Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,215 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:40 AM

PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact (14378 Views)

Buhari May Spend One Term In Office, ‘president Already Has A Successor In Mind’ / Buhari's One-term Pledge Tears APC Leaders Apart / Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by HAH: 9:49am On Feb 18, 2013
eGuerrilla: By raising his head above the parapet, it certainly appears that this trojan horse of a Governor is prepared to fall on his own sword.

Now, while I generally refrain from offering advise to PDP henchmen, I think the likes of Aliyu are doing the North a serious disservice, by touting the inviolability of backroom agreements which fly in the face of meritocracy yet again.

Source

Where is the merit ? It was an agreement by party member it has nothing to do with the general public. Agreement is Agreement let him honour it he can decamp to PDP cohorts like APGA and Labour Party

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Demdem(m): 9:49am On Feb 18, 2013
Elueme: Which agreement are we talking here? Back door lame, informal arrangement that has no constitutional bearing or what? How does this affect the constitution of the federal republic and the eligibility of a candidate contesting elections as enshrined in the constitution. This move get to buttress the evil and cunniness of the northern governors who capitalized on the precarious situation of the president in the last general election to arm twist him into an Okija Like agreement. This desperate move by Aliyu and his clique is dead before arrival because the president like any other person is eligibly bound by the federal constitution to have a re- election and whatever, informal, verbal or written agreement he had with some persons are immaterial as far as good governance is concerned.

u are right but may not likely succeed inside the killer party. the numbers against him are quite huge. However, am quite sure money can change things. Nigerians should henceforth watch out, our external reserves is about to take a deep dive grin grin
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by figment232(m): 9:49am On Feb 18, 2013
greatgod2012: Now, its obvious that GEJ is not clueless but cunny, however, if d agreement is made public, he will learn to strictly follow any agreement made by him henceforth.
SAYS WHO
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by gonzaga: 9:51am On Feb 18, 2013
Why is the North always fond of getting people to sign agreements whenever power is about to shift? These agreements most time, negates the provisions of the constitution which is supposed to be the supreme law of the land. I think this illegality must stop as I cannot remember ever hearing that a northerner was asked to sign any agreement before becoming President.

From the days of OBJ and now GEJ, we have heard that people were either blackmailed or forced to sign some phony documents. OBJ revealed this in 2002 when some people insisted that he was elected only for one term. The governor of Niger state in a widely publicized broadcast had again said GEJ signed a one term agreement. We have not heard about the one Yar'adu signed before he became President.

This knack for getting people to sign agreement is rather absurd giving the fact that; the agreement signed by Gowon and Ojukwu at Aburi was never respected by the same Northern elements who constantly force people to sign documents. Had that agreement been respected as signed, there wouldn't have been any need for the civil war. The rest as they say is history.

Since any law that is inconsistent with the provisions of the constitution is null and void, any agreement that also negates the provisions of the constitution should suffer the same fate. The decision to run or not to run in 2015 should be the exclusive prerogative of the President and not because of any agreement or intimidation from any quarters. This madness must stop!!!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 18, 2013
GARRI (x7):
What's Aniko Briggs Saying? That GEJ signed a document under duress? That's silly and ridiculous!!

GEJ needed the support of the Northern Governors and in return for their support, he signed a one-term pact with them. So where's the idea of duress coming from?

He can renege if he wishes to, but playing the victim card is‎​ downright silly.... undecided undecided

From Day1 it has been obvious that GEJ was a snake who will do anything to stay in power.

I doubt youve ever dealt with a barely literate, "Bush" Nigerian with the jungle mentality before. All they know is "survival", so they act slow, and are usually very pretentious but very calculating, devious, treacherous and deadly. Call him clueless at your own peril, in time you'll find out hes outsmarted you using the most deceitful of means. By then, its usually too late.

