Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,488 members, 7,901,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:22 AM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (146628 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
Boomark:

What objections please. My confidence will not allow me to miss anything. If i fail, i will learn and gain more confidence in the truth. Some of Jw's doctrines can shut you up any day any time. By the way how many Gods do you have? We we were LEARNING about angel Michael you ran away. Don't disturb me about it.

Don't be supercillious. You should rather say that your pride will not allow you to miss anything. Your confidence in those erroneous "Awake" magazines is what is shutting you up from the truth. And thanks for confirming that you don't believe in the deity of Christ but don't come here to deceive us that you believe in Jesus Christ who you don't even know.

"Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them" (Romans 1:32).

Boomark:

Good. And I am blessed along with Abraham.

If you are truly blessed along with Abraham then do what Abraham did to receive the blessing.

Boomark:

You an unfaithful follower of Abraham. After paying your tithe 10%, give the remaining 90% to those who are with you(ie the poor, for it is written that they will continue to be with you) and keep nothing for yourself. That is the way Abraham expressed his faithfulness to giving. Am not comfortable that you are dodging the remaining 90 percent.

This is why I said you shouldn't be a mountebank. You want to partake in my 90% just as Judas Iscariot wasn't comfortable with how the woman gave her most expensive treasure in washing Jesus' feet, he would rather she used it on the poor, just as you mountebanks are gagging for here.

"Then said one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, 'Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?' This he said not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein" (John 12:4-6).

Boomark:

You just revealed you English name. Leave the disciples out of this cos you are not following them. I need that your 90 percent.

Why didn't you come out straight that it was my 90% you wanted, Mr. alligator?

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2013
Boomark:

He helped you define your person. Thank him Jor.

Don't be pollrumptious. Oya, ask your oga enigma to check his dictionary and tell you what it means. cool
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 1:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:
Tithe means a tenth of one's income, it means 10%. Anything beyond that is no more a tithe but an offering. The poor widow and the disciples gave their 100% when it was necessary.

@the bolded.

Finally, a very profound truth from all the mesh.

God's Tithe is always 10%. No more, No less. Anything contrary to this is simply offering or better put collections. So those who say Rockefeller and the caterpillar magnate gave 90% tithe show their ignorance of the bible because tithe is strictly 10%. If you give less or more, and call it tithe, be rest assured you're no different from the fellow that simply gave money to any good cause and you will be no different from a law breaker since you claim to follow a laid down law. James 2:10.

Also, just like the pharisees of Matt 23:23 who were very meticulous in their calculation of tithe, if you must obey that verse, you must ensure your calculation is precise otherwise, you're worse than the pharisee.

After all said and done, with the above restrictions, its obvious there are NO FAITHFUL TITHERS today. All we have are givers, only some have yoked themselves to a self righteous percentage with which they can glory.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
Matthew 23:23
Amplified Bible (AMP)

23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, pretenders (hypocrites)! For you give a tenth of your mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected and omitted the weightier (more important) matters of the Law—right and justice and mercy and fidelity. These you ought [particularly] to have done, without neglecting the others.

The more I stay closer to God's word, the more the Lord, through the Spirit open my understanding. From this verse, that we've been saying - it was the scribes and pharisees that are tithing. I 'believe' these scribes and pharisees are group that had emerged between the inter-testament and 'might' have been the 'priests who are with the Levites' and were commanded to pay 'tithe of tithes'. Their attitude from the days of Malachi 'must have' continued through the inter-testament bible days until the days of Christ. Hence, Christ repeating the same line of rebuke as it was in the days of Malachi.

I have not investigated what I said above ^ though but I will.

That said, it is the same 'scribes and pharisee' spirit and pretending attitude we see all over any tithe debate or teachings - that is, group of people who hold onto one side of the law but neglecting the others. This is the major problem of the law, and Jesus included that in his rebuke. You can't pick one matter of the law and neglect the other. When you question tithing according to the law, our other brethren kindly run to Abraham tithing in which Abraham wasn't even obeying any commandment to tithe and continue to tithe from month to month.

