Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,366 members, 7,888,180 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:07 PM

Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (61610 Views)

Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by AjanleKoko: 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2013
Now why am I not surprised, reading all the sentimental rants on here?
Keshi was a dolt to resign and rescind a day later. I am pretty sure that those men will humble him in no time. They'll just wait for the next screw-up, and kick his azz to the kerb. Well, what am I saying, is he not a Nigerian himself? embarassed
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2013
AjanleKoko: Now why am I not surprised, reading all the sentimental rants on here?
Keshi was a dolt to resign and rescind a day later. I am pretty sure that those men will humble him in no time. They'll just wait for the next screw-up, and kick his azz to the kerb. Well, what am I saying, is he not a Nigerian himself? embarassed

That is why he fcked up, big time!

If you don't get a meaningful, public reproach/change before rescinding, then you just exterminated your bargaining power (which includes immense public support).

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by iamayomidey(m): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2013
wink[color=][/color]keshi should leave when the ovation is still high...
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 1:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
Sagamite:

That is why he fcked up, big time!

If you don't get a meaningful, public reproach/change before rescinding, then you just exterminated your bargaining power (which includes immense public support).

Consider the president's intervention na..
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by AjanleKoko: 2:03pm On Feb 12, 2013
honeric01:

The same president will disown him when he doesn't get the results. Even if it's a very unlikely situation. Like if he doesn't win the Confed Cup in the summer. Obviously that would be the outcome, but he would prolly get sacked anyway for that, or something equally inconsequential.

Only Westerhof got away with standing down the NFA peeps, and he still had to walk in '94 when the squad turned against him. It is coaching, after all. Very fickle profession.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by FXKing2012(m): 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2013
redcliff:

lol. A real hacker wont say this...
Anonymous and hacktivist say it all the time before doing it.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 2:16pm On Feb 12, 2013
honeric01:

And so?

What about if I refuse to listen to the president, what will happen?

The president does not see more sense in influencing NFF for the members of the board to resign (without breaking FIFA rules)?

The president has to give me something rather than "calm down", "please", "for the sake of Nigerians" etc because me 'I no dey listen o when it comes to progress'.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by onatisi(m): 2:26pm On Feb 12, 2013
dmcdad:
He shouldnt even make the mistake of continuing He has taken a bold step, he should just maintain it that way for his on good.
he has already made the mistaake ,and that is trusting a nigerian politician.the main reason those in the nff and sports ministry begged and agreed now to everything keshi demanded for was to save them from national disgrace on arrival and to at least make sure that the cup presentation to gej goes smoothly.trust me once the ceremony is over those in the sport ministry and nff will start scheming ways of getting keshi out nd trust me gej will not intervene.now the pressure will be on keshi to deliver .what he should have done is resign now and come back later.never trust those in nff they are smart politicians that knows when to retreat nd when to attack
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Tee13(f): 3:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
JUST TAKING TIME OUT grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
Sagamite:

And so?

What about if I refuse to listen to the president, what will happen?

The president does not see more sense in influencing NFF for the members of the board to resign (without breaking FIFA rules)?

The president has to give me something rather than "calm down", "please", "for the sake of Nigerians" etc because me 'I no dey listen o when it comes to progress'.

So you want Nigerians to turn against him saying he's too full of himself and all that? like the case of Adebayor and the president of Togo?

AjanleKoko:

The same president will disown him when he doesn't get the results. Even if it's a very unlikely situation. Like if he doesn't win the Confed Cup in the summer. Obviously that would be the outcome, but he would prolly get sacked anyway for that, or something equally inconsequential.

Only Westerhof got away with standing down the NFA peeps, and he still had to walk in '94 when the squad turned against him. It is coaching, after all. Very fickle profession.

Hopefully, he's going to arrive at a good bustop when the contract review comes on. who expects him to win the confederation cup? anyone who's expecting that should be beaten by mad men..

He was employed to build a team for the future, he happened to have won the nations cup along the way, his case with the NFF is to be given SPACE, SUPPORT and also his salaries/benefits must be paid in due time.

I believe all these are to be ironed out after the whole "celebration"

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2013
honeric01:

So you want Nigerians to turn against him saying he's too full of himself and all that? like the case of Adebayor and the president of Togo?

Abegi!

