Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,643 members, 7,944,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:07 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462373 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2011
@Tolualds, it takes two weeks and some days to get back to the embassy , they use the remender to work on ur visa.the embassy says visa 3-4weeks after medical instruction b4 visa is issues.
@chizquare, did u go ahead to make the tuition payment for the other terms?how much is ur school fees per term.i paid 6700 cad dol for 1 term of 3 terms.Hope it does nt apply to me too?dat will mean having to pay another 10,000dol.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 9:09pm On Aug 13, 2011
@obietrix
1st yr is 8000cad 2nd yr is 4000cad. i paid 8k

how long is ur program
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2011
Hi All, I'm currently a SAIT student. i'm a naija boi. so feel free to ask any questions. im always willing to help and goodluck to those coming in september. i hope u enjoy ur studies and stay in canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 11:23pm On Aug 13, 2011
@IGWE

@iso_savvy and longecity
really no particular challenges at POE
after passing through customs, you go straight to immigration where u submit your passoport and the letter sent to you by the embassy.
your study permit would then be printed for you
but you've got to answer questions like why are you in canada, which school would you be attennding, what are you going to study and then your accomodation arrangements.
i wasn't asked how much i had on me but you don't have to bring in more than $10000CAD as this is against their laws. i wasn't checked for that but you never know
all the same, absolutely no problems with POE,

WHEN YOU WERE ASKED ABOUT YOUR ACCOMMODATION STUFF,WHAT WAS YOUR RESPONSE

@CHIQUARE

congrats
your days in nairaland is not complete if you don't leave here without sharing with the next coming people on what documents you submitted and i wish you the best in life, HERE GOES OUR DOCTOR
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 11:45pm On Aug 13, 2011
wow, seems alot of visas are being given o, u guyz are blessed, goodluck to those still waiting, as for those who are in calgary already, what are ur plans for accommodation.the sait residence are really expensive and make sure u look at the paper before u sign, alot of people get into a mess because of this.

try to go on kijiji.ca and rent a shared apartment. u can get that for between $400-500 per month(one yr rent for some people in naija abi? lol), but na so we see am, kijiji is like the fastest way to get a house, and uhmmm, try to get a phone, be careful signing contracts, for now try checking out these networks, mobilicity, koodo and wind.i use wind, but it sucks for calls.but u get the best plan, and its not contract too, u just pay monthly, i will see u guys in september, i am in toronto for the summer, and again, dont forget to ask questions, im here to help smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada by judesuyi: 2:39am On Aug 14, 2011
@All

Received an email from CDHC yesterday stating that my application has been finalized and that I should contact my courier next week. Do u think my application was approved?
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 4:33am On Aug 14, 2011
@jude, that could mean anything, but lets just hope for the best.goodluck!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 5:42am On Aug 14, 2011
vodka9tn49:

Hi All, I'm currently a SAIT student. i'm a naija boi. so feel free to ask any questions. im always willing to help and goodluck to those coming in september. i hope u enjoy your studies and stay in canada.

Hello I am coming to SAIT in October. What course are you doing there & how long have you been there. One Nlander just arrived there too.
Re: Travelling To Canada by olakon: 6:03am On Aug 14, 2011
Pls help me out,I want to know everything about temporary work visa in canada,the processes and the right people to consult. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by daddee: 8:27am On Aug 14, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Hello I am coming to SAIT in October. What course are you doing there & how long have you been there. One Nlander just arrived there too.

Going also to Calgary in October as PR. Looking forward to attending SAIT or UC someday. When in Oct are you going? Am going in the first week.

@vodka9tn49, how can I contact you in private? Would like to ask some questions about Calgary. Thanks.

@IgweBLaze, How's Calgary? Wish you the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada by easye2011(m): 8:49am On Aug 14, 2011
It has been 3weeks now after medicals n still no reply from CHDC. My school resumes in 2weeks time. I hope there wud be good news this week
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2011
easye2011:

It has been 3weeks now after medicals n still no reply from CHDC. My school resumes in 2weeks time. I hope there wud be good news this week

@easye2011,
I am in the same shoes with u. We need little patience. It is well by God's grace.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 11:32am On Aug 14, 2011
daddee:

Going also to Calgary in October as PR. Looking forward to attending SAIT or UC someday. When in Oct are you going? Am going in the first week.

@vodka9tn49, how can I contact you in private? Would like to ask some questions about Calgary. Thanks.

