Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:24 AM

Nairaland Detection Club - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club (55424 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
Efemena_xy: @ Red & Mazi: I do apologize sincerely from the bottom of my heart to you guys. I was wrong in biting your heads off and I'm sorry. Na stress cause am.
Friends??
Mazi_Omenuko: I never stopped being your friend, and will never stop: even if you pierce my fragile heart with red-hot metal
HAA...the sweet smell of friendship... smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 11:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
^^ Oga. angry

Isn't it past your bedtime sef? tongue cheesy

HumbledbYGrace: Madam E! Why did Tracy have to die

Here is ma quote of the day....if you don't approve it in 30 minutes...my detective hushband will dzeal with u

"Wd dip our colors in honour of you, dear women comrades, who march into battle together with the man."

HumbledbyGrace

Such is life o!

Methinks, because she mixed with the wrong crowd, perhaps?

Oahray: hehehe... Nice thing I'm not writing next. Would have exposed her as a tool of the anonymous 6th member before killing her off grin

But you wicked nor be small o! grin grin

frank3.16:
Nice work Efe, your piece gat me tripping for u.

But allow me to scream, weep and mourn my darlin Tracy.

Ahhhhhhhhh, oooohhhhh why oh why.

But seriously u for no kill this babe na, I had some plans for her... Ok, I guess we just have to move on.

Thanks jare...but I miss her more...

Foxy_Rebirth:

Was that for me.... I'm still trying to develop the story in my head. Itz just that my day is a long way off yet appears closer than my two balls together

Now this promises to be interesting - care to expand further, foxy? grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 11:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Choi!!! You killed Tracy! Now who's lucan going to 'tidy' You didn't even allow him the pleasure of one round of something before killing his gf!!!

#. . .thinking aloud. . .shebi lucan is allowed to do a flash back of the good times he had with his girl. . .#

gringringrin

Ok, lemmie go and start work joor.

Lol! Seriously, you are incorrigible!

Okay, if you really wanna tread that path, you've got to look closer at the story. There's still scope for some er...er...randiness between the characters. Take for example, the relationship between Susanna Ibe and Dr Suleman. They obviously have got the hots for each other and share the same morbid passions for the dead / dead bodies.

So, you can twist the story in such a way that they both get their freak on at his place of work! That kinda throws extra spice to the story, don't you think? Now this "tangle" of theirs can be right in the morgue filled with the dead, or even on a stretcher between a couple of dead bodies. Or you could even step it up a bit further where they actually get down to it on a stretcher with a dead body! Afterall, they both admit to being quite sick, don't they? Sometimes, doing things the "normal" way could be quite boring.

On the other hand, if you really must do flashbacks, it might be plausible to do one of Amina and Senator Koko, rather than Lucan who obviously has got bigger things to worry about and is currently grief-stricken about the loss of his girl...

What d'you think? smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Oga.
Isn't it past your bedtime sef?
Ha me...abi king of the night oh cheesycheesy
Really like the STRUCTURE and ARRANGEMENT of your story...picked up a thing or two myselfcheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 11:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
^^ Seriously?

Tell me, what did you pick up from it? cheesy

Re: King of the night...abi you mean night watchman? grin grin wink
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Seriously?

Tell me, what did you pick up from it? cheesy
1-Structure and arrangement...as you read earlier.
2-Your power of description especially in the photo shoot scene;ever been a model or something??
3-Dialogue between characters was believable and cool especially btw the er...sick Mortician and his lover(can't remember her name now)...NICE WORK.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2013
Is Tracy 'really' dead
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 11:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
^^ Yeah.

She moved with a formidable group, remember?

Xsolutions:
1-Structure and arrangement...as you read earlier.
2-Your power of description especially in the photo shoot scene;ever been a model or something??
3-Dialogue between characters was believable and cool especially btw the er...sick Mortician and his lover(can't remember her name now)...NICE WORK.

Jeez! Thanks man!!

You know, if I had a bit more time, I would have taken it a bit further. You know, Lucan and David spotting the killer slinking off into the night, both of them (or rather Lucan) giving chase, the killer taking him round bends and dark alleyways, then turning round a firing a couple of shots from an .AK44, Lucan dodging the bullets...and him nearly catching up with the killer as the killer jumps in a waiting get-away car...Lucan throwing himself on the bonnet of the car, clinging on...the driver swerving madly from left to right in an attempt to throw him off the car onto the dual carriage highway...

