Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,640 members, 7,944,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 08:57 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462370 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by babiechic: 8:44am On Aug 12, 2011
@guddylover,tanx for dt.
But was dere a letter frm d skool to d embassy stating drt yuh dunt ve to pay till d embassy ordersyuh to?
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 8:51am On Aug 12, 2011
babiechic:

@guddylover,tanx for dt.
But was dere a letter frm d skool to d embassy stating drt yuh dunt ve to pay till d embassy ordersyuh to?

@babiechic, no the embassy already know about schools that don't require you to pay in advance unlike my school you pay on arrival that means i will have to get my visa first without paying.just add a tuition fee chart to include in your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 8:52am On Aug 12, 2011
chizquare:

@raphael: no study leave oh
@ tolualds: next week tuesday 16th

@chizquare,u mean you didnt your sponsor documents back from CDHC, i have some of my sponsor document with them that my sponsor will need back
Re: Travelling To Canada by okeys112(m): 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2011
judesuyi:

I applied on the 27th of April 2011, got medical request on 13th July and did my medicals July 19. CDHC also requested for Saudi police clearance certificate (because I have worked there before) but all efforts to get it proved unsuccessful as I was told in Saudi Embassy here in Nigeria that it is not available to residents outside the kingdom. Please what do I do? Do u think they will waive the document if I write CDHC explaining the situation?

@Judesuyi:What date after your Medicals were u told to present a Police Report from KSA?? How long did u work in KSA?? Did your company provide you with a letter of good standing?? I think you should explain to CDHC ur ordeal and its obstacles and see wait for a response to your communication.

joeburster:

@okeys112, i love d spirit. I'm heading for u of s also, msc bcm. I'll also be doing my medics on mon 15th. Wt r your plans for acc at the u of s? I believe u'll get there first cos my start date is sept 1, pls lets rub minds 2geda as we gradually  prepare our luggages for sask

@Joesburster: Kindly provide me with an Email addy to reach you on.
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2011
@cuddlemii

Oops, ur "ask 4 Aina" idea failed woefully 4 me, as far as i could go, some certain lady in glasses was only able to pencil me in 4 thursday next week. Anyother ideas 4 me dear? Btw, how were u able to do medicals on saturday? They only mentioned Mon-Fri na. Hook me up ur connect na, make i give u present wink.

@Chukie94

Bros, i submit on the 7th of june and when i went to try and "chance" today, i was given the 18th of August (next week thursday).

@Judesuyi

Guy, there must be a way to get a saudi police report on the CHDC website. Was the request to provide ur saudi police report sent with ur medicals or Before or After?

@Newacca

Oga, how far wiv every?

@Chizquare @Longecity

I hail u guys oh!

@Medical peeps
Is the price at VI just 28000 alone? I used to hear bout 3000 4 something else sha. Which one is dat one.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2011
EpicWin:

@cuddlemii

Oops, your "ask 4 Aina" idea failed woefully 4 me, as far as i could go, some certain lady in glasses was only able to pencil me in 4 thursday next week. Anyother ideas 4 me dear? Btw, how were u able to do medicals on saturday? They only mentioned Mon-Fri na. Hook me up your connect na, make i give u present wink.

Its God I guess. Well I have been calling to speak to Aina through out this week but no luck. Its like they have moved her away from the reception. Probably someone from here has gone to jam talk. Anyways, I asked someone to get her for me. I was asked to call back at exactly 4:30pm. I will inquire on your behalf.

What time did you go there?
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 3:54pm On Aug 12, 2011
@cuddlemii

I was there as early as 7:10 oh. I even took breakfast at cafe trenche sef, but that glasses lady dabaru evry. Thanks 4 calling on my behalf. Your present awaits.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2011
@judesuyi,
Pls.try and get in touch with CDHC first,tell them of the new update and if they insist that u should produce the saudi police clearance,try to be bold and request them to issue you a kinda letter demanding u to get the saudi police report,then go with the letter to saudi embassy and explain things to them. Remain optimistic,bold and prayerful brother. There will be a way by the grace of God.

@Epicwin,
Still waiting to hear from CDHC after medicals ooo. I hope to receive good news(God willing)
Thanx.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2011
landed Safely in Calgary,
what a long flight
This city is just too fine but very very sparsely populated with very nice people around
I am praying for you guys out there still waiting on CDHC
It shall be well in Jesus name
AMEN!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2011
IgweBLaze:

what a long flight
This city is just too fine but very very sparsely populated with very nice people around
AMEN!!!!!

