Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,668 members, 7,911,804 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:14 PM

Black Romance Is Boring - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Black Romance Is Boring (9578 Views)

7 Signs Your Online Romance Is Not Real Love / Guys See What Nigerian Ladies Prefer...online Romance Is No Longer The Deal / mm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 2:11am On Mar 22, 2008
Chacal:

@ Danity,

You must admit it is one-sided for Black couples.
A Black sister's idea of romance in Nigeria is to cook goathead stew for her husband.
In return, she wants a boat-cruise or a romantic weekend in Hawaii. . . . . .How does that add up?

As for the bust-size, i do mind. I don't want to be choked to death. grin grin grin
Black sistas should sort themselves out and act straight.
Like the scriptures say, You REAP WHAT You SOW.

As for the loving her for her looks. . . . . Thats hypocrisy at the very top level.
I must like what i see before i even take the 1st step of chatting u up in the first place SO LOOKS COUNT.
Any man that comes here to say otherwise is deceitful!!!!!
Any man that says otherwise - knows what's up.
Looks count - sure but do they have to be what your relationship is based on?
If you sow a few nights of goathead soup, at least a massage or one day's vacation should be reaped.

I won't even answer you about the bust size anymore. You know what you can handle so i guess big boobs are not your style smiley

@ faketan,
Not every fat woman is lazy. Some of them can't lose weight after they pop children out. Some are genetically fat. Smartness, however, counts. A woman who cannot carry herself has issues.
Also, if you've been romantic but the ladies have been cruel to you - you've been looking in the wrong places.

@ Stillwater - thank you oooo. They will drink beer and start grooming pot bellies. grin grin grin
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by 4Him(m): 2:13am On Mar 22, 2008
stillwater:

What are you guys saying? Is it not the naija man that starts grooming pot bellies competing with the wife on who's belly grows larger as if they did not eat in their mother's house before marrying the woman.

how many men develop a potbelly? very few.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 2:14am On Mar 22, 2008
@ Stillwater,

Negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

African men are expected to look robust in marriage. . . . . There should be signs of good living. cheesy grin
Besides, why compare a man to a woman in this issue? A man does not need a lot to be aiiiiight.
It is the woman that must make sure she looks fit so her husband will not be lured by super-sexy divas out there.

A Naija woman stops taking care of herself once she is married.
All u get to see on em is traditional wear like Rachel Oniga. . . . .Body weight triples and everything just blow up like NITRO.
Do u really think Black brothers find that attractive?
The annoying thing is u folks are the first to cry FOUL when a brother eyes a beyonce-esque chic. grin grin grin cheesy wink
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 2:16am On Mar 22, 2008
4him, how many naija men do you know?

@ Chacal - stop being a sexist. angry angry angry angry tongue
Men and women should have equal expectations. If the man is going to be fit throughout his marriage and look nice as well, what stops the woman from being motivated to look good for her man?
It's a 2-way thing.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by faketan(m): 2:17am On Mar 22, 2008
danity:

Any man that says otherwise - knows what's up.
Looks count - sure but do they have to be what your relationship is based on?
If you sow a few nights of goathead soup, at least a massage or one day's vacation should be reaped.

I won't even answer you about the bust size anymore. You know what you can handle so i guess big boobs are not your style smiley

@ faketan,
Not every fat woman is lazy. Some of them can't lose weight after they pop children out. Some are genetically fat. Smartness, however, counts. A woman who cannot carry herself has issues.
Also, if you've been romantic but the ladies have been cruel to you - you've been looking in the wrong places.

@ Stillwater - thank you oooo. They will drink beer and start grooming pot bellies. grin grin grin

You can 'told' me that again. We all know that overweight could be genetical. What it means is that you have to work harder than the ordinary person to stay fit, not that you cannot stay fit. That is what science says about the fat gene.

