Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,090 members, 7,973,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 11:07 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (464140 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2011
longecity:

@vodka
I really appreciate all the insight and info given.it really helps.thank you very much.I just want to ask few question
1. What re d things u were asked to present before your study permit were issued at d POE
2.How much u owe
3.How many hours or minutes u spent at POE
Lastly was there any challenges at all at POE
Am asking becos I will leaving for canada vry soon.my start date is sept 5.
Thank u very much for everytin

Sir, POE shouldnt give u any problem, as long as your documents are genuine, but i must say , people differ.how they treated me might not be how you would be treated, but basically it shouldnt be a problem, they just ask u for you passport and u show them, they look at it, they look at you, you look at them( please be relaxed, they are not spirits, look like u are at ease), they ask u basic questions like what are u coming in for? u tell them, they let you go, and u go to another place where they will issue u the study permit, they just ask u basic questions too about school and duration of your study, and then they print it out and attach it to your passport, i cant really say how long it will take, but man u are in canada, what does it matter how long it will take, u aint under arrest u know? its just a process, but it shouldnt bother u, as for how much i am carrying, no one asked me that, but you should carry enough for your basic needs and u can tell them the rest will be wired to you,

u should just have the following handy in an envelop

1. your admission letter
2. evidence of fees payment
3. if you have accommodation arrangements,please include that.

to be on a safer side, before you leave go to kijiji.ca (select the province and city u are going to) and look for short term rentals, email them and tell them you will need a place for the day or arrival, so that if them ask you for POE tell them say u don make arrangement for short term rentals(if them ask u for contacts,give them and of course the person can confirm u contacted them), so you will say u plan to stay there for a few days while you look for a proper place to rent, or if u can get someone has a place to rent on that site, just tell them that you are an international student and u are coming on the set date(what im saying is, just make genuine arrangements just in case),

i think thats all i have to say for now.
Re: Travelling To Canada by lee007(m): 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2011
@Toluads am not sure when it was sent but i got the tracking number from the Admin Guy i checked online and i discovered it was delivered on the 18th with that info it should have been sent on the 11th which is a Thursday so it took one fill week to reach france!
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2011
newacca:

@vodka9tn49
concerning the medicals,I think if there is any malady or health problems during the test at the hospital,the person shall be contacted/informed by the hospital b4 the report is sent to France and afterward to CDHC,lagos. I'm just curious. Though the report of the medical test I did had already been sent to France.

I think so too sir. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2011
EpicWin:

@all

Hey peeps! I need to know if stouville college is actually a proper college in canada. A friend of mine got admitted there but this link

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110619232126AAbPzkj

Throws assertions that its a fake school.

sir I think that link gives enough information on that.
Re: Travelling To Canada by longecity: 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2011
@vodka
I really appreciate ur effort u av contributed in the forum,may God continue to bless and guide u.concerning the accomodation,am going to stay with my uncle for some time before I get a my own place.how will explain these to them because during the filling of study permit questionaire,it was asked that do you know anybdy in canada but the answer was obviously "NO".
Don't say my question is much ooooo,just to the appropiate ans to give
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2011
longecity:

@vodka
I really appreciate your effort u av contributed in the forum,may God continue to bless and guide u.concerning the accomodation,am going to stay with my uncle for some time before I get a my own place.how will explain these to them because during the filling of study permit questionaire,it was asked that do you know anybdy in canada but the answer was obviously "NO".
Don't say my question is much ooooo,just to the appropiate ans to give
Thanks.

Thank you sir for your prayers.I say Amen to that smiley
As for the accommodation, well i wonder why u said no, but now that its like that, two things, you can either say u found out that he was there after u filled the form, and u are going to be there for a few days, or SIMPLY JUST STICK TO THE PLAN OF FINDING AN ACCOMMODATION ON KIJIJI AND MAKING CONTACT WITH THE HOME OWNER JUST IN CASE THEY ASK, its better you put things str8 forward and not having to be in a tight spot trying to explain urself.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2011
@Epicwin,
are u planning to go to Stouffville college or u are trying to help Nairalander/future nairalanders that are planning to go to the college?if you answer YES to either of the questions,it's nice for u to make findings about the college,but try and make ur findings properly to avoid misleading people. I think ur assertion is wrong to some extent.
Though Stouffville college has some restrictions from Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities to offer some programmes; ACCA is not included among the programmes that the Ministry restrained Stouffville from offering. ACCA is a professional certification prog. offered privately by Stouffville college and the Ministry does not have any prob. with it. As a matter of fact,Stouffville college and LSBF,Toronto(London School of Business and Finance,Toronto campus) are the 2 colleges recognized by the ACCA professional body itself. The college has its problem with the Ministry concerning accreditation of all other programmes in the recent time,to the best of my knowledge;and I cannot guarantee you about the other programmes,but I am 100% sure that STOUFFVILLE COLLEGE does not have any problem offering ACCA in Canada. Go to ACCA website and you will see the list of tuition providers.

