Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,341 members, 7,888,083 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:55 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (667423 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bogolobango(m): 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thank u very much the problem am having rigthnow i dont stay in nigeria and i left nigeria a couple of yrs ago but i go oftenly and i do meet up thier requirements and you could pls enlighten me once is it adviceable for to come down to dubai since i know muchmore than i because i have a lot of guys complaining, sorry if am disturbing you
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
bogolobango: Thank u very much the problem am having rigthnow i dont stay in nigeria and i left nigeria a couple of yrs ago but i go oftenly and i do meet up thier requirements and you could pls enlighten me once is it adviceable for to come down to dubai since i know muchmore than i because i have a lot of guys complaining, sorry if am disturbing you

To be very candid and sincere with you, that will be a decision you have to make yourself, despite all the drama in the UAE, we still have so many guys doing very well both in their careers and business, what happens to MR.A,B,C might not be applicable to MR X,Y,Z, we all have our different stars/luck & geographical entity to shine anywhere our CREATOR has ordained/planned/programmed for all his creation.

Furthermore, with what l have personally seen here in the UAE,adequate preparation,networking, arriving with enough cash + consult your spirit man if this is where he wants you to be + the GOD FACTOR,are things you need to sit down and ponder over before you jump into the next available flight heading to the UAE.

lastly, l will still encourage you to read backwards if you intend to embark on this trip, it is advisable to take 2 or 3days to read this thread and gather relevant informations, after reading the thread, with all l have just enumerated, you will be in a better position to make an informed decision.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
@ ogapakpata wise word to Bogolobango
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
@namqul........thanks.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hugochris: 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
@ everyone,I need to knw d average cost of feeding in Dubai..anyone with good information,I will b pleased thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
ogakpatakpata: .

Falls twice, faints, falls again from the camel heading to the desert. grin grin grin
Just simply banish me from this thread Ogakpatakpata grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
@hugochris..................feeding will depend on you,your taste,choice of food and your eating habits, we have different kinds of cuisines in the UAE,ranging from North American, Europeans, Asia, Middle Eastern & African menus spread across the Emirates, but, if you desire your Nigerian meals & dishes, be prepared to pay more.

Again, we have different African shops where you can buy whatever you need to cook they are located within palm deira & deira city centre, palm oil is like gold here, it is expensive, and if you choose to eat in a Nigeria restaurant, it is also expensive depending on your appetite, an average plate of food goes for 10AED in some restaurants, but, it is not a fixed price, some places are more expensive than others, if you can, come with some food items from Nigeria to survive with while searching for job.

lastly, do your maths with a minimum of 10AED per plate (morning,afternoon & evening) and use that to factor what you might spend daily if you eat out or what it might cost you if you choose to cook at home and arrive at an average estimate.

Enjoy your day.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
Dr. Dre:

Just simply banish me from this thread Ogakpatakpata grin

Falls again and calls on the ambulance for help....please don't leave this thread, you are highly needed here, your contributions has been invaluable, your comments cracks me up, l can't help but laugh... grin cheesy grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hugochris: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
[ thanks....coming with food items might increase d weight of my load,which might attract more charges

quote author=ogakpatakpata]@hugochris..................feeding will depend on you,your taste,choice of food and your eating habits, we have different kinds of cuisines in the UAE,ranging from North American, Europeans, Asia, Middle Eastern & African menus spread across the Emirates, but, if you desire your Nigerian meals & dishes, be prepared to pay more.

Again, we have different African shops where you can buy whatever you need to cook they are located within palm deira & deira city centre, palm oil is like gold here, it is expensive, and if you choose to eat in a Nigeria restaurant, it is also expensive depending on your appetite, an average plate of food goes for 10AED in some restaurants, but, it is not a fixed price, some places are more expensive than others, if you can, come with some food items from Nigeria to survive with while searching for job.

lastly, do your maths with a minimum of 10AED per plate (morning,afternoon & evening) and use that to factor what you might spend daily if you eat out or what it might cost you if you choose to cook at home and arrive at an average estimate.

