Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (61565 Views)

Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tonididdy(m): 12:17am On Feb 12, 2013
nff is to roman abramovich, as keshi is to di matteo...u're never too important
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by hassey(m): 12:18am On Feb 12, 2013
ochukoccna: I RESPECT KESHI FOR THIS MOVE
Even before we played Ivory Coast, it was been openly discussed on Tv & radio that Nigeria was going to get a foreign coach to replace him
NFF and the impatient 9ja football fans are the TRUE ENEMIES of football in this country
So many celebrating now hid their daggers to kill him should he fail
Good move BIG BOSS
is ppl like u nairaland need for contributions like ppl dat often read post from d back. U hit d points man. I suport keshi cus so many were against him right from d momnet he drop osaze and s likes of matins
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by aribisala0(m): 12:18am On Feb 12, 2013
what the fucck is a "white man's brain"
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 12:30am On Feb 12, 2013
Latest: #Nigeria coach Keshi, capt Yobo & top officials locked in an emergency meeting in Joburg at the moment, according to BBC's Okeleji
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 12:34am On Feb 12, 2013
Oluwashina Okeleji ‏@oluwashina
Interviewed Keshi for the BBC earlier. Highlighted betrayal, lack of support & trust on NFF's part: "Y'd U buy return tickets b4 QF match."

https://twitter.com/oluwashina
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by sweetgala(m): 12:41am On Feb 12, 2013
Keshi is smart he has all the high cards and he is playing is hand rather well.
To be most sincere he was written off before we got going. He also has a very relaxed persona.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by chukkynwob(m): 12:53am On Feb 12, 2013
Arsenate: Some people are truly retarded. Why insult an entire ethnic group just because Keshi resigns? Seriously that's just sick and it doesn't make any sense at all.

I am Ibo and it is appalling to assume insult an entire ethnic group, even though most Nigerians called for Keshi's head including Ibos.

Good move!!! Remember always resign like a boss
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 12:54am On Feb 12, 2013
aribisala0: what the fucck is a "white man's brain"

He meant mentality.

Basically professionalism, high standards and not settling for less.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by 2legit2qwt: 12:58am On Feb 12, 2013
Why is this only on Nairaland and not any reputable news source

Nigeria coach confident of Confederations Cup challenge- BBC
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Wadosky(m): 12:59am On Feb 12, 2013
In all ,no man is indispensable.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by aribisala0(m): 1:01am On Feb 12, 2013
Sagamite:

He meant mentality.

Basically professionalism, high standards and not settling for less.

I wonder how you know what he meant?

And that is a white man's mentality? Really?
There are no sloppy unprofessional white men with low standards or the converse among black people or when that occurs among black it is aberrant and therefore "white"

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by 2legit2qwt: 1:01am On Feb 12, 2013
Oh well, ESPN says it's true

Damn NFA, just like the government - ESPN tongue
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Biggyd2: 1:03am On Feb 12, 2013
Please what business does goverment have managing football in this country? Keshi was an insider and must have reasons to resign when the ovation was loudest. I wish him the best.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by ignis: 1:07am On Feb 12, 2013
Desdola: I need sources to believe this news
Continue waiting for sources.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by saintmartins: 1:07am On Feb 12, 2013
Naijalane: Hmmm, naija things nawao. Sunday Mba, Victor Moses, Emenike etc oya make una retire too. Pride go kill una. because you people won simple AFCON thats why we no go hear word. Na salary increase wey he want, i tell you. Keshi no go retire
think before u talk
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by ignis: 1:08am On Feb 12, 2013
mmmustapha: Wetin concern me We hav already won d cup, he can go to hell
No plans for next cup?
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 12, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: How can a coach be 'sacked' and later 'resigned'. If he was sacked,while wait? If he feels like resigning ,while wait to be sacked first? Can't we smell rat here. I believe both parties are just like acting drama on African Magic. Nigerian films MUST have flashbacks or dreams. The whole conspiracy theory and behind-the-scene events will be unravelled at the End. 'After prolonged talked at the Glass House and Intervention by well meaning Nigerians,Keshi has been persuaded to stay with a veiw to upwardly reveiew his contract terms'- TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOR THE SUCESS OF THIS FILM(no-this bussiness). Produced and Marketted by Peterside Idah,42 EDIDI LANE,IDUMOTA,ABUJA'.

Lmao grin grin. But according to Shina Okeleji of BBC, the drama aint over yet, because Yobo, Keshi and other top officals are in an emergency meeting!
This is indeed getting more interesting by the day.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by saintmartins: 1:16am On Feb 12, 2013
nff is jst a group of nonsenc men who are only black man for face nd white man for yash,i dnt even know how dose calibers of men got into dat office, yes its true dat the supper eagles performed weakly at the group stage, will dat be a yastic for nff to book for their fly ticket before match.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 12, 2013
aribisala0: I am sure Keshi can get a better paying job with less stress abroad. I do not believe he is being proud or bargaining. The NFF are not an easy bunch to work with. Did they not admit they had not paid him for months recently. Meanwhile they accepted with pleasure all the crap Bertie Vogts shovelled their way with nothing to show for it. A man that refused to reside in NIgeria and refused to turn up without pay.
We need to sort out the NFF once and for all. Keshi can now name his price to serious FAs
Somebody posted yesterday that he is scared that Keshi might resign to go coach Qatar, or Angola both oil rich countries
maybe that is next move trying to make hay while the sun shines.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by aribisala0(m): 1:23am On Feb 12, 2013
femmyb:
Somebody posted yesterday that he is scared that Keshi might resign to go coach Qatar, or Angola both oil rich countries
maybe that is next move trying to make hay while the sun shines.
i posted that but not "scared" just likely. Look at it like this; If is difficult to do any better besides he can always come back in 2 4 6 8 years. Right now I am sure he will get good offers elsewhere and RESPECT.Imagine not getting paid for 3 months??
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Biggyd2: 1:31am On Feb 12, 2013
Red-Light:
mumu ... mourinho resigned becos he didnt believe in inter, guirdiola resigned becos he didnt believe in barca right? why are u gaynians so dense huh? undecided

