Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,640 members, 7,944,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:01 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462371 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2011
@ okeys112, Cuddlemii, Chibs001, Nellydee, Cindel07: when did you do your medicals? and when is your school start date?

@ jadesuyi: when is your school start date?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2011
tolualds:

@ okeys112, Cuddlemii, Chibs001, Nellydee, Cindel07: when did you do your medicals? and when is your school start date?

@ jadesuyi: when is your school start date?

Date of Medicals: 6th of August 2011.

Passport was returned back to CDHC: 6th of August 2011.

Medical report was sent to CDHC: 11th of August 2011

Start Date: 11th of October 2011
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Date of Medicals:                                 6th of August 2011.

Passport was returned back to CDHC:   6th of August 2011.

Medical report was sent to CDHC:         11th of August 2011

Start Date:                                         11th of October 2011

@cuddlemii, can you pls. tell me how this medical thing work, where do the hospital in lagos have it sent to?, is it like they send test samples to CDHC france and from there to CDHC nigeria? how long does this cycling takes?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2011
@ALL, Visited KLM V/I office today on Adeola Odeku. They said the promo is for flights from 15th of Septembe[/b]r. I told the guy on the other side that their site says the promo was for flights from 1st of September, and please they should update it!

tolualds:

@ okeys112, Cuddlemii, Chibs001, Nellydee, Cindel07: [b] when did you do your medicals? and when is your school start date?

Date of Medicals: 29th July 2011.

Passport was returned back to CDHC: 29th July 2011.

Medical report was in CDHC: by 4th of August 2011

Start Date: 17th of August 2011, thats today sha!

2nd start date: 6th September
Re: Travelling To Canada by babiechic: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2011
@ all,pls i nid a sample of SOP.i'd appreciate it if you can forward it to adefaratimeena@gmail.com.pls i need your help.im plannin to apply on friday.tanx y'all
Re: Travelling To Canada by longecity: 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2011
@chibs001
Na wa ooo,what do you think we can do now because we can't wait till sept 15 .well I will still go to airport 2morrow to find out.tanks for the info.
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2011
@ Chibs001 thanks for the update man
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2011
@ chibs001: why don't you go to the embassy and fill the form to inquire how far. does the letter you submitted to the embassy have the new start date in it?  have you sent them an e-mail? if no i think u should. cheers brov!

there was a previous case here on Nairaland where some1's start date was mistaken for the next month. she went to the embassy and was called in and was given her visa that day.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2011
joeburster
Re: Travelling To Canada
« #4306 on: August 10, 2011, 01:52 PM »

@Chizquare, congrats bro.
@guddylover, i sensed it 2 since cdhc aint attaching dt letter to more medical invites lately. I think things are gradually returning back to normal.
@all, will be going for my medicals on mon

@ joeburster: who told u they have stoped attaching dat letter to more medical invites lately. have your heard from recent medical invites?
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2011
@easy2011 and jadesuyi, congrats to u guys.at least CDHC has started issuing visa.will get to us all soon.
@all, submitted application 27 may
called 4 medicals 4th august
did medicals 10th august.
l
Re: Travelling To Canada by judesuyi: 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2011
@tolualds

My school start date is September 7

@All

Please, what is the nearest international airport to New brunswick as international airlines do not go to New Brunswick?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2011
@Longecity
I think checking their airport stand would be great, they may have better info.

@isO-Savvy, welcome bro.

@tolualds, sent them an e-mail on monday. trust them

"Dear Sir, We acknowledge receipt of your study permit visa application. Due to the high volume of visa applications received this season, our current turnaround processing time is longer than 3 months. You would be contacted as soon as a decision is reached on your application. Regards
Visa Office
Deputy High Commission of Canada
4 Anifowoshe Street
Victoria Island
Lagos"

I'll give them till friday, if nothing I'll be with them come monday.

@judesuyi, you'd have to fly to Toronto then connect to New Brunswick
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 3:43am On Aug 18, 2011
@chib01

@Cindel, where you dey?

my dear, i dey ooooooooooooo , i just used my one month leave to attend a bible skol WOFBI,, i got in touch with some of our guys who we did medicals together, and two of them who had an attached love letter apart from the medical invitation form CHDC were mailed on saturday and told to bring additional documents,

@chizquare,okeys112,judesuyi, congrat ooooo, but try leaving a foot print on dis sand by pasting the documents you used for visa application,

@chizquare, a motel or a bed and breakfast inn will be cheaper for you compared to hotel, unless you got da cash

@toluaid

Medicals, 29th july 11
school start dated, 1st sept 11

@newacca, do you have a mail from the school saying that you should wait till CDHC ask for a new start date, i would advice that you send the mail across to them, my 2cent

@bashtee, o boy how far

TO ALL, my God who has began a new work in us will surely finish it,
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 3:46am On Aug 18, 2011
@chib01

@Cindel, where you dey?

my dear, i dey ooooooooooooo , i just used my one month leave to attend a bible skol WOFBI,, i got in touch with some of our guys who we did medicals together, and two of them who had an attached love letter apart from the medical invitation form CHDC were mailed on saturday and told to bring additional documents,

now we know say dm do start to do our own visa mata, one of them was even told to bring d doc witin 48 hours, cos his start date is on monday
Re: Travelling To Canada by mosesbj: 7:29am On Aug 18, 2011
@judesuyi,am also heading to new brunswick,but prayerfully waiting for my visa.are u going to nbcc?if yes,u can mail me at moses852001@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 7:37am On Aug 18, 2011
@Cindel07,

