Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,084 members, 7,970,321 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:53 AM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (262225 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by SimplYeahmee(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
DailyNews: The problem here is- I don't even chase, not in my book, and can't do that...now ask me how I will find my wife, maybe miraclegrin lol...I dnt chase cos I believe chasing ladies = chasing wind. Cos I believe that ladies dnt care abt guys, they dnt want companion (my own belief though), so I can't see myself worrying abt someone that doesn't care cos its unfair n biased. Y must u like me cos I am this n that? Y cnt u like me cos I act weird, write weird, etc? Must it be for materials and tangibles? Wot if I have none, so it means I am not worthy of love These r some of d questions dat pop into guys head involuntarily, n y some mistreat ladies who come their ways. Pls strive by all means u can wherever u find urself to disprove guys that u only want money n favour from them, cos guys are beginning to ask questions- y must she like me cos I give her money? Solve her assignment, give her job? Etc...wot if I have none to give her

Cud U̶̲̥̅̊ pls expantiate on ur definition Ơ̴͡f "CHASE"
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 12:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
SimplYeahmee:

ℓ̊ know say ℓ̊ no holy pass U̶̲̥̅̊. Even if ℓ̊ am no one knows. My disgust is the fact that some pple are simply misquotin d bible and working based on a misconstrued lie.
Shikena.
Crucify me all U̶̲̥̅̊ want, dats just d way ℓ̊ see these things.
I didn't misquote the Bible... Check what I wrote again..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
Maya2pretty: to my dear guys on dis thread smiley thats where d connection sets it, when I met my ex, we just walked pass eachother but I could feel d connection, we always stare at eachother, but one day I walked up to him and smiled, lol, Kennedy was taken off balance and when I asked his name, he stuttered, I told him my name and walked away wit a smile. That was enough greenlight 4 him, we kept on bumpin in2 eachother since den, became very good friends and started datin 1yr after smiley memories
This is a wonderful green light, and any guy that likes you will definitely decode this signal and then send his own codes and possibly get your own signal jammed and the whole warfare begins from there....you did well, thumbs up! Sorry it didn't lead to where it ought to...what happened to him

Nice one... smiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by SimplYeahmee(m): 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
chichi254: Hmmm. Its quite unfortunate dat girls are no longer seen as treasures they are but cheap articles that can be purchased wit money. But still Daily news, ther are precious jewels among them. It hurts me when a guy approaches me 4 friendship and starts bragging abt his financial prowess and achievments thinkin that all we care abt is money. Do they think that money is a prerequisite 4 luv?
Most times sef, guys are d cause of d problem. How would u approach a girl and strt confessin how u wouldnt allow her 2 suffer if only she says yes 2 u. By d time she says yes and later strt demandin, u guys will strt 2 complain again. Imagine, last xmas, a guy who i turned down his proposal was pleadin wit me severaly 2 send him my bank account numbr so that he would send me some money 2 buy xmas things 4 my self. This was som1 whom i hav told clealy dat things cant work between us. If i'm d type who beliv in eating som1 mugu,he would start complainin dat girls like money.
In my own case, i hav nevr sought 4 material/financial assistanc 4rm a man. this may sound unbelievabl conderin wat s hapenin now but it s true. Back 2 d guy in question, d only material gift i hav recieved 4rm him were a pair of shoes, hand bag,etc which he sent 2 me on my bithday. Though i accepted it but i told him not 2 send me anythin again and he stoped. so u see, he wouldnt say that i am materialy demandin @ all...

True these days ladies are no longer seen as treasures cos it's rare to see a lady who wud like to be wit a guy who isn't well to do wit financially.
Majority Ơ̴͡f ladies these days only size up guys based on their financial prowess. If a guy who isn't well to do wit doesn't buy gifts frequently, he is seen as stingy and uncaring and the poor guy may just be trying to get by.

Don't get me wrong, ℓ̊'m not saying there aren't ladies who wud date without considering the money aspect Ơ̴͡f the guy(as av bn said by some nairalanders) bt it's hard to see cos exposure has eaten deep into the heads Ơ̴͡f some ladies wen D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣γ̲̣̣ get into schools and expect guys to buy for them wat their fathers cudnt.

