Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,120 members, 7,970,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 09:01 AM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (262227 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by sashaa(f): 7:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
CFCfan:
GBAM! You couldn't have said it better.
14 'Likes' for your comment.

make that 20 likes!
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
@carmelion:your sadpost really got me all emotional,there are days i just sink into depression and i have those same thoughts..i thought that i was the only one that thought that way..this days i just channel my energy into doing stuffs and take my mind off the whole depressing thoughts...its crazy..its sad that most nig guys think all the ladies want is just money..not so for some of us..it makes everything hard,very hard..sad
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by kandiikane(m): 8:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
Whooy! 46 pages in about 4days. Na so single ladies plenty for here?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by kandiikane(m): 8:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
Anyhoo.....

*brings in blanket and a pot of icecream.

Where do I sit?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 8:37pm On Mar 04, 2013
kandiikane: Anyhoo.....

*brings in blanket and a pot of icecream.

Where do I sit?

This your food fetish..... and u are a slimmie o grin grin tongue
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 8:47pm On Mar 04, 2013
Chai. This thread is something,though i have not been uncharitable wit any lady i have met but i must confess that my perception of what do ladies really want from us has been myopic to mention a few. I want contribute my quota for a saner society, so from now on i am goin to be a Good boi also spread the word to my colleagues at work and watering hole (local bar). A journey of a thousand miles start from single footstep. Again wonderful insights from Daily news (big big fan) and carmillion (secret admirer).
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by kandiikane(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
biolabee:

This your food fetish..... and u are a slimmie o grin grin tongue

I loooooooove food! grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by realking(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
realking: PLS DONT BE OFFENDED. I REALY NEED A MATURED LADY TO MARRY. HV TO PUT JOB SECURITY AS A CONDITION because OF MY MEAGER SALARY. AM IGBO BY TRIBE, 29YRS, LIVES IN ABUJA BUT PRESENTLY IN MINNA. PLS 27 TO 33YRS AND GOD FEARING WOMAN IS WHAT I NEED.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by temi4fash(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
carmelion:

Are you for real?Like seriously? Smh. Please, we do.smiley

didnt knw until nau...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
carmelion:

^^^Guys are usually guilty of this,they follow you bumper to bumper like their life depends on you. All of a sudden they stop calling,leaving you in the dark,wondering what went wrong.

What went wrong is that most girls will start to misbehave, some start making frivolous demands... When there guys want to visits them what u hear is "wetin u go bring for me?".. If they call to remind u of their birthday what they will say is "tomorrow na my b'day o, wetin u go buy for me?", etc... Most girls are too demanding... I have this friend that is looking for a girl to marry, he wants someone from his local govt., he was introduced to a beautiful girl in the uni. (Delsu), she came to stay with him, saw his house that he has the cash that was when the problem started... If they go to supermarket to buy stuffs, she will start pointing @ stuffs on the shelves, demanding to be given this and that just like that... The guy was angry but he jusy kept quiet... When the girl left, he just called her and asked her to stop calling him and not to come to his house again..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
Double Post
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
ichidodo: Chai. This thread is something,though i have not been uncharitable wit any lady i have met but i must confess that my perception of what do ladies really want from us has been myopic to mention a few. I want contribute my quota for a saner society, so from now on i am goin to be a Good boi also spread the word to my colleagues at work and watering hole (local bar). A journey of a thousand miles start from single footstep. Again wonderful insights from Daily news (big big fan) and carmillion (secret admirer).
hahahaha, ichidodo, your name sounds like one local palmwine bar in my village where I used to work as a bar tender before I come townshipgrin

Now on a more serious note, Carmelion really opened my eyes with her post and I believe many guys who read it and those that will still read it will learn sth from it, thanks Carm...you seem to have so many hidden suitors, including Ichidodo the palm wine tappergrin

Pls guys, try and understand that Anita, Kemi, Aisha, Temi, Chioma, Ikaite, Ibiye, Ejiro, etc that u had been playing and deceiving in d name of love are all our sisters and beloved cousins. Remember as they are crying, so we are. And soon, we will have daughters too...pls n pls, if u know u dnt want a girl for good, that u just want to satisfy ur randy mood or u just want sex, pls dnt deceive d girl, better still, if sex is just all u want, go to the brothels and pay and lavish urself there than causing pains n tears here n there.

I never knew ladies cry when a breakup happens. I never knew they value relationship. I never knew that wen their lover leaves them, that they feel hurt, I tot they just move on cos there are so many options for them. I use to see ladies as people without conscience and true emotion, I have to confess.