Yep I am meant to be there first week in Oct too by the grace of God. You are looking forward to attending sait or uc, for what program?
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2011
@judesuyi, have been given medical instruction before now.Let us know the outcome the moment u get the parcel.
@all, will any1 be going to Niagara college this fall.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2011
Cuddlemii:

@ Cuddlemiii, your name is already making me eager to see u, so i can cuddle u when it gets to about -37 degrees celsius grin , i hope u r a girl ooo, i no wan cuddle boy o shocked, ok ,now to ur questions. I am in the Bach of Applied.Tech Pet Eng. a.k.a the BAPT program. as to how long i have been here. I'm pretty much a new bird. I got admission last yr september, got a visa in august, but i couldnt leave naija cos i had my final exams, so i had to defer my admission(had to also be given another visa, so what u r waiting for i waited twice, na God!!!). Arrived canada December(in the cold, hehe), started school in January.<<<<why are you coming in october if you supposed to start in september?, can you cope? cos they would have done alot o>>>>

daddee:

@Daddeeee, how far chairman, u for fit add me for fCEBOOK o.but my profile is hidden, just send me ur facebook contact to bmwzzz3(at)yahoo(dot)com, i go add you then we fit yan, i am also on yahoo msgr most of the time, so feel free,

@ALL coming to SAIT.goodluck, get ready for proper school work, Assignments , hehe,  and uhmm if u coming for the BAPT program, u are in luck.I will be ur tour guide grin enjoyment for u be that.
If you guys miss the orientation, don't beat yourself too much, you didnt really miss much, na so i hurry say i wan go orientation ,make me pay $650 for flight from toronto to calgary, i reach there na, nothin them do pass to just talk, and chop pizza grin and take coffee grin
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2011
@vodka9tn49
I am all in for the BAPT program,
would you be kind enough to show up at the school on monday
nice to hear from you

@daddee
Calgary is fine, you would love it when you arrive
no fears!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by daddee: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2011
IgweBLaze:

@daddee
Calgary is fine, you would love it when you arrive
no fears!!!
Thanks for the encouragement.

vodka9tn49:

@Daddeeee, how far chairman, u for fit add me for fCEBOOK o.but my profile is hidden, just send me your facebook contact to bmwzzz3(at)yahoo(dot)com, i go add you then we fit yan, i am also on yahoo msgr most of the time, so feel free,

Many thanks for sharing your contact and for your time. Am most grateful.

Cuddlemii:

Yep I am meant to be there first week in Oct too by the grace of God. You are looking forward to attending sait or uc, for what program?

I'm looking at Petroleum engineering technology.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2011
IgweBLaze:

@vodka9tn49
I am all in for the BAPT program,
would you be kind enough to show up at the school on monday
nice to hear from you

Igwe blaze, oboy, I dey for toronto o, i dey come calgary on sept 1st, btw u don see house to rent? try find place in the NW area, safer man,

Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2011
vodka9tn49:

@ Cuddlemiii, your name is already making me eager to see u, so i can cuddle u when it gets to about -37 degrees celsius grin , i hope u r a girl ooo, i no wan cuddle boy o shocked, ok ,now to your questions. I am in the Bach of Applied.Tech Pet Eng. a.k.a the BAPT program. as to how long i have been here. I'm pretty much a new bird. I got admission last yr september, got a visa in august, but i couldnt leave naija cos i had my final exams, so i had to defer my admission(had to also be given another visa, so what u r waiting for i waited twice, na God!!!). Arrived canada December(in the cold, hehe), started school in January.<<<<w[b]hy are you coming in october if you supposed to start in september?, can you cope? cos they would have done alot o>>>> [/b]

@Daddeeee, how far chairman, u for fit add me for fCEBOOK o.but my profile is hidden, just send me your facebook contact to bmwzzz3(at)yahoo(dot)com, i go add you then we fit yan, i am also on yahoo msgr most of the time, so feel free,

@ALL coming to SAIT.goodluck, get ready for proper school work, Assignments , hehe,  and uhmm if u coming for the BAPT program, u are in luck.I will be your tour guide grin enjoyment for u be that.
If you guys miss the orientation, don't beat yourself too much, you didnt really miss much, na so i hurry say i wan go orientation ,make me pay $650 for flight from toronto to calgary, i reach there na, nothin them do pass to just talk, and chop pizza grin and take coffee grin

My course starts in October 11th. So I will fit in just fine if I arrive first week of October. There would be another Orientation for us.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2011
daddee:

I'm looking at Petroleum engineering technology.

