Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,604 members, 7,941,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 11:54 PM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (261269 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
#singing Celine Dion's think twice#.... This is getting serious, are u thinking about u or us?.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 5:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
taio luv: @carmelion,temi4fash,ichidodo,maya2pretty

@Dailynews, simplyyeahmee, biolabee.

Ur words make me happy,
Tank u for ur prayers and wishes,God will surely enlarge our coast IJN
Hi Taio, I want my words to make you happy too angry

Happy B'irthday, Long life and propserity.
God will grant the desires of your heart
IN Jesus's Name
Amen!

Enjoy!
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 6:49pm On Mar 05, 2013
carmelion:

Thanks for everything.The poem,the admiration,and the sense of humor.nice meeting yousmiley
*blushing* Anythin 4 u bou-bou doll.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2013
This quoted post was written by a lady on a different thread... It kinda get to me... U got to give it to her... She writes well..

milychocs: I remember my secondary school days and how I used to see those single, female teachers we called 'aunties"
They mostly were slim, "wicked", and wore too much make up
I would look at them, and wish that they were not unhappy

I would see them chatting and laughing with the male teachers, not so much with the married female teachers, etc
These ladies must have all been between 30 and 40....I always thought they needed men to complete them

Fast forward to this day, I am them, lol...I am a single, working lady in this age bracket, well behaved (most times sha), nice, hard working, and content....usually happy and chatty with guys, and not so much with married female folks (apart from my friends)...had my heart broken once, thoroughly, broke 2 hearts definitely, and 1 possibly, still rolls eyes at the thought of menopause,(maybe cos I have a niece I adore and think of as mine?) and still know I cannot settle for less just so I can belong..(maybe the fact that I earn money, and am older and wiser has also made me maybe too independent/strong

Point is, I wonder what teenage girls like me then see when they look at me? A real, happy, good at her job/life lady? Or
a spinster with too much attempts at trying to be young, pitiable and old, who should get married already or move in to a nursing home!

I wonder sha... cheesy

@bolded, now that's a sincere and bold girl, but here, no girl want to admit that they have broken a guys heart before... (maybe they slept through that part)... All we hear is guys do this and that...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
SimplYeahmee:

ℓ̊ know say ℓ̊ no holy pass U̶̲̥̅̊. Even if ℓ̊ am no one knows. My disgust is the fact that some pple are simply misquotin d bible and working based on a misconstrued lie.
Shikena.
Crucify me all U̶̲̥̅̊ want, dats just d way ℓ̊ see these things.
Abegi o! 'Taste and see' no be bible get am for monopoly o! It can be applied to anything from the mundane to the outrageous. Sorry for hurting ure 'sensibilities'.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by youngalex(m): 8:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
Am sori to say dis but since the past few years am not in a serious relationship...why?..the young ladies i met turned me down with big insults cos they believe am not rich last year thinz changed and the church is gradually moving to the perm. site this whole attitude of YOU CAN'T TAKE CARE OF ME...dis made me detest them...later i started dating a(divorcee)40s thats when i knew love still exist,she relocated to canada to cont. her nursing job,the older ones tend to understand life better
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by taioluv: 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
@bukatyne thank you for your words we shall all be blessed IJN
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by temi4fash(m): 11:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
nbright: This quoted post was written by a lady on a different thread... It kinda get to me... U got to give it to her... She writes well..

@bolded, now that's a sincere and bold girl, but here, no girl want to admit that they have broken a guys heart before... (maybe they slept through that part)... All we hear is guys do this and that...
"""
dat one self dai na..
Na God go help us oo
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by LondyC(f): 12:16am On Mar 06, 2013
DailyNews: Every good lady who desires to marry will definitely find a suitable husband. Yes, you are right when u said that the search for Mr. Right might be an endless one cos most Mr. Right might have given up their search before getting to their Miss Right, so Miss Right should as well reach out to Mr. Right.

