Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,787 members, 7,875,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:18 AM

Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (61572 Views)

Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 7:39am On Feb 12, 2013
Keshi has rescinded his decision after intervention from the presidency.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 7:44am On Feb 12, 2013
Keshi has made his point... Aired his grievances at the right time.

It was obvious they were going to beg him to stay. Hopefully, keshi has connected with those that matter.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by FXKing2012(m): 7:45am On Feb 12, 2013
[quote author=lomzy1][/quote]
In this context it's a protest, not a crime. Have you heard the term "ethical hacking"?

Anyways, this happens everywhere in the world as a way of protesting injustice or evil. Havent you heard of the groups hacktivist and anonymous? They protect people who have been wronged worldwide by hacking the computers and sites of the oppressors.

I'm a crime fighter and I do it by any means necessary.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Godmann(m): 7:48am On Feb 12, 2013
PapaBrowne: Ol boy. This is what you call brinksmanship!!

Brinkmanship (alternately, brinksmanship) is the practice of pushing dangerous events to the verge of—or to the brink of—disaster in order to achieve the most advantageous outcome. It occurs in international politics, foreign policy, labour relations, and (in contemporary settings) military strategy involving the threatened use of nuclear weapons

This man totally understands the game of power. Hehe. He is out to deal with the bigots in NFF. Now if he talks everybody will listen.
World cup is just a year away and there will be no better coach to man this wonderful squad Keshi has created.

Them go beg am. And I hope the bigots get flushed out of NFF. They would surely put up a tough fight and try to call his bluff. We the people should not leave him at this time. He gave each and everyone of us a certain kind of joy and pride yesterday. One we haven't experienced since the "miracle of damman" when we came back and equalised russia from 4-0 in 1989. Keshi, we gat your back!!!

Brinksmanship!!!

You are intelligent. Thanks
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 7:51am On Feb 12, 2013
http://instagram.com/p/VnfwaigwMe/

Eagles Checking in at airport!!
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 12, 2013
X-factoria:
Keshi is just playing to the gallery! He saw an opportunity to break free from the shackles of the NFF, to enjoy what Westerhof enjoyed while coaching the SE - free and direct access to the Presidency!. It is all politics.

Keshi is aware that the President is very elated about the triumph of the Super Eagles in S/Africa and would be ready to offer far reaching support going forward. So he capitalized on the "lack of confidence in him" by NFF members during the competition. He knows that the public impression of his capability has been enhanced by his success in SA and any move to remove him would totally seem unfair and in fact elicit public outcry.

If you ask me, the lack of confidence by NFF board is not out-of-place. Keshi's training programs for the competition were well funded. He insisted on camping in Faro, Portugal and had his way. He got top quality friendlies - one with the Catalonians, and his team list was left entirely for him to decide despite objections to some names by the NFF technical committee. So, with the poor results from the first two games, any board member's lack of confidence and a subsequent "no excuse for failure" posture would be justified.

Even though he deserved credit for the risk he took with unknown players and the success of this campaign, Keshi should stop all this hypocrisy and thank God for adding sugar to his tea. Siasia wasn't that lucky taking this sort of risks!

Very well said. I find Keshi's behaviour very immature and ridiculous. It is downright disrespectful to Nigerians and to the president to declare your resignation right there in SA - even before arriving Nigeria, and knowing full well that the President plans to host the team and reward them for their victory. It is a silly case of playing to the gallery and doing 'shakara' for no good reason.

Nigerian football fans and the NFF have the RIGHT to criticise and dismiss the coach and the players if they are not performing well. The first two games were very poor, and it is normal for everyone to express their disappointment. When the team regained their senses and started playing well, it was only natural that everyone started commending them. That is the way football works: everything depends on results! In football, a player or a coach is as good as his last game. If the results are poor, you shouldn't expect people to have faith in you or be patient with you; not when you are being paid to do the job.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by vanstanzy(m): 7:55am On Feb 12, 2013
Noone can possibly blame Keshi. Our silly@ NFF have an uncanny reputation of hiring and firing both performing and non-performing coaches whenever the demon that torments them strikes.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 7:58am On Feb 12, 2013
[img]http://c0014674.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_10dbf622[/img]

Deji Tinubu caught him... no worries!! grin grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Godmann(m): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2013
X-factoria:
Keshi is just playing to the gallery! He saw an opportunity to break free from the shackles of the NFF, to enjoy what Westerhof enjoyed while coaching the SE - free and direct access to the Presidency!. It is all politics.

