Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,735 members, 7,945,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:55 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462383 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2011
@guddylover,
thx. I cant really hold a fact abt what causes the delay,I can only suggest maybe it's the added time I spent to get my Doctor's report clearing me of TB. All in All,God is there for us.

@tolualds,

Thx. Only God knows why. but I was tld my CDHC that they r yet to receive my medical report 4rm Paris and dat they gotta contact me when they get it.

tolualds:

@ chukie 94: don't be deceived, MAPLE uses any hospital of d 2. They use d one DAT provides an earlier appointment date. i have a friend dat used maple and did his medicals in YABA. He is still awaiting his visa though! cheers!

@tolualds,
I think the system is slow in Yaba hospital.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2011
@all
It nice hearing the good news of medicals here and there,it shows that CDHC is aware of everyone's resumption date,you can image the anxiety and restlessness here 4 weeks back,now the story is on "how far about medical result".I think everyone that has been called for medicals has met the requirements,i think medicals is mere formality expect if you have the following ailment Hepatis,TB,HIV,Meningitis and other communicable diseases.This is from a source in the CDHC.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 11:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
@joeburster

well he didn't say , guess it'd run till december. Bookig must be done b4 Aug 31st!

@newacca

Did my medicals in VI.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 12:15am On Aug 19, 2011
@chibs01

they were asked to bring documents on what their spouse were doing and an evidence to show that they were married,

@newacca

we did our medicals in VI
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 5:46am On Aug 19, 2011
judesuyi:

@tolualds

My school start date is September 7

@All

Please, what is the nearest international airport to New brunswick as international airlines do not go to New Brunswick?

Ahh Oga na New Brunswick nai u wan go? hmm, ok, well, I think you will have to land in toronto(pearson airport) and then from there to New Brunswick. Check if Quebec has an international airport(they should), but I would prefer you book to toronto and from toronto to New Brunswick, goodluck for that way man,
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 5:56am On Aug 19, 2011
bashtee:

@all
It nice hearing the good news of medicals here and there,it shows that CDHC is aware of everyone's resumption date,you can image the anxiety and restlessness here 4 weeks back,now the story is on "how far about medical result".I think everyone that has been called for medicals has met the requirements,i think medicals is mere formality expect if you have the following ailment Hepatis,TB,HIV,Meningitis and other communicable diseases.This is from a source in the CDHC.

You are right in a way, Medical is kinda just a formality, but not exactly *mere*,  its just to have records of your health condition before travelling. last yr, when i went for medicals, i overheard someone talking on phone that they said she has appendix and they have asked that they do an operation for her asap, I think they would only be concerned about things like HIV. and those things are done carefully to avoid the word #discrimination#. I recall that the oyibo woman was asking me questions and all my answers were NO. The woman just vex for me .say why i dey lie say na for my own good them dey do the test, i tell her say i no dey lie, well i was forced to say yes to typhoid(i really had it then sha, but i know i would have said no, had she not gotten angry grin), that YES cost me extra about 5k to do another test, e pain me ehn. cry .

well goodluck to all of you that have gone for medicals, you are almost there, when my medical form came, it came with another form requesting more documents(u can imagine after i don give them loads of paper), so if i can get it, so can u, i was worried that since it came with another paper it means they are still having problem with what i have given them, but then again i thought to myself, if they wanted to reject me, why add a medical form? BE POSITIVE!! Goodluck and God bless!
Re: Travelling To Canada by yungmoni: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2011
vodka9tn49:

You are right in a way, Medical is kinda just a formality, but not exactly *mere*,  its just to have records of your health condition before travelling. last yr, when i went for medicals, i overheard someone talking on phone that they said she has appendix and they have asked that they do an operation for her asap, I think they would only be concerned about things like HIV. and those things are done carefully to avoid the word #discrimination#. I recall that the oyibo woman was asking me questions and all my answers were NO. The woman just vex for me .say why i dey lie say na for my own good them dey do the test, i tell her say i no dey lie, well i was forced to say yes to typhoid(i really had it then sha, but i know i would have said no, had she not gotten angry grin), that YES cost me extra about 5k to do another test, e pain me ehn. cry .

well goodluck to all of you that have gone for medicals, you are almost there, when my medical form came, it came with another form requesting more documents(u can imagine after i don give them loads of paper), so if i can get it, so can u, i was worried that since it came with another paper it means they are still having problem with what i have given them, but then again i thought to myself, if they wanted to reject me, why add a medical form? BE POSITIVE!! Goodluck and God bless!