And now, what I don't always understand is this usual single ladies' statement- That time would be better invested in your future. Know your worth! You're too precious for child's play. Face your career, face your studies, face your this and that...and sometimes they add- and forget about men cos they don't worth it, really I do wonder when I hear all those.

Dangote is the richest man in Nigeria, he is married, I guess happily married. Adenuga is the second, also happily married. Now to stars, Tuface is the most popular musician in Nigeria of today and he is happily married too, and he is very famous too. All these men were able to mind their businesses, investments, careers, etc and still showed true concern towards women. Why must black women always think that they need to see men as evil to mind their career and to be happy? And if u research well, u will discover that its always after they had wasted their years chasing wind that they start using this derogatory phrase, why?

Can't a lady be successful financially, career-wise and still be humble enough to respect men and not cross the line? Is it so difficult to do? It seems we need UAE, Dubai's approach in Nigeria whereby women will be sent back to stay at home and watch films and do house chores while we fetch the money and give them so they can come back to their original creation- humble, submissive and responsible lovely creatures. These western exposure, chasing money and career of a thing seem to be doing our women more harm than good from all indications cry cry cry
I'm not saying that relationships are not vital. I'm just stressing on wasting ur energy on a 'make-do' relationship which you obviously know is headed no where. That time and energy is better invested in activities that would be worth the while. C'est finit!
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Ivynwa(f): 3:27am On Mar 06, 2013
taio luv:
@all people who contributed to this thread,tank u all,thumbs up

Today is my birthday and am alone, d' pressure is high,bt i pray to God it wil be wt my husband for my next year bday IJN.

Love you for ur words of inspiration and advise it is shaping me up nicely for my soon very soon husband

Oh darling! Hugs and hugs and hugs to you. Happy birthday to you.
When I did my NYSC I had a female roommate that was crying on her birthday because she wasn't married and then we were just a little pass our mid twenties.grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 3:40am On Mar 06, 2013
He who findeth a wife findeth a good thing... So said the Bible... That same Bible also said something else in Isaiah 4:1... @maya, I saw ur comment on thread where u said u won't want to wash ur guy's cloth... Do u really mean that?.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Ivynwa(f): 3:40am On Mar 06, 2013
LondyC: [color=#770077][/color] this is a very interesting thread and i'd not pass without contributing.
These days, it seems like a lady is incomplete if she isn't married or in a relationship. Infact, recently i started feeling that way, my single friends all got hooked up and just yesterday, d last of them just found a girlfriend. I saw myself asking some questions but in the long run i realised that it's not just about being in a relationship but the quality of the relationship. I encouraged myself and now i do encourage the single ladies here: Be whole in yourself first! I'd rather be single than be in an abusive relationship or in one in which the guy makes me feel like crap or doesn't have any regards for me. It's life draining and i'm made for much more than that. I'd rather be my best while charting my future than dribbling my destiny in the hands of so many guys just in d endless search for Mr. Right. There should be no space in your heart for 'make-do' relationships. No! That time would be better invested in your future. Know your worth! You're too precious for child's play.

Good you realized that you don't have to run into this because all your friends are hooked up. One thing one must avoid is to want to settle down because every other person is settling down, it can drive one into making decisions that are not too good. I have experienced some of these feelings of wanting to settle down very much, mine was because I love babies sha. I have been through all that circle and come to the painless place where it doesn't hurt and I am all positive, being happy within me, enjoying and appreciating my single life and still trusting God for a companion. Sometimes I want to be angry with myself that at my age I still look into my heart and tell myself the truth that "No I don't like that man enough to want to marry him". I was jokingly gisting an ex about the man I mentioned that came making marriage advances with an "Afo Beer"(protruded tummy grin ) and the ex asked me "Ichoziri boy George? (Do you want a man so handsome as boy George? grin) and I replied that if I wanted boy George I would have chosen (him) because he is handsome too. He himself we dated and on having a little misnderstanding he started dating a Non-Nigerian who he doesn't want to marry, didn't want to tell her so too. The poor girl packed up and came living with him. Years later we made up, wanted to give things another chance and then he told me about the girl he is fooling and telling me to hang around the corner and give him time to dismiss the girl and I was like what?---I am not waiting for a man to dismiss another woman, I don't even want you to jilt her---she is human, again if you dump her now how am i sure that you won't give me the same treatment tomorrow? etc

