Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,734 members, 7,945,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462381 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by Wealth21: 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2011
Hello Nairalanders, i have some news for y'all. though this my first time of posting a reply on this forum but i have been following this thread carefully because i applied for a study permit to Canada too and my start date is Sept 6th. However thats not the news, the news is if you have an American Visa, you can travel to america and apply to the embassy there, it takes roughly a month. I would have done the same too only that i found out about it late. So i think i just gave a future applicant a heads up!
Re: Travelling To Canada by easye2011(m): 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2011
just arrived safely in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 10:52pm On Aug 27, 2011
^welcome, let me take your coat

how was your journey?
Re: Travelling To Canada by ehizzo: 1:48am On Aug 28, 2011
Hi Nairaland please i have a Canadian Invitaion but i do not know how to process or what to do help with out so that i can know the nest step to take before it's too late
Re: Travelling To Canada by ehizzo: 1:55am On Aug 28, 2011
Hi Nairaland please i have a Canadian Invitaion but i do not know how to process or what to do help with out so that i can know the nest step to take before it's too late
Re: Travelling To Canada by easye2011(m): 7:37am On Aug 28, 2011
@Cuddlemii: my journey was nice though it was long. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 11:58am On Aug 28, 2011
easye2011:

@Cuddlemii: my journey was nice though it was long. Thanks

haha that kind thing persin go stretch leg tire. Thank God for your safe arrival!

Pls Which airline did you use and what was their fare?

Did you fly Straight to Edmonton or was there a connecting flight in Canada?

As for accommodation did u book b4 flying?, was it an issue at POE?
Re: Travelling To Canada by easye2011(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2011
@isO_Savvy: i dey tell u, leg dey pain person. i used KLM from Abuja to Amsterdam and then from Amsterdam to Calgary. the total fare was 380knaira. there was no problem at the POE, they just requested only the letter from naija embassy and then i was issued a study permit
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2011
isO_Savvy:

haha that kind thing persin go stretch leg tire. Thank God for your safe arrival!

Pls Which airline did you use and what was their fare?

Did you fly Straight to Edmonton or was there a connecting flight in Canada?

As for accommodation did u book b4 flying?, was it an issue at POE?
There's no direct flight to Edmonton. You'd either need to connect in Europe and sometimes, may have to connect again in one of the big hubs (Toronto or Calgary).
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2011
Wealth21:

Hello Nairalanders, i have some news for y'all. though this my first time of posting a reply on this forum but i have been following this thread carefully because i applied for a study permit to Canada too and my start date is Sept 6th. However thats not the news, the news is if you have an American Visa, you can travel to america and apply to the embassy there, it takes roughly a month. I would have done the same too only that i found out about it late. So i think i just gave a future applicant a heads up!
Not true. If you apply thru the consulates in the US, you'd still need to do medicals and it could take 3months or more.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2011
Wealth21:

Not true. If you apply thru the consulates in the US, you'd still need to do medicals and it could take 3months or more.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Wealth21: 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2011
[/quote]
@Delta007[quote author=Delta007 link=topic=118823.msg9026486#msg9026486 date=1314535113]
Re: Travelling To Canada by Wealth21: 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2011
@Delta007
Delta007:

As a matter of fact, i know it takes less time. My friend just got his Visa from the Canadian High Commission in Washinghton DC. He sent in his application 18th of July and a week later he was called for his medicals and on the 17th of August he was asked to pick up his visa. This is not hear-say, this actually happened. And also, the wait time is definately not 3 months
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2011
easye2011:

@isO_Savvy: i dey tell u, leg dey pain person. i used KLM from Abuja to Amsterdam and then from Amsterdam to Calgary. the total fare was 380knaira. there was no problem at the POE, they just requested only the letter from naija embassy and then i was issued a study permit

Thanks 4 the info bruv. if there is a touch down at Calgary, better 4 me cos thats my stop(God willing o)

Delta007:

There's no direct flight to Edmonton. You'd either need to connect in Europe and sometimes, may have to connect again in one of the big hubs (Toronto or Calgary).

