVEN PRINCE CHARLES CHEAT UPON LADY DI

Better still say you will not cheat because of your own principles
Dont hinge marital fidelity on beauty, something so ephemeral

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
bukatyne:

Character qualities are non-negotiable and you shouldn't compromise them no matter what. However, physical qualities are just that: Physical. No matter how handsome a man is, if he beats you, you wouldn't see his 'handsomeness' anymore. True beauty radiates from the inside to the outside. An 'ugly' husband would be transformed to an Adonis when he loves you and you do too. A change of dressing, comestics, hair cut and perfume is transforming. Certain clothes can make a man look taller, exercise and good kpeusing can make his stomach reduce, your love can make him more self confident and charcoal can make him darker. When he nack you wella in bed, you will forget the state he is from.

I am saying all these so you will know that you can make your husband look like your 'dream man' if you put enough effort but if he possesses all these and is no husband material, pain would make him become very ugly to you.
This is a classic response...if your dream man can't find you, find him! If you can't still find him, make the one you have a dream man that other ladies would end up envying, its possible if only you change your mindset @single Ladies....
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
biolabee: quote author=DailyNews] Winneygirl, lol, remember that this is "single ladies" thread and not 'single guys'? I hope you know that? But if you invite us, no problem...but me, to be honest, I don't have a long list; she just needs to be goodlooking and attractive so I won't cheat, and so when we go out (cos by God's grace I will be going places), she will be able to represent me well smiley

YOU GBAGAUN FOR HERE
PERSIN WEY MARRY HALLE BERRY NO CHEAT ON TOP AM
YOU KNOW WETIN JAY Z DEY DO

EVEN PRINCE CHARLES CHEAT UPON LADY DI

Better still say you will not cheat because of your own principles
Dont hinge marital fidelity on beauty, something so ephemeral
Loz, I quite understand you...then you know what Presently, I don't even look around, I don't even wish to, and I am not even in any...even though I do see people I wish to, but for personal discipline, I don't and u may believe or not, but thats it. so I have the discipline and integrity to stick to her only so long as she impresses me.

...and remember, as a man, my wife needs to impress me physically first, before anything else...so I insist that she must be attractive to me....and my own meaning of attractiveness may not be the same with yours....
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
DailyNews: Loz, I quite understand you...then you know what Presently, I don't even look around, I don't even wish to, and I am not even in any...even though I do see people I wish to, but for personal discipline, I don't and u may believe or not, but thats it. so I have the discipline and integrity to stick to her only so long as she impresses me.

...and remember, as a man, my wife needs to impress me physically first, before anything else...so I insist that she must be attractive to me....and my own meaning of attractiveness may not be the same with yours....

Good that you qualified your earlier statement
A womans beauty helps some people but is no absolute guaranty that a man will be faithful
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 2:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
carmelion: Now just for the weekend. There are some questions I would post here later in the day.I would be generous enough to include the guys, they have been so helpful with their commentswink

If your answer to more than two of those questions is “noooo” or ,”God forbid” or “it is not my portion”(I wonder whose portion it is then), then am sorry, you are not ready for marriage even if you are 40.

One aspect of getting married is to attain a marriageable age; another aspect is to be ready. So many ladies just start having marriage vibes once they are past 25, but they are not truly ready. Some guys starts getting the message when they are past 30,but they are not ready.

When I post it,as usual, criticism are welcomed. We all here to learn. I have never been married you know

I only learn from people’s experiences and stories.

Later guyssmiley.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
My mum use to tell me that when you make up your mind to get married, the first you should do is to go to the nearest market and ask them for the special material called ‘tolerance”. I know you will be confused at the moment but that is my mum for you. She has a way of describing things. Call it a sense of humor, you might not be wrong. grin

She said when you buy this special material, you should take it down to your tailor, choose any style you want to sew it. When the tailor is through, put on this robe to see how comfortable it fits .If you feel you wont wear it for long, maybe due to hot weather, or the material would soon be out of fashion, or you feel there is no much room for allowance just incase you grow bigger, please give the tailor back for adjustment.