Oh, and the "Bush" man will always play "victim" every time you accuse him of his wrong doing.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Wsdm: 9:58am On Feb 18, 2013
Jonathan is a strategist eventhough he is using it to suit his ambitions alone. The PDP ticket is a bygone for him. Already, the SW, SE, SS and most middle belt states delegate are at his coffer, all he needs is doll out money to some northern hungry delegate and that is it. As for me, all the wrangling going on amongst them is a welcome development. There is already an ulternative for the masses( the APC) to boot out these MAD COWS ( PDP) from the corridor of power.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by saved: 9:59am On Feb 18, 2013
All agreements and disagreements in favour of political individuals or political party against all innocent Nigerians, scatter by fire IJN, Amen!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by gagapraiz(m): 9:59am On Feb 18, 2013
Fellow Nigerians. I would advice that we all come together and pray out GEJ and his Papa Decieve Pikin(PDP) in 2015. GEJ and PDP have cause enough damage to our system as a nation. I hate people who pretend to be good and bad or, people pretend to fight corruption and are corrupt. Enough is enough. Say no to PDP... Lets give them RED CARD for their inhuman behaviour..
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Gbawe: 10:02am On Feb 18, 2013
figment232: GEJ should now realise that the battle line is drawn.He should damn any consequemces and send the EFCC after these good for nothing corrupt governors especially That BABA ALIYU with his overgrown stomach.Hediots mtcheeew!

Some of you with your blind hatred of certain folks and blind support of others. Is Aliyu more corrupt than GEJ? Next minute you will deceitfully say you want a better Nigeria yet you are here, when even our African neigbhours are becoming models of democracy, encouraging dictatorial conduct and abuse of power from the apex office in the land. Why not ask GEJ to fight corruption on its own merit rather than suggest he uses the EFCC to hound and victimise political opponents? Clearly many of us are as bad as our politicians and we probably deserve the leadership we have currently.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by gagapraiz(m): 10:05am On Feb 18, 2013
gagapraiz: Fellow Nigerians. I would advice that we all come together and pray out GEJ and his Papa Decieve Pikin(PDP) in 2015. GEJ and PDP have cause enough damage to our system as a nation. I hate people who pretend to be good and bad or, people pretend to fight corruption and are corrupt. Enough is enough. Say no to PDP... Lets give them RED CARD for their inhuman behaviour..
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Mukaz: 10:06am On Feb 18, 2013
GARRI (x7):
What's Aniko Briggs Saying? That GEJ signed a document under duress? That's silly and ridiculous!!

GEJ needed the support of the Northern Governors and in return for their support, he signed a one-term pact with them. So where's the idea of duress coming from?

He can renege if he wishes to, but playing the victim card is‎​ downright silly.... undecided undecided
He signed under duress b'cos he want power...that means is not the president of the people but of selfish interests

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 18, 2013
HAH:

Where is the merit ? It was an agreement by party member it has nothing to do with the general public. Agreement is Agreement let him honour it he can decamp to PDP cohorts like APGA and Labour Party

Agreement or no agreement, what's stopping any Northern governor from putting his own popularity to the test?

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by talktimi(m): 10:19am On Feb 18, 2013
Me thinks the APC should bother themselves with constituting themselves into a TRULY national party that carries along all regions/ethnic nationalities both major & minor and forget about the shenanigans in the PDP who will definitely take care of themselves one way or the other. Any "crisis" within the PDP or any party for that matter is just political maneuverings to project their strongest arm come the next elections.
The APC is obviously bringing out their own candidate for the 2015 presidential elections so whatever happens in the PDP shouldn't bother them. Anyways, happy voting to una grin
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by taharqa: 10:23am On Feb 18, 2013
berem: I can see someone going contrary to the agreement.Jonathan should not be trusted.he can always buy his way out.
Hvn't you made yrself an IJIOT now? Didn't you just read an article by anoda poster demostrating that oda Northern Politicians in dat said meeting made it clear that GEJ didn't agree to any agreement nor did he sign anything, that it was d Govs that 'wrote' their own agreement to save face; he simply smartly refusd to say anything and playd all of them BIG time. Even Tanko Yakassi said dis same thing. Are u dat SLOW??
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Gbawe: 10:24am On Feb 18, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Agreement or no agreement, what's stopping any Northern governor from putting his own popularity to the test?