Ahhh....this has really got my creative juices flowing again. No, I've got to stop this now lipsrsealed I've already done my piece...so I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the show, jare. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
Efemena_xy:
You know, if I had a bit more time, I would have taken it a bit further. You know, Lucan and David spotting the killer slinking off into the night, both of them (or rather Lucan) giving chase, the killer taking him round bends and dark alleyways, then turning round a firing a couple of shots from an .AK44, Lucan dodging the bullets...and him nearly catching up with the killer as the killer jumps in a waiting get-away car...Lucan throwing himself on the bonnet of the car, clinging on...the driver swerving madly from left to right in an attempt to throw him off the car onto the dual carriage highway...

Ahhh....this has really got my creative juices flowing again. No, I've got to stop this now lipsrsealed I've already done my piece...so I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the show, jare. cheesy
NAWA O...this one na confirmed AMELICAN action film oh shocked Kai!!!
Anyway maybe the next writer could lend this...as long as its OK with you.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 12:15am On Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, Mazi's free to use it, if he so wishes...not a problem smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 21, 2013
Hmmm. Efemena you wan help the next person write? Stop putting your own ideas in their heads Jo. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 12:42am On Feb 21, 2013
Lol!

Na Xsolutions cause am... lipsrsealed embarassed tongue

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 12:55am On Feb 21, 2013
Efemena_xy: Lol!

Na Xsolutions cause am... lipsrsealed embarassed tongue
GEE... grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by movmentish(m): 4:28am On Feb 21, 2013
Efe killed it!!!! cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 4:50am On Feb 21, 2013
Efemena_xy:

So, you can twist the story in such a way that they both get their freak on at his place of work! That kinda throws extra spice to the story, don't you think? Now this "tangle" of theirs can be right in the morgue filled with the dead, or even on a stretcher between a couple of dead bodies. Or you could even step it up a bit further where they actually get down to it on a stretcher with a dead body! Afterall, they both admit to being quite sick, don't they? Sometimes, doing things the "normal" way could be quite boring.

Now this is some ...SICK shiit right here!! shocked shocked angry

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 4:55am On Feb 21, 2013
Efemena_xy: You know, Lucan and David spotting the killer slinking off into the night, both of them (or rather Lucan) giving chase, the killer taking him round bends and dark alleyways, then turning round a firing a couple of shots from an .AK44, Lucan dodging the bullets...and him nearly catching up with the killer as the killer jumps in a waiting get-away car...Lucan throwing himself on the bonnet of the car, clinging on...the driver swerving madly from left to right in an attempt to throw him off the car onto the dual carriage highway...

Lol. Someone has been watching too many action movies. grin tongue

Lemme go and read the update before I comment further. Been busier than a worker ant these past few days.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 6:38am On Feb 21, 2013
Ishilove:
Now this is some ...SICK shiit right here!! shocked shocked angry

grin grin It is, isn't it? cool

Ishilove:
Lol. Someone has been watching too many action movies. grin tongue

Result of an over active imagination, I guess... embarassed embarassed undecided tongue
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 10:59am On Feb 21, 2013
I've read the remaining parts of Efe's chapter. It is very obvious that Efe is a rookie in the detective genre, but for a rookie, she did one hell of a smashing job. I could sense her struggling in many parts, while she seemed hesitant in others, but at the end of the day, she delivered the goods. That's how you recognise those with real talent. smiley
I really hope I can do as good a job as she did. Even as I type, I am mentally gnawing my fingernails. sad embarassed

A few points; Efe, it would have been better if you had explored the train of Lucan's thoughts as he and David up the stairs to his apartment. Then when he got to the door of the bedroom, more exploration was needed. Remember he left her sleeping and you pointed out that she looked like she was sleeping, so I feel a brief description of Lucan's emotions as he advanced towards the 'sleeping' Tracy would have made a more powerful ending.

'Lucan had an imminent sense of foreboding' - Scratch the 'imminent'. 'Sense of foreboding' suffices. Also, you don't 'HAVE' a sense of foreboding, you 'FEEL' a sense of foreboding. We have our five senses which are inbuilt in humans, they are physical, but the 'sense of foreboding' is psychological. Alien. Not like the five senses of the human body, so it is 'felt'.

I sometimes wonder why I am so fussy. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by FoxyRebirth(m): 11:01am On Feb 21, 2013
Ishilove: I've read the remaining parts of Efe's chapter. It is very obvious that Efe is a rookie in the detective genre, but for a rookie, she did one hell of a smashing job. I could sense her struggling in many parts, while she seemed hesitant in others, but at the end of the day, she delivered the goods. That's how you recognise those with real talent. smiley
I really hope I can do as good a job as she did. Even as I type, I am mentally gnawing my fingernails. sad embarassed

A few points; it would have been better if you had explored the train of Lucan's thoughts as he and David up the stairs to his apartment. Then when he got to the door of the bedroom, more exploration was needed. Remember he left her sleeping and you pointed out that she looked like she was sleeping, so I think a brief description of Lucan's emotions as he advanced at the 'sleeping' Tracy would have made a more powerful ending.

