Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,732 members, 7,945,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:51 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462380 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 1:38am On Aug 23, 2011
@Slim69

Lucky you. Had my medical on the 18th (lastweek) so I'll be a bit patient sha. I'm heading to Memorial University Newfoundland. I'll be resuming on the 7th of september but I can show up untill the last day of registration which is 21st September. Your right, being proactive is best, congrats again, have u booked a flight yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada by slim69: 1:49am On Aug 23, 2011
EpicWin:

Lucky you. Had my medical on the 18th (lastweek) so I'll be a bit patient sha. I'm heading to Memorial University Newfoundland. I'll be resuming on the 7th of september but I can show up untill the last day of registration which is 21st September. Your right, being proactive is best, congrats again, have u booked a flight yet?

KK, it's all good! Keep your fingers crossed, be optimistic and trust in God (that's the only way, i tell you , seriously, bro!). Nope, haven't booked flight yet. I'm going to do that today! Though I haven't checked the veracity, but I think this klm promo is a sham! I've been in and out of klm site but nothing to bring out. I don't really have a routine today, but i tread carefully and let the lord guide my steps. Hang in there bro, you'll see it's all worth it. Banks and phone carrier in halifax, assistance needed o! Will be off to bed soon. Be cool. Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 2:49am On Aug 23, 2011
slim69:

Wow , something big is really happening here!
Congrats to those that have gotten their visas.
As for after medicals, trust in God , you'll get it soon.

First-time poster here, and it goes:
Sometime in Feb - Printed forms to be filled.
Sometime in May - Got official admission letter from school.

May 12th - Intended to submit application until God intervened and made one security man to open my application. That was when news got to me that the forms had been changed. I ran to the closest cyber cafe, downloaded the new forms, printed and submitted that day. God is great, i tell you.
(Prayer and Fasting)
July 26th - Got application package to go for medicals. Gave a call to Yaba hospital, but they were saying 'no space until, ' story. Called VI, the person sounded gentle but still said no space. Anyway convinced her for the next day.
(Prayer and Fasting)
July 27th - Got to VI hospital very early , waited until they resumed work. Since i got there first, i was attended to first! Did medicals, x-ray and finally submitted my p/port and other documents back to the embassy.
(Prayer and Fasting)
Aug 18th - My mother called me and told me to send an e-mail to the embassy, which i did. Instantly, i was replied that my application was just finalised that day (18th), and i should contact my courier company (dhl). Dhl was saying long thing , story on thursday into friday. The suspense was unbearable and i was restless all thru' the weekend.
(, Prayer and , )
Aug 22nd - Went to embassy early, filled a form and was told to come back at 15:30. While I was waiting, that was when DHL came to get the mails to be sent out (i saw other courier companies (fedex, tnt, red star)in the morning o). Got there, waited a little more and , viola,  Got my package with my visa in it. I later learnt that it seems dhl has backlog of jobs, so they've not been able to get mails regularly at the embassy. Guess that's what led to my delay. I should have gotten my visa on thursday or friday. But still, everything happens for a reason , and eventually for my good. I give God all the thanks! Apparently most of the people waiting there too wanted to collect their visa, and most also used dhl. As for those waiting, don't just sit till your school resumes. Take action NOW!

It'd also help if you dump your bad habits and just trust in God. Commit your works to the lord, and your thoughts would be established!

I'm going to Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Anyone going to Halifax also? As for those there already, please what banks would you suggest is most user friendly without unnecessary debit from my little change cool? What phone carrier with cheap quality service would you suggest? I heard telus and Koodo are doing great but I haven't been able to resolve btwn the two. Even asides them, what's your take on phone carriers? Where can I spend a night or two b4 getting a place, as soon as I touchdown halifax. Please your response is of utmost urgency. Thanks in advance!

Congrats, The best bank in my opinion =>> TD CANADA TRUST
where u can get a place to stay a day or two==>> go to kijiji.ca, select your city, go to real estate/housing, go to short term rentals, you will see daily rentals.while u check for a place to stay and pay montly
phone companies==>> depends on which network has coverage there, whateva the case, DO NOT go for contracts.look for networks that let you buy ur phone and pay month to month,so that u can opt out easily if u dont like their service, koodo does that.WIND and CHATR does. Goodluck!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ivynwa(f): 5:57am On Aug 23, 2011
"
Re: Travelling To Canada by monie(f): 11:37am On Aug 23, 2011
@ ivynwa there is nothing run-cy abt visas gotten from and in this thread,all here r genuine students who which to either further or get their ist degree from reputable institutions,even if the consular general of the canadian embassy visits this thread,he wld be impressed on how much we r both helpin ourselves and helpin prospective students,if nt for d condition of nigeria,we aren't supposed 2 be tensed ,if u apply and u r genuine and convincin enuf,u r given,what of americans dat let's say go study in canada or europe?is it "runs" 2.na ungenuine visa with fake documents be "runs",this isn't en.I love this thread,many informations I got here,I know so much already even though I have nt touched down calgary yet,if it wants 2 come out in d pages of any news papers,pls it shld,it will help others 2.u know how much they r benefitin from nigerian students?make we come dey hide?abeg jor

