Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,397 members, 7,901,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:59 PM

PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact (14403 Views)

Buhari May Spend One Term In Office, ‘president Already Has A Successor In Mind’ / Buhari's One-term Pledge Tears APC Leaders Apart / Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by muktarmtt(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
figment232: GEJ should now realise that the battle line is drawn.He should damn any consequemces and send the EFCC after these good for nothing corrupt governors especially That BABA ALIYU with his overgrown stomach.Hediots mtcheeew!
Bleep u ass hole let him send militry not efcc he will still b down cluless idiot u even sound lyk him mumus of d first oder
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by danny301: 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
Bambela: Desparate Aboki, it is either GEJ in PDP or Rochas in APC or no Nigeria come 2015. Why Northerners are so frustrated in this way? 5 years out of 100 years you ruled? If not madness, who would discuss politics of any kind while his house is on fire? Do Nigerians good Aliyu by quenching fire that is currently threaning the unity of the country you are desparet to rule. Since the ravaging effect of Boko Haram,no serious condemnation had come from any northern governor . What borthers them most is how to wrestledown power from GEJ . Put your house in order Aliyu

What sort of English are you speaking/writing?
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by nagoma(m): 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2013
Elueme: Which agreement are we talking here? Back door lame, informal arrangement that has no constitutional bearing or what? How does this affect the constitution of the federal republic and the eligibility of a candidate contesting elections as enshrined in the constitution. This move get to buttress the evil and cunniness of the northern governors who capitalized on the precarious situation of the president in the last general election to arm twist him into an Okija Like agreement. This desperate move by Aliyu and his clique is dead before arrival because the president like any other person is eligibly bound by the federal constitution to have a re- election and whatever, informal, verbal or written agreement he had with some persons are immaterial as far as good governance is concerned.

You may not understand promises when you are making them. But keep them anyway. That is honor.

And remember, this is a PDP affair. Nothing to do with us, other Nigerians. They can present the Reterdeen again at their peril, because he will lose and badly so.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Gbawe: 3:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
Deep Sight:

Sorry, i'm a bit slow today. Can you please clarify this post and speak specifically.

can i suggest 4 cups of strong black coffee instead?
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by HAH: 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Governors forum is stronger than the constitution?
A body not even recognised by law?

Yes that is the reality because the wish the NGF always go through.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by nagoma(m): 3:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
BetaThings:

Really? Sir Clark should go to the UN very very quickly because after trying to win an election and failing, the doctrine of estoppel will halt any trip t the UN
BTW - nobody is really afraid of dis-amalgamation

You are right. Even if the grumpy old man survives another 2 years.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by jpphilips(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you !!! I will never understand why Nigerians, often well-educated, choose to be sentimental and biased, to the extent of blinding themselves to what is obvious, when ethnicity is thrown into Politics. This is not the North bullying GEJ. Nothing of the sort. It is GEJ reneging on the pledge he made to Northern governors in his Party to secure the support that defeated the Northern consensus candidate i.e Atiku.

I don't know why some love revising history once the ethnic angle is worked by treacherous characters. Anyway, some will realise why the PDP is regarded as a "Northern Party". I will first urge some children here to go and look at the PDP voting delegates according to region. With GEJ's open treachery, let us see if even one Northern candidate will dare vote for GEJ. South West delegates Nko? Is it SS and SE PDP delegates alone that will win it for GEJ?

Why do people think team GEJ has thrown the idea of "automatic return" for it's Presidential and gubernatorial candidates in the public domain if not that some now realise that GEJ stands no chance of gaining the PDP ticket under the system of delegate voting?

as much as you have a point, i doubt if it will play out that way, the Northerners did not sacrifice Atiku on a platter of paper agreements, they had a cash offer of $7,500 for their votes after which the delegates where quarantined,also there was an automatic return ticket for the delegate Govs for their respective states, guaranteed by the acting president, that is why most people are skeptical of a "consensus" North in 2015.

joboy will surely cut them a deal come 2015, APC remains the near shaker in the equation if Buhari and tinubu will sheathe their ambitions, as much as i love Buhari but i think he is no longer conventional for Modern politics, but at least let him be an influential force in the APC party.

