Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,230 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:37 AM

PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact (14379 Views)

Buhari May Spend One Term In Office, ‘president Already Has A Successor In Mind’ / Buhari's One-term Pledge Tears APC Leaders Apart / Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by figment232(m): 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
miiraaj:

That is GEJ's only option!
sO U THINK.LOOSER!
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by figment232(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
miiraaj:

Chei! What nonsense are you talking!

Can't you identify a failure when you see one?

I wonder how some touts get access to the internet!
He is talking sense ma broda
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by BetaThings: 12:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
icon aus:

Failure in 2 yrs ? what about other past leaders who ruled for 8yrs or more . What did they acheive ? nothing instead they created hydra headed problems for GEJ. Go rest jare!! Is all about ethnicity , regional interest . Statusquo is changing SW and North are not comfortable with that. As long as the core North is occupying the presidency , SW is fine with it since this arrangement keeps the South east at bay . Thats just Nigeria politic but now that statuoquo is changing hence the ACN and the APC and SW marginalisation whining

All the refineries were built by people who achieved nothing
All the major bridges were built by them
new federal capital by them
All the pipelines were built by them
Most of the airports, federal universities etc

I don't like Obj but GEJ would not have achieved anything in the power sector without the electricity act of 2005 which allowed reforms
GEj is completing some NIPP projects started by another person
Somebody paid off debt, GEJ is borrowing. With the debt still hanging GEJ would have been seriously distracted by debt servicing
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by victorD3: 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
frodobee: People seeking attention- adamu ciroma style. A looser seeking prominence. It was obvious that the north had lost out in equation of power in the last election, so an agreement if any, was meant to assuage their pride(ignorance). Why i do not support GEJ, i do not see any reason in this arguement, afterall, non of them ill-performing Governors did a single term in their respective states.

Period!

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by BetaThings: 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
icon aus:

Honour wetin? just say u dont want GEj . He has to finish his second term . Is becuase Gej is from SS? If IBB or Obj is in the same shoe as Gej, will people be talking rubbish like this . This is a man that has just spent only 2 yrs in office . Obj was in office for 8 yrs without acheiving anything . This is all about ethnicity . Some ethnic groups are losing grip of Nigerian goodies - good positions,contracts etc which they have been enjoying for the past 45 yrs and therefore, they resort to character assasination of Gej personality, bombing , negative campaign to pull him down or make him look bad . it will not work . If Gej is stopped from having 2nd term , that ll be the end of Nigeria. Nigeria disintegration come 2015 has been predicted . All these developments are pointers to this prediction. If the north and SW still want one Nigeria, they should allow Gej to complete his 2 nd term . I am not from SS . Just trying to analyse the situation. Nigeria today is different from Nigeria of yestaday.

I think we should stop threatening disintegration
Nobody guarantee that he will survive it. That is in the hand of God
We can have the national conference now if GEJ wants
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by ukpaku: 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
Elueme: Which agreement are we talking here? Back door lame, informal arrangement that has no constitutional bearing or what? How does this affect the constitution of the federal republic and the eligibility of a candidate contesting elections as enshrined in the constitution. This move get to buttress the evil and cunniness of the northern governors who capitalized on the precarious situation of the president in the last general election to arm twist him into an Okija Like agreement. This desperate move by Aliyu and his clique is dead before arrival because the president like any other person is eligibly bound by the federal constitution to have a re- election and whatever, informal, verbal or written agreement he had with some persons are immaterial as far as good governance is concerned.
only u fit give am pdp primary ticket?
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by gare(f): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2013
fkaz:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/pdp-governors-to-release-jonathans-one-term-pact/

I am so disappointed in the country called Nigeria, why do we have to hear funny stories about the Government every now and then, everyday we must hear something New About GEJ, his ministers, PDP, or their allies, I will strongly advise that GEJ quietly leaves office at the end of his tenure, he has brought disrupt to the Office of the PRESIDENCY, know single regard for that position, no charisma, everything goes, some one will just wake and say something about that office, is this what is tenable in other countries ?

We must start Now to look for a President that is free of so many scandals, if not him it is allies, or wife, or brother or from his state, or what have you, which ever parties that produces the president is fine by me (APC, PDP, APGA, Labour, ANPP,AC,ETC.).
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by victorD3: 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
This is only heading one way

1) The north will want to stop Jonathan from contesting and will be very close to achieving that

2) Then Chief clark will remember his formidable weapon "The AMALGAMATION of Nigeria for 100 years trial period". The south south elders will head to UN with these documents

3) The north being parasites will want to stop this by renegotiating with Jona to stay till 2019

End of story.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Gbawe: 12:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
ikwere militant: we re waitng mr politikal analyst

We will see Mr.Feudalist.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by BetaThings: 12:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
victorD3: This is only heading one way

1) The north will want to stop Jonathan from contesting and will be very close to achieving that

2) Then Chief clark will remember his formidable weapon "The AMALGAMATION of Nigeria for 100 years trial period". The south south elders will head to UN with these documents

3) The north being parasites will want to stop this by renegotiating with Jona to stay till 2019

End of story.