Chairmo thanks a lot! its funny how Calgary has more flight traffic, even with Edmonton as the capital.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2011
@Wealth, feel free to believe what you want to based on one case. Normally, you could get a study permit approved same day. However, since you (or your friend) come from a tropical country, you have to do medicals. This is where the delay lies (if you apply outside Nigeria). Even if you do the medicals same day you get the instructions to do it, it takes a couple of days for the DMP to send it to the regional medical centre; some DMPs could take a week or two to send the applications off. The regional medical centre for Nigeria is Paris and the centre for applications from Canada, US is in Ottawa. This centre in Ottawa is backlogged; it has been backlogged for years. The bulk of their applications are Permanent residency applications from within and outside Canada (North America) and study permits are a very small fraction. Immigration consulting is what I do. I have clients applying from all over. The average SP application from the US is 2-3months; there have been some outliers (shorter and longer) but you do not base your advice on outliers.

isO_Savvy:

Thanks 4 the info bruv. if there is a touch down at Calgary, better 4 me cos thats my stop(God willing o)

Chairmo thanks a lot! its funny how Calgary has more flight traffic, even with Edmonton as the capital.
Alberta is a funny spot. The bulk of the business go through Calgary just like Toronto and Ottawa. Good luck with your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Wealth21: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2011
@Delta 007 well you may be right, however this is from what i saw happen. There are always possibilities, the info is for people that may not want to apply in Nigeria. And a confirmation to what you said, his medicals results were sent to canada as well and he was even given a copy. There are always exceptions, but i believe their processing time would be faster than ours here.
Re: Travelling To Canada by LoveKing(m): 12:22am On Aug 29, 2011
@Delta007

hi, i need to ask some questions . email?
Re: Travelling To Canada by monie(f): 8:49am On Aug 29, 2011
Gudmrn all,am thinking will dis 2days public holiday affect us?cuz my school resumes 6th,have just 2weeks left.I dnt even know what 2 do abt this.shld I go 2 d embassy?when shld I go?2mr and nxt no work,I don tire.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2011
Hi Guys

sorry i have been off air, needed to finish up my bible skol

The good news is that i have gotten my TRV today

i had to continiously mail them on my status b4 dm gree answer me

NA GOD SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

thank you all for your love, care and support
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2011
cindel07:

Hi Guys

NA GOD SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

@cindel, Thats a good news. can you please tell us when you did your medical and when exactly your trv was issued.did the embassy ask you to pay any tuition fee before issuing your trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2011
cindel07:

Hi Guys

NA GOD SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wow. Congrats dear. I am just coming from the Canadian Embassy. They said they only attend to people before 9am so I shld come back tomorrow. But it was after that I remembered dt there is a public holiday so wont want to go tomorrow for nothing. I will just mail them today. Happy for you.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2011
@guddy,

i did my medical on 29th of july submitted my application on 13th may and my TRV was issued on 25th of august 2011, no i wasn't asked to pay any fees
Re: Travelling To Canada by lee007(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2011
Dear peeps pls i need some clarification,

I did my Medicals on the 8th of August and still expecting to hear from them , I have sent serveral mails and all they tell me is to wait. however the issue is that i applied together with my accompanying spouce and i was told that her application won't be reviewed until mine is completed and we intend to leave together.

My thought is to postpone my resumption till january(since am am already almost late for resumption which is 6th sept) while i ensure that her own application is completed before then.

However am not sure what the embassy does in cases like this, or weather they will start working on her application upon postponement to january,

I hope i can find some answers,

Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 1:10pm On Aug 29, 2011
@ Cindel07,

Congrats dear. Abeg dey pray for us oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
THE DOCUMENTS I USED

FILE 1

1. CHECK LIST DOCUMENT
2. APPLICATION FORM- IMM 1294E
3. FAMILY COMPOSTION FORM
4. STUDY PERMIT OUESTIONAIRE
5. COPY OF BIO-DATA PAGE OF CURRENT PASSPORT
6. THREE PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH
7. INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
8. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE/LETTER OF INTENT

FILE 2
FAMILY COMPOSITION AND EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

1. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
2. LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT
3. APPLICATION FOR A STUDY LEAVE
4. STUDY LEAVE GRANTED
5. LETTER OF INTRODUCTION BY THE COMPANY
6. I.D CARD OF MY COMPANY