When I hear a lady tell a guy she loves him, I always laugh, and that's part of d reasons I dnt watch romance movies cos I know they are fake. I am still finding it hard to believe that a Nigerian lady would just like or love a guy for no material, financial or favour derivable reasons, but Carmelion's post today changed that belief to an extent, may God forgive my wrong beliefs in this aspect. Guys pls strive n be good or stay on ur own, is it that difficult to do Come on guys grow up, sex is nothing if u groom urself well to understand that sex is in fact, nonesense that tarnishes conscience, religion aside, how do u feel after sex? Most guys confess that they feel guilty, empty, angry, rejected, and so many other negative feelings, so y indulge it so randomly with no justifiable reason
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 04, 2013
*whew* everything is tiring...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2013
To those ladies that keep saying that they want to futher their education, want to be financially independent, etc etc... What is wrong if u continue ur schooling from ur husband's house?... My elder sis did the same thing, she has 4 kids (2 boys & 2 girls).. And she's not even up to 35yrs old... When she had a misunderstanding with her husband and she came to our family house, the husband drove down that night to our house to plead... She started with him when he was in a single room, she wash the toilet when it's their turn (it's a compound house)... This is very important to the ladies, yes it's good to be humble, but still use this Bible passage that I love to quote Be ye wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove ... It shall be well with us...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
DailyNews: pls n pls, if u know u dnt want a girl for good, that u just want to satisfy ur randy mood or u just want sex, pls dnt deceive d girl,

My mum warned me that I should never use the promise of marriage just to sleep with a girl...

DailyNews: Come on guys grow up, sex is nothing if u groom urself well to understand that sex is in fact, nonesense that tarnishes conscience, religion aside, how do u feel after sex? Most guys confess that they feel guilty, empty, angry, rejected, and so many other negative feelings, so y indulge it so randomly with no justifiable reason
@bolded, they cheated on their spouse...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2013
ichidodo the palmwine tapper. I love that,Am a earth person hence the name out of love for mother-earth. E don tay wey i don dey admire carmillion o! But e b like her level pass me na im i reduce frequency to 'secret admirer' read my poems about her @ mr val thread here in the romance section. But on a serious note o! There is fire on the mountain and it will consume all of us if we are not careful. Those days we stil run after girls although i always carry last these days hmmmm. To be contd.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by eimuhb(f): 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
nbright: To those ladies that keep saying that they want to futher their education, want to be financially independent, etc etc... What is wrong if u continue ur schooling from ur husband's house?... My elder sis did the same thing, she has 4 kids (2 boys & 2 girls).. And she's not even up to 35yrs old... When she had a misunderstanding with her husband and she came to our family house, the husband drove down that night to our house to plead... She started with him when he was in a single room, she wash the toilet when it's their turn (it's a compound house)... This is very important to the ladies, yes it's good to be humble, but still use this Bible passage that I love to quote Be ye wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove ... It shall be well with us...

Because It won't be easy working, schooling, doing chores and taking care of the children. It's either you get a maid (not forgetting the fear of being impregnated by your husband if the maid na girl) or you plead on your husband to help you out with chores (and if the demand should increase, he will tell you you're leaving your responsibility and start keeping late night) or lastly you not working (then your husband might nag about you not contributing to the welfare of the house and threatens you to stop your schooling).
Sefini.....
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 10:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
D 1st reason that makes we women desire a relationship is companionship, no matter d money we acquire, d heights we attain, d children we have, we still need that man that'l look at us wit deep admiration, that we'l run 2 when we r sad, angry and even excited, what of d lonely cold nights (like dis one) being single is depressin sometimes, it hurts when there's no one u have an intimate attachment to, emotionally, physically, psychologically, mentally and what have u. It hurts, alot, sometimes sad

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Moyola(f): 10:09pm On Mar 04, 2013
uhmn!
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 10:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
eimuhb:

Because It won't be easy working, schooling, doing chores and taking care of the children. It's either you get a maid (not forgetting the fear of being impregnated by your husband if the maid na girl) or you plead on your husband to help you out with chores (and if the demand should increase, he will tell you you're leaving your responsibility and start keeping late night) or lastly you not working (then your husband might nag about you not contributing to the welfare of the house and threatens you to stop your schooling).
Sefini.....
My mum took care of the kids for her while she was schooling, though she do visits on weekends, if he threatened to stop ur schooling, ur dad is there to help out, ur dad can then talk to him as an in-law.. I addresses this late night issue last cos some women are funny... My sis major complain is that once the husband closes from work, he comes straight home, the husband doesn2 drink neither does he smokes...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
And so many eligible ladies but who will bell the cat? There comes a time once in the life of a man when he sits himself down and says 'charlie, i am tired of this rigmarole lifestyle. I just need me a cool-headed woman to settle down wit' Every African man must come to this point sooner or later in life and its mostly the ladies around the vicinity are wooed.The race is not for the strong nor swift ure time is ure time ure own ure precious own nobody can take that away from u. So my dollies, be optimistic, be happy, be hardworkin, be forgivin, be humble, smile and give love a chance. Look at mi, my heart has been smashed to bits yet am stil willin to give a love a chance because am a live human being and that is what we do best. LOVE. An unlovin or unlovable or unwillin-to-love human being is dead one. Just smile and watch Mr Right drop on ure lap.Plop! Dailynews how u take c am?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
Maya2pretty: D 1st reason that makes we women desire a relationship is companionship, no matter d money we acquire, d heights we attain, d children we have, we still need that man that'l look at us wit deep admiration, that we'l run 2 when we r sad, angry and even excited, what of d lonely cold nights (like dis one) being single is depressin sometimes, it hurts when there's no one u have an intimate attachment to, emotionally, physically, psychologically, mentally and what have u. It hurts, alot, sometimes sad
I find that HARD to believe @bolded
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 10:38pm On Mar 04, 2013
nbright: I find that HARD to believe @bolded
it's ur fundamental human right to believe whatever u want to believe, it's funny how guys feel they understand women better than d women themselves, do u think single female billionaires r happy bein single, y do we have d cases of sugar mummy and sugar son so rampant in our society? no offense but I cant even start to argue, am not in d mood now sad
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2013
It's traumatizin to me when I feel so single and alone, yet there r alot of guys flockin around me, d one dat wants relationship, d one dat wants marriage and even d one that wants a fling, few seem very suitable but there's no connection wit anyone, no spark anywhere, no feelin developin, dat passionate feelin is not comin at all, I wonder what my soul mate is doin that he hasn't found me yet sad
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 10:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
Maya2pretty: it's ur fundamental human right to believe whatever u want to believe, it's funny how guys feel they understand women better than d women themselves, do u think single female billionaires r happy bein single, y do we have d cases of sugar mummy and sugar son so rampant in our society? no offense but I cant even start to argue, am not in d mood now sad
and ladies also feel they understand guys more than the guys themselves too.... They always think any guy that talk to them wants sex... U assume wrongly about us and u expect us not to return that favour?...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
Maya2pretty: It's traumatizin to me when I feel so single and alone, yet there r alot of guys flockin around me, d one dat wants relationship, d one dat wants marriage and even d one that wants a fling, few seem very suitable but there's no connection wit anyone, no spark anywhere, no feelin developin, dat passionate feelin is not comin at all, I wonder what my soul mate is doin that he hasn't found me yet sad
Not just for you doll...most guys have this crazy orientation about a lady and its so annoying..if a lady is rich,she can't get a man,if she has more than a masters degree..its f..king hard..she's independent and the guys want to take advantage...most of these ladies just want to be loved,that's all they crave for..but our men don't see that..i wonder what it is they see..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 10:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
Maya2pretty: I wonder what my soul mate is doin that he hasn't found me yet sad
We all have different destinies (so they say), maybe urs is to toaste the guy... Just give it a try... Don't go all out, just drop subtle hints now and then... I watched 24 yesterday (season 2).. Michelle kinda asked Tony out but in a cool manner... BUT WHY CAN'T NAIJA GIRLS ASK GUYS OUT SEF ...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
nbright: and ladies also feel they understand guys more than the guys themselves too.... They always think any guy that talk to them wants sex... U assume wrongly about us and u expect us not to return that favour?...
maturity is suppose to set in here but it's a free world, guys, girls, men, women, it's a free world.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
Maya2pretty: It's traumatizin to me when I feel so single and alone, yet there r alot of guys flockin around me, d one dat wants relationship, d one dat wants marriage and even d one that wants a fling, few seem very suitable but there's no connection wit anyone, no spark anywhere, no feelin developin, dat passionate feelin is not comin at all, I wonder what my soul mate is doin that he hasn't found me yet sad
your soulmate might be missing becos u have constructed a perfect environment, and personality that he would come whereas he maybe just beside u getting pissed that u dnt recognize him. This is one reason we will have lots of unmarried men and ladies, and more unlovely relationships/marriages than lovely ones.

Whenever u feel someone isn't okay for u, remember that u aren't ok for so many people and therefore tune down and make wot u have an enviable one.

Many people must have laughed Jonathan n Patience back in d days- some wud say, ugly couple, this n that, but today, they r the number one couple n family out of 150million peoplesmiley

This thread gets me so high at times- make me want to believe that Nigeria has turned to paradise but still the realities and news happening here n there keep waking me back to nightmaresmiley I know I am using so much idiomatic expressions, and its for a purpose. Lots of ladies with good expressed intention, can't wait to hear good testimonies to truly believe
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by eimuhb(f): 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
nbright: My mum took care of the kids for her while she was schooling, though she do visits on weekends, if he threatened to stop ur schooling, ur dad is there to help out, ur dad can then talk to him as an in-law.. I addresses this late night issue last cos some women are funny... My sis major complain is that once the husband closes from work, he comes straight home, the husband doesn2 drink neither does he smokes...

Complain??! cheesy
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
nbright: We all have different destinies (so they say), maybe urs is to toaste the guy... Just give it a try... Don't go all out, just drop subtle hints now and then... I watched 24 yesterday (season 2).. Michelle kinda asked Tony out but in a cool manner... BUT WHY CAN'T NAIJA GIRLS ASK GUYS OUT SEF ...
ask who out? oxygen or hydrogen? pls b reasonable
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
nbright: and ladies also feel they understand guys more than the guys themselves too.... They always think any guy that talk to them wants sex... U assume wrongly about us and u expect us not to return that favour?...
95% of Nigerian guys approaching a lady for a relationship do so for sex, yes! And 99% of Nigerian ladies that agrees to date a guy does that after financial assessment of the guy, which means they directly or indirectly want financial or material favour. This orientation must change for things to start working properly, but can it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (181) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / If You Talk To Girls In These 3 Ways, They Will Fall Crazily In Love With You / My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.