Bt on my part... Most Ladies are lyk royalty to me.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
chichi254: Hmmm. Its quite unfortunate dat girls are no longer seen as treasures they are but cheap articles that can be purchased wit money. But still Daily news, ther are precious jewels among them. It hurts me when a guy approaches me 4 friendship and starts bragging abt his financial prowess and achievments thinkin that all we care abt is money. Do they think that money is a prerequisite 4 luv?
Most times sef, guys are d cause of d problem. How would u approach a girl and strt confessin how u wouldnt allow her 2 suffer if only she says yes 2 u. By d time she says yes and later strt demandin, u guys will strt 2 complain again. Imagine, last xmas, a guy who i turned down his proposal was pleadin wit me severaly 2 send him my bank account numbr so that he would send me some money 2 buy xmas things 4 my self. This was som1 whom i hav told clealy dat things cant work between us. If i'm d type who beliv in eating som1 mugu,he would start complainin dat girls like money.
In my own case, i hav nevr sought 4 material/financial assistanc 4rm a man. this may sound unbelievabl conderin wat s hapenin now but it s true. Back 2 d guy in question, d only material gift i hav recieved 4rm him were a pair of shoes, hand bag,etc which he sent 2 me on my bithday. Though i accepted it but i told him not 2 send me anythin again and he stoped. so u see, he wouldnt say that i am materialy demandin @ all...
Now you have defined what I call male-stupidity! Chasing a girl who made it known to you that she doesn't care, gosh! Some guys lack integrity and masculine ego. For what Come on, sorry to sound this way @chichi, are you The Queen of Sheba for him to be drolling like that? Is he enchanted or bewitched He should have moved on, if chichi says NO, there are thousand and one more prettier, trendier, more intelligent and more exposed girls than chichi out there waiting to welcome and celebrate him like King Solomon, so why chase a girl who showed no interest in you Now, I see why Nigerian ladies lack respect for the guys, gosh! This has to stop!!! Any guy thats reading this and he does this, pls for the sake of the entire male integrity, stop that useless attitude from NOW!! When one girl turns you down or says NO to you, there are thousands if not millions of better girls out there ready to embrace and celebrate you, majority of Nigerian guys don't know this or maybe they know but are just on a bad mission to hit and run like I hear them call it.

So angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
Now, at all the ladies reading this, pls I am not saying ladies don't worth being admired, never....they do (the good deserving ones though), but it is insane for a matured guy to set out only to be chasing a girl for months, years, etc....even when the girl made it known to him that she doesn't care, thats stupidity on the man's side if we are honest to ourselves. Love cost nothing but love. If a girl likes you, it wouldn't take so much pain to work, in fact, before you come to her, she must had been waiting for you to come...so forcing a girl to date or marry you is stupidity that Nigerian guys must learn to stop if they want to be respected by ladies.

Unfortunately, the womanizers, the wayward guys, the playboys and those after women's skirts won't hear becos they are ready to kill just to sleep with one lady, I wish I had the power to strike such men with unscrupulous attitude with manhood malfunction and turn them into eunuch that won't ever have feelings for women all their lives, what nonesense! angry angry angry angry

This is bad and should be condemned by all.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
Winneygirl: @DailyNews, wat's Ur definition of greenlight??

What's Ur definition of chase? Cos U make it sound like crawling and begging a girl....which in my books it's not...
What Maya narrated in her previous comment is a very good greenlight that will definitely win any lady a man that likes her or even a man that may not have been noticing her. thats part of the definition, and from there, u should be able to define other modes...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
DailyNews: Now you have defined what I call male-stupidity! Chasing a girl who made it known to you that she doesn't care, gosh! Some guys lack integrity and masculine ego. For what Come on, sorry to sound this way @chichi, are you The Queen of Sheba for him to be drolling like that? Is he enchanted or bewitched He should have moved on, if chichi says NO, there are thousand and one more prettier, trendier, more intelligent and more exposed girls than chichi out there waiting to welcome and celebrate him like King Solomon, so why chase a girl who showed no interest in you Now, I see why Nigerian ladies lack respect for the guys, gosh! This has to stop!!! Any guy thats reading this and he does this, pls for the sake of the entire male integrity, stop that useless attitude from NOW!! When one girl turns you down or says NO to you, there are thousands if not millions of better girls out there ready to embrace and celebrate you, majority of Nigerian guys don't know this or maybe they know but are just on a bad mission to hit and run like I hear them call it.