Keshi is aware that the President is very elated about the triumph of the Super Eagles in S/Africa and would be ready to offer far reaching support going forward. So he capitalized on the "lack of confidence in him" by NFF members during the competition. He knows that the public impression of his capability has been enhanced by his success in SA and any move to remove him would totally seem unfair and in fact elicit public outcry.

If you ask me, the lack of confidence by NFF board is not out-of-place. Keshi's training programs for the competition were well funded. He insisted on camping in Faro, Portugal and had his way. He got top quality friendlies - one with the Catalonians, and his team list was left entirely for him to decide despite objections to some names by the NFF technical committee. So, with the poor results from the first two games, any board member's lack of confidence and a subsequent "no excuse for failure" posture would be justified.

Even though he deserved credit for the risk he took with unknown players and the success of this campaign, Keshi should stop all this hypocrisy and thank God for adding sugar to his tea. Siasia wasn't that lucky taking this sort of risks!

Myopic people always see luck where geniuses passed. It was luck that picked Mba from nowhere? It was same luck that dropped all the big names that would have caused distraction in the team.

Keshi may lack some tactical knowledge; but he is a good man-manager. He is a smart man. He was able to bring the best in Mikel, knowing fully well that Mikel never fancied playing for Nigeria. He was able to build a team where all the players love each other unlike what we have had. Keshi is an intelligent man; get it. Even the way he is taking the fight to teh corrupt NFF is a reflection of the Genius in HIM. I just love the man for his brain.

7 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by great063(m): 8:21am On Feb 12, 2013
Mehn,I'm tired of this crap.Must these government goons always take Nigerians down this dreary road of heartache?When will they get it right?

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 12, 2013
tbaba1234: Keshi just announced his resignation from the National team.

He was sacked during the group phase but stayed on to win the trophy..... Return tickets were already booked because they thought the team would lose to the Ivorians.

Keshi found this out after the match according to Idah Peterside.

idah pee ‏@IdahPeterside
Keshi only heard the nff had given the secretary money for return tickets before ivory cost game only after they won the game

https://twitter.com/IdahPeterside

This lack of trust by the NFF made him resign...

y na, thats not fair...after winning the trophy for us?
Me think we need him now more than ever

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by kross01(m): 8:53am On Feb 12, 2013
and some people still see this as a tribal issue, in their words;'ibo people and pride & luv for money'. If keshi is igbo, i cnt be more proud of him for this singular act, when shuaibu was twice dealt the sack blow after his efforts he couldn't do nutyn about it & nigerians with their ever existent amnesia choose to forget.keshi simply does not want such treatment & like some one said, there are a million others that can take over from him, just lets pray we dont have to wait for 160years this time to near the trophy again.some idiot even went on to say that NFF's booking of return ticket before match was right to cut down cost & expenses of their continued stay when they had nutyn more doing there, & i pose this question to that idiot; why are the eagles still in SA since sunday's finals? What happened to cutting expenses? When it happens to others, its normal in nigeria, but when it happens to our kit & kin its victimization.Even if keshi lost this afcon i wldnt hve wanted more from him than to continue, SAF is being honoured today as one of the best the world over and no one asked how long he tried in manchester utd before finally gettng it right. Bunch of unreasonable fellows in abundance in NL
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 8:54am On Feb 12, 2013
aribisala0:

I wonder how you know what he meant?

And that is a white man's mentality? Really?
There are no sloppy unprofessional white men with low standards or the converse among black people or when that occurs among black it is aberrant and therefore "white"

No 1, I have a brain to know when someone mistakenly utilised the wrong word in a context.

No 2, when someone gives you a statement like that, assume it is "on average". One does not need to write a tome before you figure that out.

No 3, on average the black man is not professional nor does he demonstate high standards ESPECIALLY a Nigerian black man. Take that to the bank and be a billionaire.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by SELFWORTH: 9:02am On Feb 12, 2013
Keshi needs to loose weight now he has secured his future.