I already think fck Nigerians. The ones that are too dumb to even understand the issue and principles he is fighting for should fck off triple times. The earlier those ones can hug a transformer and end in their poor graves, the better for Nigeria.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tkintell(m): 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2013
5h idah pee ‏@IdahPeterside
In that meeting the nff people where there and the minister of sports,they decided to sack me and bring the Zambian coach after the game
Expand
Ambassador,the main reason I must resign is this people don't respect African coaches ,after the game against Ethiopia ,they held a meeting
Expand
The nff president had seen me the same day and told me he believed in me,but was giving the secretary money for our trip back,more to come
Expand
They had called the secretary a day before the match and given him money to buy tickets for the team because we where to play ivory cost.
Expand
They asked me if I was not watching the zambian coach Herve Renard,and how he does his changes and how he coaches his team,,more gist later
Expand
The president of the nff,they told me,that I could not read ,the game very well,and that the changes I was making was not the right changes
Expand
Ambassador that's what keshi calls me,he said my brother,the day after we played Ethiopia ,they called me to a meeting,the board members and
Expand
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
tkintell: 5h idah pee ‏@IdahPeterside
In that meeting the nff people where there and the minister of sports,they decided to sack me and bring the Zambian coach after the game
Expand
Ambassador,the main reason I must resign is this people don't respect African coaches ,after the game against Ethiopia ,they held a meeting
Expand
The nff president had seen me the same day and told me he believed in me,but was giving the secretary money for our trip back,more to come
Expand
They had called the secretary a day before the match and given him money to buy tickets for the team because we where to play ivory cost.
Expand
They asked me if I was not watching the zambian coach Herve Renard,and how he does his changes and how he coaches his team,,more gist later
Expand
The president of the nff,they told me,that I could not read ,the game very well,and that the changes I was making was not the right changes
Expand

Ambassador that's what keshi calls me,he said my brother,the day after we played Ethiopia ,they called me to a meeting,the board members and
Expand

Can you just imagine this? can these foooools do this with a white coach?

can these farmers behave this way to any white coach? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2013
aribisala0:

I wonder how you know what he meant?

And that is a white man's mentality? Really?
There are no sloppy unprofessional white men with low standards or the converse among black people or when that occurs among black it is aberrant and therefore "white"

Compare

White man:
http://www.uefa.com/

Black man:
http://www.cafonline.com/

I bet the lazy, incompetent buggers will claim it is racism that makes them not be able to do a good job.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
Sagamite:

Compare

White man:

Black man:

Sagamite, to be very honest; CAF's website is a bleeping disgrace! I wonder what they (CAF) do with the millions of $ they receive as revenue.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dayokanu(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2013
dayokanu: [size=14pt]Na HAYAJ You don ever hear Naija person resign before

On top all the curse for OBJ and Retardeen Jonatha head dem no resign ever Yar Adua no gree resign for him grave.

He just wan Shakara us small[/size]

I don talk am yesterday say na Hayaj
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dmcdad: 9:21pm On Feb 12, 2013
onatisi:
he has already made the mistaake ,and that is trusting a nigerian politician.the main reason those in the nff and sports ministry begged and agreed now to everything keshi demanded for was to save them from national disgrace on arrival and to at least make sure that the cup presentation to gej goes smoothly.trust me once the ceremony is over those in the sport ministry and nff will start scheming ways of getting keshi out nd trust me gej will not intervene.now the pressure will be on keshi to deliver .what he should have done is resign now and come back later.never trust those in nff they are smart politicians that knows when to retreat nd when to attack
You are right... And I really pity him cause he seem to have forgotten that he his playing with fire... Those nff men are not to be toiled with... Na wa for Keshi ooo
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by AjanleKoko: 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2013
Sagamite:

Compare

White man:

Black man:

I bet the lazy, incompetent buggers will claim it is racism that makes them not be able to do a good job.

LOL. cheesy
Black man and self-righteous indignation sha. grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 12, 2013
dayokanu:

I don talk am yesterday say na Hayaj

That is what makes it ridiculous. . .na very childish 'hayaj' he do. Resign today, 'un-resign' tomorrow. . .the sort of behaviour we expect from callow teenage girls.

The most annoying part is that he KNOWS the system in NFA/NFF better than anyone else; and he knew the rot and the ruthlessness there, even before he schemed and lobbied his way into the job. That's why I would never understand his 'maltreated victim' pretension. Is he a learner? He knew what he was getting into when he begged for the job, so he should have spared Nigerians all the unnecessary drama and dealt with the NFF goons in a roforofo way in the aftermath of the victory - without insulting our sensibilities.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2013
CFCfan:
Sagamite, to be very honest; CAF's website is a bleeping disgrace! I wonder what they (CAF) do with the millions of $ they receive as revenue.

I don't know how anyone can even argue that the average black man is not incompetent.

Fucktards like cap28 would be foaming from the side of their mouths that racism is holding them down. When you dig into their lives and past, you will see that majority of them just don't have the mentality to always try and be the best they can be in the things that take you to the top. They just want to be cool and dance alanta.

Everytime I am in Nigeria, my blood is BOILING when I see the shoddy and incompetent work and approach to work of VIRTUALLY EVERY SINGLE PERSON.

https://www.nairaland.com/917924/why-most-nigerians-abroad-remain#10857132

They just don't have the mentality to be the best. Then fucktards like ROSSIKE would say you are not patriotic for condemning it and not praising it.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dayokanu(m): 10:36pm On Feb 12, 2013
pro01:

That is what makes it ridiculous. . .na very childish 'hayaj' he do. Resign today, 'un-resign' tomorrow. . .the sort of behaviour we expect from callow teenage girls.