Until you wear this cloth called tolerance and feel comfortable in it, please, go back to the drawing board.

From my aunt I learnt that you can not fully understand your spouse to be until after marriage. Reasons? People change. Change is the only constant thing in life.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 2:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
Now these are the questions I want us to answer. For each question, I bet you, you know someone it has happened to or you have the story before. We hear these stories everyday you know.

To all the single ladies in the house, you know sometimes, we feel so depressed that we don’t have a man in our lives to call our own. I want to believe that most of us her are ready for marriage, but there is a possibility that most of us are not. Now read this.

1. Do you know that when married, your husband might loose his job, and stay for years without getting another job. Of course the bills has to paid. Where do you get money from? Do you know that things can get so bad you will relocate to the village, I mean no money to buy common lip gloss? ARE YOU READY?

2. Do you know that your husband can fall sick (I don’t mean malaria).serious sickness that can see you guys moving from hospital to hospital yet no cure. Of course you are the Mrs., every body would abandon him for you. Have ever visited the hospital perhaps to see a friend? Remember how hospitals smell? Drugs right? The kids needs attention too. How can I forget the bills to be paid? My cousin(mid 30s,with four kids) is in this situation now. Her husband was shot by armed robbers last year. Now his leg has been cut off, after three surgeries, that’s money you know. Stayed more than 5 months in the hospital. His former job requires his legs so much, so that means no more job? Hmmm. ARE YOU READY?

3. Do you know that years into your marriage, you might just discover that your husband ,that your sweetheart you have shared so much is a member of a deadly occult group. In fact he is one of the leaders. We see this always on African magic. You think they are just stories?. Honey they are not, they are real life stories. How do you handle such situation? The shock? The trauma ? To worsen it all , they are about to initiate your fist son and you are supposed to be a Christian right ?ARE YOU READY?

4. Do you know that years into your marriage , a strange woman might just show up at your door with her luggage and a protruding belly/a child, claiming that your darling hubby is responsible? I mean, just a silly mistake from your husband can turn life around. How do you handle it? ARE YOU READY

5. Do you know that your boyfriend, the same guy that pampers you like an egg now can change to a woman beater in the future.? How do you handle it.ARE YOU READY?

6. Do you know that some women have woken up in the morning, only to discover that that their husband ha traveled out of the country, leaving you with the kids? The only thing he dropped for you was short note that says

” Honey, as you are reading this, I would be on my way to Europe. I am going there to look for greener pasture. Nigeria is so hard I feel I won’t make it there. Please take care of the kids I would be back when things are better. Love you”. Hubby.

Did you guys notice anything there? No return date, no contact address, no phone number? How do you cope? ARE YOU READY.

7. Do you know,that your husband can fall a victim of conspiracy in his place of work ?.I mean some people just don’t want him to get to the top. Do you know that they can connive against him and before you know it, your husband is in jail?. Whether he is innocent or not, you don’t know, but the truth remains that you are supposed to be the one making every move to get him out? Can you handle it? ARE YOU READY?

I am asking these questions because some single ladies feel , marriage is a resting place. Please, USE THE RESET BUTTON. It is not .it is just another phase of life with its own problems.

Now I know that some ladies would say ”When I get to the bridge. I will cross it’.or "I will handle the way others are handling it". That is good.But don't forget that many women could not cope anymore they choose to abandon the marriage.Some struggled to cope,and the stress killed them. I believe the knowledge that such things might happen, gives you the privilege to brace up at least a LITTLE and prepare your mind for marriage.It comes with a lot.When married you are now responsible for another person.(Your husband).Expect anything.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2013
Don't just expect anything, expect the best, not the worst and keep your thoughts positive. What if your husband becomes the governor or president, will you be able to handle the fame and power that comes with the position? Other people's mishaps don't have to be your lot too.
I don't think anybody deliberately plans for problems, but we should pray that whatever comes our way, we'll have what it takes to handle it appropriately.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
very deep