https://portal.accaglobal.com/tpweb/faces/page/public/tuitionprovider/searchtp/XXTPQuickSearchVO1Table.jspx

Sir, the responder to the question on answers.yahoo does not take the time to find about stouffville college offering ACCA rather he sees things from the problems Stouffville has with accreditation of offering all other career and vocational prog. by the Ministry of Education. Ali on the answer.yahoo asked if he could pursue ACCA at the college,instead he was misguided.
Authoritatively speaking,I have got contact of a Nigerian guy,Yoruba,who is currently at Stouffville college,pursuing ACCA. He got his visa from Nigeria last year and he is in Canada. I also met another Pakistani who spent almost all his entire life in Nigeria(he grew up in Lagos) He speaks lil Yoruba and speak pidgine Engliss freely. He claimed he also got visa from 9ja to study ACCA @ stouffville college,though he said he had changed to York University because he feels ACCA does not gain ground in Canada.
I met some Asians,Middleeastern,Africans and even 9ja brothers(living in UK) in other forum like canadavisa.com who had gotten visa to study ACCA in this same college.
Though the college is really very small and you cannot get work permit studying in such college. Furthermore,you need to be self reliance to study in the college,u dnt expect lectures to teach u everything,these are some major disadvantages of the college to the best of my knowledge.

Sir,pls.tell ur friend to take his time to make findings especially from 9ja ppl over there. If he's planning to go for ACCA,he should relax! Stouffville college is known for offering ACCA prog. and has recorded 85% student success rate in its first year of offering ACCA. Even loads of students in Canada argue that Stouffville college is better than LSBF in Canada.
You can also search for the college on facebook. U'll get more info. abt d college also.
check this link also:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-anyone-got-admission-in-stouffville-college-toronto-t75557.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-one-who-got-admission-in-lsbf-toronto-campus-stouffville-college-t76080.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-nigerian-studying-at-stouffville-collegetorontoon-t68514.0.html

Pls. note; I am not writing all these to defend Stouffville college. I am only writing some findings and fact I've gotten. More so,I should be going to the college as well. All in All,everyone has his own opinion and choice about issues and decision,but it is important to give informations that will not mislead or cause confusion for people. I want to thank you for taking your time to make findings for your friend. My advice for ur friend,he should look before leaping. He should have make findings before applying to the college not after he has been given admission. Though it's still better at the stage that he makes the findings,but I think he's on the right path. No qualms. let me knw if he/she is also going for ACCA.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by okeys112(m): 12:15am On Aug 22, 2011
@ All: I have been inactive on this thread cause last week was boring due to the Wait. @least EasyE2011 and Judesuyi got their TRVs.

@ Newacca: how far na?? dem suppose don answer u last week so that Chibs001, Cindel07 and I will be expectant of ours this wk. As e b, we fit no get ours since dem never free chairman like u. Any-ways, This week is another week of Hyper tracking just like when we were expectant of our Medical Invites.

@Chibs001: How far now?? Is urs on d move

@ Cindel07: I hail O! How far with those ur guys that were told to bring 1 thing 2 things?? Have dey been issued yet??
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 12:35am On Aug 22, 2011
@Vodka,

thanks bro. The informates too pure. Nice one.

@Okey112,

norrin yet o. I go appear for CDHC tommorrow, na my face them go first see when them wake up! Boiz are not laffin angry
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 2:26am On Aug 22, 2011
Chibs001:

@Vodka,

thanks bro. The informates too pure. Nice one.