Really? Sir Clark should go to the UN very very quickly because after trying to win an election and failing, the doctrine of estoppel will halt any trip t the UN
BTW - nobody is really afraid of dis-amalgamation
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by iconaus: 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
BetaThings:

All the refineries were built by people who achieved nothing
All the major bridges were built by them
new federal capital by them
All the pipelines were built by them
Most of the airports, federal universities etc

I don't like Obj but GEJ would not have achieved anything in the power sector without the electricity act of 2005 which allowed reforms
GEj is completing some NIPP projects started by another person
Somebody paid off debt, GEJ is borrowing. With the debt still hanging GEJ would have been seriously distracted by debt servicing

Some people are actually re not touch with global issues. Economic recession is current now. Even the so called developed countries re cryin go to uk, Spain, Greek even usa no jobs , their economies re nose diving not to talk of Nigeria where there is corruption. Gej cannot do magic. Those past leaders like obj what did they do even the time of oil boom . Make una go sit don jare . Tribalists

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by rasputinn(m): 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
Hot air,hogwash,very very empty noise
There was NEVER an agreement and the Minna mallam knows this too well,except he has forged one
What happened then at the meeting with the governors was that they asked GEJ to give them his word)especially Babangida Aliyu and Murtal Nyako)that he would not seek a second term,GEJ kept mum,it was Tony Anenih that stood up and said "Yes he will not seek a second term".Now everybody knows that cannot be taken as anything concrete,how much more to be referred to a "signed" agreement by GEJ
Mallam Alihu please spare us
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by iconaus: 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2013
[quote author=gare]

I am so disappointed in the country called Nigeria, why do we have to hear funny stories about the Government every now and then, everyday we must hear something New About GEJ, his ministers, PDP, or their allies, I will strongly advise that GEJ quietly leaves office at the end of his tenure, he has brought disrupt to the Office of the PRESIDENCY, know single regard for that position, no charisma, everything goes, some one will just wake and say something about that office, is this what is tenable in other countries ?

We must start Now to look for a President that is free of so many scandals, if not him it is allies, or wife, or brother or from his state, or what have you, which ever parties that produces the president is fine by me (APC, PDP, APGA, Labour, ANPP,AC,ETC.).

Another tribalistic mind. Before nko? Nija Na story right from independence to aburi accord to civil war to abiola to abaca to obj continue to gej
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Gbawe: 1:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
Pennywise: If Jonathan was an effective leader, no one will pay any attention to this Governor. Unfortunately he has disappointed everybody. Infact he has failed. His image makers and jobbers can scream all they want but that is what they are paid for. We expect no less. Come 2015 he must leave Aso rock.

This is the undiluted truth even as sycophants do their best to mop up the sordid mess on the floor caused by GEJ and GEJ alone. His dramatic loss of goodwill, even beyond Nigeria, comes because his performance , and the nauseating antics of his government, is way below even the minimum expected of Nigeria in this day and age.

He runs the Nation so ineptly, he must be the butt of joke among world leaders. For example many world leaders will wonder why GEJ has failed to act when a public document, being the submission of a solution-provision committee, suggests that Nigeria , as the only major oil exporter doing so, must immediately stop the odious and corruption-abetting practice of selling its endowment through traders.

How can you receive a directly suggested solution like that you have total discretion and power to adopt immediately yet you fail to act in the interest of what is best for the nation you lead? They will wonder why this man abets theft against his nation for even one second if not a thief himself !!!!!!!

It is glaring inaction like that, whatever his sycophants want to come out with, that makes many home and abroad to view GEJ as being a big part of the problem and a compromised, gradualist 'tool'.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by confetti(f): 1:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
But he doesn't need to publish the letter na, who doesn't know uncle Gej signed such agreement? I remember during those their PDP in house magomago, Adamu Ciroma after getting the signed copy wanted a video evidence from Gej to which he bluntly refused. That was when I knew he wasn't gona go for any one term. One more reason to buttress this is Gej's Seven year single term proposition which invariably means 2 tenure.

As far as am concerned, its no news. Wish they could destroy themselves and give Nigeria a breathing space.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Bambela(m): 1:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
Desparate Aboki, it is either GEJ in PDP or Rochas in APC or no Nigeria come 2015. Why Northerners are so frustrated in this way? 5 years out of 100 years you ruled? If not madness, who would discuss politics of any kind while his house is on fire? Do Nigerians good Aliyu by quenching fire that is currently threaning the unity of the country you are desparet to rule. Since the ravaging effect of Boko Haram,no serious condemnation had come from any northern governor . What borthers them most is how to wrestledown power from GEJ . Put your house in order Aliyu
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
GARRI (x7):
What's Aniko Briggs Saying? That GEJ signed a document under duress? That's silly and ridiculous!!

GEJ needed the support of the Northern Governors and in return for their support, he signed a one-term pact with them. So where's the idea of duress coming from?

