Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

Nairaland Detection Club - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club (55423 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 9:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
brokoto: Can I make a suggestion? Yes!

Is it possible to change or edit the title of that thread?

'nairaland writers collaboration'? Sounds really lame. Doesn't inspire someone to open the thread Jo. Abeg Larry consider this suggestion. Tank you :* :*°•ĸϊsš•°:* :*
Thanks for your suggestion, Brokoto. But I don't another title would be befitting because nobody among us knows the direction the story would be taking. Giving it a title now would be akin to putting the chariot before the horses. And talking of lame, 'Lucan The Hero' is even lamer, LOL! cheesy As far as I'm concerned, Lucan hasn't performed any heroic feat yet. Let's stick with the current title for now.

Mazi, you're very lucky o, Efemena has really prepared a table before you. I wish I were you now, I'd leave the next writer breathing hard.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

With 'veracious' and critique readers like ishi hovering around this thread, you only have to up your game.

Their is no amount of editing that will prevent her from picking up one or two mistakes; if its not the tenses, its the use of verbs and punctuation.

I tire oh!

I even saw larry pointing out a correction that punctuation should be inside a quote and not outside!! The thing tire me!!!

I can't help it embarassed grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Mazi, you're very lucky o, Efemena has really prepared a table before you. I wish I were you now, I'd leave the next writer breathing hard.

Awww...Now you make me blush Larry!

Thanks! cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
Oahray: *mounts machine e-gun on stand*
You said? angry
*hands him bullets*
Yes, Rap maestro, you were saying. angry
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2013
^^ shocked shocked grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2013
Larry-Sun:

And talking of lame, 'Lucan The Hero' is even lamer, LOL! cheesy
Tell me about it! cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 11:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
I'll like to know which writer would be able to link the events in Lucan's dream with reality. That is one loose end that could be left hanging for a long time Any writer who wish to tighten that end should give a plausible-enough explanation. Amina's ankle burn is a pointer though. She admitted being in the burning building, but what burning building? Was it the one where Koko's wife and children were barbecued alive? Or was there another building? And we shouldn't forget that guy who has Lucan's photographs scattered in his junk of a room.. There's something very fishy about him. He sleeps with a gun under his pillow.

Was Tracy shot or smothered with a pillow? I can't remember.

The stuffed naira and dollar notes in Koko's mouth, his manhood floating in a simk, and the grotesque symbols carved on his body...all these must be explained in latter chapters.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 11:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
Larry-Sun:
I'll like to know which writer would be able to link the events in Lucan's dream with reality. That is one loose end that could be left hanging for a long time Any writer who wish to tighten that end should give a plausible-enough explanation. Amina's ankle burn is a pointer though. She admitted being in the burning building, but what burning building? Was it the one where Koko's wife and children were barbecued alive? Or was there another building? And we shouldn't forget that guy who has Lucan's photographs scattered in his junk of a room.. There's something very fishy about him. He sleeps with a gun under his pillow.

The stuffed naira and dollar notes in Koko's mouth, his manhood floating in a simk, and the grotesque symbols carved on his body...all these must be explained in latter chapters.

I can answer each and every one of those questions Larry!

But the question is: should I? lipsrsealed

*** Yes, yes, I know may imagination goes into over drive most times...***
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 11:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I can answer each and every one of those questions Larry!

But the question is: should I? lipsrsealed

*** Yes, yes, I know may imagination goes into over drive most times...***
grin Don't you dare. You've had your first piece of the cake, and you've done justice to it. Wait for your turn again. By that time, you'd have more questions to answer than the contestant in a hotseat.

Where's HumbledbYGrace? I hope she's bracing up for her turn.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 11:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by sigmundfreud(m): 11:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ishilove:
Lol. Once I post, I will unfollow the thread. grin

Seriously though, I don't claim to be all knowing or perfect for that matter. I but I do lay claim to being thoroughly thorough. cheesy
?Obsessive traits...your strength is sometimes ur weakness!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 4:36am On Feb 22, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Thanks for your suggestion, Brokoto. But I don't another title would be befitting because nobody among us knows the direction the story would be taking. Giving it a title now would be akin to putting the chariot before the horses. And talking of lame, 'Lucan The Hero' is even lamer, LOL! cheesy As far as I'm concerned, Lucan hasn't performed any heroic feat yet. Let's stick with the current title for now.

ok noted. No title for now...