If you're going to tithe, do not neglect justice, justification through the law of moses; do not neglect mercy through the law, do not animal sacrifice as other parts of the law - the law is a wholesome package.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
Candour:

@the bolded.

Finally, a very profound truth from all the mesh.

God's Tithe is always 10%. No more, No less. Anything contrary to this is simply offering or better put collections. So those who say Rockefeller and the caterpillar magnate gave 90% tithe show their ignorance of the bible because tithe is strictly 10%. If you give less or more, and call it tithe, be rest assured you're no different from the fellow that simply gave money to any good cause and you will be no different from a law breaker since you claim to follow a laid down law. James 2:10.

What is the topic of this thread? You are now realising that you anti tithers had been barking up the wrong tree all along. Tithes and offerings are both forms of giving. If you give less than 10% you cannot consider that as a tithe as tithe is a tenth of what you possess. Anything above 10% is your offerings. True believers honour God with their substance as we can see in Proverbs 3:9

"Honour the Lord with your substance, and with the firstfruits of all your increase: So shall your barns be filled with plenty, and your presses shall burst out with new wine" (Proverbs 3:9-10).

Candour:

Also, just like the pharisees of Matt 23:23 who were very meticulous in their calculation of tithe, if you must obey that verse, you must ensure your calculation is precise otherwise, you're worse than the pharisee.

You cannot say no, Lord and still claim to have Him as your Lord, they are both mutually exclusive. It's either you believe what He said here or say that it doesn't apply to you. You cannot serve God and Mammon.

Candour:

After all said and done, with the above restrictions, its obvious there are NO FAITHFUL TITHERS today. All we have are givers, only some have yoked themselves to a self righteous percentage with which they can glory.

Speak for yourself Mr. anti tither. Paul strongly suggested percentage giving in the verse below:

"Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God has prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come" (1 Corinthians 16:1-2).
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Speak for yourself Mr. anti tither. [size=15pt]Paul strongly suggested percentage giving in the verse below:[/size]

"Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God has prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come" (1 Corinthians 16:1-2).

Today, I believe and confirm you're one of the people confused by KJV English. cheesy

1 Corinthians 16:1-2
Amplified Bible (AMP)

16 Now concerning the money contributed for [the relief of] the saints (God’s people): you are to do the same as I directed the churches of Galatia to do. 2 On the first [day] of each week, let each one of you [personally] put aside something and save it up as he has prospered [in proportion to what he is given], so that no collections will need to be taken after I come.

Even a common man with good English language can tell (from the context) that word 'store' is to put something aside without 'concordance' or other translations.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

What is the topic of this thread? You are now realising that you anti tithers had been barking up the wrong tree all along. Tithes and offerings are both forms of giving. If you give less than 10% you cannot consider that as a tithe as tithe is a tenth of what you possess. Anything above 10% is your offerings. True believers honour God with their substance as we can see in Proverbs 3:9

"Honour the Lord with your substance, and with the firstfruits of all your increase: So shall your barns be filled with plenty, and your presses shall burst out with new wine" (Proverbs 3:9-10).

So the widow who gave all is still guilty of not tithing right? Since she only gave an offering, NOT TITHE As also the new converts of Acts 2 must be guilty too.

So if I give 25%, I'm still guilty of not giving that special 10% right?

Also, look for another verse. That one you quoted says nothing about your 10% bro.

Meanwhile remember that argument had always being about a specific 10%, IT HAS NEVER BEEN ABOUT GIVING

You cannot say no, Lord and still claim to have Him as your Lord, they are both mutually exclusive. It's either you believe what He said here or say that it doesn't apply to you. You cannot serve God and Mammon.

Exactly! So ensure you obey that injunction to the pharisees to the letter. You said Christ asked you to tithe just like he upheld the tithe practice of the Pharisees. So you'll be guilty of falling short of the required tithe if you have anything short or more than 10%.