An Oshiomole presidency will be the cracker.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Demdem(m): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
ikwere militant: nd who tod uapc will hav 100 percent block vote in the west or even the north.

nothing in my post which u qouted suggested such. Infact i doubt if u even understand what u qouted
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by ddeola: 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
Abeg,make the bros honour him pact
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Demdem(m): 4:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
ikwere militant: u guys re to in a hurry wait till 2015 let's see if its ur fada dat will emerge as pdp flag bearer

Do u really need to bring up ur miserable father's issues to this thread. We know u guys are cursed and to be honest, thats none of our business here. This topic again is about the retardeen's desperation for power.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Demdem(m): 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
ngozievergreen:
As if votes will count

i suspected likewise and that was what gave birth to this post of mine. grin grin

Demdem:

u are right but may not likely succeed inside the killer party. the numbers against him are quite huge. However, am quite sure money can change things. Nigerians should henceforth watch out, our external reserves is about to take a deep dive grin grin
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by nagoma(m): 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
Paraphrasing Greg Behrendt;

" Don't be with someone who doesn't do what they say they are going to do. He does'nt respect your feeligs and needs.Be aware and realize that he is okay with disappointing you."

For Godsake we have more than enough of GEJ, even if he was competant he clearly has no honor.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by kutchs: 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
Am very sure if such an agreement do in fact exist, Tanko Yakassi a powerful figure in the Arewa Consultative Forum should know. Am surprised his coming out today to rubbish the agreement claim.

Anyway the Governors should do us a favour to release the pact as signed by all parties involved. It amounts to foolishness condemning GEJ when we haven‘t seen the agreement. Whether it exists or not is all a matter of speculation, I expect informed minds to know better than pass value judgement.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by talktimi(m): 5:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
The sooner SE & other ethnic minorities in Nigeria realize that they are of no importance to the northerners and SW the better. No minority individual or south easterner will ever have peace if he should step into aso rock as president. when northerners said they will make Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ, they were not mincing words and we are all witnesses to what BH has been doing since the inception of this administration same will befall a minority president from any other tribe who dares become president.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by DeepSight(m): 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
Gbawe:

can i suggest 4 cups of strong black coffee instead?

Lol, come on na. I am not always so slow, you know? I actually have an idea, but i don't want to jump the gun or make assumptions. You are clearly speaking of the processes in our oil industry. Please just be specific, I am not looking to argue, I just want to be informed. Thanks.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
taharqa: No he is actuali Clueless, LOL. Or are you guys tired of repeating dat line....*laughing*
Imbecilic bush man, I have almost 3thousand posts, go through each one, if u find just ONE where I refered to that dunce as clueless point it out and I promise u wateva amount u demand and I'll also close my account on NL. I have NEVER considered, or refered to, GEJ as clueless. I have ALWAYS described him as deceitful, clannish and deceptive--- even before he was ever elected President---how Nigerians couldn't see this is beyond me. Unlike ur hungry self that's just supporting him with no type of benefit to ur life or that of ur obviously wretched lineage, some people do actually know him and what he's capable of.

Take ur time and go through my posts. I'm waiting.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
talktimi: The sooner SE & other ethnic minorities in Nigeria realize that they are of no importance to the northerners and SW the better. No minority individual or south easterner will ever have peace if he should step into aso rock as president. when northerners said they will make Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ, they were not mincing words and we are all witnesses to what BH has been doing since the inception of this administration same will befall a minority president from any other tribe who dares become president.
OBJ was President for 8yrs.... Oh, I forget, he's Fulani that's why they didn't drop bombs everyday like Henry Okah and co.

Nnamdi Azikiwe collaborated with the North to shortchange the West and put Nigeria in it's present quagmire. Oh, wait, Azikiwe was a direct descendant of Uthman Dan Fodio....my bad.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
kutchs: Am very sure if such an agreement do in fact exist, Tanko Yakassi a powerful figure in the Arewa Consultative Forum should know. Am surprised his coming out today to rubbish the agreement claim.

Anyway the Governors should do us a favour to release the pact as signed by all parties involved. It amounts to foolishness condemning GEJ when we haven‘t seen the agreement. Whether it exists or not is all a matter of speculation, I expect informed minds to know better than pass value judgement.
Wait, wait, wait.... Why do we have to wait on Mallam Yakassai's word when when we can easily Google history and check how many times he Promised Igbos and the North the presidency if they let him gulp $30,000 meals everyday for 4yrs?
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
It's inevitable that if GEJ returns in 2015, that civil war y'all been trying to avoid with prayers instead of action will definitely breakout. It's Rwanda all over again, baby.

Don't blame or cuss at me, I'm just a good student of history.

