Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,412 members, 7,920,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 09:29 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (460958 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by oluweri: 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2011
hi i am new on this thread , awaiting acceptance from centennial college for winter 2012. this thread has been more helpful than i thought when i started reading would adivse any new member to read from page 1. Please can anyone tell me if it is necessary to include pay slips cos we
dont use it in my office. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ nellydee: whats d p? any news yet? inbox me your mobile so we can relate. tolualadetoyinbo@gmail.com

@ cindel07:
any update from your end?

@ newacca: na wa oh! uve already 4gotten me. didnt see my name when u were blessing them cindel07, nellydee and co. cry

@ all: Dont worry God is in control.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
rowlandoo:

@VODKA

no be so man am new and need information to help me scale tru coz i no wan any denial . i beg help me specify the docs i need send it for them , or if i go tru maple them go get those documents available for me themselves?, m goig to a christian university .

thanks

ok no problem, check page 138/, someone listed everything he used there, i hope this helps. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2011
slim69:

Thanks! Bro, might you be staying in Halifax also? I'd have loved to just type in my e-mail but you know the internet is written in indelible ink wink. Furthermore, it contains my WHOLE NAME! To avoid people sending spam and other 'orisirisi' in my box, i think I'd rather not! Better still, hook me up here in the room so every1 can learn from the info; but if you insist, perhaps they are info for private eyes , I'd open a new mailbox for that. I believe as we get to know ourselves more, you'd eventually have my real e-mail. So which is it going be? Thanks in advance! grin
Goodluck!
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2011
oluweri:

hi i am new on this thread , awaiting acceptance from centennial college for winter 2012. this thread has been more helpful than i thought when i started reading  would adivse any new member to read from page 1. Please can anyone tell  me if it is necessary to include pay slips cos we
dont use it in my office. thanks

I am guessing u wont sponsor urself right? All u got 2 do in that case is get a "letter of confirmation" from your employer with the company letter head, stating your employment date, your monthly pay and your current job role. However if you are sponsoring yourself , fully or in part, then you will have to provide payslips or salary account statements as the case maybe. Winter 2012- and theve not accepted u yet?  Be on them O, let it not drag on for 2 long so it doesn't eat into your VISA processing time. You can see d amount of tension present on this thread, even for those who started relatively early.

Delta007:

Goodluck!

hahahahaha

@slim just drop a mail man! get a new mail if u have 2
Congrats for your VISA !
Re: Travelling To Canada by oluweri: 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2011
@iso savvy
thanks neva thougt i could get a response soon. thanks any way. yes i am self sponsoring with my savings account guess will have to come up with one then. my letter has been sent via snail mail (regular mail) thats whats delaying my submission. thanks for helping out newbies u guys. cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2011
@iso savvy
thanks neva thougt i could get a response soon. thanks any way. yes i am self sponsoring with my savings account guess will have to come up with one then. my letter has been sent via snail mail (regular mail) thats whats delaying my submission. thanks for helping out newbies u guys. cheers

Dont mention Dude. cant even start recounting how many times i have been helped in NL, so i think its my duty to give back.

Ehen back to topic. Well,If u r self sponsoring no wahala just make sure your account is loaded- have enough to cover overall cost at school, with some surplus- But you must also prove your source of fund. if for instance you tender your savings account, the embassy will check monthly cash inflow vs your stipulated monthly pay. If there is a large variance between the two they want to know why, and where that money is coming from.

Also the sponsor( being u) should provide

if employed: letter from employer
Job description
Service date
Gross and Net Earnings
One year Bank statement

I am assuming u r a payed employee since u made mention of ur office.

Fixed Deposits and Landed Property would also pass as sources of Fund. In fact evidence of these could convince the VO that you intend to come back to Naija.

Question is can u get these all by urself? if u can, Go ahead.

Else i would advise u Co-Sponsor with a close relative who

has a healthy statement and Landed property.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ all: to those who's medical has been up to 2-3weeks, i advice u go to the embassy ASAP to inquire bout ur visas.those guys are too busy to even remember some applications at this point in time.got some peeps who went in person,filled the form at the gate, went in n was told that they were sorry cos of the amount of applications they are handling.n they started attending to them on the spot.so yea.common guys.this is a situation of chicken on the run.cheers NLanders
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 7:54pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ chukie 94: i shall be there tomorrow. cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 8:26pm On Aug 24, 2011
@Tolualds,
No be so ooo. Na Cuddlemii dey pray for all of us and Baba God dey bless am. But as u talk am now,I go increase the rate of my prayer 4 all of us,as per this Ramadan month sef,plenty blessing and response to prayer boku 4 d month. I wish everyone including [b]Tolualds [/b]good news. I hope u r satisfied brov.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 8:36pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ newacca: LMAO! u are a clown. I was just kidding u brov! it is well with us al. cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2011
@Tolualds,
No qualms. God dey
Re: Travelling To Canada by slim69: 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2011
guddylover:

Please can i ask how many weeks it took your medical result to get to the embassy here in lagos? and what date was your visa issued ?
Sorry this is coming @dis time, I've been running around paying tuition and booking flights. Add to that, my internet expired few days back and by God's grace i'll be resuming soon, so i don't intend subscribing. Presently using my Bros'. Okay, i did medicals on 27th July (I didn't call the hospital at all afterwards); Visa was finalized on 18th Aug, though I got it on the 22nd Aug. I'd advice you read my first post on page 143, I gave all the details from start to finish. Just give them 3weeks after medicals, then send an e-mail after then if you haven't gotten still. Have faith bro, you'll get it!

Delta007:

Goodluck!
Easy bro! Thanks, but that wasn't the way we started , i'm just trying to lighten up things. The email box is: m_aime@aol.com. I am looking forward to hear from you. Cheers!

isO_Savvy:

hahahahaha

@slim just drop a mail man! get a new mail if u have 2
Congrats for your VISA !
Thank you my brother! I've just put in the e-mail for PUBLIC forum. It sounds scary though, but it's all good. Which province are you in?
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2011
slim69:

Thank you my brother! I've just put in the e-mail for PUBLIC forum. It sounds scary though, but it's all good. Which province are you in?

Emmmm lemme see is Rivers State a province? lol Am still hopeful bruv.fingers crossed. ill be heading 2 Alberta, SAIT precisely

As for the mail thingy ur fears are valid, just use a dummy mail that's what most NLanders do.

When i saw u ask Delta that question i knew he would say something like that lolzzz. Na our chaiman be that o. He's a Nice guy tough, im sure he'll contact u soonest

Don't 4 get to Update us O and Put us in prayers 2. Peace Bruv!
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 7:31am On Aug 25, 2011
@ all: so these guys are actually serious bout the medical taking up to 4 weeks.waaw.this is freaking annoying right now.cos i jst had mine done last week n hv got jst 2 weeks to resumption.so no really sure wat to do now.anyways wud be going to em come next week to see whats up wi my application.
Re: Travelling To Canada by madisonlil(f): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2011
Hi goshen360, thank you for that information you post here. This will help to those who want to get a student visa and also to me. You did a great job. Hope that more helpful information will be posted here in this thread.

Visas
Re: Travelling To Canada by dade112: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2011
DELTA007,please do you know schools that accept NECO for admissions in Canada??can you also help with schools with not too expensive tuition fees?do you have an email where i can write you better please??reply soon please
Re: Travelling To Canada by shamoney1: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2011
am new to this thread, i want to study in the us or canada,please my ppl i nid info on skuls offering scholarship for spring semester, please helpful info wil be much appreciated,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2011
isO_Savvy:

Emmmm lemme see is Rivers State a province? lol Am still hopeful bruv.fingers crossed. ill be heading 2 Alberta, SAIT precisely

As for the mail thingy your fears are valid, just use a dummy mail that's what most NLanders do.

When i saw u ask Delta that question i knew he would say something like that lolzzz. Na our chaiman be that o. He's a Nice guy tough, im sure he'll contact u soonest

Don't 4 get to Update us O and Put us in prayers 2. Peace Bruv!
iSO, you are a funny chap. Keep being positive.

The reality is I pop in from time to time, read a few posts and try to help where I can. Funny enough, people actually pay me for some of the advice I give here for free. So when someone like Slim who is asking for some advice/help is giving me conditions, I just skip. It's not as if I have anything to lose and he/she will probably be fine with or without my advice/help.

@Slim, I have sent you an email.

dade112:

DELTA007,please do you know schools that accept NECO for admissions in Canada??can you also help with schools with not too expensive tuition fees?do you have an email where i can write you better please??reply soon please
This question has been asked a gazillion times. Please take some time to go through the thread. You'd need to do your homework but a list of institutions in Canada is here: http://www.aucc.ca/ Tuition fees are somewhat relative, depending on your program; however, Memorial University seem to have one of the lowest in the country. Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 2:27pm On Aug 25, 2011
@delta and vodka : quick question
let say ur company wants to pay for ur return ticket to a conference in canada. apart from the letter of introduction saying all d stories what else should dey include. would der be a need for company's statement of acc
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2011
Na wa oh. These embassy people do all verifications no be small. My mom's bank just called her that the head office received an email from the embassy stating my name to make inquiries if my mom actually collected the statement of account & used it for me. So my mom confirmed that I am her daughter & next of kin. The bank replied them that its ok for them to treat.