Ensure you don't fall short. If you do, you break the law. Remember James 2:10

Speak for yourself Mr. anti tither. Paul strongly suggested percentage giving in the verse below:

Mr Meticulous tither, how much is the percentage recommended by Paul in that verse? Kindly point it out if you see it. Pls try not to squeeze any lies into that verse. It won't paint you in a good light pls

You typed the verse out, so pls point it out so we all see it.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Goshen360: Matthew 23:23
Amplified Bible (AMP)

23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, pretenders (hypocrites)! For you give a tenth of your mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected and omitted the weightier (more important) matters of the Law—right and justice and mercy and fidelity. These you ought [particularly] to have done, without neglecting the others.

The more I stay closer to God's word, the more the Lord, through the Spirit open my understanding. From this verse, that we've been saying - it was the scribes and pharisees that are tithing. I 'believe' these scribes and pharisees are group that had emerged between the inter-testament and 'might' have been the 'priests who are with the Levites' and were commanded to pay 'tithe of tithes'. Their attitude from the days of Malachi 'must have' continued through the inter-testament bible days until the days of Christ. Hence, Christ repeating the same line of rebuke as it was in the days of Malachi.

That said, it is the same 'scribes and pharisee' spirit and pretending attitude we see all over any tithe debate or teachings - that is, group of people who hold onto one side of the law but neglecting the others. This is the major problem of the law, and Jesus included that in his rebuke. You can't pick one matter of the law and neglect the other. When you question tithing according to the law, our other brethren kindly run to Abraham tithing in which Abraham wasn't even obeying any commandment to tithe and continue to tithe from month to month.

If you're going to tithe, do not neglect justice, justification through the law of moses; do not neglect mercy through the law, do not animal sacrifice as other parts of the law - the law is a wholesome package.
The thing is, according to St. Paul's first epistle to Timothy, chapter 1, verses 8-10, the Apostle tells Timothy that the Law is made for those who "teach contrary to sound doctrine."

Those who teach that God requires a monetary tithe teach contrary to sound doctrine. Therefore, the Law is made for them. And, as you so rightly pointed out, they are bound by the Mosaic and Levitic Law... they must continue in all things written in the Law to do them (Gal 3:10) or be under a curse.

And you are correct in identifying their imitation of the scribes and Pharisees in their self-righteous attitudes. They look down on people like you or me who do not bow to their monetary tithe doctrine, accusing us of not knowing Christ.

Christ has not just redeemed His from the curse of the Law, but He has declared that those who are His are not to be put under the yoke of the Law. We need not fear the self-righteous condescending barbs from the mouths of the monetary tithe doctrine crowd. They have their reward, and will be judged according to the Law according to the Word of God.

When their words are compared to Scripture, they are found to be weighed in the balance and wanting.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
Goshen360:

Today, I believe and confirm you're one of the people confused by KJV English. cheesy

Amplified Bible (AMP)

16 Now concerning the money contributed for [the relief of] the saints (God’s people): you are to do the same as I directed the churches of Galatia to do. 2 On the first [day] of each week, let each one of you [personally] put aside something and save it up as he has prospered [in proportion to what he is given], so that no collections will need to be taken after I come.

Even a common man with good English language can tell (from the context) that word 'store' is to put something aside without 'concordance' or other translations.
Also, that "collection in 1 Corinthians 16 is not speaking of tithes, but rather, a collection... a love offering. It was to be sent to Jerusalem. It was not to be hoarded by that local Church in Corinth. It was not to pay debts within the Corinthian congregation. It was not to pay the pastor of the Corinthian congregation. It was not to support a single member of the Church at Corinth.

1 Corinthians 16:1-4 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem. And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
Goshen360:

Matthew 23:23
Amplified Bible (AMP)

Why don't you do your investigation before you start to spill your erroneous assumptions here?

Goshen360:

The Strawman's argument again. Who said you should tithe according to the law? Those who have Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour are under the Abrahamic covenant and follow the steps of father Abraham.

Goshen360:

Abraham tithed not because of the Mosaic law but out of the Law that was written in his heart. He tithed instinctively without any pastor's sermon and this was 430 years before the Mosaic law was given.

"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promise made, He said not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to your seed, which is Christ. And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise" (Galatians 3:16-18).