This should be his first goal now. He looks like he has eaten too much EBA!
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 9:10am On Feb 12, 2013
CFCfan: It's official: Keshi has withdrawn his resignation with the statement below:

"My attention has been drawn to reports in the media that I have resigned my appointment as the Head Coach of Super Eagles of Nigeria.
While I have had cause to express my displeasure over some issues that happened in the course of our participation in the AFCON 2013, which my team won by the grace of God, especially concerning my relationship with the Nigerian Football Federation, I have since had opportunity to discuss the various issues with all concerned. I am therefore pleased to say that I have reconsidered my position and have decided to continue with my job.
I want to thank the Honourable Minister of Sports, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, for his swift and kind intervention."

Signed

Stephen Okechukwu Keshi

12th February 2013

The guy just fcked up!

- No terms and conditions he is making public.

- No pointing out the individual accountable for his grievances.

Major fck up!

As usual no one is to be punished and held accountable in the NFF, hence no impetus to be competent. The country continues allocating blame to the "system", not an individual, as if it is not individuals that make up the system and are fcking it up. The NFF would remain intact with no need to change competence as no one is ever at fault.

Major fck up!

Next time he has grievance and does this again, some people would just shout NFF again, while some would shout "Keshi has come again with his fronting wahala, wetin dey do am".

This man should be identifying the arseholes that did not do their jobs or were chopping their money so such arseholes are sacked. He fcked up!
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 9:13am On Feb 12, 2013
manosteel: One thing we need to know is that NFF is Keshi's employer, they sacked one and hired him because they believed that he has what it takes to bring results. When the results are not coming, they have the right to query his strategies and to review his contract just like any other employer will do.

What rubbish!

If you keep on assessing people, hiring them and then firing them, don't you think it is you that needs to be sacked for incompetence in your job?

2sexy.com:
grin grin grin this man... I dey love your talk always!brutally blunt!

I support Keshi's move.... fvcking fvcktards and cretins, NFF!

People need to be held accountable and punished. We should not be merely pointing fingers at a system and doing nothing!

If I was him, I would use this opportunity to enhance that best practice.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by bajosky: 9:28am On Feb 12, 2013
nff enemies of progress, why aways go for a foreign coach just to squander our reasources without getting results, it is high time we erase tat ideology and have respect, trust and even encourage our indegenous coaches, So proposal is hence forth if the nff have fate on foreign coaches they should also sign a pact with nigerians, that when ever those coaches fail to deliver, they should be sack along with those who employ them as alternative means.Keshi deserve a pat on the back for a job well done only 6month assembling of his squard .that alone is a record.He went into a tournament headed by many charttered foreign coaches and eventualy subdued as well as conquered Africa. 9ja had even fail in many atempt using the foreign coaches to no avai.NFF shut up and accept ur fault .NONSENCE MUMU NFF.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 9:30am On Feb 12, 2013
pro01:

Very well said. I find Keshi's behaviour very immature and ridiculous. It is downright disrespectful to Nigerians and to the president to declare your resignation right there in SA - even before arriving Nigeria, and knowing full well that the President plans to host the team and reward them for their victory. It is a silly case of playing to the gallery and doing 'shakara' for no good reason.

Nigerian football fans and the NFF have the RIGHT to criticise and dismiss the coach and the players if they are not performing well. The first two games were very poor, and it is normal for everyone to express their disappointment. When the team regained their senses and started playing well, it was only natural that everyone started commending them. That is the way football works: everything depends on results! In football, a player or a coach is as good as his last game. If the results are poor, you shouldn't expect people to have faith in you or be patient with you; not when you are being paid to do the job.

Nigerians (and the president) need and deserve disrespect.

If you doubt it, go and see the incompetence in the country, and go and ask Amodu.

It is not a country to be treated with respect. A country that does not take care of its own and treats its own with disrespect even when doing their best and delivering should not demand respect.

You think JFK could have demanded "It is not what your country can do for you, it is what you can do for your country" if the country itself was heartless to its people in the first place?

Fck Nigeria, while incompetent, moronic and selfish people have hijacked all the position of power (including the NFF) for themselves to solely enrich themselves at the detriment of the population while using that power and state apparatus to fck up those that are doing their best to improve the country and contribute. Then these people want to demand loyalty and respect?