FILE 3
ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS

1. ORIGINAL AND PHOTOCOPY OF OFFICAL LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
2. ORIGINAL REVISED EDITION OF OFFICAL LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE AND PHOTOCOPY.
3. ORIGINAL TRANSCRIPT AND PHOTOCOPY.
4. ORIGINAL LETTER OF ATTESTATION STATING THAT MY CERTIFICATE IS NOT READY AND PHOTOCOPY.
5. ORIGINAL STATEMENT OF RESULT AND PHOTOCOPY.
6. TWO ORIGINAL WAEC RESULTS AND PHOTOCOPIES.
7. WAEC SCRATCH CARDS.
8. ORIGINAL NYSC DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE AND PHOTOCOPY.
9. ORIGINAL SECONDARY SCHOOL TESTIMONIES AND PHOTOCOPY
10. ORIGINAL PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH FROM DEAN OF ENGINEERING, FACULTY OF ENGINEERING.
11. ORIGINAL LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM DEAN OF ENGINEERING, FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
12. ORIGINAL AUTOCAD CERTIFICATES AND PHOTOCOPY.
13. ORIGINAL COMPUTER NETWORKING AND MAINTENANCE CERTIFICATES AND PHOTOCOPY.
14. ORIGINAL CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR.
15. CERTIFICATE OF OFFICE FOR THE POST OF VICE PRESIDENT ISSUED BY NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES ENGINEERING STUDENTS ASSOCIATION ANSU, CHAPTER.
16. RECEIPT FROM EMS SPEED POST AFTER SENDING MY TRANSCRIPT FROM MY NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY TO UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO CANADA  SO THAT I CAN FULFILL MY CONDITIONS IN MY OFFER LETTER STATED BY UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO.
17. MAILS FROM UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO STATING THAT MY CONDITIONS HAS BEEN SATISFIED AND MY TUITION FEES WILL BE POSTED ON MY QUEST PAGE ONE MONTH PRIOR TO MY START DATE.

FILE 4
FEES/FUNDING/FINANCES AND OTHER DOCUMENTS

1. PROCESSING FEES
2. LETTER FROM UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO ON THE WEBSITE TO LOCATE GUIDELINES ON THE TUITION FEE SCHEDULES, STUDY COST AND LIVING COST IN THE UNIVERSITY FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.
3. OFFICIAL FEE SCHEDULE.
4. ORIGINAL CERTIFIED SIX MONTHS BANK STATEMENT  FROM MY SPONSOR AND PHOTOCOPY
a. Certified personal account statement ova 6m
b. Certified business bank statement ova 30m
5. ORIGINAL REFERENCE LETTER FROM THE BANK AND PHOTOCOPY.
6. A NOTORIZED AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT.
7. LETTER OF CONSENT AND SPONSPORSHIP.
8. BUSINESS DOCUMENTS.
a. Certified true copy of the particulars of directors.
b. Photocopy of certificate of incorporation.

9. LETTERS OF CONTRACT AWARD
10. POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE OBTAINED FROM C.I.D HEADQUARTERS.
11. PRE-PAID RETURN COURIER ENVELOPE.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:24pm On Aug 29, 2011
Her application is dependent on yours, since you are the primary applicant. If you are approved, there's a high possibility that your spouse's application will be approved. I'd visit them on Thursday or Monday next week to find out the status before I defer the admission. Goodluck!
lee007:

Dear peeps pls i need some clarification,

I did my Medicals on the 8th of August and still expecting to hear from them , I have sent serveral mails and all they tell me is to wait. however the issue is that i applied together with my accompanying spouce and i was told that her application won't be reviewed until mine is completed and we intend to leave together.

My thought is to postpone my resumption till january(since am am already almost late for resumption which is 6th sept) while i ensure that her own application is completed before then.

However am not sure what the embassy does in cases like this, or weather they will start working on her application upon postponement to january,

I hope i can find some answers,

Thanks!

Re: Travelling To Canada by dwell1: 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2011
I like travelling around Canada because it is a nice country.
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2011
@Cindel07 Happy 4 u! all the best
Re: Travelling To Canada by lee007(m): 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2011
Thanks Delta007, ill visit them on thursday Gods Willing, Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2011
cindel07:

Hi Guys

NA GOD SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yea,
Cindel07,u got it! CONGRATS!!! [/b]I wish you the success in all ur endeavour has uve shifted to another phase of life in ur academic career.
I also wish everyone expecting medical call and visa good luck.
ciao

@All,
Let's try as much as possible to make good contributions as well get our visa or as we are about to apply. There are loads of guess members who check on this thread without registering and learning 4rm experiences here. I met a guy at the Canadian Embassy today,while I was raking on the security abt hw long my dox. stayed wif CDHC,he came to me and asked if i got a profile on Nairaland and I tld him I do. He made me to understand that he did his medicals few days b4 [b]Tolualds
,one of our Nairaland brov who jst got his visa. He said he comes to this thread often but he hasnt reg. Big ups to all u guyz here.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by LoveKing(m): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2011
@Delta007

i want to ask you some questions. drop me a mail on lovemission21@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2011
@ Cindel07: I saw you at the embassy on the 25th, u wer wearing a blue stripped shirt on black pants. U were upset at DHL because they hadn't come to pick your parcel @ d embassy. am i correct?

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.