Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,390 members, 7,888,260 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:22 PM

Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (61613 Views)

Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by SELFWORTH: 11:26pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mum Z :

R u well? Wat hs her mum gt 2 do wit dis? U must b living in a zoo or else u won't jst open ur gutter 2 pour insults jst cos u av access 2 d internet. Stone age pikin.

He is living in DARKNESS !

proverbs 20:20 If one curses his father or his mother, his lamp will be put out [size=18pt]in utter darkness[/size]
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by RedLight1: 11:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

There is a lot of begging going on now.... Keshi will probably stay eventually. He is in the driver's seat.

jmay be its time for keshi to speak out and we flush the corruption in nff out once and for all .... then have people like oliseh, okocha etc to run our football and not some pdp members

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 11:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

There is a lot of begging going on now.... Keshi will probably stay eventually. He is in the driver's seat.

If I was him, the only way I would stay is under 2 terms and conditions:

1) No NFF senior official must be at the Presidential reception (otherwise I would not show up)

2) Secondly, the NFF boss must make a public on-TV-air apology to me.

If they cannot do that, then they should fck off!

They should not be allowed to take ANY glory for this success.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Gpattern(m): 11:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
Let his letter be accepted... because we won the AFCON does not mean that Keshi had done a great Job with the team. He is still tactically not sound and men, make we meet Spain and others for confederation cup first before we go know say he good or not.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 11:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
Sagamite:

If I was him, the only way I would stay is under 2 terms and conditions:

1) No NFF senior official must be at the Presidential reception (otherwise I would not show up)

2) Secondly, the NFF boss must make a public on-TV-air apology to me.

They should not be allowed to take ANY glory for this success.

That would build too much bad blood.... This is already a huge embarrassment for the NFF. They will be waiting for any failure to pounce.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 11:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
tbaba1234: The reason westerhof lasted for that long was because he had a direct line to the presidency. The then NFA didn't joke with him.

Why was Amodu fired?? He fulfilled his part of the bargain twice and still got the boot....

The work environment has to be conducive. Preparing sack letters and booking return tickets only says to the coach that he is walking on very thin Ice. No one wants to work like that.

That said, i expect Keshi to stay because the presidency will intervene.

Imagine!

Fcking imagine!

And some fucktards on NL were supporting it then. The same fucktards that would have called for the sacking of Keshi if he had not won the cup but are now screaming his praise.

Someone saved us and qualified us for WC fcking TWICE and we reward him both times by hiring someone else to take us to WC to fail both times.

Sick reetarded country!

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 11:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

That would build too much bad blood.... This is already a huge embarrassment for the NFF. They will be waiting for any failure to pounce.

Saga likes blood!

There is nothing that thrills me more than fighting with fucktards.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by ypzilanti: 11:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
Gej steps out to make a public speech and pauses when he sees the strange looks on audience faces.

GEJ: (whispering to Abati) Why are they all looking at me like that?

Abati: It's a strange day, Sir: The Pope resigned suddenly...also Stephen Keshi suddenly resigned.

GEJ: So what has that got to do with me? Is that why they are staring at me?

Abati: They are hoping, Sir...they are just hoping... grin

6 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by gbengaolabode: 11:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
Baba keshi pls go home and enjy ur money my broda I beg udo

nt distb ur life again Tuale.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 11:35pm On Feb 11, 2013
Gpattern: Let his letter be accepted... because we won the AFCON does not mean that Keshi had done a great Job with the team. He is still tactically not sound and men, make we meet Spain and others for confederation cup first before we go know say he good or not.

Are you kidding me??

What do you know about tactics

When last did the National team win a trophy with all the tactically sound coaches we have had??

We have had teams with obviously more talent fail to conquer Africa time and time again, Keshi took a bunch of rookies and brought the cup home.

Please show some respect..

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Skywalker5(m): 11:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
ypzilanti: Gej steps out to make a public speech and pauses when he sees the strange looks on audience faces.

GEJ: (whispering to Abati) Why are they all looking at me like that?

Abati: It's a strange day, Sir: The Pope resigned suddenly...also Stephen Keshi suddenly resigned.

GEJ: So what has that got to do with me? Is that why they are staring at me?