He can renege if he wishes to, but playing the victim card is‎​ downright silly.... undecided undecided

So you get sense like this?
I thought your brain was filled with garri . . . cheesy
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by bajosky: 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
tongue grin cheesy whom God has blessed no man can curse.
GEJ till 2019 if not him then who?:-P
good for nothing northern governors forum:-P;-)
Cool down & xpect EFCC VISITATION

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by teadrake(m): 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
Rubbish!!less i forget,Let nigerians shift Party,The pdp government are just too callous and greedy.4billion for mission house,Police pension scam,Farouk-otedola Etc.What A country!!!
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
IMO, Northern Governors are lookin for a reason to quit PDP and join APC.:/
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by misterseed(m): 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
If this is true, then we really have a problem of honor in our nation.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by KINGwax(m): 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
The article you all read is quite different from wot I read. The whole thing as read by me is: 'why wld a sane man who bilivd in himself, enter into a pact jes to win?' This type of man to me, doesn't av d interest of the nation at hand, and is power drunk!
To me, he is not even worthy to be called a man!!! He is a coward and a fool!!!!
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by ABAKA72(m): 2:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
Lol. So this chimpanzee is scheming to be Nigeria's President through the back door.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Moves: 2:35pm On Feb 18, 2013
Aliyu..should just shut up... These guys should quit acting as if they take action for the benefit of Nigeria..nope the only reason why Aliyu and his cohorts supported GEJ was because of their own Presidential ambition becos if Atiku had worn and ended up spending a term or two Aliyu and his cohorts have no ground to want to contest the presidential ticket in PDP in say 2019, so the dolt should quit speaking as if he is the mouthpiece of the north..if GEJ who I believe is currently a big failure should decide to renege on whatever promise he made in past due to his own ambition its his business and its in keeping with the style of 99% of our elected officials as they renege on their promises to Nigerians, so Aliyu and cohort got served and are welcome to join us ordinary nigerians that his ilks continually renege on their promises.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by HAH: 2:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
The governors forum is the strongest body in Nigeria, they are even stronger than the constitution cos they can gang up and enforce changes in it through stooge legislator.

Toy with them at you peril.

GEJ and cohorts should take note
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by taharqa: 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
berem: dude,its high time you stopped quoting me if you dont have any reasonable thing to say.I can see you are as Dumb and D.aft as your pay master.Quit following me around all in the name of quoting me.Jerk!! angry
I was right aftall. You rili are an IJIOT...

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
HAH: The governors forum is the strongest body in Nigeria, they are even stronger than the constitution cos they can gang up and enforce changes in it through stooge legislator.

Toy with them at you peril.

GEJ and cohorts should take note

Governors forum is stronger than the constitution?
A body not even recognised by law?
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by muktarmtt(m): 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
Demdem:

Exactly, infact he also knew that the 100% bloc votes from the SE/SS wont be enough to give him the presidency unlike what many here keeps saying.
Yeah tell all does dumb ass ppl who tink GEJ cn win a election wit out d sport of d north never d less south east he cn even win primarys is with out dem
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by DeepSight(m): 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
Gbawe:
For example many world leaders will wonder why GEJ has failed to act when a public document, being the submission of a solution-provision committee, suggests that Nigeria , as the only major oil exporter doing so, must immediately stop the odious and corruption-abetting practice of selling its endowment through traders.

How can you receive a directly suggested solution like that you have total discretion and power to adopt immediately yet you fail to act in the interest of what is best for the nation you lead? They will wonder why this man abets theft against his nation for even one second if not a thief himself !!!!!!!

Sorry, i'm a bit slow today. Can you please clarify this post and speak specifically.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by ademo1: 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
Abagworo: IMHO I think Jonathan can leave his foot prints in the sands of time by conducting a neutral free and fair election as an umpire and not aspirant. He can also leave a negative foot print by contesting and rigging again as done in 2011 but the difference is that the resultant crisis will wipe off a generation of Nigerian leaders. The army will definitely take over after a civil unrest which will be targeted at politicians and their friends. Infact if Jonathan declares he's contesting in 2015, I will relocate with my family to a safer country and watch the crisis on CNN and Al-Jazeera.
u are a comedian man. but to let u kno dat GEJ was massively voted for in the 2011 general election but disappointed the electorates. God should give us a chosen leader, AMEN
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
Demdem:

Exactly, infact he also knew that the 100% bloc votes from the SE/SS wont be enough to give him the presidency unlike what many here keeps saying.
As if votes will count
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by kinguwem: 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2013
Most nigerian leaders are unproductive & egocentric. Gov. Aliyu has not solved the problems of poverty, unemployment etc. in Niger State. Is it not funny that he wants to be President of the FRN? A person that wants to be a President shouldn't be talking about a fake local agreement but should convince nigerian that he is qualified for the job. We know that they earn a living through politics. He can find his way to the senate or perhaps send his wife there to bring more revenue to his family like his predecessor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apga Lg Tour: Dunukofia Stands Still For Apga Campaign Team(photos) / Timipre Sylva: NNPC Is Building Europe-Bound Pipelines To Deliver Gas / NLC Is Doing Controlled Opposition - Morris Monye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.