carmi

very deep
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
Carm! Carm! Carm! This your write-up is just another wow! Scary, informative, but very true and real! My own brother never knew he would leave this earth so soon. He married very early, in his mid-twenties, was so blessed materially/financially, but just recently, sighs, he was gone in a mystery accident, leaving behind his young wife and kids...thank God he had investments and a coy of his own which his wife who refused to manager several businesses opened for her, is now coping and handling those businesses, including the kids. Though it isn't gonna be easy for her considering the fact that she is still a very young lady in early thirties and now a widow, it sometimes makes me want to cry.

So carm is very right...very right...but what's the way forward
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
Evelyn06: Don't just expect anything, expect the best, not the worst and keep your thoughts positive. What if your husband becomes the governor or president, will you be able to handle the fame and power that comes with the position? Other people's mishaps don't have to be your lot too.

Expect anything,that includes both the worst and best.But naturally everyone expects only the best,just like you said.Of corse,we have to be positive.Forgetting that the worst is not meant for a particular set of people. IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!!!

Yes it is not your portion,now tell me whose portion it is?

My dear ,a lot could go wrong in just one minute.Have you seen a marriage without a problem.Personally I have not.Some couples let everyone know that they have a problem,while the matured ones scale through it silently without the world laughing at them.We all might not be on the same page about this(we must not be),but i just want single ladies to know that marriage is not usually what some of us fantasize about.You have to be emotionally matured to carry on.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ok
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
carmi i dig ur siggy

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 5:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
DailyNews:

So carm is very right...very right...but what's the way forward

The way forward is to be emotionally prepared.let me share a story with you

When I was in my final year,one guy from my village ,just came back from his base(spain)and spread the word that he was looking for a wife.You know how guys do their thing.I have an uncle who was kinda close to him so he refered him to me. I met the guy,he was okay in terms of appearance .My uncle told me in confidence that I should make sure I hook this guy.He said he knew him right before he traveled out,so I should go ahead, that he is a nice person,besides,he is very wealthy with a lot of landed properties in his name.

Everything my uncle said was very true but I discovered that we are going to have one problem. Distance or should I say sex?

His plan was to marry me,put me in the family way.take me to his mum,while he travels back and from then starts processing my papers.

Hell no!!.One of the reasons why i would want to get married is to have rightful sex.Besides I have a high sex libido so what the hell am i supposed to be doing with myself during those cold nights.As a married woman,no more boyfriends right?
hmmmm....,I can imagine.

Well I did not tell him the major reason why I can not marry him,i told him something else.

Well the guy found someone else(obviously who did not mind)and they are married now.

Till today, no one knows why i turned that guy down,not even my uncle.The guy has money,so obviously i don't need to tell you the type of car he bought for his wife.My uncle always tease me anytime we see her he will say''kai,this girl you fall my hand o,it could have been you riding that car.what exactly is wrong with you?

In my my mind i would just be laughing.I don't regret my action one bit because i know where my weakness would have landed me. But it made me to go back to the drawing board

I asked myself"what if I finally marry a guy who stays in Nigeria with me and years into the marriage,he decides to travel out for maybe 6months /1 year? perhaps for business purpose but obviously for the betterment of the family.Does that mean I can not stay?Does that mean I will become unfaithful to my hubby all because of some minutes enjoyment?hmmm..I need to watch it".

That was one of the things that inspired me to go into celibacy,total abstinence from sex.I needed to discipline my self.I started last year,after I broke up with my last boyfriend.This month made it one year.You have no idea,how happy i amsmiley .It was not easy but the grace of God saw me through.