Our destinies are all different, I have a primary school friend that married fresh out of NYSC and before you can count all your fingers she had two kids and lost her husband. I mean she passed thru marriage,motherhood and entered widowhood in a surprising flash while there are mate of hers that haven't had children or married. Her destiny is different from theirs, our pace can't all be the same. Above all we were promised that in his (God's) time he makes all things beautiful for us. Alleluiah! grin
I know that some of us may be experiencing some unhappiness about being alone in a society that has a good number of people that look down on single women and what with families and friends that pressure one and tell you how a woman "has no time" as if you are the creator of time and life grin. It's nice that through a thread like this that one can share some of those feelings with others and get comforted---that is one of the reason I gave Taio Luv a huge hug. Let's keep being our sister's and brother's keeper. The thread may indeed be helping somebody somewhere and some of us too. Yeah the other day, some of you had to tell me "sorry" when i didn't feel too well---that I appreciate. Thanks all.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 3:44am On Mar 06, 2013
On a more lighter note... Any Man. U fans in the house?... If u are, please take heart... The devil(wether red or green or black can't beat the light(white) )
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 5:01am On Mar 06, 2013
nbright: On a more lighter note... Any Man. U fans in the house?... If u are, please take heart... The devil(wether red or green or black can't beat the light(white) )
yep.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by youngalex(m): 7:37am On Mar 06, 2013
Letter to Sir Alex Ferguson from a Chelsea Fan

My dear Fersguson,
how does it feel to be heart-broken after the match last nite through a seemingly unfair officiating,u have beneffitted so much from this same act in the english premirship,take heart man...what goes around comes around.
From
Chelsea Fan
lesson"Don't keep breaking hearts one day your heart might be broken"
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 06, 2013
carmelion:

What can I say dearie,I just hope my post also helped?.Never mind,this too shall pass.How long it will take is what I don't know.I read your post about marrying older men.Follow your heart but make proper investigations.

Everything in life comes with its own disadvantages.By virtue of age,you know nature will play its own role.You cant avoid it.It would be wise enough to put some things in place before it happens at least to make it a little bit easier.

Build a fence around yourself because people must talk .I don't know how old you are but I know that there is a particular age I will get to(and i am still single),I wont even ask anybody if it is wrong.I would just do my thing.That age is still very faaaar sha,and I pray to meet him before then.But one thing I cannot do(no matter my age) is to break another woman's home (2nd wife).

I rather go for I.V.F/adopt and have my baby for my self.Whatever your heart tells you to do,I wish you luck.((big hug))
i would never break another woman's home just to get a man..never!!i would rather be alone..because one thing i am scared of is karma..these days i get older men on my trail and i just get very confused,because a wrong step will ruin everything,its really scary..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2013
@missblanche, I like ur signature...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 9:59am On Mar 06, 2013
taio luv: @bukatyne thank you for your words we shall all be blessed IJN
You are welcome! smiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 06, 2013
Yesterday night was one of my happiest football fanship daysgrin Real Madrid beat Man U like an adult beats a kidgringrin still celebrating that victory, and now, I am beginning to like Cristiano Ronaldo small for that second goeal- Classico in Spanishsmiley

Now to the thread.

@Ivy, very cute of u...