@Okey112,

norrin yet o. I go appear for CDHC tommorrow,  na my face them go first see when them wake up! Boiz are not laffin  angry

no wahala.na God! I pray una get wetin una want, and  grin @ Boiz are not laffin  angry part, hahaha
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2011
okeys112,
Welcome back to the house. The house don miss you,in fact me don miss u personally. Baba,I still dey here ooo. Chairman for where? All dem my people like longecity,chizquare,easye2011 and judesuyi wey don get their shiny sticker to go Maple land na dem be Chairmen ooo.
Well, let's be hopeful. I pray we all get good news this week(God willing)
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 9:54am On Aug 22, 2011
@Newacca @vodka9tn49

Thanks 4 making things clearer. A friend asked me 4 advice having shown me the yahoo link of doubt towards stouffvilles credibility. Though I checked lists or registered colleges and still saw its name, I couldn't out of good conscience tell her to go ahead with the application.

Now that oga newacca has being so kind enough to fully elucidate this whole issue, I could give advice with a clear mind. Thanks man.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 10:04am On Aug 22, 2011
@Epicwin,
sure,u r welcome. Thx for making findings 4 ur friend. I'm convinced all ur guyz doing things like this 4 ur buddies r nice,cool dudes.
Yea,let ur friend go ahead as long as he/she is going there for ACCA. I can beat my chest that he/she is good to go. Gbam!
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 10:12am On Aug 22, 2011
@ Lee07: Thank you for your response. I have contacted Merian Hospital @ yaba and i have been given the tracking number. I tracked it and it was delivered on 16th Aug @ 11:30am. it was picked up @ d hospital on 11th Aug. so it spent about 5days to get to Paris.
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2011
My medical clock 2weeks today.i hope we all get Good news this week.Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 11:31am On Aug 22, 2011
@ Okeys112: your school start date is August 16. which is already past. why don't you go to the embassy and make inquiry on the status of your file? I simply advice that you do so. cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2011
People:

For those of you in programs that have already resumed but have not gotten Visas, you need to differ your admission or get a letter from the institution that you can resume late. The embassy may deny your application simply because the date has elapsed. You have to be pro-active.

Goodluck!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2011
Delta007:

People:

For those of you in programs that have already resumed but have not gotten Visas, you need to differ your admission or get a letter from the institution that you can resume late. The embassy may deny your application simply because the date has elapsed. You have to be pro-active.

Goodluck!!

@delta007, like my own case on my letter of acceptance there are 3 start date in which i can come in sept,jan or May 2012.do i still need to get a letter from the school to update my file should incase i didnt get the visa prior to the sept start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2011
@delta007, like my own case on my letter of acceptance there are 3 start date in which i can come in sept,jan or May 2012.do i still need to get a letter from the school to update my file should incase i didnt get the visa prior to the sept start date.
@ guddylover: I personally don't think that there is a need for a new letter in your case since it clearly states the alternate start dates but you can get advise from more Nairalanders. cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2011
Delta007:

People:

Goodluck!!

Good point sir, they will have to email the school to get a letter that says they may be able to start late if possible, but if not, then you can ask for deferment,

@All
but i would also suggest emailing the embassy and letting them know the situation, present your case in an appropriate manner, state your passport number and File number (same as the one one your medical form). When I applied to uk embassy 2 yrs ago, i emailed when they were delaying, the next week i got a visa, canadian embassy, same thing, as i mentioned here earlier they gave me visa twice, the first time was sept last yr, the next december last yr, when i wasnt able to go to travel in september.i emailed the embassy and gave them the reasons, they emailed back telling me that i should come to the embassy when i feel i am ready to travel (awesome right? ), then i emailed back, if they meant just anytime, they replied. ''one month to your start date'' and that i should bring the email they sent me along when im coming to the embassy, i went there december 6th(school was to start january 10th,i couldnt wait any longer), i went there and showed the pple at the gate the email, and they let me in, i was the only one in the embassy on that day (for real, it was like an holiday), they stamp my issh for the second time, cancelled the first, and told me the letter they issued with the visa in august is still valid to go with this new visa and i should just show it to the officer at the POE, so please, if the time is against you, message them(do not make it seem like you are rushing them to decide, but at the same time express the need for urgency), goodluck all

GOD ROCKS !!! GOD WORKS!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2011
vodka9tn49:

Good point sir, they will have to email the school to get a letter that says they may be able to start late if possible, but if not, then you can ask for deferment,

@All
but i would also suggest emailing the embassy and letting them know the situation, present your case in an appropriate manner, state your passport number and File number (same as the one one your medical form). When I applied to uk embassy 2 yrs ago, i emailed when they were delaying, the next week i got a visa, canadian embassy, same thing, as i mentioned here earlier they gave me visa twice, the first time was sept last yr, the next december last yr, when i wasnt able to go to travel in september.i emailed the embassy and gave them the reasons, they emailed back telling me that i should come to the embassy when i feel i am ready to travel (awesome right? ), then i emailed back, if they meant just anytime, they replied. ''one month to your start date'' and that i should bring the email they sent me along when im coming to the embassy, i went there december 6th(school was to start january 10th,i couldnt wait any longer), i went there and showed the pple at the gate the email, and they let me in, i was the only one in the embassy on that day (for real, it was like an holiday), they stamp my issh for the second time, cancelled the first, and told me the letter they issued with the visa in august is still valid to go with this new visa and i should just show it to the officer at the POE, so please, if the time is against you, message them(do not make it seem like you are rushing them to decide, but at the same time express the need for urgency), goodluck all

GOD ROCKS !!! GOD WORKS!!!

@vodka9tn49, Thanks for all the tips you have been giving on this thread!, i am still waiting for my visa and if eventually i have to settle for Jan 2012 start date will they wait till around Dec. before they issue the visa or i will be issued the visa like sept.then i can travel anytime before the start date which is Jan.2012, waiting for your comment.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
guddylover:

@vodka9tn49, Thanks for all the tips you have been giving on this thread!, i am still waiting for my visa and if eventually i have to settle for Jan 2012 start date will they wait till around Dec. before they issue the visa or i will be issued the visa like sept.then i can travel anytime before the start date which is Jan.2012, waiting for your comment.

u r welcome, the issued ENTRY VISA is just for ONE MONTH, so they will wait for a month to the time you will be leaving, I had to go tru that, I took solace in AFRICA MAGIC, by the time u watch part 1,2,3 or all those nigerian films,, december go reach grin but guy, the suspense is killing,
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2011
vodka9tn49:

u r welcome, the issued ENTRY VISA is just for ONE MONTH, so they will wait for a month to the time you will be leaving, I had to go tru that, I took solace in AFRICA MAGIC, by the time u watch part 1,2,3 or all those nigerian films,, december go reach grin but guy, the suspense is killing,

@vodka9tn49, please can i chat with you on either yahoo messenger or msn,here is my email: mrguddylove@yahoo.com, peace
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2011
ummm.i think the best thing is wen its getting to ur resumption date n u hvnt gotten any reply from CDHC, u jst hv to go to em to remind em that u still exist.else they wud forget u n get to u at their own pace.this is from some experienced heads (my friends).
Re: Travelling To Canada by easye2011(m): 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2011
@vodka9tn49 can i chat with you concerning this accommodation issue. Here is my yahoo messanger id: onoks_eze@yahoo.com. Thanks:
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
ok
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
**Takes deep breadth and sighs** Here we go again, all TRV hopefuls waiting patiently in line. We have played the match, we have played extra time and now the match has been dragged to penalties!

@newacca E be like say u don score goal tey tey. Make Ref confirm am!

@okeys112 Bruv, get an update from the embassy. and if need be, get a clearance from your school to the CHDC, for late resumption. God willing u'll score b4 the final whistle!

@Chibs001 "aka boyz are not laughing" lolzzz. Only ur face go pursue keeper comot 4 post make u no tear shot wey go carry am bust net cheesy

@Ayodele,Delta007, vodka9tn49 Thanks for the coaching guys. U Showed us a lot of "skills" CHDC go shock wen dem C person dey use free kick take score penalty. David Villa Something!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2011
@isO-Savvy

Lol! Them go fear fear naa. This week shd bring lotsa goodies for us o!
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 11:27pm On Aug 22, 2011
isO_Savvy:

**Takes deep breadth and sighs** Here we go again, all TRV hopefuls waiting patiently in line. We have played the match, we have played extra time and now the match has been dragged to penalties!