The most annoying part is that he KNOWS the system in NFA/NFF better than anyone else; and he knew the rot and the ruthlessness there, even before he schemed and lobbied his way into the job. That's why I would never understand his 'maltreated victim' pretension. Is he a learner? He knew what he was getting into when he begged for the job, so he should have spared Nigerians all the unnecessary drama and dealt with the NFF goons in a roforofo way in the aftermath of the victory - without insulting our sensibilities.

Leave am Keshi na guy man he dey shakara ni.

This same Keshi formed the Mafia in eagles in the early 90's

Keshi was one who would report to camp on Friday for a match on Saturday

He knows the rot, he is part of the rot. all these ones na Hayaj. We all know he cant afford to resign like that
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 12, 2013
dayokanu:

He knows the rot, he is part of the rot. all these ones na Hayaj. We all know he cant afford to resign like that

Gbam. Absolutely correct.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by kjhova(m): 7:18am On Feb 13, 2013
dayokanu:

You are perhaps too young to have followed Stephen Keshi's career in his days. For the benefit of this forum, can you kindly remind us of the match in which Keshi flew into Lagos on a Friday expecting to play on Saturday please.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by onatisi(m): 7:45am On Feb 13, 2013
kj_hova:

You are perhaps too young to have followed Stephen Keshi's career in his days. For the benefit of this forum, can you kindly remind us of the match in which Keshi flew into Lagos on a Friday expecting to play on Saturday please.
i am not siding anyone ,but to be honest that was kehi attitude during his playing days when hamilton was the national team coach it was weteroof that changed many things ,only opkaraji reports to camp early.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by kjhova(m): 8:54am On Feb 13, 2013
@onatisi If you say Keshi is performing an ayaj, that he started a mafia, that he broke camp rules in his days and that he's part of the rot too; it knocks me hollow how all of these co-habit with the idea that you're not "siding" anyone. For your clarification thou, Stephen Keshi was an absolute professional in his days. Sloppy members of the Eagles squad back then who couldn't cope with the rigour demanded by Westerhof (supported by Keshi as team captain) perhaps started the whole rumour of a "mafia".

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by onatisi(m): 10:05am On Feb 13, 2013
kj_hova: @onatisi If you say Keshi is performing an ayaj, that he started a mafia, that he broke camp rules in his days and that he's part of the rot too; it knocks me hollow how all of these co-habit with the idea that you're not "siding" anyone. For your clarification thou, Stephen Keshi was an absolute professional in his days. Sloppy members of the Eagles squad back then who couldn't cope with the rigour demanded by Westerhof (supported by Keshi as team captain) perhaps started the whole rumour of a "mafia".
ok my guy,do u remember what caused the rift between him and okaraji then?if you dont let me remind u,keshi and his friends always report late to camp and whenever they were in camp they always refuse to board the same bus with the home based this created so much enemity in the super eagles then.okwarji was the only one who refused to do such things and decided to mingle freely with the home based.you can confirm this stories.
the nigeria vs algeria match in enugu was the first match of okwaraji for nigeria and he was in camp early ,keshi arrived on friday with others and that was ho he behaved mostly throughout his playing time for nigeria.
you can also verify from various sources keshi always demands from hamilton the team list and anyone he feels is not good is axed .hamilton had no say or voice that wa why we had so many professionals from even india and bangldesh playing for our nationa team.but note all these happened during the time of paul hamilton
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dayokanu(m): 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2013
kj_hova:

So theres someone who can determine other posters age from the Internet? Interesting

When Westerhof took over eagles one of the first thing he did going to Algiers 90 was to drop all foreign based Eagles including Keshi.

The only ones left were Andrew Uweh Yekini and Elahor. Only an ignorant person would deny that Keshi brought the Mafia syndrome into the Nigerian team of the 90's
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 5:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
dayokanu:

So theres someone who can determine other posters age from the Internet? Interesting

When Westerhof took over eagles one of the first thing he did going to Algiers 90 was to drop all foreign based Eagles including Keshi.

The only ones left were Andrew Uweh Yekini and Elahor. Only an ignorant person would deny that Keshi brought the Mafia syndrome into the Nigerian team of the 90's

And it worked for them, didn't it?
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dayokanu(m): 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
honeric01:

And it worked for them, didn't it?

Worked for them how? Who is the them in this case?
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Worked for them how? Who is the them in this case?

The team during 1990 and 1996 even with the "mafia" thing.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
honeric01: The team during 1990 and 1996 even with the "mafia" thing.

We failed to qualify for World cup 1990 that was why the coach called the bluff of the Mafia and named almost home based eagles for Algiers 90
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 6:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
dayokanu:

We failed to qualify for World cup 1990 that was why the coach called the bluff of the Mafia and named almost home based eagles for Algiers 90

And was he not among those who went for 1994? 1992 nations cup nko?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? / Croatia Sacks Coach, Vukojevic Ahead Of England Semi-final Clash / Ndidi Carries Both Musa And Iheanacho On His Back During Training (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.