I certainly "agree"( grin ) with this opinion. Can anyone imagine Tinubu running to the ref every second and begging for a freekick two yards away from the opponents goal? Tinubu will simply out-plan, out-dribble, outsmart and outscore everyone !!!

These Northern PDP governors should come to terms with GEJ's treachery and do what they have to do because we all already know Mr.President openly pledged to do one term. Is it not the reason why OBJ is no longer in his corner and now touting Lamido? There really is a need for some to stop belabouring the pledge GEJ made and 'cracking' on with real strategy that will deliver the Party ticket for anyone keen to fight for it.

Bringing out some document does not make their case legally enforcible. Anyone who wants to become President should get into the arena and show the belly for a fight. Like or hate Atiku, he has already shown his strategy by announcing that "zoning is dead and GEJ is free to contest in 2015".
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by vanstanzy(m): 10:28am On Feb 18, 2013
I double-dare u PDP gov'nors. U can't do it! wink wink wink
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by taharqa: 10:31am On Feb 18, 2013
kingoflag:

From Day1 it has been obvious that GEJ was a snake who will do anything to stay in power.

I doubt youve ever dealt with a barely literate, "Bush" Nigerian with the jungle mentality before. All they know is "survival", so they act slow, and are usually very pretentious but very calculating, devious, treacherous and deadly. Call him clueless at your own peril, in time you'll find out hes outsmarted you using the most deceitful of means. By then, its usually too late.

Oh, and the "Bush" man will always play "victim" every time you accuse him of his wrong doing.
No he is actuali Clueless, LOL. Or are you guys tired of repeating dat line....*laughing*

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by taharqa: 10:39am On Feb 18, 2013
Wsdm: Jonathan is a strategist eventhough he is using it to suit his ambitions alone. The PDP ticket is a bygone for him. Already, the SW, SE, SS and most middle belt states delegate are at his coffer, all he needs is doll out money to some northern hungry delegate and that is it. As for me, all the wrangling going on amongst them is a welcome development. There is already an ulternative for the masses( the APC) to boot out these MAD COWS ( PDP) from the corridor of power.
No, how wud you call him a 'Strategist'. How dare you? He is 'clueless', a 'retardeen', 'slow'- Or are u guys getting tired already more than 2yrs to the election. Plz use d 'right' adjectives, abeg...

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Godsbrown(m): 10:39am On Feb 18, 2013
U r just speaking english without substance

eggheaders: please let them release the copy of the agreement fast.and let Nigerians know the coward and power drunk fool they elected as president.and to aniko Briggs the brand of pawpaw leaf and goat excreta you sniffing is grade a.and seriously you need a session with those doctors in uselu.signed under duress my foot,hello somebody wake this nitwit from her deep slumber.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by figment232(m): 10:40am On Feb 18, 2013
Gbawe:

Some of you with your blind hatred of certain folks and blind support of others. Is Aliyu more corrupt than GEJ? Next minute you will deceitfully say you want a better Nigeria yet you are here, when even our African neigbhours are becoming models of democracy, encouraging dictatorial conduct and abuse of power from the apex office in the land. Why not ask GEJ to fight corruption on its own merit rather than suggest he uses the EFCC to hound and victimise political opponents? Clearly many of us are as bad as our politicians and we probably deserve the leadership we have currently.
My friend that is the name of the game pursue them with EFCC.When some bigots that have enough skeletons in their cupboard dere to confront the C-in-C they should be dealt with accordingly.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by BetaThings: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2013
gonzaga: [b]Why is the North always fond of getting people [/b]to sign agreements whenever power is about to shift? These agreements most time, negates the provisions of the constitution which is supposed to be the supreme law of the land. I think this illegality must stop as I cannot remember ever hearing that a northerner was asked to sign any agreement before becoming President.