@igweblaze, am very very happy for you and i hope we expecting to hear from CDHC will all hear good news accordingly, please can i ask some Questions, when did you apply,when did you get your medicals done and when did you get your visa, i want to know how long it take the embassy to recieve the medical result from the hospital, i have done my medical and am waiting to get my visa,am going to University of Lethbridge.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2011
IgweBLaze:

what a long flight
AMEN!!!!!

Congrats dear. How is SAIT? Have you gotten an accommodation outside school? Lucky you, you are going to attend the orientation. You went quite early though. All the best dear.

EpicWin:

@cuddlemii

I was there as early as 7:10 oh. I even took breakfast at cafe trenche sef, but that glasses lady dabaru evry. Thanks 4 calling on my behalf. Your present awaits.

Lolz this Epicwin sef. Wetin concern Charger & spoon. If you ate at Buka, how does it benefit me. No wonder you missed a session, na food you go dey chop. I no even notice any cafe or o'le, na hustling to do medicals I go for and I was very sharp. Instead make you use that money shake body there na food u dey chop.

Anyways there is no available date so you are lucky to have gotten Thursday. She said she would let me know if she can squeeze you for 15 or 16th. I told her you are my step brother. If I were you sha, I would just get there tomorrow morning, I now have her mobile number so I can give you. Tell her you are from me. Get there latest 9am, you never can tell, you might be lucky. Even if you are the last they would attend to, always be persistent. You have nothing to loose. Or you wait for Thursday which is very ok as they r fully booked till Sept.
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2011
@cuddlemii

Chai, u r just too awesome jare. I owe u lunch + dinner and a big wet kiss. Ermm, abeg send me ur nos. Mail it to laksidesvibe@gmail.com.
Re: Travelling To Canada by judesuyi: 12:37am On Aug 13, 2011
@All, thank you all for your wonderful advice. I received an email from CDHC today granting me a Saudi police clearance waiver and assuring that my application will be finalised as soon as possible. Glory be to GOD.
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 12:50am On Aug 13, 2011
@judesuyi

Congrats are in order then. Its well with all of us oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada by judesuyi: 1:06am On Aug 13, 2011
@IgweBLaze,

What airline did you board and cost?
Re: Travelling To Canada by okeys112(m): 1:33am On Aug 13, 2011
judesuyi:

@All, thank you all for your wonderful advice. I received an email from CDHC today granting me a Saudi police clearance waiver and assuring that my application will be finalised as soon as possible. Glory be to GOD.

@judesuyi: What did you tell the VO for the VO to have granted you a Saudi Police Clearance waiver?? Did u communicate with the VO in person or via Email?? I have search the internet on ur behalf for a possible solution to ur dilemma, NOTHING!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by judesuyi: 1:53am On Aug 13, 2011
@okeys112

I wrote a letter to the VO explaining all the efforts I made to get the PCC but non was successful. The letter was sent via DHL and I got the waiver reply via email.
Re: Travelling To Canada by okeys112(m): 2:22am On Aug 13, 2011
judesuyi:

@okeys112

I wrote a letter to the VO explaining all the efforts I made to get the PCC but non was successful. The letter was sent via DHL and I got the waiver reply via email.

@Judesuyi: At what point did they even ask you for this Police Clearance Certificate sef?? was it same time u were told to do your medicals or after ur Medicals??
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 3:55am On Aug 13, 2011
@guddylover
as far as you've done your medicals, you've got no problems
i think it would take you not less than 4 weeks to receive your visa
sometimes you need to make the hospital know you need the medical results sent to Paris as soon as possible
i sent my application on the 13th of June, medicals were done the next day and visa was picked up by 6th of July, the process is faster with the CHC in Ghana but you need a resident permit before it would be accepted
you should be fine though, entertain no anxiety ok!!!