Who says that nature is fair. But you always have a remedy. The problem is that the will power to stay fit is not there. 'after all I am married'
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 2:24am On Mar 22, 2008
@ faketan,

May God Bless You.
Their excuse is AFTERALL, I AM MARRIED. NO ONE IS PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT I WEAR and REH REH REH.
Whatz wrong with a Black sista looking smart, sexy and appealing to her husband?
They throw away caution and embark on a horrendous eating habits. . . . swallowing 40 chunks of beef everyday while cooking. grin cheesy

@ Danity,

Is it that obvious i am sexist? tongue tongue tongue tongue
The crux of the issue is a woman must look after herself. . . . .  . .
Once that condition is met. . . . a brother will co-operate and treat a sister in the right way.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Nobody: 2:24am On Mar 22, 2008
Stillwater . . . when you people stop grouping us as above we will stop stereotyping too.  tongue

The topic was all about black romance being very boring in movies. You guys made it into a subject of Nigerian men knowing no iota of romance. Guilty conscience, I presume tongue

how many men develop a potbelly? very few.

The men parading themselves as your leaders in the Senate house have what? Fake Pregnancy pads? I cannot count how many men that I see that  have their trousers underneath or on top of a well rounded belly.

A Naija woman stops taking care of herself once she is married.
All u get to see on em is traditional wear like Rachel Oniga. . . . .Body weight triples and everything just blow up like NITRO.
Do u really think Black brothers find that attractive?
The annoying thing is u folks are the first to cry FOUL when a brother eyes a beyonce-esque chic.    

Do you think we find it attractive when we see the men disfigured from too much eba?
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 2:29am On Mar 22, 2008
Chacal:

@ Danity,

Is it that obvious i am sexist? tongue tongue tongue tongue
The crux of the issue is a woman must look after herself. . . . . . .
Once that condition is met. . . . a brother will co-operate and treat a sister in the right way.
Well then, if a man is spoiling his woman silly with attention, she'll want to please him in every way. When there is no romance, what's the use in keeping herself fit? It's not like the guy notices anyway.
Sexism won't get you very far. You need to be less sexist so you can be excluded from the typical naija men population tongue

@ faketan - it's not a problem of "after all, i'm married". It's more like "after all, he doesn't care"
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 2:34am On Mar 22, 2008
@ stillwater,

I disagree with u.

How often do u see 20-yr-old MEN looking 35 in Nigeria? Lets be realistic.
Now lets flip the coin over. . . . .How often do u see 22-yr-old women in native attire looking 50? I see it everytime.
It seems Black women age quickly more than black men. . . . . something has to be wrong somewhere.
Imagine what Liv Tyler or Julia Roberts would have looked like if they were Nigerians.

@ Danity,

It does not work that way.
In reality, 1+1 is not always 2.
Women take men for granted when men go attention-crazy.
Have u ever wondered why the wives of wife-beaters tend to stay with em despite the domestic violence and stuffs? grin grin cheesy
Don't get me wrong. . . . I don't like violence!!!  It's just a THUNK. grin grin
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by faketan(m): 2:38am On Mar 22, 2008
danity:

[@ faketan - it's not a problem of "after all, i'm married". It's more like "after all, he doesn't care"

Until you catch him eyeing a cute and smart lady who may be older than you are.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 2:44am On Mar 22, 2008
Chacal:

@ Danity,

It does not work that way.
In reality, 1+1 is not always 2.
Women take men for granted when men go attention crazy.
Have u ever wondered why the wives of wife-beaters tend to stay with em despite the domestic violence and stuffs? grin grin cheesy
Don't get me wrong. . . . I don't like violence!!! It's just a THUNK. grin grin

Cheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! shocked shocked
So what some men like you do is to make yourselves attention-deficient?
Have you ever wondered if some women actually like the attention because it reassures them of their positions in the man's life?
In reality 1 +1 is not always 2. However, for you to be married to a woman whom you're attention-crazy over, y'all are going to have to understand each other.
You're talking as if your wife wouldn't really know much about you.
She would have to understand that all the romance is so that she can add her side to make the marriage sweeter for both of you.
faketan:

Until you catch him eyeing a cute and smart lady who may be older than you are.
Yeah - then everything clicks into place or she shows the man pepper for looking at that cute, smart lady. It goes both ways. smiley
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Nobody: 2:45am On Mar 22, 2008
I disagree with u.

