Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,177 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:03 PM

Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (61609 Views)

Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by pareto(m): 3:29am On Feb 12, 2013
Keshi, I heard when you said you are an OPTIMISTIC person. Now you resigned for being PESSIMISTIC and MYOPIC.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by onatisi(m): 3:38am On Feb 12, 2013
pareto: Keshi, I heard when you said you are an OPTIMISTIC person. Now you resigned for being PESSIMISTIC and MYOPIC.
na wa oo for some ppl.please this statement doesnt rhyme together .well i maybe wrong sha oo
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 3:54am On Feb 12, 2013
Sagamite:

Imagine!

Fcking imagine!

And some fucktards on NL were supporting it then. The same fucktards that would have called for the sacking of Keshi if he had not won the cup but are now screaming his praise.

Someone saved us and qualified us for WC fcking TWICE and we reward him both times by hiring someone else to take us to WC to fail both times.

Sick reetarded country!
it is not that the country is sick retarded like you said, it is some people that are just plain develish, wicked, heartless infact i dont know the adjective to use to qualify them again.these people have been given a free hand to run and manage the country . in short they are look at what they did to Coach Ahmodu, very painful. it very painful that most nigerians have an annoying SHORT MEMORY!!!!!!
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by White007(m): 3:54am On Feb 12, 2013
pareto: Keshi, I heard when you said you are an OPTIMISTIC person. Now you resigned for being PESSIMISTIC and MYOPIC.

Bunch of malarkey! Smh.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by sambos994(m): 3:55am On Feb 12, 2013
Official: Keshi has withdrawn his resignation!

https://twitter.com/ColinUdoh/status/301158578889322497
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by onatisi(m): 3:59am On Feb 12, 2013
sambos994: Official: Keshi has withdrawn his resignation!

https://twitter.com/ColinUdoh/status/301158578889322497
bad move by keshi,those nff will now start planning on how to get their own pound of flesh back.he just played himself into their hands.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by sambos994(m): 4:05am On Feb 12, 2013
onatisi:
bad move by keshi,those nff will now start planning on how to get their own pound of flesh back.he just played himself into their hands.

Nope, if NFF came to Nigeria, they would have been as good as dead. GEJ would have been pissed and so would be Nigerians. This is good because now NFF will lay off of Keshi and let him do his thing. Also, Keshi can demand however much he wants, because NFF will now do anything to keep him. I think this saga has tought a very good lesson to Maigari and co.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by iconaus: 4:32am On Feb 12, 2013

meaningless
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by manosteel(m): 4:38am On Feb 12, 2013
I don't know why this return ticket issue is being blown out of proportion. Every country that has a good system in place used to make arrangements for return tickets before-hand for their athletes should they exit the competition so as to avoid them being stranded or to pay exra money for hotel when they have no business staying there. Just like American Idol, where d participants will be asked to rehearse their final Goodbye song in addition to their main presentation because in elimination stage, anything is possible. Again, nff with all their ineptitudes, i can't remember the last time they sack a sitting coach without allowing him to complete his competition, come back home, appear before board and have his performance reviewed, then decision. We have to be careful how we accept this whole thing
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by otokx(m): 4:52am On Feb 12, 2013
A u - turn by Keshi now would be a no brainer. This NFF people are wicked and heartless - ask Shuiabu?
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 5:04am On Feb 12, 2013
It's official: Keshi has withdrawn his resignation with the statement below:

"My attention has been drawn to reports in the media that I have resigned my appointment as the Head Coach of Super Eagles of Nigeria.
While I have had cause to express my displeasure over some issues that happened in the course of our participation in the AFCON 2013, which my team won by the grace of God, especially concerning my relationship with the Nigerian Football Federation, I have since had opportunity to discuss the various issues with all concerned. I am therefore pleased to say that I have reconsidered my position and have decided to continue with my job.
I want to thank the Honourable Minister of Sports, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, for his swift and kind intervention."

Signed

Stephen Okechukwu Keshi

12th February 2013

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by otokx(m): 5:08am On Feb 12, 2013
Keshi has done himself in, why did he postpone the evil day? why did he start a fire in his own house? NFF are your employers not minister of sports. They will stab you in the back.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Tintinix: 5:12am On Feb 12, 2013
DivideUs:

See ya life, no wonder we no de progress as a nation angry angry sad
You no see hin name?
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by White007(m): 5:13am On Feb 12, 2013
This just in...

Presidency wades in to convince Keshi to stay on as Eagles coach

Just as Nigerians begin to savour the joy of being African champions, confusion has set into the camp of the Super Eagles with Coach Stephen Keshi announcing his resignation on Monday.