Ok dts nice. Best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 8:43pm On Aug 14, 2011
@vodka9tn49 Thanks 4 taking the initiative bruv! Would be especially helpful since u are of the MSE (MacPhail School of Energy). I am in for IIET(Instrumentation Eng Tech). Catch u on Messenger with this addy---- blazingphrase@yahoo.com

@ IgweBLaze Thanks for the Update. Stay cool bruv and don't get 2 frequent with Tim Hortons O grin
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2011
isO_Savvy:

@vodka9tn49 Thanks 4 taking the initiative bruv! Would be especially helpful since u are of the MSE (MacPhail School of Energy). I am in for IIET(Instrumentation Eng Tech). Catch u on Messenger with this addy---- blazingphrase@yahoo.com

@ IgweBLaze Thanks for the Update. Stay cool bruv and don't get 2 frequent with Tim Hortons O grin

@ Iso_savvy, i don add u, feel free.

this my customer service work is getting overwhelming o, oboy see adding and chatting today ehn, grin
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
@ ALL: according to Cindel07 she stated that we should all state the documents we submitted to help future Nairaland applicants. i have under-listed mine:

>> Kings College Lagos report sheets
>> WAEC certificate
>> Covenant university transcripts
>> Covenant university certificate
>> Project management professional certificate
>> NYSC certificate
>> TOEFL IBT score report (95)
>> Police Clearance certificate
>> Letter from my former employer
>> Letter and Payslip from my current employer stating dat my job will be kept open till I return.
>> Affidavit of sponsorship from my dad done at High Court of Justice, FCT,  Abuja
>> Letter of sponsorship on his letterhead
>> His statement of account with 7million credit balance. 6 months history
>> 1st Semester Tuition Payment Bank Telex copy ($6500)
>> My fathers payslips 6 months history
>> My fathers certificates of occupancy and other Property documents as proof of income from rents. Going to 11.5 million annually
>> My birth certificate and a national birth certificate from national population commission Federal Capital Territory.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2011
I sincerely hope this helps out future Nairaland applicants
Re: Travelling To Canada by Temi231(f): 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2011
Hello, whats the best way to migrate to Canada because I applied for the Skilled worker Visa. last year and since then I have not heard from them, Please house, how do I go with the application?
Re: Travelling To Canada by keemzy1(m): 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2011
Please I just joined Nairaland and I found this Topic quite interesting, please I have option of UK and CANADA, what will be your advise on which one to choose. Please which one is better ?
Re: Travelling To Canada by benom(m): 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2011
@Cuddlemi, I thought you were planning to come to the US,
Anyway, Best of luck. Been a while on NL.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2011
benom:

@Cuddlemi, I thought you were planning to come to the US,
Anyway, Best of luck. Been a while on NL.

Jeez! I need to change my name. How did you find me here? Yep 2009, it was UK. 2010, US and 2011, Canada. I have gone further with Canada meaning God was just training me back then for the best. That is also a lesson for you never to give up on ur dreams. Yep its been a while and miss you all on Us thread but the distance is not far once you get to Michigan. Thank you dear.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2011
@ keemzy1 : my advice if u don't like longtin, just do ur UK jejely, but if you are used to being in great tension and high blood pressure stufz then go 4 Canada! if your going for Canada i advice u submit your application at least 6 months before your school start date. cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2011
tolualds:

@ keemzy1 : my advice if u don't like longtin, just do your UK jejely, but if you are used to being in great tension and high blood pressure stufz then go 4 Canada! if your going for Canada i advice u submit your application at least 6 months before your school start date. cheers!

Yo, what u mean by high blood pressure and high tension things?
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2011
@ keemzy1 : my advice if u don't like longtin, just do your UK jejely, but if you are used to being in great tension and high blood pressure stufz then go 4 Canada! if your going for Canada i advice u submit your application at least 6 months before your school start date. cheers!

Yo, what u mean by high blood pressure and high tension things?

what i mean is that Canada embassy highly delays in response compared to other embassies in Nigeria say UK, US GERMANY e.t.c
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2011
@Keemzy1,
I prefer Canada to Uk. Canada is more International student friendly than UK. Immigration policy is also more welcoming in Canada compare to Uk. Living and Tuition expenses is far more lower in Canada than UK. Though it takes a very long time to get Canada study visa,but it is worthwhile. Just plan ahead b4 applying for Canada visa. U can apply for Canada visa 6mnth b4 ur start date 2 be rest assured that u will meet up with start date. All in All,Canada is far more better than UK. roger that!!!
ciao

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.