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
Goshen360:

Amplified Bible (AMP)

So you are now admitting that money was used as offering, no? And what does proportion mean if not in percentage, Mr. Mountebank?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

Also, that "collection in 1 Corinthians 16 is not speaking of tithes, but rather, a collection... a love offering. It was to be sent to Jerusalem. It was not to be hoarded by that local Church in Corinth. It was not to pay debts within the Corinthian congregation. It was not to pay the pastor of the Corinthian congregation. It was not to support a single member of the Church at Corinth.

1 Corinthians 16:1-4 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem. And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me.

Do you also admit that it was offering that was collected if not tithes?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
The word "prospered" in the KJV is translated from the Greek word "euodoo".

Many mistake to to mean proportions, or percentages. In reality, it does not.

The verse is speaking of giving because God has prospered the giver. Has nothing whatsoever to do with tithing. It was a collection, a love offering, for the saints in Jerusalem, nothing more.

Strong's Greek Dictionary
2137. euodoo
Search for G2137 in KJVSL
euodow euodoo yoo-od-o'-o
from a compound of 2095 and 3598; to help on the road, i.e. (passively) succeed in reaching; figuratively, to succeed in business affairs:--(have a) prosper(-ous journey).

See Greek 2095
See Greek 3598

Also notice in the text that we are not told what the contents of the "collection" is. It could be money, it could be clothing, it could be food. We are not told.

It might have been money, given the great distance from Corinth to Jerusalem. Money would be the lightest gift to carry. But we don't know for sure the contents. Only that it was a collection and not tithes.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
Enigma:

Ah, many thanks for that word "mountebank"!

One definition of "mountebank":

"Noun

1. A person who deceives others, esp. in order to trick them out of their money; a charlatan.
2. A person who sold patent medicines in public places.

Synonyms
charlatan - quack - impostor
"

Nuff said! smiley

This actually adequately defines olaadegbu and other tithe merchants smiley

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 12, 2013
These folks don't acknowledge God in ALL their ways,why bother replying them?

It is high time we leave them in their delusions and channel our energies into something productive.

One thing about satan is that if he is ignored long enough,he always tuck his tail like a puppy and runs along to come back later if he sees another light/revelation Christ gives His church. cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

The word "prospered" in the KJV is translated from the Greek word "euodoo".

Many mistake to to mean proportions, or percentages. In reality, it does not.

The verse is speaking of giving because God has prospered the giver. Has nothing whatsoever to do with tithing. It was a collection, a love offering, for the saints in Jerusalem, nothing more.

Strong's Greek Dictionary
2137. euodoo
Search for G2137 in KJVSL
euodow euodoo yoo-od-o'-o
from a compound of 2095 and 3598; to help on the road, i.e. (passively) succeed in reaching; figuratively, to succeed in business affairs:--(have a) prosper(-ous journey).

See Greek 2095
See Greek 3598

Also notice in the text that we are not told what the contents of the "collection" is. It could be money, it could be clothing, it could be food. We are not told.

It might have been money, given the great distance from Corinth to Jerusalem. Money would be the lightest gift to carry. But we don't know for sure the contents. Only that it was a collection and not tithes.

Are you saying that Goshen your partner in crime is using a false version of the Bible? cheesy

"....O LORD, I pray you, turn the counsel of Ahithophel into foolishness" (2 Samuel 15:31).
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2013
Pastor Kun:

This actually adequately defines olaadegbu and other tithe merchants smiley

Please don't be a rapscallion. You can add that to your vocabulary. wink
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
Time out for some chicken commercial. shocked

OLAADEGBU:

Time for some interlude.

Here is the Magic body control (turn up your sound for better effect). wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_MgqnqYEVA
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

So you are now admitting that money was used as offering, no? And what does proportion mean if not in percentage, Mr. Mountebank?

OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that Goshen your partner in crime is using a false version of the Bible? cheesy

"....O LORD, I pray you, turn the counsel of Ahithophel into foolishness" (2 Samuel 15:31).