From the days of OBJ and now GEJ, we have heard that people were either blackmailed or forced to sign some phony documents. OBJ revealed this in 2002 when some people insisted that he was elected only for one term. The governor of Niger state in a widely publicized broadcast had again said GEJ signed a one term agreement. We have not heard about the one Yar'adu signed before he became President.

This knack for getting people to sign agreement is rather absurd giving the fact that; the agreement signed by Gowon and Ojukwu at Aburi was never respected by the same Northern elements who constantly force people to sign documents. Had that agreement been respected as signed, there wouldn't have been any need for the civil war. The rest as they say is history.

Since any law that is inconsistent with the provisions of the constitution is null and void, any agreement that also negates the provisions of the constitution should suffer the same fate. The decision to run or not to run in 2015 should be the exclusive prerogative of the President and not because of any agreement or intimidation from any quarters. This madness must stop!!!

Why is the South always trying to hoard power?
Obj wanted 3 terms. Is that right? He even wanted to change the constitution to achieve that
Southerners have always complained that Northerners (when it suits them they say Muslims) have been ruling forever
But now if possible the south want to be in the saddle for 24 out of 27 years ie SW 1999-2007; North 2007 - 2010; SS 2010 - 2019; SE 2019 - 2026

As for the constitution, people have been lambasting the federal character principle which is in the constitution. So when do we like the constitution, when do we hate it?
I like federal character because in a country with massive unemployment, 3 states can nearly fill all federal government openings (given cry for smaller government). Now does that promote stability?
To make matters worse, a sincere person in government will still favour "his people" in employment, contracts etc because whenever there is an opportunity for jobs, contracts etc that is urgent the first set of people he will call are those whose numbers are on his phone - families, friends etc
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by farem: 10:45am On Feb 18, 2013
THE ONLY LEGITIMATE PACT IS WITH NIGERIA: IF I DONT PERFORM, OR CONFUSED, OR LOOSE TRACT, OR WASTEFUL, OR TACTLESS, OR CORRUPT, FLUSH ME OUT BEFORE OR BY THE END OF MY 1ST TERM. He has proved to be all aforementioned. There Jona must go, and ANY sane individual come ing shikena! O tan!

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by tpapi: 10:45am On Feb 18, 2013
Agreement or no agreement,only d supreme court can stop gej for contestin in 2015 n am stil imagining wat d reason wil b

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by taharqa: 10:46am On Feb 18, 2013
Gbawe:

I certainly "agree"( grin ) with this opinion. Can anyone imagine Tinubu running to the ref every second and begging for a freekick two yards away from the opponents goal? Tinubu will simply out-plan, out-dribble, outsmart and outscore everyone !!!

These Northern PDP governors should come to terms with GEJ's treachery and do what they have to do because we all already know Mr.President openly pledged to do one term. Is it not the reason why OBJ is no longer in his corner and now touting Lamido? There really is a need for some to stop belabouring the pledge GEJ made and 'cracking' on with real strategy that will deliver the Party ticket for anyone keen to fight for it.

Bringing out some document does not make their case legally enforcible. Anyone who wants to become President should get into the arena and show the belly for a fight. Like or hate Atiku, he has already shown his strategy by announcing that "zoning is dead and GEJ is free to contest in 2015".
Yea!! The way he 'outsmartd everyone' in d last Ondo Elections... What position did he 'carry' again?? Just asking...