Ehen back 2 d main topic,I am thinkin of moving my resumption 2 january,am nt in a hurry,though have paid full tuition and hostel accommodation.is just january abi?I have somethin good am doing here,and oga vodka,u r d bestest.I now hav all d info I nid.newacca am still prayin hard.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 11:46am On Aug 23, 2011
@monie: i feel u jor.these guys gain loads of things from us.besides its jst sharing information.thats wat a forum is all bout init?so yea if they wanna get all cossy after some hard day job, they cud as well come one here n read all the thread.they wud be soo impressed at how much info nigerians who dunno emselves from anywhere pass across to others who need em.so yea.lets keep the flame blazing this time.cos its like the fire is diminishing abit.sad.cheers to the future.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2011
@monie,
u r still praying on which level? I no understand ooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2011
monie:

@ ivynwa there is nothing run-cy abt visas gotten from and in this thread,all here r genuine students who which to either further or get their ist degree from reputable institutions,even if the consular general of the canadian embassy visits this thread,he wld be impressed on how much we r both helpin ourselves and helpin prospective students,if nt for d condition of nigeria,we aren't supposed 2 be tensed ,if u apply and u r genuine and convincin enuf,u r given,what of americans dat let's say go study in canada or europe?is it "runs" 2.na ungenuine visa with fake documents be "runs",this isn't en.I love this thread,many informations I got here,I know so much already even though I have nt touched down calgary yet,if it wants 2 come out in d pages of any news papers,pls it shld,it will help others 2.u know how much they r benefitin from nigerian students?make we come dey hide?abeg jor

Ehen back 2 d main topic,I am thinkin of moving my resumption 2 january,am nt in a hurry,though have paid full tuition and hostel accommodation.is just january abi?I have somethin good am doing here,and oga vodka,u r d bestest.I now hav all d info I nid.newacca am still prayin hard.

Monie, very well said, @ ivynwa even if u want to make it private to unregistered members,what mks u think 'they' wouldnt register just to see what we r doing? Registeration is even free,and even if its paid,they have money to pay so leave that thing, nothin de happen, we r all genuine pple here wantin good education and jobs and better life.

[b]@Monie, its very important that you know this, if you start in January, you wont get a work permit till like November, cos the semester is january-april(four months) , summer break holidays not included o,unless ur program has summer and spring semester, then lucky u, the rule is, you must be in school for minimum of six months(full time) before u are eligible, whereas if u begin in september u will have been eligible by february, cos if u dont have a way to survive for the whole yr.please dont start in january o, well if u have family here u can run to them and live with them for the holidays, Goodluck!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
Slim, congratulations.

Drop your email; I'd hook you up in Halifax.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ivynwa(f): 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2011
"
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2011
Ivynwa:

I have nothing against the thread, it is an educative and enlightening one. When I used the word "your visa runs", I didn't mean that anybody is doing something negative here. All I meant is that it be kept as an in-house thing and not be left open to the world for people to click on at whims and be getting different wrong impressions about it all. Just my thought. Thanks and peace to all. Wishing all the realization of the dreams of their heart. Alleluiah!

no wahala but still, do you think if we say its a closed ''in-house'' thing, it would prevent anything? , how do we know which registered member is from the embassy?? they will simply register and see what they want to see.right? but its ok.we were just clearing things up.no hard feelings. wink
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ivynwa(f): 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2011
"
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 3:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
Ivynwa:

It will make a difference because it will not be open to people googling and searching their stuffs online. They have some sections and threads in nairaland that are not open to unregistered guests and stuffs like this should be one of them. I know one can easily register and read stuffs such here, it is only a person searching for such info that can go to that length which is different from the info being free to be stumbled upon by every person out there.

ok no more comment on this.feel free to let the moderators know.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by slim69: 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2011
vodka9tn49:

Congrats, The best bank in my opinion =>> TD CANADA TRUST
where u can get a place to stay a day or two==>> go to kijiji.ca, select your city, go to real estate/housing, go to short term rentals, you will see daily rentals.while u check for a place to stay and pay montly
phone companies==>> depends on which network has coverage there, whateva the case, DO NOT go for contracts.look for networks that let you buy your phone and pay month to month,so that u can opt out easily if u dont like their service, koodo does that.WIND and CHATR does. Goodluck!!
Thanks a bunch bro! I've been to kijiji and made some plans for monthly rent close to school but since i still need first hand look of these places, i can't just pay and enter straight up. I was suggesting a motel around the corner , but still, you helped out a great deal. I'd add your info to my arsenal , Td trust, NO contract, and kijiji gives daily rent too! Thanks, you're 2good jo'or! grin

Delta007:

Slim, congratulations.