Smh Damn, Nigerians are dumb as hell.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by COOLDUN: 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
Whether GEJ signed the agreement under Durex or Gold Circle Condom , what we know knwo is that agreement is agreement, whether respected or rejected. Is ruling a country a must? is he a kid to be forced to sign an agreement that is not favorable to him? so now you and your GEJ are remembering that the Nigerian masses has the final say in the political arena? Ok we have heard. I agree that a very important agreement of 1967 in Aburi Ghana was not respected which makes every agreement in Nigeria to be null and void , but the negligence and poor treatment to the Nigerian masses is enough to send GEJ/PDP parking in 2015.

There is a need to try another person.But if the the Political parties in the country can not produce a credible candidate then let all the countries in Nigeria go to their different ways. Remaining in Nigeria under the leadership of GEJ/PDP after 2015 is a suicide mission. APC with the people i am seeing there is the same thing as the PDP. Democracy since 1999 is a big disaster in Nigeria.

GEJ, you have to save your face by bringing back the Aburi 1967 agreement, so that Nigeria can start from there to honor agreements, but if you think that you can fool the masses like 2011, you have really stabbed yourself in your eyes.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
jp philips:

as much as you have a point, i doubt if it will play out that way, the Northerners did not sacrifice Atiku on a platter of paper agreements, they had a cash offer of $7,500 for their votes after which the delegates where quarantined,also there was an automatic return ticket for the delegate Govs for their respective states, guaranteed by the acting president, that is why most people are skeptical of a "consensus" North in 2015.

joboy will surely cut them a deal come 2015, APC remains the near shaker in the equation if Buhari and tinubu will sheathe their ambitions, as much as i love Buhari but i think he is no longer conventional for Modern politics, but at least let him be an influential force in the APC party.

An Oshiomole presidency will be the cracker.

Very correct. Buuuuuuttttt.... If APC fields anyone else as a Presidential candidate, it's a wrap; GEJ returns. Why? The Northern votes will be split, Westerners will sit it out again and the usual 99.8% voters will surely do their damage again.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by taharqa: 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
kingoflag: It's inevitable that if GEJ returns in 2015, that civil war y'all been trying to avoid with prayers instead of action will definitely breakout. It's Rwanda all over again, baby.

Don't blame or cuss at me, I'm just a good student of history.

Smh Damn, Nigerians are dumb as hell.
Then Let d Civil war COME. Who the helll is afraid of it... Although, who is going to precipitate it. Pips who are already scard to death of the prospects of doing electoral battle with a 'weak' INCUMBENT President?? What do you tink all these NOISE is all about. What most of us see in you chaps is FEAR, and not Strength. And u guys are right- you ought to be rili AFRAID...
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Doncolio(m): 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
eGuerrilla: By raising his head above the parapet, it certainly appears that this trojan horse of a Governor is prepared to fall on his own sword.

Now, while I generally refrain from offering advise to PDP henchmen, I think the likes of Aliyu are doing the North a serious disservice, by touting the inviolability of backroom agreements which fly in the face of meritocracy yet again.

Source

Blaaaaarbing at its utmost peak. I asked him and so?....silence is taken as consent. He has and had mouth to say YES/NO. Combined heads of scammers, rogues, thieves, ole, barawo, onyeshi/onyeberibe.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by gp66(m): 7:05pm On Feb 18, 2013
we are talking about politics where anything can happen. If he really sign such alleged agreement i believe he did it for political reasons.

If the north want power by all means i will advise GEJ to join other party and run for second tenure. We vote for personalities and not for parties. I believe GEJ administartion is trying their best to deliver dividends of democracy to over 160m people with different ethnic groups and culture. If u say the presidency has not done anything, i wil advise u to ask yourself what has your state governor or LG chaiman done to improve the lives of their indigenous pple.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Doncolio(m): 7:08pm On Feb 18, 2013
Elueme: Which agreement are we talking here? Back door lame, informal arrangement that has no constitutional bearing or what? How does this affect the constitution of the federal republic and the eligibility of a candidate contesting elections as enshrined in the constitution. This move get to buttress the evil and cunniness of the northern governors who capitalized on the precarious situation of the president in the last general election to arm twist him into an Okija Like agreement. This desperate move by Aliyu and his clique is dead before arrival because the president like any other person is eligibly bound by the federal constitution to have a re- election and whatever, informal, verbal or written agreement he had with some persons are immaterial as far as good governance is concerned.