No she is not the queen of Sheba,it is called when the wrong one loves you right or when you love the wrong one.Pray you don't find a yourself in such situation.It hurts so much,you will throw caution to the wind
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2013
carmelion:

No she is not the queen of Sheba,it is called when the wrong one loves you right or when you love the wrong one.Pray you don't find a yourself in such situation.It hurts so much,you will throw caution to the wind
Carm, you really need to understand who I am. I am a total snub when it comes to this. Do you know that I can just develop interest in a very ugly girl with no social or academic class just because she shows real concern over me? Yeah, thats me...and I can snub a very beautiful girl who sits next to me but shows no interest in me...yeah. I have lots of stories that if I narrate it here, most of you would marvel, but I won't so this thread doesn't get derailed. I know Nigerian women love that feeling of one dumb guy chasing them up and down, but thats stupidity to me because once a girl likes u, you don't need to stress it.

My mother told me that she had already said yes to one military captain back then who drives volksagen and land rover then, and according to her, she didn't liked the man because of the fact that he was a military man cos his beloved brother died during the civil war as a military guy, and she developed hatred for military, only for one to come to ask for her hand in marriage.and as it may interest u to know, the parents accepted the man for these reasons:

1. the man came from a very strong Anglican family, the father was a church teacher
2. he is from a neighboring community to my mom's own

my mom had no option than to accept, so they fixed date when the man would come with his people when his work leave starts, and before that period, my dad met my mom, how?

At an Anglican church anniversary, and my mother was a church choir, pretty wink wink...my father and his childhood friend came to that anniversary from a very far community, and guess what they came with a bicycle cheesy cheesy

He saw my mother singing and his heart went fly....he told his friend, they waited and waited till the end of the church programme and even traced my mother to her parent's house and then they went inside and asked for water, and were given water and they finished drinking and left.

My mother saw him and she said she just liked him and wished he could just talk to her, but he didn't he left.

They came back again on another sunday....now, pay for your reader subscription fee cheesy cheesy grin

Now, why did I narrate the story? to tell guys that once a girl likes you, you won't labor to get her and to tell the ladies that its not about money, look beyond now and see the future smiley smiley smiley I know that we live in a fast generation- fast cars, fast money, fast relationship, fast everything, but hey! Slow down and see the future smiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 1:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
missblanche: @carmelion:your sadpost really got me all emotional,there are days i just sink into depression and i have those same thoughts..i thought that i was the only one that thought that way..this days i just channel my energy into doing stuffs and take my mind off the whole depressing thoughts...its crazy..its sad that most nig guys think all the ladies want is just money..not so for some of us..it makes everything hard,very hard..sad

What can I say dearie,I just hope my post also helped?.Never mind,this too shall pass.How long it will take is what I don't know.I read your post about marrying older men.Follow your heart but make proper investigations.

Everything in life comes with its own disadvantages.By virtue of age,you know nature will play its own role.You cant avoid it.It would be wise enough to put some things in place before it happens at least to make it a little bit easier.

Build a fence around yourself because people must talk .I don't know how old you are but I know that there is a particular age I will get to(and i am still single),I wont even ask anybody if it is wrong.I would just do my thing.That age is still very faaaar sha,and I pray to meet him before then.But one thing I cannot do(no matter my age) is to break another woman's home (2nd wife).

I rather go for I.V.F/adopt and have my baby for my self.Whatever your heart tells you to do,I wish you luck.((big hug))
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by taioluv: 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
@all people who contributed to this thread,tank u all,thumbs up

Today is my birthday and am alone, d' pressure is high,bt i pray to God it wil be wt my husband for my next year bday IJN.

Love you for ur words of inspiration and advise it is shaping me up nicely for my soon very soon husband

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 2:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
DailyNews: Carm, you really need to understand who I am. I am a total snub when it comes to this. Do you know that I can just develop interest in a very ugly girl with no social or academic class just because she shows real concern over me? Yeah, thats me...and I can snub a very beautiful girl who sits next to me but shows no interest in me...yeah. I have lots of stories that if I narrate it here, most of you would marvel, but I won't so this thread doesn't get derailed. I know Nigerian women love that feeling of one dumb guy chasing them up and down, but thats stupidity to me because once a girl likes u, you don't need to stress it.