Welcome back sis, sure u had fun. That means we're next in line. Abeg which additional documentss them ask them to bring?
Re: Travelling To Canada by joeburster: 8:47am On Aug 18, 2011
@chibs001, thanks for d update. Did they also tell u d duration of it i.e sept 15 to when? And even with dt date, did they also confirm dt d booking must be done before d end of month? I pray one is not misled by what is on klm's website.
@tolualds, i wasn't told, just felt since no one was talking about it anymore meant they weren't receiving it, although it was attached to mine
Re: Travelling To Canada by babiechic: 9:10am On Aug 18, 2011
@Henrywest,here is my email addy,adefaratimeena@gmail.com
U can mail me anytym
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 10:49am On Aug 18, 2011
@all, is there any body in da house that got the attached letter with their medical instruction,that has gotten their visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada by easye2011(m): 10:50am On Aug 18, 2011
@all: is it compulsory to get accommodation in Canada and pay for it before entry Canada? because i am still searching for a cheaper accommodation
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2011
[b]@Judesuyi,[/b]CONGRATS Man!!! I wish u well in ur endeavours.

@[b]Chibs001 and cindel07,[/b]which of the hospitals did u have ur medicals done? I did mine in Yaba. It seems things r speedy in VI and Abuja comparing 2 the Yaba clinic jare .

@[b]Cindel07,[/b]thx 4 ur concern. I got lil info rfm d hospital. I called them yesterday and It was confirmed to me that d result of my test got 2 Paris on 4th August. I dont knw hw long it will stay in Paris b4 it got to CDHC,Lag.
Meanwhile,I don send e-mail to CDHC,Lagos;asking abt my application status and telling 'em abt what d school told me concerning new start date. Above all,in GOD I trust.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2011
@toluaid
@ cindel07: I did my medicals on the 5th of Aug, My school resumes for 6th September, latest date to resume as given on the letter is 12th September.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ ALL: IMPORTANT If CDHC hasn't reached a decision on an application after the school start date, what is the next step?

I personally think that a new letter with a new start date should be requested from the school and taken to CDHC to update documents.

In my case did my medicals Aug 5. My school resumes for September 6. and i have already paid my tuition. My present Program doesn't have a January start date only September. Seneca College told me that IF THE NEED ARISES to differ to a January start date then i have to change to another graduate program that has a Jan start date.

I fervently pray that i wouldn't have to go through all this: YOUR OPINIONS ARE MOST WELCOME. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
@All,
I got response from CDHC after fews hrs. that I sent message to them. I was told that they are yet to receive the result of my medicals and that I shall be contacted immediately the result is received.

@Tolualds,
send e-mail to CDHC,ask them about your status and explain ur situation to 'em.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2011
newacca:

@All,
I got response from CDHC after fews hrs. that I sent message to them. I was told that they are yet to receive the result of my medicals and that I shall be contacted immediately the result is received.

@Tolualds,
send e-mail to CDHC,ask them about your status and explain your situation to 'em.
ciao

@newacca, I think it takes more time when you do your medical at Yaba,but hopefully before the end of this week you should hear from them.peace
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ guddylover: when did u do ur medicals? and when are u to resume?

@ newacca: i think its because of the complicated TB case. They are probably reviewing your doctors report that was sent after-wards. lets keep praying.

@ guddylover: It takes all hospitals about the same time to get medicals sent to CDHC France. No hospital in Africa can send results directly to the embassy. it has to be sent to CDHC France first. That is the d central location for Africa. Then from France to Lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2011
Finally done wi my medical.did mine in V.I n the lady at the reception was saying to someone today that ''it normally takes em 1 week to send to paris.but due to pressure from students,they wud hv to be sending it within 3days of the examination''.so yea i guess V.I responds faster to these issues than other outlets.besides most agencies use the V.I clinic.like Maple use em.so they apply more pressure on the clinic to get the result sent ASAP.cant wait to get this over wi already.damn!! so much time to wait.lol
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ chukie 94: don't be deceived, MAPLE uses any hospital of d 2. They use d one DAT provides an earlier appointment date. i have a friend dat used maple and did his medicals in YABA. He is still awaiting his visa though! cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2011
hmm.if u say so.but was jst sharing my experience bout wat i witnessed in V.I yesterday.almost everybody there were from maple.n the lady at the reception was like ''we gon give u guys preferential treatment''. jst cos they were from maple.anyways.doesnt matter though.but i believe if one cud get to the stage of being issued medical instruction,that is to spell out that they actually gon be issued visa.cos maple charges u the sum of $2000 just upon receiving ur medical instruction.that means that fro their experience wi the CDHC, if u can get to that stage then u hv scaled thru.hence ur medical is cleared.#enoughsaid
Re: Travelling To Canada by nellydee: 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2011
n/a
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ nellydee: We did our medicals on the same day and our school resumes on the same day but my medicals was done @ yaba not V.I. Lets stay positive brov. Do you have an alternate start date? what school are u going?

My latest date to resume is 12th September as stated in my acceptance letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada by nellydee: 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2011
n/a

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.