How often do u see 20-yr-old MEN looking 35 in Nigeria? Lets be realistic.
Now lets flip the coin over. . . . .How often do u see 22-yr-old women in native attire looking 50? I see it everytime.
It seems Black women age quickly more than black men. . . . . something has to be wrong somewhere.
Imagine what Liv Tyler or Julia Roberts would have looked like if they were Nigerians.

Those poeple you mentioned are celebrities. My sisters and I look far younger than teenagers in America here. Have you seen the average American woman? they don't take care of themselves as you think they do. Don't be deceived by what you see on television. It is not in my family to age quickly than our male counterparts, my mother definitely looks younger than my dad. Come down your high horse tongue
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 2:50am On Mar 22, 2008
@ Stillwater,

We are talking about Nigeria.
Everyone knows about the weight issue in USA so lets not go there.
Lets use Nigeria as our case example. wink wink wink

@ Danity,

Thats the secret. . . . . .
When a woman gets loads of it. . . . she doesn't value it.
However, give it to her in drops and she will be lapping it up and chasing the man up n down for it.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 2:53am On Mar 22, 2008
Chacal:

@ Danity,

Thats the secret. . . . . .
When a woman gets loads of it. . . . she doesn't value it.
However, give it to her in drops and she will be lapping it up and chasing the man up n down for it.
The games just don't stop even in marriage.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 2:57am On Mar 22, 2008
danity:

The games just don't stop even in marriage.

C'mon Danity Kane!!!!!!!!!!!!

You of all people should know the games between a man and a woman can never stop.
The politicking is the same. . . . . teasing and testing the waters, etc.
Do u really expect a man to show all his cards on the table? You are having a laugh.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 3:02am On Mar 22, 2008
Chacal:

C'mon Danity Kane!!!!!!!!!!!!

You of all people should know the games between a man and a woman can never stop.
The politicking is the same. . . . . teasing and testing the waters, etc.
Do u really expect a man to show all his cards on the table? You are having a laugh.

Well, being straight-forward would consume less energy and save more time.
Teasing and testing the waters?
I can't emphasize enough. A man who lays his cards on the table at the right time gets it all at once, in my opinion
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by faketan(m): 3:03am On Mar 22, 2008
danity:

Yeah - then everything clicks into place or she shows the man pepper for looking at that cute, smart lady. It goes both ways. smiley
And who will you blame? You said 'after all i'm married' means 'afterall he does not care' where as he cares.

It is then that you will know he cares. Why will you show him pepper when you took your face value for granted.
Baby you gotta look good for your man. It is very necessary. Unfornatelty, in some places in nigeria, how fat your ass is, is a measure of how wealthy you are. And when you raise your hand and shout praiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise the lord, your bicep fat will be obstructing the vew of those around you. grin grin grin
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 3:09am On Mar 22, 2008
faketan:

And who will you blame? You said 'after all i'm married' means 'afterall he does not care' where as he cares.

It is then that you will know he cares. Why will you show him pepper when you took your face value for granted.
Baby you gotta look good for your man. It is very necessary. Unfornatelty, in some places in nigeria, how fat your ass is, is a measure of how wealthy you are. And when you raise your hand and shout praiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise the lord, your bicep fat will be obstructing the vew of those around you. grin grin grin
LMAO!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You are so mean
Did you not just see what Chacal said 5 seconds ago?

Well trust me - I plan on looking good for my man at anytime and it's something all women have to keep doing. It's a process. But then he's gotta strive to be more romantic because then I know that the way I look drives him crazy in ways that no other woman can and this alone - makes the woman even want to look better. She knows that all her efforts are not in vain. IN other words, it's a freaking cycle. smiley
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 3:11am On Mar 22, 2008
@ faketan,

Is it only the bicep fans?
I was in Lagos 2 years ago when an okada man vehemently refused to ride with a woman because of her weight.
He said the woman busted his tyres THRICE in one week. grin grin grin
Meanwhile, this woman will go home to their hubbies and ask for a vacation in Hawaii.
What is she going to be wearing to the beach? Bikinis? In those triple layers of blubber?