That is why we have fucktards like Amos Adamu running the NFA and being the most influential football administrator in Nigeria for years.

How many Nigerians demanding respect stood up for Amodu when he was being screwed while we hired a foreigner at 8 times his cost (with half going back to corrupt NFF officials of course) to come and take his glory?

Fck Nigerians!

Fck their demand for respect!

Abeg, someone get me on a TV or Radio to say it!

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dmcdad: 9:48am On Feb 12, 2013
Red-Light:
mumu ... mourinho resigned becos he didnt believe in inter, guirdiola resigned becos he didnt believe in barca right? why are u gaynians so dense huh? undecided
Ha ha ha ha hA... Lwkmd
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dmcdad: 9:48am On Feb 12, 2013
Abrantie:

Don't compare your yeye Nigerian Football Association to any European association. Which African coach in his right mind would dump his country immediately after an unprecedented success? Especially now that SE are in a bigger tournament next year. He's supposed to be a national hero and a patriot, but since selfishness is the hallmark of everything Nigerian, he goes along with the script.
Selfishness Like seriously
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dmcdad: 9:52am On Feb 12, 2013
Red-Light:
keep exposin ur stupidity .... how is nff diferent from other football association in the world .... if a coach is not doing the right thing and the fanz want him sacked .. is it not the duty of football association to do what d fanz want .... afterall its not that its nff that sacked him rightnow ... he resigned ( so should the whole nation start postrating for him not to resign?) and who told u he is not a national hero? ... why am i even lecturing this stupiid gaynaian that knew next to nothing about football except banku and juju ? undecided
Lngkm.... grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dmcdad: 9:52am On Feb 12, 2013
Sagamite:

What would their response be if not lies and denials?
I wonder oooo
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dmcdad: 9:54am On Feb 12, 2013
tbaba1234:

There is a lot of begging (and phonecalls) going on now.... Keshi will probably stay eventually. He is in the driver's seat.

He shouldnt even make the mistake of continuing He has taken a bold step, he should just maintain it that way for his on good.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by AsuquoEKenn(m): 10:00am On Feb 12, 2013
Stevo ooo I love ur courage. Go on with ur career no on can stop.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 12, 2013
pro01:

if keshi's act is immature, how do you describe that of NFF that prepared his sack letter while the team and coach were still in SA.

It's a good move. Let the whole world know how corrupt most of the NFF members are.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 12, 2013
Sagamite:

Nigerians (and the president) need and deserve disrespect.

If you doubt it, go and see the incompetence in the country, and go and ask Amodu.

It is not a country to be treated with respect. A country that does not take care of its own and treats its own with disrespect even when doing their best and delivering should not demand respect.

You think JFK could have demanded "It is not what your country can do for you, it is what you can do for your country" if the country itself was heartless to its people in the first place?

Fck Nigeria, while incompetent, moronic and selfish people have hijacked all the position of power (including the NFF) for themselves to solely enrich themselves at the detriment of the population while using that power and state apparatus to fck up those that are doing their best to improve the country and contribute. Then these people want to demand loyalty and respect?

That is why we have fucktards like Amos Adamu running the NFA and being the most influential football administrator in Nigeria for years.

How many Nigerians demanding respect stood up for Amodu when he was being screwed while we hired a foreigner at 8 times his cost (with half going back to corrupt NFF officials of course) to come and take his glory?

Fck Nigerians!

Fck their demand for respect!

Abeg, someone get me on a TV or Radio to say it!

Look, valid as these points are, the fact remains that you can't cut your nose to spite your face. Besides, a debate about the rot in the system is a story for another day.

Irrespective of how 'badly' Keshi might have been treated by the NFF, it was impetuous and immature for him to resign barely 24 hours after a victory that the entire country is celebrating. He would have returned to Nigeria, attended all the scheduled receptions for the team, and thereafter expressed his discontent with the way the NFF treated him, or even resign afterwards if he so wishes.

Already, he has reconsidered his so-called resignation less than 24 hours after he initially resigned. Is that not enough evidence that he was merely playing to the gallery? A man of genuine conviction would take a well-considered decision and stick to his decision.