Most of you ladies here have made me to start desiring to...gringrin hahahahaha...this thread is really making positive impact ogrin

But now, I feel like being polygamous with all of the regular ladies here, can I marry 7 from here plz Lolz
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 12:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
nbright: He who findeth a wife findeth a good thing... So said the Bible... That same Bible also said something else in Isaiah 4:1... @maya, I saw ur comment on thread where u said u won't want to wash ur guy's cloth... Do u really mean that?.
u have a history of misunderstandin my posts, I said they r damn too hard and am not used to it, would rather not if there was an option
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
nbright: @missblanche, I like ur signature...
Thank you smiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
Maya2pretty: u have a history of misunderstandin my posts, I said they r damn too hard and am not used to it, would rather not if there was an option

Sorry... My C.R.S teacher once told me that Jesus's parables are earthly stories with heavenly meaning... Nowadays we have different parables from different individuals... I guess I decoded ur parable with my personal decoding machine which gave me a "wrong" meaning...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 8:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
nbright:

Sorry... My C.R.S teacher once told me that Jesus's parables are earthly stories with heavenly meaning... Nowadays we have different parables from different individuals... I guess I decoded ur parable with my personal decoding machine which gave me a "wrong" meaning...
buhahahahaha grin grin no offense taken, hehehe
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
In my continued effort to open the eyes of willing single ladies who want to connect with their dream man, I have to share this story as usual.

There is this lady, very cute, and in fact a banker. Sometime last year, I used to like her because of the way she attends to me whenever I had issues, like when I opened one particular account.

She is the customer care manager, and according to a friend that accompanied me one day to the bank, who seem to know her from their church right from childhood, she is from a prominent family. My friend saw how she greeted me and smiled and tried to coerce me into going after the lady, but I refused for reasons best known to me.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
As time went, I began to notice something weird abt this lady cos I do frequent her bank n my company banks there too, so most colleagues (big n small) frequent there too.

This lady hardly smile. I noticed she smiles only when I went to lay complain of sth to her, she rarely smile or treat other customers politely. She easily flares up at customers and frown a lot, which often hides her beauty.

I thought I was the only one noticing this, but I was wrong because virtually all my colleagues- elderly and married men/women, young guys and ladies knew this. I got to know one day a colleague opened up hw she treats customers without manner and how she frowns all the time and form busy on her system as if she is the one monitoring the system that monitors all the terrorists trying to attack America grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
I learnt from my friend that her younger sister just got married. Everyone I know that knows this lady keep saying- if she continues to frown and form over-busy like this all the time, that she may end up single for life. This touched me but I don't know how to pass this message to her without getting her pissed. Anyway, the mission of this story is to open the eyes of single ladies reading this to pls smile always, it wins u lots of good commendation and favour. It opens door. Stop forming too busy, even billionaires who work round the clock still smile and relate with people.

Free yourself, be happy, don't let your job consume your inner peace. If the job is too stressful, then set up a target and save some money and resign cos happiness can't be compared to anything on eart. See, the owners of banks and companies are out there having fun and being happy while u work in pains and wear yourself out for a meager pay. Happiness is worth more than a crude oil well o, hmmm. Goodluck and goodnight friendssmiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Winneygirl(f): 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
grin Smiling.........
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by saxking(m): 11:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
guys and gents, you can't meet anyone new if you don't expand your social circles...push past the people you see daily and expand to a new faces..this isn't saying be friends with all new faces..but just get exposed to new faces..out of every 10,2 will stick..you can't meet people really from behind a keyboard ooo

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 7:31am On Mar 07, 2013
saxking: guys and gents, you can't meet anyone new if you don't expand your social circles...push past the people you see daily and expand to a new faces..this isn't saying be friends with all new faces..but just get exposed to new faces..out of every 10,2 will stick..you can't meet people really from behind a keyboard ooo
Wrong, u can get to meet some very real people behind the keyboard e.g Dailynews,maya and boubou doll. What? U think its easy movin around and knowin people these days. You go out and u meet this random individual, u say 'hey excuse me? Can i know u?. I dont think so.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 8:16am On Mar 07, 2013
ichidodo: Wrong, u can get to meet some very real people behind the keyboard e.g Dailynews,maya and boubou doll. What? U think its easy movin around and knowin people these days. You go out and u meet this random individual, u say 'hey excuse me? Can i know u?. I dont think so.
lol u guys r sayin d same thing but wit different approaches smiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by simayanki4real(m): 8:43am On Mar 07, 2013
Hello gents & dolls...