Look before you leap...if you must talk, let it be because you have something to say.
Did I hear you say cunning northern governors. If you must know, birds of same feather flock together. If you are not cunning, you can't eat and wine with cunning people and remain the gang leader. Be a nigerian, it will do you good. Than whatever region or tribe you think you are from.
A word is enough for the intelligent.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
taharqa: Then Let d Civil war COME. Who the helll is afraid of it... Although, who is going to precipitate it. Pips who are already scard to death of the prospects of doing electoral battle with a 'weak' INCUMBENT President?? What do you tink all these NOISE is all about. What most of us see in you chaps is FEAR, and not Strength. And u guys are right- you ought to be rili AFRAID...
Why are you ranting like a looney? Who is afraid of war? Me?! Lmaooooo. You and urs will die like the worthless chickens u are while me and mines will view the carnage on CNN while texting our dismay and disappointment online to the world at what could have been from like 3000 miles away.

Lmao smh You guys are so clownish it's no longer even funny.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by omanzo02: 7:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you !!! I will never understand why Nigerians, often well-educated, choose to be sentimental and biased, to the extent of blinding themselves to what is obvious, when ethnicity is thrown into Politics. This is not the North bullying GEJ. Nothing of the sort. It is GEJ reneging on the pledge he made to Northern governors in his Party to secure the support that defeated the Northern consensus candidate i.e Atiku.

I don't know why some love revising history once the ethnic angle is worked by treacherous characters. Anyway, some will realise why the PDP is regarded as a "Northern Party". I will first urge some children here to go and look at the PDP voting delegates according to region. With GEJ's open treachery, let us see if even one Northern candidate will dare vote for GEJ. South West delegates Nko? Is it SS and SE PDP delegates alone that will win it for GEJ?

Why do people think team GEJ has thrown the idea of "automatic return" for it's Presidential and gubernatorial candidates in the public domain if not that some now realise that GEJ stands no chance of gaining the PDP ticket under the system of delegate voting?

Are u so timid that ethnicity politics is not limited to Nigeria, Advanced democracy like Belgium, Spain , Germany and Switzerland with different ethnic nationalities are into it. Confederation is the part solution to Nigeria's problem, the North and south-west alliance politics won't hold water in 2015, other ethnicities will come forward with other unattainable demands, there is going to be boycotte here and there, the Nigeria army will have their hands full with crisis, we will see how they are going to subdue everyone this time around.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
omanzo02:

Are u so timid that ethnicity politics is not limited to Nigeria, Advanced democracy like Belgium, Spain , Germany and Switzerland with different ethnic nationalities are into it. Confederation is the solution Nigeria's problem, the North and south-west alliance politics won't hold water in 2015, other ethnicities will come forward with other unattainable demands.
Hey, I see what you tried to do here--- Hide ur bigotry beneath pretence of neutrality. Sorry, we r not buying it.

In those countries u mentioned, they work first for the interest of the country before identifying as Flemmish or Catalans. But, u don't have to believe me and u can keep on attacking the truth as told by Gbawe while being more shortsighted than a Guinea Pig.
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
. ...Rather GEJ than an Aliyu, Babangida or Atiku. .the rogues have given Nigeria decades of misrule and are now crying foul because a son of the nation's treasure house is in power.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by nagoma(m): 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
toksesho: . ...Rather GEJ than an Aliyu, Babangida or Atiku. .the rogues have given Nigeria decades of misrule and are now crying foul because a son of the nation's treasure house is in power.

He is in power with the capacity of a Mollusk. Nigerians are sick and tired of his cluelessness and reckless unwanted corruption in the directionless government he is suppose to be heading. Can't you see ? Are you also dumb- like him? kiss angry
Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
Again they are wasting their time with these silly agreements

All the PDP Governors need to do is to mobilise and defeat GEJ at the polls if they are so powerful

There is no need deciding the election before the election itself

The President has the constitutional right to contest for another term if he so pleases!!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact by Hilaskee(m): 10:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
Anybody in a democracy is at will to go into agreement on a particular issue but d truth is dat d whole concept of zoning elective position has no basis in an ideal democracy. That agreement cannot hold waters because it is contrary to the provisions of the Nigerian constitution where no agreement can deprive any eligible citizen from exercising his fundamental rights of voting and been voted for; right to nationality; right to democracy; rights to his freedom of wanting to represent his people if they want him...If he agrees to abide by d terms of d agreement, FINE; but if he refuses, no court of law can deprive him his rights accorded him by the constitution which ofcourse is d grundnorm of Nigeria. That's just d truth!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Kabir Marafa: "We Know The Zamfara Criminals But Can't Name Them" / CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi / Jubril: Kanu Is A Drug Addict Who Shouldn’t Be Taken Seriously – Arewa Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.