What am I trying to say?Know your weaknesses,especially the ones that would affect your married life.Work on them,discipline yourself,develop yourself,groom your emotions.Be prepared

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
Carm! Each comment from u opens a new interesting chapter. You people are making me desire...grin
carmelion:

The way forward is to be emotionally prepared.let me share a story with you

When I was in my final year,one guy from my village ,just came back from his base(spain)and spread the word that he was looking for a wife.You know how guys do their thing.I have an uncle who was kinda close to him so he refered him to me. I met the guy,he was okay in terms of appearance .My uncle told me in confidence that I should make sure I hook this guy.He said he knew him right before he traveled out,so I should go ahead, that he is a nice person,besides,he is very wealthy with a lot of landed properties in his name.

Everything my uncle said was very true but I discovered that we are going to have one problem. Distance or should I say sex?

His plan was to marry me,put me in the family way.take me to his mum,while he travels back and from then starts processing my papers.

Hell no!!.One of the reasons why i would want to get married is to have rightful sex.Besides I have a high sex libido so what the hell am i supposed to be doing with myself during those cold nights.As a married woman,no more boyfriends right?
hmmmm....,I can imagine.

Well I did not tell him the major reason why I can not marry him,i told him something else.

Well the guy found someone else(obviously who did not mind)and they are married now.

Till today, no one knows why i turned that guy down,not even my uncle.The guy has money,so obviously i don't need to tell you the type of car he bought for his wife.My uncle always tease me anytime we see her he will say''kai,this girl you fall my hand o,it could have been you riding that car.what exactly is wrong with you?

In my my mind i would just be laughing.I don't regret my action one bit because i know where my weakness would have landed me. But it made me to go back to the drawing board

I asked myself"what if I finally marry a guy who stays in Nigeria with me and years into the marriage,he decides to travel out for maybe 6months /1 year? perhaps for business purpose but obviously for the betterment of the family.Does that mean I can not stay?Does that mean I will become unfaithful to my hubby all because of some minutes enjoyment?hmmm..I need to watch it".

That was one of the things that inspired me to go into celibacy,total abstinence from sex.I needed to discipline my self.I started last year,after I broke up with my last boyfriend.This month made it one year.You have no idea,how happy i amsmiley .It was not easy but the grace of God saw me through.

What am I trying to say?Know your weaknesses,especially the ones that would affect your married life.Work on them,discipline yourself,develop yourself,groom your emotions.Be prepared
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 6:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
temi4fash: @DN
u d bomb ooo.. like d job u doin here bro.. mote grace to elbow..

@chichi i c dis ur list fear catch m ooo.no offence

I dont believe a spark must always occur or blood rush in ma head cos i saw some one. M belief dat stuffs will always takes it natural cause. d only gf i av ever had i didnt lik her at first but i got d green lyt so i went for her but i just decided i must make dis thing work n i found ma self likin her more dan she liked m self.. we still very gud friends. So m belief spark or no spark if both parties really work at it... den it can and will work.
One power a lot of us underestimate is d Power of Choice...
D spark only makes d decision easier but it dos not guarantee dat d person wuld b dat person we av always wished for..
mehn May God help us ooo...

Now let introduce d spiritual dimension.
I recommend dis book

Breaking d Yoke of marital delay
by Dr D.K Olukoya.
G.O MFM ministries.

Gud mawnin to d dolls n Men...
Its a friday make una jollificate...
of course the spark makes the decision quicker and dude the person that u have the spark for and whose feelin is also mutual towards u is nature's way of pointin out uresoul mate. The phenomenon of the spark get us through the boundaries and criteria we human beings set for ourselves e.g tall dark and handsome or rich 'bourkinafaso' and pretty not evry guy or doll can have those exact sequence of qualities, they could be randomly attributed or not at all. But i believe evry doll and guy has the potential to be a flame to somebody regardless of religion, height, status,culture looks and what have u. All u have to do is to open ure mind and take a chance. If u dont then u would know what it feels to miss that rush of blood to the head, when u ask ureself in that mundane camel-chewin-cud slowlike borin relationship because u had the 'power of choice' to 'play safe' (as if it is possible these days) this question 'what if?. Hark ye! Seek the kingdom of the spark and evrything will be added unto ure relationship includin joy,laughter,intimacy,companionship and ofcourse a rush.....
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
carmelion: Now these are the questions I want us to answer. For each question, I bet you, you know someone it has happened to or you have the story before. We hear these stories everyday you know.