@judesuyi
KLM at $2096

@cuddlemii
left early because that was when the cheapest flight was available
i met a friend here so i am putting up with him for now while we sort out the accommodation, trying to get the best for less
the school is cool though and its waiting for your smooooth arrival!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by longecity: 5:34am On Aug 13, 2011
@igweblaze
I thank GOD for granting u a journey mercy.pls I just want to ask that what re d challenges u face at the port of entry.what re d document u show CBSA.how much money at hand.what re d question u were asked.cos av gotten my visa and will leaving soon by the grace of Almighty GOD.looking forward to hearing from u.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by joeburster: 5:53am On Aug 13, 2011
@okeys112, atake.ogaga@usask.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 6:42am On Aug 13, 2011
@all went for medicals yesterday(12th Aug) @ VI

@IgweBLaze In Calgary so early? shocked wow thats blazing hot! Hopefully we get to see in a couple of weeks ey. Were there any peculiar challenges at the point of entry?

@judesuyi Congrats 2 U! Optimism pays
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 11:58am On Aug 13, 2011
EpicWin:

@judesuyi

Congrats are in order then. Its well with all of us oh.

You this un serious man. The Aina just called me and said you have to be there latest 12:30pm now. I don't know how you will fly to the Island. I suggest you take a bike. Call her. After all my trouble yesterday. Shebi I asked you to go there this morning, hiss
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2011
@all
sorry av been busy with travel plans. i did my medicals on the 15th of july, got a call from d VO to pay for one full yr not 1 term on 3rd of august. got my visa on the 10th though d date on it is 5th
@longecity
just a letter and passport, concerning how much u need to show dem at d port my colleague left yesterday so i shld hear from him soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2011
@iso_savvy and longecity
really no particular challenges at POE
after passing through customs, you go straight to immigration where u submit your passoport and the letter sent to you by the embassy.
your study permit would then be printed for you
but you've got to answer questions like why are you in canada, which school would you be attennding, what are you going to study and then your accomodation arrangements.
i wasn't asked how much i had on me but you don't have to bring in more than $10000CAD as this is against their laws. i wasn't checked for that but you never know
all the same, absolutely no problems with POE
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2011
@ all: who sends the report to paris? the hospital or the embassy?

@ cuddlemii: umm.u sound like a guy.lol.oops. sorry jst curious. u a guy or a chick?lol.in btw do u think wednesday wud be fine for my medical?i mean wont it be too late?

@ all again: I guess this forum is for achievers.lol.everyone on this place all have one good news or the other.besides we chat n share info like we hv known in the world before.lol. keep the fire burning guys!! cheers to the future.
Re: Travelling To Canada by longecity: 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2011
@Igweblaze
Thanks for the info,infact I really appreciate it.pls one more tin. Did u go along wt bank statement of ur sponsor,do dey ask for it at POE.
Thank you for the info,it really helps alot
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2011
@longecity
i had a copy with me but wasn't asked about it but it's best to have a copy on you because you never know
Re: Travelling To Canada by marcar(m): 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2011
chukie94:

@ cuddlemii: umm.u sound like a guy.lol.oops. sorry jst curious. u a guy or a chick?lol.in btw do u think wednesday wud be fine for my medical?i mean wont it be too late?

@ all again: I guess this forum is for achievers.lol.everyone on this place all have one good news or the other.besides we chat n share info like we hv known in the world before.lol. keep the fire burning guys!! cheers to the future.

From my understanding the hospital collect the sample and send the sample to the embassy, the embassy then send the sample to Paris!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2011
chukie94:

@chukie: umm u sound like a horror movie character.lol, oops. sorry jst curious. u r an animation or human? lol. in between wish I gave you today's spot. Epic wasted a medical session today. So I am done helping anyone. Wed is fine. Less than a week, its sent to the embassy. emm chucky, i am chick.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2011
@ cuddleme: i wanna make some personal inquiries pls send your mobile to my mail tolualadetoyinbo@gmail.com. thanks.

@ chukie94: how will u ask if cuddleme is male or female, any guy dat names himself cuddleme is definitely gay! lol! so def cuddleme is a she. grin

Back to business, I submitted my application on the 13th of May, received my medical call on the 4th of August, did my medicals on the 5th of August. I went to the hospital in yaba yesterday and they said my medicals was sent to Paris on the 11th of August. So the test samples, observations and recommendations are sent to Paris CDHC Paris makes a final recommendation. It then goes from Paris to the embassy here in Lagos.

That's it to the best of my knowledge brov.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2011
@ All: How long does it take in all, for medical results to get to the embassy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.