And Lucan the hero is definitely lamer. Has the suggestor been shot yet?

Efemena_xy: Personally, I think the present name is just perfect.

~ It's a Nairaland thing

~ The theme is detective based

~ It is a club formed by the collaboration of varied writers!
you might as well name all your stories here 'nairaland writer's e-story' na. Maybe story 1-100 since its written by a nairaland writer and its an e-story. Abi?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 4:37am On Feb 22, 2013
Larry-Sun:
I'll like to know which writer would be able to link the events in Lucan's dream with reality. That is one loose end that could be left hanging for a long time .

Its just a dream man. Let's just say his subconscious was aware of a looming danger ahead.

Larry-Sun:
And we shouldn't forget that guy who has Lucan's photographs scattered in his junk of a room.. There's something very fishy about him. He sleeps with a gun under his pillow.

I'm working on my chapter from that guy's angle. He is really turning out to be helpful grin

Larry-Sun:

I've done justice to that already.

Larry-Sun:

The stuffed naira and dollar notes in Koko's mouth, his manhood floating in a simk, and the grotesque symbols carved on his body...
That's just Moss overdoing it. Unless any other writer can throw more light on it, for me, I'm ignoring that part.

The fire incidence is still another part I'm ignoring, hoping on subsequent writers to do their bid. Efe already hinted that Amina was present at the burnt house at the heat of the moment, and Amina happens to be a member of the women's cult or whatever she called it. I think its easy to link, but I will leave that to the next writer.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 7:17am On Feb 22, 2013
^^ Can't wait to read your chapter, Mazi cool
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by IZUKWU(m): 7:28am On Feb 22, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Can't wait to read your chapter, Mazi cool
me , too. But efe you are seriously not keeping your campaign promises on that lola thread. The question is why ? Are you also a politician? Fulfill your promises! Damn it!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 7:44am On Feb 22, 2013
IZUKWU: me , too. But efe you are seriously not keeping your campaign promises on that lola thread. The question is why ? Are you also a politician? Fulfill your promises! Damn it!

I know embarassed

You've no idea how much I'd love to do that, but that thread is meant to be a communal effort thingy. It tends to get boring, having to weave the story alone and I don't want to be accused of hogging the story / being a selfish writer.

Anyway, I hear what you say and would look to update soonest.

Abeg, nor vex...
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 22, 2013
... DOUBLE POST
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 22, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I know embarassed

You've no idea how much I'd love to do that, but that thread is meant to be a communal effort thingy. It tends to get boring, having to weave the story alone and I don't want to be accused of hogging the story / being a selfish writer.

Anyway, I hear what you say and would look to update soonest.

Abeg, nor vex...
i will be very happy if u can update it.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 9:29am On Feb 22, 2013
Oahray: *mounts machine e-gun on stand*
You said? angry
why u come dey vex na, oya no vex..LUCAN D OAHRAYDRAGON SLAYER
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 9:34am On Feb 22, 2013
Ishilove:
*hands him bullets*
Yes, Rap maestro, you were saying. angry
Ladies,no vex nah,how about LUCAN,THE 9JA VERSION OF JACK BAUER Lolz
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 9:51am On Feb 22, 2013
^^ shocked shocked shocked

Just quit it, will you? grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 3:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Here is the link to the story:

Nairaland Writers Collaboration
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 6:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
[b]
I was thinking no-one would pick my clues, Efe went her own way and abandoned the "junk" and I thought others would too.
As for the notes stuffed in his mouth and cuts in Chief Koko's body and the mutilations. I have a reason for that. I didnt want to just create any kain suspect. I wanted to create a genius, one who believed in symbology and brains and subtle jabs and the likes, the naira in his mouth is a way of protraying his greed, his mutilated dik is a way of insulting his promiscuity, the symbols on his belly, any writer can twist this into any way he or she sees fit.
The crime scene, I left for the next writer, add more maggi to it and make it more spicy with clues. Its meant to be a detective novel, I've read a bit of Agatha and watched detective movies, a lot. So I know a lil about them clues stuf.
The suspect should maintain this genius intellect I've given him, Lucan needs to know what he's up against, a bad genius guy that is.
I'm really busy, I will still be here, but more in spirit than in body.
Peace
[/b]
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 7:00pm On Feb 22, 2013
Redmosquito: [b]
I was thinking no-one would pick my clues, Efe went her own way and abandoned the "junk" and I thought others would too.
As for the notes stuffed in his mouth and cuts in Chief Koko's body and the mutilations. I have a reason for that. I didnt want to just create any kain suspect. I wanted to create a genius, one who believed in symbology and brains and subtle jabs and the likes, the naira in his mouth is a way of protraying his greed, his mutilated dik is a way of insulting his promiscuity, the symbols on his belly, any writer can twist this into any way he or she sees fit.
The crime scene, I left for the next writer, add more maggi to it and make it more spicy with clues. Its meant to be a detective novel, I've read a bit of Agatha and watched detective movies, a lot. So I know a lil about them clues stuf.
The suspect should maintain this genius intellect I've given him, Lucan needs to know what he's up against, a bad genius guy that is.
I'm really busy, I will still be here, but more in spirit than in body.
Peace
[/b]