@vodka9tn49
This is a morale booster, i did my medicals on Aug 3rd also waiting for CDHC to call, hopefully next week. This house is the bomb. Thanks all
Re: Travelling To Canada by trodon: 3:15pm On Aug 19, 2011
Hi all, i am back on line. My Airtel moden has been out of service for about three weeks now. I had to visit their office and made a lot of noise and thank God, it has been restored. I received intructions to go for Med on the 3rd of Aug. I did the Med on the 5th and completed thre Xray on the 6th at the VI clinic. I have missed out a lot and i am glad to be back. I give thanks to God for hearing our prayers. I will have to read from page 128 to catch up with the thread.
@T Baba, Guy how far? Na me,
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolyem(m): 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2011
@trodon

Sorry i was with my MD the last time you called. God is working in your favour just relax while God crowns your effort.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 12:43am On Aug 20, 2011
yungmoni:

@vodka9tn49
This is a morale booster, i did my medicals on Aug 3rd also waiting for CDHC to call, hopefully next week. This house is the bomb. Thanks all

Nuffin do U bros! I'm glad I gave u some ginger.but its the truth tho. cool
Re: Travelling To Canada by FIMO: 6:09am On Aug 20, 2011
Hello, anyone interested in having his or her medicals done today can email me ASAP
(callfimo@yahoo.com). I have an appointment today at VI but was lucky enough to
Have it done yday at yaba. So want to give my slot out to sm1 else if possible.
Re: Travelling To Canada by kolajoo(m): 7:45am On Aug 20, 2011
This is to inform all travelers that cash ticket to anywhere in the world with any airline available @good rate, try us now and i know you will have a successfully story to tell,

Contact Kola for more inquiry/booking.
kolaomomummy@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 10:13am On Aug 20, 2011
@ FIMO: Folusho Mosuro is dat u? when is ur school resuming?
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 4:26pm On Aug 20, 2011
@ Oldees and Newbies Landed in Canada, any advice as to preparations one should make when coming to Canada? I.E things we should buy in Naija vs  things we would be better off getting in CA

@all making preparations to land Canada soon.  If any of Yall are planning 2 get a nice expensive phone(or any phone 4 that matter) b4 travelling,  Reconsider O. Certain phones/Smartphones may not be compatible with certain networks over there. its best to keep your cash handy for that. Else come December u may turn by force Father Christmas on top IPhone 4

@vodka9tn49 My chairman i salute o. Thnks 4 all d info
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2011
@ nellydee: pls forward your mobile contact to my in-box so we can be in touch tolualadetoyinbo@gmail.com since we have similar start dates and are going towards Toronto. cheers brov

@ Cindel07: sent u an email but u never responded till date. Na wa oh!
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2011
@ cindel07: Adanma Ekekwe you studied electrical engineering @ Anambra state university right? i knew i know u. wink tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada by lee007(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2011
How on earth could i have missed this wonderful thread  shocked shocked?

I am also a Canadian hopeful for September in Humber College

*I submitted my application on the 20th of May
*School Resumes 6th September
*Recieved Medical Examination Instruction on 3rd August
*Did Medicals on 8th August in Zankli Abuja
*Got Tracking Number from the Hospital and Tracked the Report to France which was delivered on 18th August
*Waiting on God to perfect this Journey, This is the Toughest Visa Application I have experienced, But i Know just like for all of us , God will make a Way!

The Guys on this Thread have done a great Job all the best to everyone!