Enjoy your day.[/quote]
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
hugochris: [ thanks....coming with food items might increase d weight of my load,which might attract more charges

quote author=ogakpatakpata]@hugochris..................feeding will depend on you,your taste,choice of food and your eating habits, we have different kinds of cuisines in the UAE,ranging from North American, Europeans, Asia, Middle Eastern & African menus spread across the Emirates, but, if you desire your Nigerian meals & dishes, be prepared to pay more.

Enjoy your day.

But you will be entitled to free 30kg baggage allowance on a coral economy class on Etihad airlines, so you can come with minimal quantity, but, if you are coming on either a Diamond or Pearl business class it is 50kg & 40kg respectively.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hugochris: 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
The 30kg is it d maximum for all my luggage?....if it is that's ok by me..
That's means I could come with foodstuff...cos I love gud food

But you will be entitled to free 30kg baggage allowance on a coral economy class on Etihad airlines, so you can come with minimal quantity.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
hugochris: The 30kg is it d maximum for all my luggage?....if it is that's ok by me..
That's means I could come with foodstuff...cos I love gud food

Yes, if it goes beyond that you will pay excess luggage, but, you can weigh them yourself before checking them in to be sure of the correct weight, although, they will also weigh it and if it exceeds the weight they will tell you, so come with some food, it will help you for the first few days on arrival.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hugochris: 9:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thanks man
@least I can come with ur drinks also

uote author=ogakpatakpata].

Yes, if it goes beyond that you will pay excess luggage, but, you can weigh them yourself before checking them in to be sure of the correct weight, although, they will also weigh it and if it exceeds the weight they will tell you, so come with some food, it will help you for the first few days on arrival.[/quote]
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
hugochris: Thanks man
@least I can come with ur drinks also

uote author=ogakpatakpata].

Yes, if it goes beyond that you will pay excess luggage, but, you can weigh them yourself before checking them in to be sure of the correct weight, although, they will also weigh it and if it exceeds the weight they will tell you, so come with some food, it will help you for the first few days on arrival.

grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by PHILINDUKWE: 1:38am On Dec 05, 2013
@oga we still need u,u ar vary important to us no go brake bone as u ar falling up and down + dust from desert u normally visit hmmmmmmmm just laughing
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 3:35am On Dec 05, 2013
Customer Service Executive, UAE - Walk in Interview
Arya Insurance Brokerage Co. (LLC) is an ISO Certified Company celebrating 25 years of operation in the UAE, is looking for smart, young, dynamic & result oriented professionals to join their company in Dubai

Graduate / Postgraduate / Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma holder from CII.

Age between 25 & 45 years of age.

Preference will be given to candidates with experience in general, medical & motor insurance working in a similar field.

Good communication skills in English. Must be exemplary along with a positive & outgoing personality.

A valid UAE driving license and own car are required for all Sales & Business Development positions.

Arabic speaking & previous experience in an insurance brokerage company will be an added advantage.
If you are the right candidate please forward your CV to: hr@aryainsurance.com

Eligible candidates possessing the above credentials may Walk-in for an Interview on 7th December 2013, from 9.00am to 3.00pm at Galadari Plaza Building, Radisson BLU Hotel, 19th Floor (19A & 19G) Deira Creek, Dubai.

Tel: 04-2212838
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 05, 2013
PHILINDUKWE: @oga we still need u,u ar vary important to us no go brake bone as u ar falling up and down + dust from desert u normally visit hmmmmmmmm just laughing

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:13am On Dec 05, 2013
News!!!!!! News!!!!!!! News!!!!!

It is very hard now to get tourist visa if you are below 42years.

It has been temporarily said by the Uae government that a rising number of nigerians that enters the UAE with tourist visa have refused to exit the UAE after thier visa expiration afterwards turning to being TECO I.e CARGO BOYS..

So if you are below 42years and you are single. If you want to obtain a tourist visa you must be accompanied by a parent I.e either your father or Mother must accompany you before you can be granted a tourist visa else it wont be granted.

It is temporary for now because the Uae government has noticed that most single people dont exit after expiration of their visas.

Except if it is direct employment or residence permit then your visa or permit can be issued if you are single.