I have been a realist all my life, always trying to justify the true reason for the existence of certain things, yet still believing humans have the tendency to give in atimes. With that in mind, let me tell this story perhaps to enlighten some in the group:

I met a beautiful lady on a chat site & while she seemed reasonable we agreed to meet. I 'tucked in my shirt' and set out through the hot sun to meet her at the meeting place. She had a beautiful picture on the site so i rehearsed in the taxi all i would say, & perhaps do.

On getting there, i met a lady though elegant and mature, slightly different from the picture i was expecting but nonetheless i approached. I was welcomed & we began talking intimately as though we had known before...

It was then i discovered that she was a divorcee with two very beautiful daughters. From her story, i gathered that she met the guy, fell in love with him even though he wasn't in love with her. Somehow she got pregnant with the first daughter and conditions in her family made the guy carry out a traditional marriage.

While she was on the thought that the arrival of the baby would bring love and affection into the home (which i have always thought is the case) turned out to be outrightly differnt. Though they were married it seemed there were good neighbours tuggling from on mountain to another. About two years giving birth to the daughter she heard from a reliable source that the husband's ex had given birth to a baby for the husband. Ofcourse his attitude during the period anticipated a change somewhere.

She had the next pregnancy perhaps in a 'make-up sex' and one month later, he got up & said he was going to South Africa to get a job. Being a good wife, she said ok and he left. Today makes it 2years and 3months since the husband left and since then she has heard not a word from him or a mail.

The husband through his best friend passed a message to her to go on living her life without him because he is happily married and is not coming back to her. That when he is ready, he will come for his kids. When she told me, i lost all energy and my mind kept trying to find a reason, perhaps where or when something went wrong.

I may have gone there in the hopes of finding a girl for myself, but i went there and found a mirror with which to see myself & a measuring scale with which to weigh myself... Hence i depicted the following:

1) Ladies, Please do not love a man with all of our heart (in the sane assumption that he cannot love you with all of his)

2) Once in a while, check his phones, texts messages, mails perhaps just as an insurance policy. (I may not like it but i sure as hell would condone such a behaviour from guys)

3) Spice your relationship every once in a while by giving your man a treat (if you have one) either in a date, romance or whatever he loves.

4) Be prayerful in your relationship as most men want dedicated christians as wives.

5) As i do not consider women to be anything lesser, so apply wisdom in your relationships, be truly friendly to your companion's friends and family. And when you do not feel welcomed, muster the courage and tell him, if change does not come...LEAVE THE RELATIONSHIP!

6) Finally, for the influential, mature, educated, & financially stable women (i adore your kind) and while most men (like me) may feel uncomfortable walking up & actually undergoing a special woo-ing process for you; try and put up a smile, be accomodating, be friendly, be social and you JUST MIGHT find a guy who gets you (irrespective of his age).

Hope this helps!
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 10:09am On Mar 07, 2013
simayanki4real:

3) Spice your relationship every once in a while by giving your man a treat (if you have one) either in a date, romance or whatever he loves.
This will be very hard for a Nigerian girl to do... VERY VERY HARD... Most think it's only money that matters in a relationship, they always expect the guy to take them out to classy restaurants for dates, buy them the trendiest wears, pet them always, finding cash to give them even if he'e broke, etc... Ladies should know that it's also expected of them to contribute in little ways to a relationship... It shouldn't be made to be one sided..

simayanki4real:

4) Be prayerful in your relationship as most men want dedicated christians as wives.

Not FANATICS

simayanki4real:
6) Finally, for the influential, mature, educated, & financially stable women (i adore your kind) and while most men (like me) may feel uncomfortable walking up & actually undergoing a special woo-ing process for you; try and put up a smile, be accomodating, be friendly, be social and you JUST MIGHT find a guy who gets you (irrespective of his age).

Hope this helps!

I pray they apply it... There is this saying that if Muhammed does not go to the mountain, the mountain will ......... You know the rest..

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (181) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / If You Talk To Girls In These 3 Ways, They Will Fall Crazily In Love With You / My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.