My mother told me that she had already said yes to one military captain back then who drives volksagen and land rover then, and according to her, she didn't liked the man because of the fact that he was a military man cos his beloved brother died during the civil war as a military guy, and she developed hatred for military, only for one to come to ask for her hand in marriage.and as it may interest u to know, the parents accepted the man for these reasons:

1. the man came from a very strong Anglican family, the father was a church teacher

my mom had no option than to accept, so they fixed date when the man would come with his people when his work leave starts, and before that period, my dad met my mom, how?

At an Anglican church anniversary, and my mother was a church choir, pretty wink wink...my father and his childhood friend came to that anniversary from a very far community, and guess what they came with a bicycle cheesy cheesy

He saw my mother singing and his heart went fly....he told his friend, they waited and waited till the end of the church programme and even traced my mother to her parent's house and then they went inside and asked for water, and were given water and they finished drinking and left.

My mother saw him and she said she just liked him and wished he could just talk to her, but he didn't he left.

They came back again on another sunday....now, pay for your reader subscription fee cheesy cheesy grin

Now, why did I narrate the story? to tell guys that once a girl likes you, you won't labor to get her and to tell the ladies that its not about money, look beyond now and see the future smiley smiley smiley I know that we live in a fast generation- fast cars, fast money, fast relationship, fast everything, but hey! Slow down and see the future smiley

OK,I get it.I hope the guys got their own part too?

taio luv:

Today is my birthday and am alone, d' pressure is high,bt i pray to God it wil be wt my husband for my next year bday IJN.

Love you for ur words of inspiration and advise it is shaping me up nicely for my soon very soon husband

Amen hun,happy buffdei!!!!smiley. where the parry@?
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 2:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
DailyNews: Carm, you really need to understand who I am. I am a total snub when it comes to this. Do you know that I can just develop interest in a very ugly girl with no social or academic class just because she shows real concern over me? Yeah, thats me...and I can snub a very beautiful girl who sits next to me but shows no interest in me...yeah. I have lots of stories that if I narrate it here, most of you would marvel, but I won't so this thread doesn't get derailed. I know Nigerian women love that feeling of one dumb guy chasing them up and down, but thats stupidity to me because once a girl likes u, you don't need to stress it.

Ahn ahn na?! cry why now ?! More! more!! more!!! Guy finsh that story or else....... angry
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by temi4fash(m): 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
@ DN

m feeling u big time... Big ups to u....

@ taio luv
happy B dai to u ooo.. Wish u all i wish ma sis.... And as regards ur marital life..
The God dat brought out a axe from a River... Will bring out ur hubby for u... IJN...
Stay safe...
Where is d party at...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by LondyC(f): 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
[color=#770077][/color] this is a very interesting thread and i'd not pass without contributing.
These days, it seems like a lady is incomplete if she isn't married or in a relationship. Infact, recently i started feeling that way, my single friends all got hooked up and just yesterday, d last of them just found a girlfriend. I saw myself asking some questions but in the long run i realised that it's not just about being in a relationship but the quality of the relationship. I encouraged myself and now i do encourage the single ladies here: Be whole in yourself first! I'd rather be single than be in an abusive relationship or in one in which the guy makes me feel like crap or doesn't have any regards for me. It's life draining and i'm made for much more than that. I'd rather be my best while charting my future than dribbling my destiny in the hands of so many guys just in d endless search for Mr. Right. There should be no space in your heart for 'make-do' relationships. No! That time would be better invested in your future. Know your worth! You're too precious for child's play.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ichidodo: 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
taio luv:

And who is the Birthday gurl ? You are, yes you are. And who is gonna be the luckiest girl in the world, you are yes you are. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU grin grin grin grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 2:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
ichidodo: . E don tay wey i don dey admire carmillion o! But e b like her level pass me na im i reduce frequency to 'secret admirer' read my poems about her @ mr val thread here in the romance section.

Thanks for everything.The poem,the admiration,and the sense of humor.nice meeting yousmiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2013
I believe this problem has come to stay- honestly, not every lady that desires and wishes to marry would marry, and on the contrary, every man that desires to marry will definitely marry, thats where life is unfair to the women...sad, sad...

Ladies, try and happy while you are single...I know its hard cos it makes u feel like u are the worst person, I know u may not be, but try and be the best u can to attract the best men possible, and if they arent coming as a result of maybe- your location, your past (maybe ur a single mother out of mistake, etc) or maybe for one thing, then take the bull by the horns and reach out for him.