In any case, Keshi is part of the corruption in Nigerian football. I remember how he schemed in the background and lobbied to get Siasia out of the way; so it's not as if he is a saint or a victim.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 12, 2013
centje: if keshi's act is immature, how do you describe that of NFF that prepared his sack letter while the team and coach were still in SA.

It's a good move. Let the whole world know how corrupt most of the NFF members are.

So essentially, one 'immature' action should beget another? We all know that NFF is rotten. However, the only opportunity they have to exhibit their rottenness is when a coach fails to deliver. Siasia was beloved by Nigerians, and he got the job mainly by popular demand. Unfortunately, he failed miserably, and was summarily dismissed by the NFF in less than a year. In Keshi's case, the first two games of the Nations Cup were disastrous, and Nigeria was on the brink of elimination from the tournament because the team was playing badly. Of course the NFF would have been expected to pull the trigger on Keshi immediately - had Nigeria failed to overcome Ethiopia.

The coaching profession is not a tea party, neither is it a sweetheart business. If you fail, you get mercillessly sacked. If you succeed, you are retained and celebrated. Simple. I don't understand why Keshi is making a fuss about how NFF prepared his sack letter or how they booked a flight for the team ahead of Ivory Coast game. As a professional, he should know that sentiments have no place in the game.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Abrantie: 12:01pm On Feb 12, 2013
Red-Light:
keep exposin ur stupidity .... how is nff diferent from other football association in the world .... if a coach is not doing the right thing and the fanz want him sacked .. is it not the duty of football association to do what d fanz want .... afterall its not that its nff that sacked him rightnow ... he resigned ( so should the whole nation start postrating for him not to resign?) and who told u he is not a national hero? ... why am i even lecturing this stupiid gaynaian that knew next to nothing about football except banku and juju ? undecided

See how Keshi listened to intelligent voices of reason such as mine and came back? Asswipe, what are you gonna do now? I'd suggest you go hug a transformer.

Believe me, he's the best coach that your sorry team can ever hope to get. Better stick with him while the going is good.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 12:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
pro01:

Look, valid as these points are, the fact remains that you can't cut your nose to spite your face. Besides, a debate about the rot in the system is a story for another day.

Irrespective of how 'badly' Keshi might have been treated by the NFF, it was impetuous and immature for him to resign barely 24 hours after a victory that the entire country is celebrating. He would have returned to Nigeria, attended all the scheduled receptions for the team, and thereafter expressed his discontent with the way the NFF treated him, or even resign afterwards if he so wishes.

Already, he has reconsidered his so-called resignation less than 24 hours after he initially resigned. Is that not enough evidence that he was merely playing to the gallery? A man of genuine conviction would take a well-considered decision and stick to his decision.

In any case, Keshi is part of the corruption in Nigerian football. I remember how he schemed in the background and lobbied to get Siasia out of the way; so it's not as if he is a saint or a victim.

No, it is not cutting your nose. It is transforming your nose to be better.

He shouldn't be coming back and be rejoicing with the fucktards about a success they tried to sabotage. The country Nigeria itself needs to stop celebrating like a family celebrating a rare good news while the gas is still leaking and the carbon monoxide is still killing the kids in the house one every year.

After the celebration, no one would want to hear. They are Nigerians, they are happy to get along with rubbish. Let everyone know there is really nothing to celebrate, celebration is worthless, until the cancer of incompetent people are removed by being scared shyt or got rid of and easy things are done easily. Then it would not take much effort to win things like this on a regular basis.

He fcked up without achieving an explicit and public change with his resignation. I would NEVER have done that. I resign or the head of NFF resigns. And that has to be NOW, not after celebrations. No moronic president can change my mind on that or influence me to soft peddle until after celebrations. I am not only vengeful, I am also very ruthless ultraist especially towards incompetent, selfish people that would have fed me to the dogs. I would happily butt heads.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by redcliff: 1:11pm On Feb 12, 2013
FXKing2012: I'm going to hack and crash NFF website right away as a mark of protest against the deranged eeeeeeediots running the football federation.

Who is with me on this?

lol. A real hacker wont say this...

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Little Mbappé With Thierry Henry And Cristiano Ronaldo (Throwback Photos) / Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? / Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.