Keshi who is billed to return with his players to Nigeria Tuesday (today) was first quoted in South Africa as having resigned his position as the manager of the Nigerian team despite winning the African cup on Sunday with a 1-0 defeat of Burkina Faso in the final match.

The Eagles Media Officer, Ben Alaiya, on Monday night confirmed that Keshi indeed resigned.

“It is true,” Alaiya wrote in a terse response to a text from one of our correspondents. While speaking to a South African radio show on Monday evening, Keshi said that he handed in his resignation letter after the match on Sunday night.

“I gave them (Nigeria Football Federation) my letter of resignation immediately after last night’s game, but I haven’t heard from them yet,” Keshi told Metro FM on Monday night.

A communication line soon opened between the Presidency and Keshi after the announcement and the former captain of the national team confirmed he had resigned and was only awaiting the response of the NFF officials.

A very highly placed official in the Presidency told The PUNCH in an exclusive interview on Monday that the matter had been taken up immediately. The source added that after the discussion with Keshi, he agreed to withdraw his resignation and continue his job with the team.

The official said, “Yes, it is very true that Keshi resigned his position as coach of the Eagles. That he confirmed to us. It was quite alarming given the complaints he brought up. There were a lot on things going on that the nation didn’t know.

“He informed us about backlog of salaries, his official car that has only been on paper since he took office. Even in South Africa, money was a lot of issue. It is appalling but the key thing is that Keshi has calmed down and has agreed to continue as the coach of Nigeria.”

Apart from his car and salary, we learnt that the Eagles coach complained bitterly of not getting the cash due him in South Africa during the Nations Cup. He also complained that his players were being owed a lot of money as the promises were more on the pages of the newspapers than being fulfilled.

Keshi could not be reached despite efforts by The PUNCH last night.

It was also quite tough getting a response from the NFF on the matter.

The NFF Chief Media Officer, Ademola Olajire, did not respond to our mail.

But a former goalkeeper with the Nigerian team who is now based in South Africa, Peterside Idah, confirmed Keshi’s resignation via his Twitter handle.

Idah tweeted, “Yes, he told me so, he would resign on Saturday, spent some time with him. Will give you reasons why he quit tomorrow.”

It was learnt that the members of the Federation went into an emergency meeting on Monday over the matter.

The triumph of the Eagles at the Nations Cup indeed took many people by surprise as they were not amongst the competition favourites.

The national team came into the consciousness of the citizens after they defeated cup favourites, Ivory Coast, in the quarter-finals. Before then the NFF officials had put a lot of pressure on Eagles when it appeared that the team would not scale through the group stages.

Before the last group match against Ethiopia the NFF had issued an official press release stating that Keshi had “no excuse for failure.”

But the Super Eagles then defeated Ethiopia to qualify for the next stage and that calmed a lot of nerves.

Keshi in one of his reactions afterwards said he was virtually on the sack list until the tide turned for him.

“Nobody believed in me. They were sure that this team would not get anywhere and they wanted to sack me during the competition,” he said.

Keshi is expected to fly back with the team today for the Tuesday night reception holding at the Presidential Villa, irrespective of the situation.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Mogidi: 5:24am On Feb 12, 2013
grafikii: This is unbelievable, only in Nigeria. People like oliseh should be running our football, not the animals in the nff. Like nff, like pdp, like gej. So many of this animals should be sacked, the nff should be dissolved. These nonsense has to stop. I loved this country yesterday, but am back to hate mode.

I'd give you some money if you and your other brother can string sentences together without mentioning GEJ. It seems GEJ is the only word in your diction

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Xfactoria: 5:51am On Feb 12, 2013
Keshi is just playing to the gallery! He saw an opportunity to break free from the shackles of the NFF, to enjoy what Westerhof enjoyed while coaching the SE - free and direct access to the Presidency!. It is all politics.

Keshi is aware that the President is very elated about the triumph of the Super Eagles in S/Africa and would be ready to offer far reaching support going forward. So he capitalized on the "lack of confidence in him" by NFF members during the competition. He knows that the public impression of his capability has been enhanced by his success in SA and any move to remove him would totally seem unfair and in fact elicit public outcry.

If you ask me, the lack of confidence by NFF board is not out-of-place. Keshi's training programs for the competition were well funded. He insisted on camping in Faro, Portugal and had his way. He got top quality friendlies - one with the Catalonians, and his team list was left entirely for him to decide despite objections to some names by the NFF technical committee. So, with the poor results from the first two games, any board member's lack of confidence and a subsequent "no excuse for failure" posture would be justified.

Even though he deserved credit for the risk he took with unknown players and the success of this campaign, Keshi should stop all this hypocrisy and thank God for adding sugar to his tea. Siasia wasn't that lucky taking this sort of risks!