Thats the news coming from an Emirati (Local) that owns a travel agency here.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 05, 2013
This is why so many guys are finding it hard now to obtain both the tourist & visit visa, but, l sometimes wonder why Etihad, Emirates and other tour agency in the UAE keeps collecting visa fee from applicants and will not let them know that the visa will not be approved, only for such applicants to pay their visa fees, submit their passport & documents and be denied.

l hope they dont extend this more than necessary like it is happening now to citizens of Bangladesh, the UAE government has stopped/suspended visa applications for Bangladesh nationals because of this sharp practices, this will certainly be a sad news for visitors and tourist coming from Nigeria, it might also encourage big time corruption, as brown envelop will be what determines who gets the visa or not, but, on a serious note , the cargo boys in deira are becoming alarming and l am surprised at this development, l know it might get to a point whereby to obtain the UAE visa will be extremely difficult, more especially as the expo 2020 vision has kicked off.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:48am On Dec 05, 2013
ogakpatakpata: This is why so many guys are finding it hard now to obtain both the tourist & visit visa, but, l sometimes wonder why Etihad, Emirates and other tour agency keeps collecting visa fee from applicants and will not let them know that the visa will not be approved, only for such applicants to pay their visa fees, submit their passport & documents and be denied. l hope they dont extend this beyond this just like it is happening now to citizens of Bangladeshi, the UAE government has stopped/suspended visa applications for Bangladeshi nationals because of this sharp practices, this will certainly be a sad news for visitors and tourist coming from Nigeria.

Very sad news indeed, I know of people's tourist visas that have been pending for 1month without being released.

So visa applications from now on will not be accepted if applicants are below 42years and not accompanied by a parent.

Except if you are married then you dont have an issue on this.

I pray they wouldnt treat nigerians same way they are treating Bangladesh people by not issuing them visas even if they want to invite their mum over here its impossible.

So any job a bangladesh is doing presently he can never leave it even if he gets a better offer because the Uae government dont issue them visa at all not even considering the age limit.

So once their contract with a company is finished they go back to their country.

So sad.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 05, 2013
justi4jesu:

Very sad news indeed, I know of people's tourist visas that have been pending for 1month without being released.

So visa applications from now on will not be accepted if applicants are below 42years and not accompanied by a parent.

Except if you are married then you dont have an issue on this.

So sad.

You are very correct, some forumite have called me recently and told me the same issue, some have their applications trapped for the past 1month, l spoke with a senior UAE immigration officer and what he told me was not encouraging, he said before the Expo 2020, they will flush out illegal immigrants and guess the country on the number 1 list, he said Nigeria, followed by bangladesh, Indians and all South East Asian countries.

Again,He said the 7emirates will tighten the borders and they might introduce an American system whereby you are physically interviewed before you are granted visa, but, he also added that those of us already working or doing business here in the UAE will not have any problem. This is very sad and unfortunate.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 7:11am On Dec 05, 2013

You are very correct, some forumite have called me recently and told me the same issue, some have their applications trapped for the past 1month, l spoke with a senior UAE immigration officer and what he told me was not encouraging, he said before the Expo 2020, they will flush out illegal immigrants and guess the country on the number 1 list, he said Nigeria, followed by bangladesh, Indians and all South East Asian countries. He said the 7emirates will tighten the borders and they might introduce an American system whereby you are physically interviewed before you are granted visa, but, he also added that those of us already working or doing business here in the UAE will not have any problem. This is very sad and unfortunate.

Yes the same thing the Local said that if its residence permit or direct Employment then they have no issue with it but they want to discourage and end the issue of illegal nigerians living here in the Uae.

So I would advice anyone luckily to have made it here in search for a job should do your search well in order not to go back without a job and be disadvantaged to make it here again because I dont see how many single persons would be willing to spend huge amount of money to bring himself and a parent all in the name of visiting the Uae for 2weeks or 1month.

Some persons find it hard to sponsor themselves talk more of sponsoring themselves and a parent.