'Lucan had an imminent sense of foreboding'- Scratch the 'imminent'. 'Sense of foreboding' suffices. Also, you don't have a sense of foreboding, you 'FEEL' a sense of foreboding. We have our five senses which are inbuilt in humans, it is physical, but the 'sense of foreboding' is psychological. Alien. Not like the five senses of the human body.

Me too grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 11:07am On Feb 21, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

Me too grin grin grin
Oya clap for ya sef. undecided
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 11:12am On Feb 21, 2013
Hehehe... Ishi turn dey come. Amen somebody! grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 11:33am On Feb 21, 2013
Ishilove:
Oya clap for ya sef. undecided
kpa kpa kpa kpa hurray!!!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 11:34am On Feb 21, 2013
Oahray: Hehehe... Ishi turn dey come. Amen somebody! grin
AMEEENN
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
Lol. Once I post, I will unfollow the thread. grin

Seriously though, I don't claim to be all knowing or perfect for that matter. I but I do lay claim to being thoroughly thorough. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
awomen!!!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ishilove: I've read the remaining parts of Efe's chapter. It is very obvious that Efe is a rookie in the detective genre, but for a rookie, she did one hell of a smashing job. I could sense her struggling in many parts, while she seemed hesitant in others, but at the end of the day, she delivered the goods. That's how you recognise those with real talent. smiley

Spot on there Ishi.

Like I've always said, writing detective / crime fiction is not my genre. Never done it before but hey, there's always a first time, eh? cheesy

Ishilove: A few points; Efe, it would have been better if you had explored the train of Lucan's thoughts as he and David up the stairs to his apartment. Then when he got to the door of the bedroom, more exploration was needed. Remember he left her sleeping and you pointed out that she looked like she was sleeping, so I feel a brief description of Lucan's emotions as he advanced towards the 'sleeping' Tracy would have made a more powerful ending.

I know, I know that o!

Funny, only you picked up on that. Yes, the last paragraph was abrupt, wasn't it? Ideally, I would have loved to 'flesh it out' a bit more, but as you know, time wasn't really on my side. I was actually thinking of doing some more work on that bit later on in the evening as I had a hectic schedule ahead of me...but I didn't want to risk missing my deadline. Heck, I wasn't even sure if I'd have enough strength within me to continue later that evening.

Besides, I had you and HBG "buzzing" in my ears that my chapter was too long na, abi? grin grin grin So make una take some of the blame jare tongue cool

Ishilove: 'Lucan had an imminent sense of foreboding' - Scratch the 'imminent'. 'Sense of foreboding' suffices. Also, you don't 'HAVE' a sense of foreboding, you 'FEEL' a sense of foreboding. We have our five senses which are inbuilt in humans, they are physical, but the 'sense of foreboding' is psychological. Alien. Not like the five senses of the human body, so it is 'felt'.

Now this is why I love you babes. You say it like it is. It's just the sort of critism I need to improve on my work. I don't like being molly cuddled and told it's fine, fine, fine, even when I've got errors glaring / literally shouting out from the pages I've written. I guess that's why many folks view my critique of other's work as being too harsh. I dey learn sha to tone it down..and if the work is really that bad, I go just keep schtum jare.

Anyway, making those changes now-now.

Ishilove:

Take it from me when I say you aren't fussy. Every good critic worth their salt is meant to pay attention to detail. That's exactly what you and Larry have done so far, and I appreciate you guys for your honesty.

@All, don't get me wrong o! I too am like any vain mortal around and do enjoy my fair share of flattery. It's ego boosting, but if you guys see errors in my work, kindly point them out to me. It's the only way I can get better! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
^^^^
na me like that post so o! cheesy cheesy
*1st to like things* tongue
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 4:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
brokoto: ^^^^
na me like that post so o! cheesy cheesy
*1st to like things* tongue
u no well
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by FoxyRebirth(m): 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
Rap maestro: u no well

Seconded
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
I would love to get Maclatunji's opinion on my chapter.

Where is he anyway? angry undecided
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
Pls check dis and comment on it pls..Advice,corrections e.t.c [url]nairaland.com/1181287/love-favour#14099814[/url]
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2013
Rap maestro: Pls check dis and comment on it pls..Advice,corrections e.t.c [Url]nairaland.com/love-favour[/url]

grin grin grin

You nor sabi quote links??

Oya come make I tish you... tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (76) (Reply)

The Bond That Can Never Be Broken / Sinister Affections Part 2 / Lost Of Virginity; An Early Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.