Western civilization has not helped us in this. it has done more harm than good to Nigeria's marriage, relationship and family system. Naturally, an African woman is not meant to be over exposed to western lifestyles like- clubbing, drinking, working round the clock, flying up and down, partying, etc...yes, I may sound archaic but thats the truth. The Nigerian men still have that innate fear or will I say phobia for highly exposed single ladies, and this owe tribute to career women in the past who misused the opportunity to be financially productive.

Some abandoned their husbands, stopped cooking for their husband cos when they return from their usual work or time-consuming career, they are exhausted and can't lift a pin, so they just bathe, fly to the bed and most times refuse their husbands their matrimonial rights, which led to so many failed marriages and even led Nigerian men into promiscuity thats now so rampant like cholera during world war 2.

Now, if you are a career lady and you are still single, I have to be honest with you that you need to do extra work to convince your suitor or guys watching that you will be a different wife and mother cos this scare guys. reason you see most giant entrepreneurs and well to do Nigerian men getting married to ladies you will be wondering- are they blind? cos the ladies may not be so that physically pretty, educated, exposed, etc...it is because those men don't care about how much the woman has cos they have acquired enough already or they know they can acquire even more than enough and just want a companion they can trust to build a happy home and not another man in the house that they would end up contesting the post of man.

No man wants to marry his fellow man. Getting married to some ladies sometimes look like marrying your fellow man. They may be so beautiful in the eye, so elegant, but arrogant, not humble, not submissive, pompous, carried away by career or chase for money and fame, and no reasonable man who isn't a gold-digger want to marry such a woman. a man wants to hustle outside and come back home to laugh, crack jokes and play happily with his wife and kids (when they arrive), and not to hustle outside and still come back home to start hustling again with someone he called a wife, thats bad.

I am only trying to open the eyes of single ladies reading this...these are some of what's scaring Nigerian guys from getting married.

I have a story of a relation to a friend who married a lady and took her to UK and the moment the lady arrived UK and got her papers, things fell apart...this is so rampant, ladies changing after they are wedded and have kids. some make life miserable for the man who sometimes brought them from the abyss of poverty back in Nigeria to UK or United States just because they witnessed western exposure. Seriously, western exposures have not done good to our women here in Nigeria, so let the wise ladies learn pls for their own good.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 2:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
DailyNews: This is a wonderful green light, and any guy that likes you will definitely decode this signal and then send his own codes and possibly get your own signal jammed and the whole warfare begins from there....you did well, thumbs up! Sorry it didn't lead to where it ought to...what happened to him

Nice one... smiley
it got really complicated after 3yrs, family ish and all, we just saw ourselves seperatin,distance 2, we r very good friends though he still does d I love u's
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 2:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
taio luv:

Happy birthday sweetie kiss Jer 29:11, it is well wit all our souls, read it and meditate on it, it's comfortin smiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 05, 2013
LondyC: [color=#770077][/color] this is a very interesting thread and i'd not pass without contributing.
These days, it seems like a lady is incomplete if she isn't married or in a relationship. Infact, recently i started feeling that way, my single friends all got hooked up and just yesterday, d last of them just found a girlfriend. I saw myself asking some questions but in the long run i realised that it's not just about being in a relationship but the quality of the relationship. I encouraged myself and now i do encourage the single ladies here: Be whole in yourself first! I'd rather be single than be in an abusive relationship or in one in which the guy makes me feel like crap or doesn't have any regards for me. It's life draining and i'm made for much more than that. I'd rather be my best while charting my future than dribbling my destiny in the hands of so many guys just in d endless search for Mr. Right. There should be no space in your heart for 'make-do' relationships. No! That time would be better invested in your future. Know your worth! You're too precious for child's play.
Every good lady who desires to marry will definitely find a suitable husband. Yes, you are right when u said that the search for Mr. Right might be an endless one cos most Mr. Right might have given up their search before getting to their Miss Right, so Miss Right should as well reach out to Mr. Right.

And now, what I don't always understand is this usual single ladies' statement- That time would be better invested in your future. Know your worth! You're too precious for child's play. Face your career, face your studies, face your this and that...and sometimes they add- and forget about men cos they don't worth it, really I do wonder when I hear all those.