My company is my sponsor & not my mom. I just used my discretion to include her bank statement, sworn affidavit of consent, letter & documents. I forgot to add that she received her visiting visa since on the 5th of August. I have also alerted my company just in case they contact them.

Please prepare your school, office, sponsor or whatsoever so that when they make inquiries from them, they can respond accurately & promptly. Probably its verification that delays the visa process so you need to be ready for whatever they throw at ya.

Best of luck to all of us.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Na wa oh. These embassy people do all verifications no be small. My mom's bank just called her that the head office received an email from the embassy stating my name to make inquiries if my mom actually collected the statement of account & used it for me. So my mom confirmed that I am her daughter & next of kin. The bank replied them that its ok for them to treat.

My company is my sponsor & not my mom. I just used my discretion to include her bank statement, sworn affidavit of consent, letter & documents. I forgot to add that she received her visiting visa since on the 5th of August. I have also alerted my company just in case they contact them.

Please prepare your school, office, sponsor or whatsoever so that when they make inquiries from them, they can respond accurately & promptly. Probably its verification that delays the visa process so you need to be ready for whatever they throw at ya.

Best of luck to all of us.

@Cuddlemii, nice post, they actually do verify, i remember they called my dad's bank, his account officer told him that back then, so ppl should just alert whoever should verify for them , cos as u said, these things can cause delay or even denial ,
Re: Travelling To Canada by dade112: 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2011
Delta007,thanks but you have an idea of anyone that accepts N.E.C.O in lieu of W.A.E.C??
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolyem(m): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2011
@cuddlemii

I am just getting to know that you used company as your sponsor.

Can you please help me list some documents the company gave you in support of its committment to finance your study, this is bcoz my sponsor is my company too.

You can help on this email tol_yemi@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by mosesbj: 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2011
First time poster.
Am mbj,
submitted my application on may 8th,2011.
Given medical with attachment of request for transcript on july 11th.
This was done on july 25th at yaba.
I was called on phone on the 19th of august by cdhc but was unable to ask it.
Visited cdhc on 23rd august but was told my application has been finalized on the 22nd of august.
I called ups on the 24th but told me the dispatcher has not pick it up .
I track it myself and discovered it was deliver yesterday.
I went to their office this morning and meet the dispatcher on arrival.
To GOD be the glory,i was given my trv wit multiple entry .
THE LORD IS GOOD TO ME,TO U,TO EVERY ONE.
GOD BLESS U ALL,GOD BLESS MBJ
Re: Travelling To Canada by mosesbj: 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2011
First time poster.
Am mbj,
Visited cdhc on 23rd august but was told my application has been finalized on the 22nd of august.
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2011
mosesbj:

First time poster.
Am mbj,

@poster, please i want to know if the embassy asked you to pay your tuition fee before your trv was issued?
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2011
chizquare:

@delta and vodka : quick question
let say your company wants to pay for your return ticket to a conference in canada. apart from the letter of introduction saying all d stories what else should dey include. would der be a need for company's statement of acc

I personally think they will have to include the company's statement of account and information of the company's business, you might wanna ask @cuddlemii, i think she should be able to give you the best answer on company issues. I hope this helps.goodluck!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
mosesbj:

First time poster.
Am mbj,

Congrats. You applied on my birthday so that explains the luck and favour from God. This is just the beginning of more to come cos my bday comes with God's blessings.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ bashtee, cindel07, cuddleme, newacca, nellydee, fimo, chizsquare, vodka9tn49 and all,

GLORY BE TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD WHO IS IN HEAVEN.
I got my TRV today with multiple entry. GOD IS GREAT.
submitted my application 13th may 2011
called for medicals on 3rd August 2011
did medicals at YABA on 5th August 2011
Got my TRV multiple entry 2day.

PRAISE THE LORD. for those who have done their medicals in the past 3 weeks. Please go to the embassy to make inquiries. Pray fervently cause i did and you will hear good news! cheers to all.

signing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ Toluald: you see.told you to go there.those guys are super busy n they usually cant remember some applications.did they attach that crazy love letter to ur medical instruction.CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ chukie 94: yeah they attached that letter to my application, Thanks for d jinger brov! you are the best!

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / Italian Student Visa-help!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.