Abati: They are hoping, Sir...they are just hoping... grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by litgirl22: 11:38pm On Feb 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

Are you kidding me??

What do you know about tactics

When last did the National team win a trophy with all the tactically sound coaches we have had??

We have had teams with obviously more talent fail to conquer Africa time and time again, Keshi took a bunch of rookies and brought the cup home.

Please show some respect..

This is also why I said the people and fans of Burkina Faso deserve the AFCON cup waaaaaaaaaaay more than we do.

Nigeria has a piss poor record of rewarding its national heroes.

God was asleep yesterday (sorry TB Joshua). undecided
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Christo724(m): 11:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
My pple make una no mind him, na shakara olode! May be he needs additional package.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 11:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
davies123:
Sometimes let's be reasonable when posting msges...Keshi performance in d group stages of AFCON was horrible,nigerians has every reason to complain n to be disastified...talking abt NFF corrupt as they maybe they r still Keshi's employer and dey hv a right to ask questions if he is not delivering cos they will take d direct heat from nigerians if eagles fails...I understand where Keshi is coming from but I also think he is overreacting n he was ctually talkin too much b4 d finals which wasn't a mature thing to do...let him not allow dis success to get into his head cos it will be very difficult to replicate dis success with another african team

Cut the fcking crap!

What was horrible?

If you know nothing about football, shut up!
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by PENMIGHT(m): 11:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
How can a coach be 'sacked' and later 'resigned'. If he was sacked,while wait? If he feels like resigning ,while wait to be sacked first? Can't we smell rat here. I believe both parties are just like acting drama on African Magic. Nigerian films MUST have flashbacks or dreams. The whole conspiracy theory and behind-the-scene events will be unravelled at the End. 'After prolonged talked at the Glass House and Intervention by well meaning Nigerians,Keshi has been persuaded to stay with a veiw to upwardly reveiew his contract terms'- TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOR THE SUCESS OF THIS FILM(no-this bussiness). Produced and Marketted by Peterside Idah,42 EDIDI LANE,IDUMOTA,ABUJA'.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 11:45pm On Feb 11, 2013
^ The sack was already prepared for him after the first two games.... He disappointed them by winning the Trophy.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 11:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
It is worse than i thought, from the report below, they were already interviewing Europeans to take his place.

Former Nigeria official reveals reasons behind Keshi exit

The Super Eagles boss resigned just one day after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, following the alleged conduct of his superiors

Stephen Keshi quit his post as Nigeria coach because the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) booked flights home after being drawn with Cote d'Ivoire in the quarter-finals, according to a former official of the national side.

The Super Eagles boss made the stunning decision to resign on Monday, just one day after winning the Africa Cup of Nations following a 1-0 win over Burkina Faso, citing that he was "doing the right thing".

Reports also suggested the NFF attempted to sack Keshi prior to their quarter-final clash with the Elephants and had interviewed several European candidates to take his place.

Indeed the former Mali and Togo trainer hit out at the practice of African nations employing coaches from other continents at his pre-quarter-final press conference.

And now the nation's former public relations officer, Idah Peterside, has claimed the conduct of senior officials was at the root of his decision.

“Keshi only heard the NFF had given the secretary money for return tickets before the Ivory Coast game,
after they had won the game," he wrote on Twitter.

The 51-year-old coach told Goal.com before the final that he would "pack his bags and leave" if he felt he was not wanted.

But after going through with his threat the tale has taken another twist, with Nigeria sports minister Bolaji Abdullahi claiming NFF president Aminu Maigari had not received a letter of resignation.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/02/11/3744718/former-nigeria-official-reveals-reasons-behind-keshi-exit?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by luluosas(m): 11:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
Oh my God! After leading Nigeria to Glory? Anyway, he now have bargaining power on his side and I wish him good luck in his future endeavors.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by vislabraye(m): 11:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
God is just good to Keshi. I'm happy for him. I surprised uis all.
Now is the time to resign and go to Qatar to make oil money grin.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by luluosas(m): 11:56pm On Feb 11, 2013
tbaba1234: It is worse than i thought, from the report below, they were already interviewing Europeans to take his place.