Keep on deceiving yourself and being deceived, enough said already. Paul, the Apostle didn't say, "Now concerning OFFERINGS for the saints ... ", he said COLLECTIONS for the saints. Even at that, it was as everyone prospered, not as mandatory as today's tithe. I'm tired of talking back and forth with you. You adding and going beyond what is written.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
Goshen360:

Keep on deceiving yourself and being deceived, enough said already. Paul, the Apostle didn't say, "Now concerning OFFERINGS for the saints ... ", he said COLLECTIONS for the saints. Even at that, it was as everyone prospered, not as mandatory as today's tithe. I'm tired of talking back and forth with you. You adding and going beyond what is written.

Are you also going to deny that Paul called those collections offerings when he brought them to Jerusalem in the verse below? Stop diluting the word of God.

"And after many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings" (Acts 24:17).

Scriptures prove you wrong again as you can see Paul did not only mention percentage giving but also offerings.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Are you also going to deny that Paul called those collections offerings when he brought them to Jerusalem in the verse below? Stop diluting the word of God.

"And after many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings" (Acts 24:17).

Scriptures prove you wrong again as you can see Paul did not only mention percentage giving but also offerings.

You are the one saying Paul meant offering in Corinth, not me. Why don't you replace collections for offering in acts where Paul talking about himself not writing to the church and see how it reads. Do you even understand contextually when you study the word, if at all you do?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

i tot u give offerings to God? Dat scripture u've just quoted says "to my nation."

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 7:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
christemmbassey: i tot u give offerings to God? Dat scripture u've just quoted to my nation.

No, the "my nation" = the church in Ola's study guide which is the Ph.D or AIG. If it's not by those two, it's heresy. cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2013
Goshen360:

You are the one saying Paul meant offering in Corinth, not me. Why don't you replace collections for offering in acts where Paul talking about himself not writing to the church and see how it reads. Do you even understand context when you study the word, if at all you do?
y r u wasting ur time with Ola, d bros undastands only scriptures dat resembles or av remote connection with 1u% of pll salaries n wages, so, bros, forget context, word meanings and rev knowlege, as long as u don't give in to 10% ure agent of satan destine for hell, but if u like, kill, steal, sell humans, do ritual, scaw, involve in witchcraft,love peddle, eat d same plate with mr lucifer etc etc, as long as u bring Ola's 10%, u're d main bros, abi Ola, na lie?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Joagbaje(m): 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
Mark Miwerds: artificers of brass, tentmakers, butchers, bakers, carpenters, stonemasons; these are but a few of the occupations that were in ancient Israel. They were not all farmers, herders and fishermen.

By the way, fisherment were not required to tithe either. Their increase was from the sea.

Every income earners give tithes . Why would God make some people pay and other business men not pay
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
Joagbaje:

Every income earners give tithes . Why would God make some people pay and other business men not pay
Why would He tell the rich young ruler to sell everying, but not Nicodemus?

God told the Israelite farmers and herders they were to support the Levites. Maybe only farmers and herders because He did not want them burdened down with money that could corrupt their ways as the rich young ruler's were.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 7:31am On Oct 13, 2013
Joagbaje:

Bros stop going beyond what is written, the bible never said every income earner tithes. If you are not satisfied with that direct you queries to God and don't help him by twisting his word to suit your greed.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Boomark(m): 9:16am On Oct 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be supercillious. You should rather say that your pride will not allow you to miss anything. Your confidence in those erroneous "Awake" magazines is what is shutting you up from the truth. And thanks for confirming that you don't believe in the deity of Christ but don't come here to deceive us that you believe in Jesus Christ who you don't even know.

"Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them" (Romans 1:32).

If you are truly blessed along with Abraham then do what Abraham did to receive the blessing.

This is why I said you shouldn't be a mountebank. You want to partake in my 90% just as Judas Iscariot wasn't comfortable with how the woman gave her most expensive treasure in washing Jesus' feet, he would rather she used it on the poor, just as you mountebanks are gagging for here.

"Then said one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, 'Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?' This he said not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein" (John 12:4-6).