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by SORTER: 6:08am On Feb 12, 2013
îE U for real?........SMH
mmmustapha: Wetin concern me We hav already won d cup, he can go to hell
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by manosteel(m): 6:35am On Feb 12, 2013
One thing we need to know is that NFF is Keshi's employer, they sacked one and hired him because they believed that he has what it takes to bring results. When the results are not coming, they have the right to query his strategies and to review his contract just like any other employer will do.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Biggyd2: 6:43am On Feb 12, 2013
So Keshi should know that he is now dinning with devils, he should go get his verryyyyy long spoon.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Remii(m): 6:44am On Feb 12, 2013
manosteel: One thing we need to know is that NFF is Keshi's employer, they sacked one and hired him because they believed that he has what it takes to bring results. When the results are not coming, they have the right to query his strategies and to review his contract just like any other employer will do.

I don't support what Keshi did o but do this all powerful NFF that you paint up there, do they do the same to foreign coaches? I cannot remember NFF sacking any foreign coach they all resign or even walk away on us
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dumjoshua: 6:47am On Feb 12, 2013
well ,i know that keshi voluntarily applied 4 the job,4 him to resign now is an indication that there is something wrong.i want the president to investigate the matter
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by VellyG(m): 6:48am On Feb 12, 2013
Eazee-e:

if datz how things work den Ex Egyptian Coach wud hav been appointed d Coach of Arsenal by now. Ibos n pride, common nation cup dat even Zambia won b4
What's the problem with Nigerians. Can't u make a comment without been Tribalistic? Btw Keshi is not an igbo man. Keep on displayin ur ignorance
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Remii(m): 6:49am On Feb 12, 2013
dumjoshua: well ,i know that keshi voluntarily applied 4 the job,4 him to resign now is an indication that there is something wrong.i want the president to investigate the matter

Yes ooo, we need to set up a committee for this, boys much chop grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by anonimi: 6:58am On Feb 12, 2013
manosteel: One thing we need to know is that NFF is Keshi's employer, they sacked one and hired him because they believed that he has what it takes to bring results. When the results are not coming, they have the right to query his strategies and to review his contract just like any other employer will do.

How good and wonderful it would be if Nigerians could apply the same principle in bold to ALL our political employees i.e. ELECTED office holders from the President, Governors, LG Chairmen to NASS Federal & State legislooters as well LG councillors.
Imagine the LG authorities asking people to stay home for environmental once a month when they are MANDATED to keep public spaces clean
Just one example.

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by 2sexycom(m): 7:01am On Feb 12, 2013
Sagamite:

I change my terms and conditions:

1) No NFF senior official must be at the Presidential reception (otherwise I would not show up)

2) Secondly, I will only rescind my resignation if the NFF boss himself resigns (Nigeria has to decide if they want me or him).

If they cannot do that, then they should fck off!
grin grin grin this man... I dey love your talk always!brutally blunt!

I support Keshi's move.... fvcking fvcktards and cretins, NFF!
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by chinedum13(m): 7:06am On Feb 12, 2013
grafikii: This is unbelievable, only in Nigeria. People like oliseh should be running our football, not the animals in the nff. Like nff, like pdp, like gej. So many of this animals should be sacked, the nff should be dissolved. These nonsense has to stop. I loved this country yesterday, but am back to hate mode.
why gej my guy
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by generaliy07(m): 7:22am On Feb 12, 2013
mmmustapha: Wetin concern me We hav already won d cup, he can go to hell
Guess you should go ahead of him to hell...ingrate,someone achieved a feat no one in your generation has ever achieved and here you are talking trash,as if you're so deaf you can't hear what the NFF did to him
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by lomzy1(m): 7:28am On Feb 12, 2013
[quote author=FXKing2012] I'm going to hack and crash NFF website right away as a mark of protest against the deranged eeeeeeediots running the football federation.
Who is with me on this?
[/quote

This is against what u represent on nairaland. I can't believe u wrote this. Even if u are gonna do that.mu don't av to say it in public.. A lot of ppl on nairaland know u as a scam buster. I have respect for u and surveyprof a lot. What's d diff btw an hacker and a scammer?
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by neksummi(m): 7:32am On Feb 12, 2013
I would also go if anyone shows he doesn't need me.

lomzy1: This is against what u represent on nairaland. I can't believe u wrote this. Even if u are gonna do that.mu don't av to say it in public.. A lot of ppl on nairaland know u as a scam buster. I have respect for u and surveyprof a lot. What's d diff btw an hacker and a scammer?

I beg help me ask o...
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by topeorekoy(m): 7:36am On Feb 12, 2013
Did anyone watch Supersport that Keshi said he did not resign?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? / Croatia Sacks Coach, Vukojevic Ahead Of England Semi-final Clash / Ndidi Carries Both Musa And Iheanacho On His Back During Training (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.