The Super Eagles boss resigned just one day after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, following the alleged conduct of his superiors

Stephen Keshi quit his post as Nigeria coach because the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) booked flights home after being drawn with Cote d'Ivoire in the quarter-finals, according to a former official of the national side.

The Super Eagles boss made the stunning decision to resign on Monday, just one day after winning the Africa Cup of Nations following a 1-0 win over Burkina Faso, citing that he was "doing the right thing".

Reports also suggested the NFF attempted to sack Keshi prior to their quarter-final clash with the Elephants and had interviewed several European candidates to take his place.

Indeed the former Mali and Togo trainer hit out at the practice of African nations employing coaches from other continents at his pre-quarter-final press conference.

And now the nation's former public relations officer, Idah Peterside, has claimed the conduct of senior officials was at the root of his decision.

“Keshi only heard the NFF had given the secretary money for return tickets before the Ivory Coast game,

The 51-year-old coach told Goal.com before the final that he would "pack his bags and leave" if he felt he was not wanted.

But after going through with his threat the tale has taken another twist, with Nigeria sports minister Bolaji Abdullahi claiming NFF president Aminu Maigari had not received a letter of resignation.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/02/11/3744718/former-nigeria-official-reveals-reasons-behind-keshi-exit?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Ask me how we go progress as a nation with this wicked mind in us! NFF should be disbanded now.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by walelamina: 11:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
Keshi no even chill till dem reach home, I support his move tho,bomb dey nff head ni
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by JOYCEOUS(f): 11:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
Red-Light:
keep exposin ur stupidity .... how is nff diferent from other football association in the world .... if a coach is not doing the right thing and the fanz want him sacked .. is it not the duty of football association to do what d fanz want .... afterall its not that its nff that sacked him rightnow ... he resigned ( so should the whole nation start postrating for him not to resign?) and who told u he is not a national hero? ... why am i even lecturing this stupiid gaynaian that knew next to nothing about football except banku and juju ? undecided
LOL!
Red-Light is @ it again!!!
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by RedLight1: 12:01am On Feb 12, 2013
JOYCEOUS:
LOL!
Red-Light is @ it again!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 12:01am On Feb 12, 2013
tbaba1234: It is worse than i thought, from the report below, they were already interviewing Europeans to take his place.

I change my terms and conditions:

2) Secondly, I will only rescind my resignation if the NFF boss himself resigns (Nigeria has to decide if they want me or him).

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by peruso: 12:01am On Feb 12, 2013
why is this thread this long?
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:07am On Feb 12, 2013
grafikii: This is unbelievable, only in Nigeria. People like oliseh should be running our football, not the animals in the nff. Like nff, like pdp, like gej. So many of this animals should be sacked, the nff should be dissolved. These nonsense has to stop. I loved this country yesterday, but am back to hate mode.

FIFA is an epitome of corruption, i see no difference between their actions and that of NFF. Same bunch of ...

makaveli1:
Haha I pray GEJ gives us a reason to beg him to re-contest before the end of next year just like keshi has given us one

Keep dreaming... Reminds me of the lyric from the plantation boiz song "my father used to tell me that dreams come true"
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by montelik(m): 12:10am On Feb 12, 2013
Well done Keshi. NFF and the majority of our fans & press are very fickle and ruled by sentiment/bias. If they can't give you what you want, then better to leave than let them use and throw you away.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 12:14am On Feb 12, 2013
Sagamite:

So fcking well said!

That is why this Keshi is a GENIUS!

I was wondering how can a man sit down and be smiling, laughing and rejoicing with the incompetent fucktards that would have sacked him if he had lost to CIV, and then the man shocked me by doing this.

Kai! I love this guy. GENIUS!

He has a "white man's brain", unlike some other local Nigerian coaches we have around. he's not called "big boss for nothing". been our coach for 18 months now and has been earning 5 milla per month, so resigning is not a loss to him.

got $200k from Adenuga and host of other monies here and there. the man obviously knows his worth!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? / Croatia Sacks Coach, Vukojevic Ahead Of England Semi-final Clash / Ndidi Carries Both Musa And Iheanacho On His Back During Training (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.