Shalom cool
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2011
@Longecity

How far? Did you visit KLM at the airport like u planned?
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2011
isO_Savvy:

@ Oldees and Newbies Landed in Canada any advice as to preparations one should make when coming to Canada. I.E things we should buy in Naija vs  things we would be better off getting in CA

@all making preparations to land Canada soon.  If any of Yall are planning 2 get a nice expensive phone(or any phone 4 that matter) b4 travelling,  Reconsider O. Certain phones/Smartphones may not be compatible with certain networks over there. its best to keep your cash handy for that. Else come December u may turn by force Father Christmas on top IPhone 4

@vodka9tn49 My chairman i salute o. Thnks 4 all d info

@ isO_Savvy, no wahala, always a pleasure, good thing u shared the phone thing when everyone,

@ALL

better u get a phone from here(in my opinion) because you dont know yet which network u would join. cos there are different plans, it is possible that you will be on a network that will support you ''unlocked'' phone, but its also possible that you will have to get a new phone. you can carry your phones u already have.but dont try to get a new one, but i have to let you know, that for new blackberry phones you will pay $400-450 fr a bold and around $300 for a curve, and used u can get bold for $200-300 and curve $150-$200. for iphone 3, lets just say about $300,

as for other stuffs to buy, try get clothes for naija if u dont want to start spending money immediately, ur fake gucci and prada and loius vuitton would do just fine grin, please visit yaba and buy Grade 1 ''u know what'', just kidding o, basically just buy clothes, at least that you can use for some months, average good jeans cost like $50-60, good jeans o, but there are the others you can get for 20, and there are always sales, got a Tommy Jean for $36 in january, also get sweat shirts, for those coming to calgary, thick clothes would make sense o, its cold for a long time there, also those going to Saskachewan, dunno bout new brunswick, quebec and nova scotia, ontario is ok compared to alberta and Saskachewan,

THINGS YOU WOULD NEED(especially if u dont wanna start spending the CAD so quick)

1. you will need lip balm/gloss whateva, cos the during the winter ur lips tear/gets dried(may be bought here)
2. You need Vaseline   shocked ,cos if the weather, to rub ur body and not for any other purposes grin
3.You need toothpaste
4. You need thick clothes, sweaters,and jackets(better jacket no be kpai kpai one o) <<for when cold come
5. Boot when get thick sole (e.g timberland boot)<< for the cold weather.
5. regular clothes, singlet (not shimy o lipsrsealed), boxer and g-strings :p

THINGS I DONT THINK U NEED
1. Lamp/lantern
2.Touchlight
3.Generator
4. Panadol
5.Ciprotab
6.Amalar(the medicine,not food o)
7. Gold circle (i no mean say u no need condom o  lipsrsealed)
8. A new mobile phone (because you dont know if the network that you would like the plan would support your phone).

Now finally, if your father or mother is rich,or your father/mother is a commissioner, senator, governor,or goodluck Jonathan, please ignore all what I have wrote,

Thank you peeps, I said alot of rubbish, just pick the one when make sense and leave th rest just for laughs.if you see a typo, please ignore, i dont have time to go back and read this long story i just wrote, thank u once again  cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 11:02pm On Aug 20, 2011
@vodka

Its like a lot of young pple & kids are at that SAIT. Please how is tower & east hall? Too many kids in there abi?

R Laptops cheaper in Calgary. The hp I bought here is bad barely after 1 year so I need to know. I am doing an IT course so I need it.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 11:21pm On Aug 20, 2011
Cuddlemii:

@vodka

Its like a lot of young pple & kids are at that SAIT. Please how is tower & east hall? Too many kids in there abi?

R Laptops cheaper in Calgary. The hp I bought here is bad barely after 1 year so I need to know. I am doing an IT course so I need it.