Drop your email; I'd hook you up in Halifax.
Thanks! Bro, might you be staying in Halifax also? I'd have loved to just type in my e-mail but you know the internet is written in indelible ink wink. Furthermore, it contains my WHOLE NAME! To avoid people sending spam and other 'orisirisi' in my box, i think I'd rather not! Better still, hook me up here in the room so every1 can learn from the info; but if you insist, perhaps they are info for private eyes , I'd open a new mailbox for that. I believe as we get to know ourselves more, you'd eventually have my real e-mail. So which is it going be? Thanks in advance! grin
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2011
slim69:

Thanks a bunch bro! I've been to kijiji and made some plans for monthly rent close to school but since i still need first hand look of these places, i can't just pay and enter straight up. I was suggesting a motel around the corner , but still, you helped out a great deal. I'd add your info to my arsenal , Td trust, NO contract, and kijiji gives daily rent too! Thanks, you're 2good jo'or! grin

Thanks! Bro, might you be staying in Halifax also? I'd have loved to just type in my e-mail but you know the internet is written in indelible ink wink. Furthermore, it contains my WHOLE NAME! To avoid people sending spam and other 'orisirisi' in my box, i think I'd rather not! Better still, hook me up here in the room so every1 can learn from the info; but if you insist, perhaps they are info for private eyes , I'd open a new mailbox for that. I believe as we get to know ourselves more, you'd eventually have my real e-mail. So which is it going be? Thanks in advance! grin

@slim69, please can i ask how many weeks it took your medical result to get to the embassy here in lagos? and what date was your visa issued ?
Re: Travelling To Canada by blakky1: 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2011
Canada has launched a new skilled immigration strategy aimed at attracting more immigrants by providing better integration and support services to newcomers and immigrants already in Canada.The plan will bring together 12 Canadian immigration and settlement agencies, as well as employers, and social service providers to help migrants settle into the community.The aim is to create more opportunities for immigrants to form social connections, to encourage more small and medium sized businesses to hire foreign workers. It is also hoped that Ottawa will become a more attractive destination for businesses in sectors such as education and health care.Recent statistics show that approximately 6,300 immigrants move to Ottawa each year, which represents 100% of the net growth in the city's labour force. There are an additional 2,700 who enter as temporary migrant workers and another 2,300 who are students.The considerable number of immigration settlement services is seen as confusing, a problem that the initiative hopes to solve.Canada is one of the most popular destinations for skilled migrants. Many come under the federal skilled worker category, a Canada-wide immigration scheme, while others take advantage of schemes such as the Provincial Nominee scheme and the Quebec points system.You can also study in canada after you get into the country.

This is to let you know that our company Greenway Express as a representing agent in Nigeria is really pleased to let out this cogent information that has been conceived for a longer time to the general populace, for assessment and more info txt your name and details to 08054265181 or come to our office
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
@Okeys112,Cuddlemii, Chibs001, Nellydee, Cindel07 et al
how far? God dey
Re: Travelling To Canada by monie(f): 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2011
@ newacca am still prayin for my visa,ur visa,cuddle me's visa and many others who did medicals arnd dsame time I did.or urs has showed,say ooooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada by monie(f): 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
@ vodka49, ,kewke?wnt have work permit till november nxt year,dat will be deadly.I dnt know anyone in canada,how do I support myself small small?hmmmmm make this canadian visa ppl answer me nw?I think my VO takes my file home,after work,for more checks and reading.which kind wahala is dis nw?this is bad news ooooo.bad bad news for me.thanx for d info anyways,guess I have 2 start saving money.vodka?u r so blessed.thanx
Re: Travelling To Canada by FIMO: 11:21pm On Aug 23, 2011
tolualds, pls get intouch with me on callfimo@yahoo.com. Seems u know me very well.
My start date is 6th Sept at Uni Ottawa .
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 3:55am On Aug 24, 2011
monie:

@ vodka49, ,kewke?wnt have work permit till november nxt year,dat will be deadly.I dnt know anyone in canada,how do I support myself small small?hmmmmm make this canadian visa ppl answer me nw?I think my VO takes my file home,after work,for more checks and reading.which kind wahala is dis nw?this is bad news ooooo.bad bad news for me.thanx for d info anyways,guess I have 2 start saving money.vodka?u r so blessed.thanx

na so the thing be o, what program are you coming for @ Monie, cos if it has spring semester, then you wont have a problem. I am suffering from this their 6months rule cos i came in dec. coza defer from last yr sept. the summer is almost gone, i didnt work $1 cos even to watch common plate, they are looking for work permit(i.e u must be legally eligible to work in canada).so i skipped to toronto to be at my uncle's house. madd boredom, the so called under the table jobs are as scarce as bats flying in the afternoon.i dunno but it might be better to find one in calgary, but its important you understand what you are coming to if u come in january, u can get a job in school tho, but sait na small school, where the job dey? during the semesters i doubt if you will be able to mix school and work, cos only school self fit kill person, well.thats the koko o, just let me know ur program sha, lemmie investigate shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 6:24am On Aug 24, 2011
monie:

@ newacca am still prayin for my visa,your visa,cuddle me's visa and many others who did medicals arnd dsame time I did.or urs has showed,say ooooo.

Thank you dear. God bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada by monie(f): 6:27am On Aug 24, 2011
@ vodka,my course is GiS,geographic information systems,they have a january start date,so I wanted 2 help myself and d embassy,but as it is nw,I have 2 start fasting from 2day again.this is nt fun at all,havnt had such pressure b4!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 7:30am On Aug 24, 2011
@newacca
We still dey wait o, believing this week will brings the much awaited respite.

@Vodka
bros u are d man. loads of info from u they help us motivate, restrategize and mobilize! Good one bro, nice.

@okey112
we need nu update, no sleep go naa!

@All
On the waiting list, we are almost there, let keep our prayers hard n belief strong. Our shine will arrive anytime now.

Already with their shine, God's speed as u make final preps. Travel safe, ur boiz and chickitos dey come for ur back!
Re: Travelling To Canada by daddee: 8:27am On Aug 24, 2011
Re: Travelling To Canada by rowlandoo: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2011
@House , please am just preparin my docs for studyy permit , is it good to go tru agent or i can do it myself ,
please what are the real document required to be issued study permit please i really need this and , does it mters if u have been denied Us student visa before , will it delay
the document needed is what i need now , do they verify money ijn account ? i wait for the house advice

thanks in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada by easye2011(m): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2011
@ vodka49: can we use US dollars in canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 10:20am On Aug 24, 2011
@monie,
thx 4 remembering us all in prayer ooo. smiley Me sef dey pray ni o. I still dey wait oooo.

@Chibs001,
e go be. God dey
Re: Travelling To Canada by rowlandoo: 10:43am On Aug 24, 2011
@issued applicants , please is 24yrs old too big for the embasy to issue study permit , will they not think u are too big and please i need relevt docs needed to assure visa issuance , thank i wait u guysss oo
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2011
monie:

@ vodka,my course is GiS,geographic information systems,they have a january start date,so I wanted 2 help myself and d embassy,but as it is nw,I have 2 start fasting from 2day again.this is nt fun at all,havnt had such pressure b4!

If GIS, you are in small luck one kind, cos you can run it str8 from January-August.My guy just finished his class work this month, he started in january. He was eligible to apply in july, but up till now them never answer am with work permit.,but he is just hoping and applying for jobs. embarassed .In the meantime, GIS no be beans o, na strong program o, u go sedan from morning till night for front of computer, remain small u go sleep for school sef grin.(also meaning say e go hard to work and school). Just get ready sha,

rowlandoo:

@issued applicants , please is 24yrs old too big for the embasy to issue study permit , will they not think u are too big and please i need relevt docs needed to assure visa issuance , thank i wait u guysss oo

your comment sef na wa. 24yrs too big for visa? talk another thing abeg, go to previous pages, start from 130,im sure someone posted all the documents he used.goodluck!

easye2011:

@ vodka49: can we use  US dollars in canada?

You may have to cross the border and use it from the other side. in other words, NO!!! btw canadian dollar is bigger than us dollar, its been so since I came. Meaning any money them send u go short, after bank take their own and exchange rate chop him own.also applies to any money u carry come.

Chibs001:

@Vodka
bros u are d man. loads of info from u they help us motivate, restrategize and mobilize! Good one bro, nice.

Thank you sir.

now @all, i wan go sleep back, i never sleep finish, goodluck, make una fast well well o, na wa.see wetin visa wahala dey cause, but the funny thing be say, all of una go get the visa, u think say na lie?wait and see wink
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
@vodka9t49,
U r mouthed. I pray make we all get the visa ooo. make we enter Maple land. (By God's grace)
Re: Travelling To Canada by rowlandoo: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2011
@VODKA

no be so man am new and need information to help me scale tru coz i no wan any denial . i beg help me specify the docs i need send it for them , or if i go tru maple them go get those documents available for me themselves?, m goig to a christian university .

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.