Dangote is the richest man in Nigeria, he is married, I guess happily married. Adenuga is the second, also happily married. Now to stars, Tuface is the most popular musician in Nigeria of today and he is happily married too, and he is very famous too. All these men were able to mind their businesses, investments, careers, etc and still showed true concern towards women. Why must black women always think that they need to see men as evil to mind their career and to be happy? And if u research well, u will discover that its always after they had wasted their years chasing wind that they start using this derogatory phrase, why?

Can't a lady be successful financially, career-wise and still be humble enough to respect men and not cross the line? Is it so difficult to do? It seems we need UAE, Dubai's approach in Nigeria whereby women will be sent back to stay at home and watch films and do house chores while we fetch the money and give them so they can come back to their original creation- humble, submissive and responsible lovely creatures. These western exposure, chasing money and career of a thing seem to be doing our women more harm than good from all indications cry cry cry
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
Maya2pretty: it got really complicated after 3yrs, family ish and all, we just saw ourselves seperatin,distance 2, we r very good friends though he still does d I love u's
Eh ya...sorry about that...now I see....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many more wishes @taio luv: enjoy and be happy cos its ur day smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by chichi254: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
DailyNews: Now you have defined what I call male-stupidity! Chasing a girl who made it known to you that she doesn't care, gosh! Some guys lack integrity and masculine ego. For what Come on, sorry to sound this way @chichi, are you The Queen of Sheba for him to be drolling like that? Is he enchanted or bewitched He should have moved on, if chichi says NO, there are thousand and one more prettier, trendier, more intelligent and more exposed girls than chichi out there waiting to welcome and celebrate him like King Solomon, so why chase a girl who showed no interest in you Now, I see why Nigerian ladies lack respect for the guys, gosh! This has to stop!!! Any guy thats reading this and he does this, pls for the sake of the entire male integrity, stop that useless attitude from NOW!! When one girl turns you down or says NO to you, there are thousands if not millions of better girls out there ready to embrace and celebrate you, majority of Nigerian guys don't know this or maybe they know but are just on a bad mission to hit and run like I hear them call it.

grin grin u sound real funny. U knw, sometimes i wonder as well. Abeg i'm none of d above o. But d point is that love sometimes seems partial or one sided. In such case, it can't be reciprocated.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by SimplYeahmee(m): 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2013
taio luv:

Happy Birthday taio luv.
ℓ̊ pray that our faithful lord will meet the desires Ơ̴͡f ur heart.
ℓ̊ bid U̶̲̥̅̊ congratulations in advance. Do send us ℓ̊.v Õoooº°˚
Faithful is the Lord. He is too faithful to fail
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
DailyNews: Every good lady who desires to marry will definitely find a suitable husband. Yes, you are right when u said that the search for Mr. Right might be an endless one cos most Mr. Right might have given up their search before getting to their Miss Right, so Miss Right should as well reach out to Mr. Right.

And now, what I don't always understand is this usual single ladies' statement- That time would be better invested in your future. Know your worth! You're too precious for child's play. Face your career, face your studies, face your this and that...and sometimes they add- and forget about men cos they don't worth it, really I do wonder when I hear all those.

Dangote is the richest man in Nigeria, he is married, I guess happily married. Adenuga is the second, also happily married. Now to stars, Tuface is the most popular musician in Nigeria of today and he is happily married too, and he is very famous too. All these men were able to mind their businesses, investments, careers, etc and still showed true concern towards women. Why must black women always think that they need to see men as evil to mind their career and to be happy? And if u research well, u will discover that its always after they had wasted their years chasing wind that they start using this derogatory phrase, why?

Can't a lady be successful financially, career-wise and still be humble enough to respect men and not cross the line? Is it so difficult to do? It seems we need UAE, Dubai's approach in Nigeria whereby women will be sent back to stay at home and watch films and do house chores while we fetch the money and give them so they can come back to their original creation- humble, submissive and responsible lovely creatures. These western exposure, chasing money and career of a thing seem to be doing our women more harm than good from all indications cry cry cry

Dailynews, I wouldn't agree the bolded with you except if 'happily married' has a new meaning. I remember a rumour that Dangote's wife wanted to divorce him because he didn't have enough time for her amongst others. Adenuga probably has numerous girlfriends while Tu Baba has six children from 3 women. He has been cheating on Annie for years and you call them happily married? Annie knows she only has the surname while she still shares the body, mind and soul of her 'beloved husband' with various women.