I dunno which one u are refering to as east hall.but I guess that should be SENATOR BURNS BUILDING(thats where IT should be, cos Geomatics information system is too and I know I have seen information tech there). is it a diploma program or applied degree u are coming for? if its a diploma then you will see alot of young pple fresh from high school, but I wouldnt exactly say they are kids .but they are young, Applied degrees have older and boring people.but generally in senator burns, its young people. but does that does it matter? are you coming because of them?? .As for laptop, you can buy here.its cheaper for sure. you can get a good one for $370-$500. and if you in an IT program, they will give u a laptop, but i hear u give it back after u finish, nothing like your own thing, so u can get yours,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 12:49am On Aug 21, 2011
vodka9tn49:

I dunno which one u are refering to as east hall.but I guess that should be SENATOR BURNS BUILDING(thats where IT should be, cos Geomatics information system is too and I know I have seen information tech there). is it a diploma program or applied degree u are coming for? if its a diploma then you will see alot of young pple fresh from high school, but I wouldnt exactly say they are kids .but they are young, Applied degrees have older and boring people.but generally in senator burns, its young people. but does that does it matter? are you coming because of them?? .As for laptop, you can buy here.its cheaper for sure. you can get a good one for $370-$500. and if you in an IT program, they will give u a laptop, but i hear u give it back after u finish, nothing like your own thing, so u can get yours, 

Ok Thanx. Ignore the word kid in my post. I tend to clown a lot but not like urs. Lolz I meant Halls of residence East hall & tower hall.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 4:07am On Aug 21, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Ok Thanx. Ignore the word kid in my post. I tend to clown a lot but not like urs. Lolz I meant Halls of residence East hall & tower hall.

ok, sorry I didnt know what East hall was .but tower I am more familiar with, i didnt take up school residence , its too expensive, I have only gone into one of the rooms once, its pretty small, and u dont get alot of freedom as I noticed, then again, if paying their big money is not a problem for you, go for it. the advantage is that you just stroll to class, stroll back to your room when u dont have class.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2011
vodka9tn49:

ok, sorry I didnt know what East hall was .but tower I am more familiar with, i didnt take up school residence , its too expensive, I have only gone into one of the rooms once, its pretty small, and u dont get alot of freedom as I noticed, then again, if paying their big money is not a problem for you, go for it. the advantage is that you just stroll to class, stroll back to your room when u dont have class.

Well I am just making inquiries from you to avoid any missed steps. My program is short anyways. Thank you very much. Now we all have a good idea of our to economize money cos its easy to be carried away as a newbie in a foreign land. So generally, how is SAIT? Hope you are doing good? How is the weather around October?
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2011
@vodka9tn49,
Thx so much for the update about economic and finance. It's really vital to us all.

@All,
concerning the medicals,I think if there is any malady or health problems during the test at the hospital,the person shall be contacted/informed by the hospital b4 the report is sent to France and afterward to CDHC,lagos. I'm just curious. Though the report of the medical test I did had already been sent to France.
Re: Travelling To Canada by madisonlil(f): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2011
Try to consult them with your problem. They will provide the information you want or just ask an attorney that are expert in visa and immigration issue. Or try this one. Search in the internet about online assessment about visa and immigration issue.

j1 visa
Re: Travelling To Canada by vodka9tn49: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2011
newacca:

@vodka9tn49,
Thx so much for the update about economic and finance. It's really vital to us all.

@All,
concerning the medicals,I think if there is any malady or health problems during the test at the hospital,the person shall be contacted/informed by the hospital b4 the report is sent to France and afterward to CDHC,lagos. I'm just curious. Though the report of the medical test I did had already been sent to France.

Bro it's always a pleasure, feel free to ask me questions and I will ansa to the best of my knowledge. wink
Re: Travelling To Canada by longecity: 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2011
@vodka
I really appreciate all the insight and info given.it really helps.thank you very much.I just want to ask few question
1. What re d things u were asked to present before ur study permit were issued at d POE
2.How much u owe
3.How many hours or minutes u spent at POE
Lastly was there any challenges at all at POE
Am asking becos I will leaving for canada vry soon.my start date is sept 5.
Thank u very much for everytin
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2011
@vodka9tn49
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2011
@all

Hey peeps! I need to know if stouville college is actually a proper college in canada. A friend of mine got admitted there but this link

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110619232126AAbPzkj

Throws assertions that its a fake school.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2011
[b]@ Lee007: [/b]u did your medicals on the 8th. and it delivered on the 18th. Do u know d date it was sent from Abuja?
i did mine on 5th Aug, was sent on 11th Aug to France. Wanna estimate when it would have gotten to France.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.