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by eggheaders(m): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2013
Godsbrown: U r just speaking english without substance

I pass mehn.my new year resolution is to stop talking with peeps with I.q lower than that of a toddler.piss out.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by motif8(m): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2013
honestly am just laughing in my office, Jona is this and Jona is that, he hasn't played is card and they are crying. and come to think of it he hasn't come out to say he is contesting or not they are crying although there are lots of breaklight showing he will run. well my advise for northern governors let them go and form a new party because GEJ will not drop thje baton yet, they have made his 1St term miserable for him and we want him to do it again because we know he can do it.

another thing is that did he sign agreement that we will be bombing u throughout the one term? they need to apologize to GEJ and support him to second term

and to those who think they gave him backing, rememher that they did that because of cash and oil well they got in return, nothing goes for nothing, they new their brother Atiku cannot be controlled ajnd that's why they played for Jona

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Gbawe: 10:47am On Feb 18, 2013
figment232: My friend that is the name of the game pursue them with EFCC.When some bigots that have enough skeletons in their cupboard dere to confront the C-in-C they should be dealt with accordingly.

They were not bigots when they went against the Northern consensus candidate to deliver the delegates GEJ wanted. Now, suddenly, they are bigots for reminding GEJ that "one good turn deserves another". These Northern PDP Governors are not called "Moderate" for nothing. You can certainly disagree with their stance but it is patently unfair to call them bigots.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Gbawe: 10:53am On Feb 18, 2013
taharqa: Yea!! The way he 'outsmartd everyone' in d last Ondo Elections... What position did he 'carry' again?? Just asking...

Can you ever use your brain at all assuming you even have one ? What has a gubernatorial general elections relying on the voting public, that returned a performing incumbent, got to do with intra-Party political strategizing reliant on getting other politicians on board? It is not by force to talk. Olodo.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by honprof1(m): 11:00am On Feb 18, 2013
[quote author=figment232]GEJ should now realise that the battle line is drawn.He should damn any consequemces and send the EFCC after these good for nothing corrupt governors especially That BABA ALIYU with his overgrown stomach.Hediots mtcheeew![/quot

Try to flash back from the starting of JEG administration , read perfectly btw lines with carful analysis of his governance immediayely after Yar'Adua 's death till today , u will find out that he is most corrupt and careless President in d world.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by iykak47: 11:04am On Feb 18, 2013
HAH:

No agreement is bigger than the constitution of Nigeria which gives GEJ power and right to seek re-election in 2015.
Those guys are afraid to contest against Jonathan, they want to get to Aso rock through Appiam way.

Sai Jona.
Fresh Air till 2019.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by danny301: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2013
gonzaga: Why is the North always fond of getting people to sign agreements whenever power is about to shift? These agreements most time, negates the provisions of the constitution which is supposed to be the supreme law of the land. I think this illegality must stop as I cannot remember ever hearing that a northerner was asked to sign any agreement before becoming President.

Some of u have allowed ethnic-ism to becloud ur senses of reasons and that have made you terribly bad Judges... Mind you, what they are talking here is PDP's internal politics and the pact that earned Jonathan northern support with which he defeated a Northern Candidate.... What's wrong if they people want GEJ to honor that pact that gave him the party's ticket ahead of others..... Mind you, politics is again of interest, hence no reasonable man or group will support you where their interest is not guaranteed and that is where negotiations and agreements come in..... GEJ did put gun the peoples head to secure their supports rather he negotiated with them which is what politics entail.... Am neither for the Northern Govs or for GEJ, but i like to say is that if GEJ, actually had such agreement them let him honor it, besides, even now i dont see GEJ winning PDP primaries without the same Northern Govs.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Joey82(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2013
I'v always said it, I hate the governors forum,
they are the single most united, most influential group that controls the polity
they 'appoint' the president at their whims and caprices,
they appoint senators, house of rep members, LG chairmen, ministers commissioners and even councilors.
they are same peeps that send delegates to presidential primaries and they decide who the delegates vote for.
i dont know but i strongly feel in a long time to come, the governors amongst them will rule this country and change power among them.
there is hardly any force out there formidable enough to stop them and too bad for GEJ that he entered such an ungodly arrangement with them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries / Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps / Police Reacts To Report Of Officers Protesting Unpaid Allowances Since 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.