Whoa! Whoa!! Whoa!!! Hold your horses there Red!

Before you get all emotional on me here, I already apologized to both you and Mazi for comments I made earlier on, so why rake up the past again? For what purpose, if I may ask? If Mazi saw fit to accept my apology, then why can't you? Well, you don't have to if you don't want to. I can't force you, can I?

Now let's call a spade a spade here, okay? Despite the fact that I had a really hard time deciphering your chapter (re: constant useage of present tenses, grammatical errors, pidgin English and tautology and a definite skewer from the main theme at hand as pointed out by the other writers AND readers); I still worked with your storyline - i.e Lucan being set up.

If you really wanted the next writer to work with "a genius suspect who believed in symbology, brains and subtle jabs" as you put it, then you should have made a bit more effort to expand upon your storyline, develop your plots, and dialogue between your characters. What pointers did you give, if I may ask?

You need to realise that it's one thing having a perfect picture of what you want in your mind's eye, while communicating it effectively to the next person in such a way that they're in no doubt of what you're driving at (via the use of pointers) is another thing.

Red, what I'm trying to say here is this: It's your responsibility to make yourself as absolutely clear as possible, so that whoever is required to follow on after you is left in no doubt as to what your intentions are. And even then, it's entirely at the discretion of the writer to take it up or not. I did my best under very difficult circumstances.

Let's not forget that you had six days to make your contribution as robust as possible, while I had to contend with three days.

Thank You.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 7:16pm On Feb 22, 2013
^ ^ I ran away from the heat in my thread to rest small here. seems I have to find solace somewhere else!

Damn!!!

You really lost it there aunty efe!

#...let me ask Mynd if I can come over to his music section and rest...#
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 7:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
^^ I'm sorry Mazi, but someone's just got to say it like it really is.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
Efemena, I do not think Red meant any ill from his post. What I saw is he trying to explain all what he did not explain in his chapter, hence giving the subsequent writers something to work on (based on the questions I already stated). He really has no qualm with you. Hell! He kissed your feet for crying out loud.

I like the jovial and more understanding Efe better.

Bless you, ma'am.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Mynd44: 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
I see the usual, petty and childish bickering has not stopped.....Larry, abeg mail me when it is my turn

**unfollowing again**
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2013
Mynd_44: I see the usual, petty and childisj bickering has not stopped.....Larry, abeg mail me when it is my turn

**unfollowing again**
LOL! You'ree such a handful, Mynd. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Efemena, I do not think Red meant any ill from his post. What I saw is he trying to explain all what he did not explain in his chapter, hence giving the subsequent writers something to work on (based on the questions I already stated). He really has no qualm with you. Hell! He kissed your feet for crying out loud.

I like the jovial and more understanding Efe better.

Bless you, ma'am.

On the contrary, his first statement states otherwise and is loaded with innuendos.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2013
Efemena_xy:

On the contrary, his first statement states otherwise and is loaded with innuendos.
or you alone noticed the innuendo?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 9:39pm On Feb 22, 2013

Efe! Apology accepted!
U see my story as a junkyard, I have no problem with that, I even like the fact that u voiced ur opinion, its just fact, I cant fight ur truth.
I just want to show the pecks in the junk, thats why I wrote on its crytics.
I av to time to be looking for ur trouble, the beating u gave me last time, I still dey LUTH because of you, I no wan part two.

Mynd! Ur' Maynd!
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (76) (Reply)

The Bond That Can Never Be Broken / Sinister Affections Part 2 / Lost Of Virginity; An Early Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.