Why didn't you come out straight that it was my 90% you wanted, Mr. alligator?

I know you will always hold unto things that are irrelevant. I simply asked for the objections, but you failed.

Do you actually know what a deity means? Your brothers were busy telling me that there is One God and He is the Only True God, all other Gods are false Gods. And I asked, "Who is the only True God?" they could not answer me as if they don't know the answer. Do you?

Since you don't want to give me that 90% no problem, angry I will get it from Bidam. Whenever you start practicing what Abraham did, then I will listen to you.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
Boomark:

I know you will always hold unto things that are irrelevant. I simply asked for the objections, but you failed.

Do you actually know what a deity means? Your brothers were busy telling me that there is One God and He is the Only True God, all other Gods are false Gods. And I asked, "Who is the only True God?" they could not answer me as if they don't know the answer. Do you?

Since you don't want to give me that 90% no problem, angry I will get it from Bidam. Whenever you start practicing what Abraham did, then I will listen to you.

Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Saviour? How many Lords and Saviours do we have?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
Boomark:

What agreement has sons of God with sons of belial?What concord has sons of Abraham with king of sodom?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Boomark(m): 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
Bidam: What agreement has sons of God with sons of belial?What concord has sons of Abraham with king of sodom?

Give me my 90%. angry Follow the footsteps of Abraham pay me. Our agreement is based on what he gave to Eshcol and co.

I have something on the kingdom principles for you. It is not about storing food you wrote somewhere else.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by truthislight: 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
bokom: Pls read and think of it ...,Pastors are building Empires for themselves.... These Pastors tell us 'law' came by moses, but 'grace' came by Jesus... They pray with the grace of Jesus, and collect money with the law of Moses. They are Christians, but nothing Christ-like about them anymore... Jesus Christ was a just man, who understood the principle of the 'widow's mite', but our today Pastors don't give a shit about widow's mite... The more you give, the more important you're in today's churches, irrespective of wether the money is ill-gotten or not. JUST GIVE!!!! The bible is now a weapon of mass deception... They twist the bible knowing that people are lazy to read. They collect 10% tithe, they collect welfare offering, they collect building offering, regular offering *all from one month's salary etc.... After which they will ask you to make vows and sow seeds at random! Haha!! Why won't they be billionaires?After collection, they build high profile schools, exotic Hotels and Hospitals for Politicians and their children, not caring about people who have been giving their widow's mite. The bible said "give that there may be meat in my store house"... God never said you should keep collecting after you have an overflow.
Otunba Fayo OgunkanmbiBOWEN UNIVERSITY N650,000 persemester, COVENANT UNIVERSITY N640,000 per semester, BENSON IDAHOSA N500,000 per semester, JABU450,000 per semester, BABCOCK UNIVERSITY N450,000 per semester, REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY N450,000 persemester, AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY N350,000 per semester, MADONNA UNIVERSITY 350,000 per semester. ALLOF THESE UNIVERSITIES WERE BUILTFROM TITHES AND OFFERINGS OF THECOMMON PEOPLE WHO NOW CAN'TAFFORD TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN THERE! where is the morals of thechurch going? These schools were all built with the sweats of their church members who kept sowing seeds; special offering seeds, first fruit seed,redemption seed, thanksgiving seed, harvest seed, tithes, pastor's birthday seed, church building seed, evangelism seed, father's day seed, mother's day seed, children' day seed, pastor's cake seed, olive oil seed, etc. These schls are now elite schools, only for the rich politician children. The gainers then use the profits to buy private planes $ jets to fly up high in luxury. While Warren Buffet who has a company that build jets, still fly around on public commercial jet. Meanwhile, their members sleep hungry & d next Sunday, they will read Malachi 3:6-12. If you think this is unfair, like me, please pass on dis msg because this is reality & we should start the change now! May God deliver us.

https://www.nairaland.com/1476356/nigerian-pastors-must-read#1878144

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (141) (Reply)

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / Pastor U. Uden Dennis Arrested Over Sunday Service In Abuja / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.