Ghanians believed so much in their coach that they got a juju man to perform "america wonder" for their boys. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tunnamaniah(m): 1:32am On Feb 12, 2013
f**k nff, they neva learn, we dont need a white coach in naija
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 1:33am On Feb 12, 2013
aribisala0:

I wonder how you know what he meant?

And that is a white man's mentality? Really?
There are no sloppy unprofessional white men with low standards or the converse among black people or when that occurs among black it is aberrant and therefore "white"

He already gave you an explanation.

you don't expect me to group Keshi together with some white men with slow thinking na.

Let me make it clearer, i chose that word because we have few (very few) black coaches who know their worth,hence the reason i went for that word.

Not derogatory here.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by livethinme: 1:37am On Feb 12, 2013
onthefence: If we must re-hire a Nigerian Coach, go for Oliseh. He has the mental capacity to organise the boys.

What? thats a disgrace!..what happens to all the money the Min. of Sports get eh?
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dazzy4real(m): 1:42am On Feb 12, 2013
†ђξ magomago is too much in dis contry am sure the guy jz can't take it....kudoz to U̶̲̥̅̊ boss
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by supaeagles(m): 1:59am On Feb 12, 2013
2legit2qwt: Why is this only on Nairaland and not any reputable news source

Nigeria coach confident of Confederations Cup challenge- BBC

because the reputable news sites get their info from NL cool

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by onatisi(m): 2:25am On Feb 12, 2013
scopusng: TB Joshua told him he would win the cup but he must resigned after AFCON.
this sounds very posssible
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by yoyothefirst(f): 2:27am On Feb 12, 2013
Bad news
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by COOLDUN: 2:52am On Feb 12, 2013
Honestly Nigerians are so unpredictable; the same people that were calling this man names are fighting for him today. It is true that success has many friends, but failure is an orphan. There is no much problems if the NFF bought their return tickets before the Quarter final match, after all if they lost the match and were abandoned there, the same people that are blaming the NFF now, would have criticized them for being incompetent.

I am not in support of NFF mostly the way they have been running our football, but if this is the reason for Keshi’s resignation , he is not much right on that.

I am not against his resignation if he feels like doing so, because football management is a very lucrative business/profession nowadays, he has done a great job as a coach, he started this by taking an Un known Togo National team to the CAN/ World cup 2006, since then he has been in the list of the high profile coaches in the world.

He has added another feather to his cap now by being the first indigenous coach to win the Nations Cup for Nigeria, this has shot him higher than his previous rank, he might have been attracted to other countries who also want him to handle their teams. If he has gotten a better bargained deal, he is free to make his choice.

Nigeria as a nation have come a very long way in terms of good and quality footballers productions, we have many ex players of the game who can even do better than Keshi if given the right and good conducive atmosphere to work for this nation. Now that Keshi wants to leave, the country should make a diligent search for another ex player from any part of the country and give him a free hand to handle the National team, he also will continue from where Keshi stopped, from there our ex players will enjoy their fruits of labor, most of them played football when there was no money in the game, that will be a way for them to be happy for their sacrifices to their nation.

Keshi’s exit does never mean that he will not come back whenever his services is needed in this country again.He is a good coach; he has shown that to the whole world. Now he is a hot cake. Let us allow him to enjoy his success now.

Let the NFF go for another Nigerian coach for the Super Eagles, incase Keshi persist of resigning. He has played his own part, let us try another coach too. Spain did that when Lius Aragonez won the European Cup and later left to make way for the new coach Vicente Del Bosque, who continued from where he stopped and won the first World Cup and retained the European Cup for Spain.

Stop going for the Foreign Coaches, because what we are looking for in Sokoto, is in our Sokoto trousers. We have good and world class indigenous coaches, what they need is an encouragement and support to succeed.

Big Congratulation Stephen Keshi. God be with you and the Super Eagles players.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by naijaking1: 2:52am On Feb 12, 2013
Biggyd2: Please what business does goverment have managing football in this country? Keshi was an insider and must have reasons to resign when the ovation was loudest. I wish him the best.

The best point so far!
The goverment dips its dirty fingers into anything deemed important, lucrative, and political in this country.
That's why we have people who have no idea how many people make a football team manning NFF in our country.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by sambos994(m): 3:28am On Feb 12, 2013
NFF is as good as dead.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by binhozie(m): 3:29am On Feb 12, 2013
The man has nothing to prove he has not lost a competitive match as coach of nigeria.unbeaten in d qualifiers and the tournament. First team to ever do dat.broke a 19 year old hoodoo. Brought discipline and hardwork. Competitiveness amongst players back to nigeria and some pple come here to talk shit bout him havin to play spain to prove himself spains not d yardstick to judge keshi and dere not a 5week team dere a product of continuity of 5yrs dats wat some morons will neva understand dis mans d pep guardiola of nigeria d earlier we celebrate him and d sucess his bound to bring d better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Little Mbappé With Thierry Henry And Cristiano Ronaldo (Throwback Photos) / Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. / Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.