@newacca E be like say u don score goal tey tey. Make Ref confirm am!

@okeys112 Bruv, get an update from the embassy. and if need be, get a clearance from your school to the CHDC, for late resumption. God willing u'll score b4 the final whistle!

@Chibs001 "aka boyz are not laughing" lolzzz. Only your face go pursue keeper comot 4 post make u no tear shot wey go carry am bust net cheesy

@Ayodele,Delta007, vodka9tn49 Thanks for the coaching guys. U Showed us a lot of "skills" CHDC go shock wen dem C person dey use free kick take score penalty. David Villa Something!

lol
Re: Travelling To Canada by slim69: 12:54am On Aug 23, 2011
Wow , something big is really happening here!
Congrats to those that have gotten their visas.
As for after medicals, trust in God , you'll get it soon.

First-time poster here, and it goes:
Sometime in Feb - Printed forms to be filled.
Sometime in May - Got official admission letter from school.

May 12th - Intended to submit application until God intervened and made one security man to open my application. That was when news got to me that the forms had been changed. I ran to the closest cyber cafe, downloaded the new forms, printed and submitted that day. God is great, i tell you.
(Prayer and Fasting)
July 26th - Got application package to go for medicals. Gave a call to Yaba hospital, but they were saying 'no space until, ' story. Called VI, the person sounded gentle but still said no space. Anyway convinced her for the next day.
(Prayer and Fasting)
July 27th - Got to VI hospital very early , waited until they resumed work. Since i got there first, i was attended to first! Did medicals, x-ray and finally submitted my p/port and other documents back to the embassy.
(Prayer and Fasting)
Aug 18th - My mother called me and told me to send an e-mail to the embassy, which i did. Instantly, i was replied that my application was just finalised that day (18th), and i should contact my courier company (dhl). Dhl was saying long thing , story on thursday into friday. The suspense was unbearable and i was restless all thru' the weekend.
(, Prayer and , )
Aug 22nd - Went to embassy early, filled a form and was told to come back at 15:30. While I was waiting, that was when DHL came to get the mails to be sent out (i saw other courier companies (fedex, tnt, red star)in the morning o). Got there, waited a little more and , viola, Got my package with my visa in it. I later learnt that it seems dhl has backlog of jobs, so they've not been able to get mails regularly at the embassy. Guess that's what led to my delay. I should have gotten my visa on thursday or friday. But still, everything happens for a reason , and eventually for my good. I give God all the thanks! Apparently most of the people waiting there too wanted to collect their visa, and most also used dhl. As for those waiting, don't just sit till your school resumes. Take action NOW!

It'd also help if you dump your bad habits and just trust in God. Commit your works to the lord, and your thoughts would be established!

I'm going to Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Anyone going to Halifax also? As for those there already, please what banks would you suggest is most user friendly without unnecessary debit from my little change cool? What phone carrier with cheap quality service would you suggest? I heard telus and Koodo are doing great but I haven't been able to resolve btwn the two. Even asides them, what's your take on phone carriers? Where can I spend a night or two b4 getting a place, as soon as I touchdown halifax. Please your response is of utmost urgency. Thanks in advance!
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 1:09am On Aug 23, 2011
@slim69

Great! Good 4 u, I'm heading to Newfoundland. I reckon that's close. Still waiting after my medical so very hopeful. Few questions though, did u get an attached letter wiv ur medical instructions and where u asked to pay tuition by the consulate?
Re: Travelling To Canada by slim69: 1:30am On Aug 23, 2011
EpicWin:

@slim69

Great! Good 4 u, I'm heading to Newfoundland. I reckon that's close. Still waiting after my medical so very hopeful. Few questions though, did u get an attached letter wiv your medical instructions and where u asked to pay tuition by the consulate?

Nope, this mysterious letter is all the rage in the forum o , luckily, it wasn't attached to mine. But really, i don't think it matters! I'd suggest you send an e-mail to Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca pronto! Make sure you're very detailed in your message (like ur name, file no and be specific with dates!). Once you get their reply, you'll know ur next line of movement. When did you do medicals? What courier did you use? Is it dhl? If it's been up to 3weeks since medicals and you used dhl, i recommend you go get ur stuff @embassy , I heard Newfoundland's cool too, what school are you going and when's resumption?

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.