Its absurd.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by khalid02: 7:15am On Dec 05, 2013
I thk God o, my employment visa was sent yesterday and the ticket but It surprised me when I see the ticket with the visa but my agent told me that its just visa then but he said when the visa is ready I must sent ticket money to him to help me buy the ticket but I disagreed with him that I will not send kobo to him from the information I got here when I asked question abt error on visa, later he now told me that the company will provide tthe ticket for me. My fear now is that how the agreement will not change when I get to dubai nextwkI to sign offer letter from what I heard from forumite here that they would not stick to agreement
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 05, 2013
khalid02: I thk God o, my employment visa was sent yesterday and the ticket but It surprised me when I see the ticket with the visa but my agent told me that its just visa then but he said when the visa is ready I must sent ticket money to him to help me buy the ticket but I disagreed with him that I will not send kobo to him from the information I got here when I asked question abt error on visa, later he now told me that the company will provide tthe ticket for me. My fear now is that how the agreement will not change when I get to dubai nextwkI to sign offer letter from what I heard from forumite here that they would not stick to agreement

That will be between you and your agent to decide, l wont be able to hazard a guess as regard how much they might pay you,but, l know it might not be an "" Eldorado "' for you, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 05, 2013
justi4jesu:

Yes the same thing the Local said that if its residence permit or direct Employment then they have no issue with it but they want to discourage and end the issue of illegal nigerians living here in the Uae.

So I would advice anyone luckily to have made it here in search for a job should do your search well in order not to go back without a job and be disadvantaged to make it here again because I dont see how many single persons would be willing to spend huge amount of money to bring himself and a parent all in the name of visiting the Uae for 2weeks or 1month.

Some persons find it hard to sponsor themselves talk more of sponsoring themselves and a parent.

Its absurd.

From what the UAE senior immigration officer shared with me, if they implement it, then there will be serious problem for illegal immigrants, he also told me that they sometimes dress in mufti and mingle with people in Deira, he said, all the illegal businesses been conducted by males and females in Deira, passport racketeering , has been documented and that they will sanitize the UAE for the good of those who are here for legitimate business. This will make the fee for the direct employment visa and the personal residence very expensive.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 7:37am On Dec 05, 2013
justi4jesu:

Its absurd.
Pls what u ppl r saying is that they don't approve visas anymore. Does it mean that I can't get the visa again?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by uchman(m): 7:46am On Dec 05, 2013
Uae!?. The one and only hope for homeboys to live and work outside Nigeria? Abeg, they should stop that joke...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 7:46am On Dec 05, 2013
This is d worse news I be heard since this year
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:06am On Dec 05, 2013
nattybanta:
Pls what u ppl r saying is that they don't approve visas anymore. Does it mean that I can't get the visa again?

Yes they dont and for the ones that have already applied before this action taken by the UAE government, they should be very prayerful for their visas to be granted else there is nothing anyone can do about it because it is one of the UAE government rule that it is their right to either grant or deny an applicant on tourist or visit visa.

So just pray.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:10am On Dec 05, 2013
uchman: Uae!?. The one and only hope for homeboys to live and work outside Nigeria? Abeg, they should stop that joke...

Seriously people are very sad to hear this. The easiest visa one could obtain without stress and interviews..Now you have to be above 42years before you might be granted a tourist or visit visa.

Let us hope they wont make it permanent but just to flush out those illegal residents here.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:10am On Dec 05, 2013
nattybanta: This is d worse news I be heard since this year

Sorry its really sad.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 05, 2013
justi4jesu:

Seriously people are very sad to hear this. The easiest visa one could obtain without stress and interviews..Now you have to be above 42years before you might be granted a tourist or visit visa.

Let us hope they wont make it permanent but just to flush out those illegal residents here.

l think it may not be permanent,but, it will be an on-going clean up process, come to think of it, hope you see all the happenings within Deira amongst so many illegal immigrants that cut across different ethnic nationalities, and the worst part is when you see ladies displaying their wares openly in an Arab nation, no responsible government will allow that to continue, they are determine to make it hard for people to enter the UAE...l also heard that the management of Etihad & Emirate airlines, different tour agencies where all summoned in a close door meeting with government officials to implement serious screening of visa applicants from different countries, so they really mean business.

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.