To all the single ladies in the house, you know sometimes, we feel so depressed that we don’t have a man in our lives to call our own. I want to believe that most of us her are ready for marriage, but there is a possibility that most of us are not. Now read this.

1. Do you know that when married, your husband might loose his job, and stay for years without getting another job. Of course the bills has to paid. Where do you get money from? Do you know that things can get so bad you will relocate to the village, I mean no money to buy common lip gloss? ARE YOU READY?

2. Do you know that your husband can fall sick (I don’t mean malaria).serious sickness that can see you guys moving from hospital to hospital yet no cure. Of course you are the Mrs., every body would abandon him for you. Have ever visited the hospital perhaps to see a friend? Remember how hospitals smell? Drugs right? The kids needs attention too. How can I forget the bills to be paid? My cousin(mid 30s,with four kids) is in this situation now. Her husband was shot by armed robbers last year. Now his leg has been cut off, after three surgeries, that’s money you know. Stayed more than 5 months in the hospital. His former job requires his legs so much, so that means no more job? Hmmm. ARE YOU READY?

3. Do you know that years into your marriage, you might just discover that your husband ,that your sweetheart you have shared so much is a member of a deadly occult group. In fact he is one of the leaders. We see this always on African magic. You think they are just stories?. Honey they are not, they are real life stories. How do you handle such situation? The shock? The trauma ? To worsen it all , they are about to initiate your fist son and you are supposed to be a Christian right ?ARE YOU READY?

4. Do you know that years into your marriage , a strange woman might just show up at your door with her luggage and a protruding belly/a child, claiming that your darling hubby is responsible? I mean, just a silly mistake from your husband can turn life around. How do you handle it? ARE YOU READY

5. Do you know that your boyfriend, the same guy that pampers you like an egg now can change to a woman beater in the future.? How do you handle it.ARE YOU READY?

6. Do you know that some women have woken up in the morning, only to discover that that their husband ha traveled out of the country, leaving you with the kids? The only thing he dropped for you was short note that says

” Honey, as you are reading this, I would be on my way to Europe. I am going there to look for greener pasture. Nigeria is so hard I feel I won’t make it there. Please take care of the kids I would be back when things are better. Love you”. Hubby.

Did you guys notice anything there? No return date, no contact address, no phone number? How do you cope? ARE YOU READY.

7. Do you know,that your husband can fall a victim of conspiracy in his place of work ?.I mean some people just don’t want him to get to the top. Do you know that they can connive against him and before you know it, your husband is in jail?. Whether he is innocent or not, you don’t know, but the truth remains that you are supposed to be the one making every move to get him out? Can you handle it? ARE YOU READY?

I am asking these questions because some single ladies feel , marriage is a resting place. Please, USE THE RESET BUTTON. It is not .it is just another phase of life with its own problems.

Now I know that some ladies would say ”When I get to the bridge. I will cross it’.or "I will handle the way others are handling it". That is good.But don't forget that many women could not cope anymore they choose to abandon the marriage.Some struggled to cope,and the stress killed them. I believe the knowledge that such things might happen, gives you the privilege to brace up at least a LITTLE and prepare your mind for marriage.It comes with a lot.When married you are now responsible for another person.(Your husband).Expect anything.
BOUBOU DOLL THAT WAS A SCARY PICTURE U PAINTED BUT IF IT INVOLVES A SPARK THAT GIVES ME A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD THEN BRING IT ON.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by temi4fash(m): 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
so so deep and scary...

Dat is where lot of prayers come in....

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (181) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / If You Talk To Girls In These 3 Ways, They Will Fall Crazily In Love With You / My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.