A woman submits to a man's love. Do the men love the women genuiuely? If the men in their lives love them, they will naturally want that man to be happy and do everything to make him happy. No husband deserves submission by default; he earns it by loving his wife unconditionally. Any man complaining of submission should check himself first. Jesus Christ is our Lord because he died on the cross and not because he feels like it. God also has proved that he is worthy of worship. The concept of submission in marriage comes from the relationship between Christ and the church. Yes, a lot of women have it all and still have happy homes. Granted that some women are proud because they have arrived but we also have men like that too.

Are you claiming that UAE women are all 'happily married?'

And finally, women should invest in their future. They should not waste their God given potentials because they want to be a 'mrs'. No man can make you happy or fulfilled; Joy comes from within and fulfillment from knowing that you have done waht you are created to do.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
DailyNews: Can't a lady be successful financially, career-wise and still be humble enough to respect men and not cross the line? Is it so difficult to do? It seems we need UAE, Dubai's approach in Nigeria whereby women will be sent back to stay at home and watch films and do house chores while we fetch the money and give them so they can come back to their original creation- humble, submissive and responsible lovely creatures. These western exposure, chasing money and career of a thing seem to be doing our women more harm than good from all indications cry cry cry

Ol bros, the matter dey vex you o
The ladies have opened pandoras box and will never accept to be re domesticated cheesycheesycheesy

Long life and prosperity yto yo@taio_luv, may your wishes come true in this new year of your
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
biolabee:

The ladies have opened pandoras box and will never accept to be re domesticated cheesycheesycheesy
yeah...but they should not let that deter their natural being smiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2013
bukatyne:

Dailynews, I wouldn't agree the bolded with you except if 'happily married' has a new meaning. I remember a rumour that Dangote's wife wanted to divorce him because he didn't have enough time for her amongst others. Adenuga probably has numerous girlfriends while Tu Baba has six children from 3 women. He has been cheating on Annie for years and you call them happily married? Annie knows she only has the surname while she still shares the body, mind and soul of her 'beloved husband' with various women.

A woman submits to a man's love. Do the men love the women genuiuely? If the men in their lives love them, they will naturally want that man to be happy and do everything to make him happy. No husband deserves submission by default; he earns it by loving his wife unconditionally. Any man complaining of submission should check himself first. Jesus Christ is our Lord because he died on the cross and not because he feels like it. God also has proved that he is worthy of worship. The concept of submission in marriage comes from the relationship between Christ and the church. Yes, a lot of women have it all and still have happy homes. Granted that some women are proud because they have arrived but we also have men like that too.

Are you claiming that UAE women are all 'happily married?'

And finally, women should invest in their future. They should not waste their God given potentials because they want to be a 'mrs'. No man can make you happy or fulfilled; Joy comes from within and fulfillment from knowing that you have done waht you are created to do.
bukatyneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....sounds like butane cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked...valid points from you... grin grin...I had to agree to all your words, so true...hmmmm...this life eh....wahala dey o grin grin cheesy
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2013
DailyNews:

No man wants to marry his fellow man. Getting married to some ladies sometimes look like marrying your fellow man. They may be so beautiful in the eye, so elegant, but arrogant, not humble, not submissive, pompous, carried away by career or chase for money and fame, and no reasonable man who isn't a gold-digger want to marry such a woman. a man wants to hustle outside and come back home to laugh, crack jokes and play happily with his wife and kids (when they arrive), and not to hustle outside and still come back home to start hustling again with someone he called a wife, thats bad.

I am only trying to open the eyes of single ladies reading this...these are some of what's scaring Nigerian guys from getting married.

I like this.. you try
You make sense

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by bukatyne(f): 5:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
DailyNews: bukatyneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....sounds like butane cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked...valid points from you... grin grin...I had to agree to all your words, so true...hmmmm...this life eh....wahala dey o grin grin cheesy
Butane ko, Hexane ni wink wink.
Are were you a chemistry student? grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by taioluv: 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
@carmelion,temi4fash,ichidodo,maya2pretty

@Dailynews, simplyyeahmee, biolabee.

Ur words make me happy,
Tank u for ur prayers and wishes,God will surely enlarge our coast IJN

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 5:46pm On Mar 05, 2013
^^^^^

blushes

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (181) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / If You Talk To Girls In These 3 Ways, They Will Fall Crazily In Love With You / My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.