@ Danity,

A man who lays ALL HIS CARDS on the table is regarded as a fool 9 out of 10 times.
You can take it to the bank with interest.
Men like that suffer heartbreaks and sometimes, painful death than the other category.
If u don't believe me, ask Jack Dawson(TITANIC).
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 22, 2008

22 yr old looking 50, that's outrageous. Maybe you wear old men glasses that make you see old women cheesy.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 3:16am On Mar 22, 2008
There is a limit to which I can laugh but Dang - that was hilarious.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Jack Dawson was the definition of a man in love.
That's different from romance entirely.
He was completely taken and he did succeed in keeping Rose from marrying that chauvinist of a fiance.
He also got some opportunities that no other man ever got.
He was the only man that Rose loved and I'm sure she loved him because she knew what he was about. No GAMES!
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 3:23am On Mar 22, 2008
@ Danity,

Did u just say Jack was the only man Rose loved?
I disagree with u.
Jack was stupid and died a painful death putting all his cards on the table.

Do u agree Jack was a survivor and could have survived the freak shipwreck on his own?
But, the guy threw caution to the wind. . . . followed his groin instead of his head.
At the end of it all, he was in the water while Rose was on the raft(They could have taken turns to reduce the effects of the HYPOTHERMIA).

The most annoying thing was when he died. . . . If Rose really loved him like u claim, she should have died with him.
Bonnie n Clyde died together. . . . . Thats ma own definition of TRUE LOVE!!!!! grin grin cheesy grin
Rose survived. . . got to NY safe n sound and most likely got anutha man in the same month!!!!!! tongue tongue
Women?? ?? Kill 'em before u kill a BLACK MAMBA. . . . . . . .tssssssssssssssssk, tsssssssssssssssk.

@ stillwater,

I don't wear glasses.
Nigerian women tend to age quickly.
Its like they are operating on CAT YEARS.   1 YEAR = 9 YEARS. grin grin grin
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by faketan(m): 3:24am On Mar 22, 2008
sam sam una no go kill me with laf here.  grin grin grin

\danity true true, there is no man whose wife keeps smart that will not appreciate it.

First he will like to go out with you and flant you befoire his friends, meaning he will not be ashamed to go out with you. ,

But when you go out with your wife for a function and your friend asks you, 'Is she your mother? grin grin grin

What will you do next time if you are the man?
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 3:31am On Mar 22, 2008
@ faketan,

I think i have heard sumthing like that before.
The guy's mates thunk the lady was their friend's mum and they all growled. . . .HI MUM. grin grin grin grin
I would kick maself to death if that happens to me. tongue tongue
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 3:31am On Mar 22, 2008
Lol - both of you cannot kill me this night.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ah ahn!

@ Chacal - Jack died for
love. How many black men can do that? Even in black movies gan sef, when the death is not real, it still takes time and effort to pretend to die. Leonardo delivered his death for love as real and as passionate as possible. So you can't die for a woman you love? What kind of selfish love is that?

@ Faketan, whichever man carries is motherly-looking wife to parties is stupid. But he can still romance her within the walls of his house. Must he take her out?
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 3:35am On Mar 22, 2008
@ Danity,

Of course, i can die for a woman i love.
However, i have to be sure she can die for me as well before i take such a dive!!!!
Fair exchange, innit??(as Oxford Circus residents will say). grin cheesy grin
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Nobody: 3:36am On Mar 22, 2008
@ stillwater,

I don't wear glasses.
Nigerian women tend to age quickly.
Its like they are operating on CAT YEARS.   1 YEAR = 9 YEARS.

The women you are describing here are the ones suffering under the military regime of their husbands, why won't they stress up? cheesy
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by faketan(m): 3:40am On Mar 22, 2008
stillwater:

The women you are describing here are the ones suffering under the military regime of their husbands, why won't they stress up? cheesy
I had a neighbour whose husband gives a signed empty cheque but she wears , wonders shall never end. She refuses to look for God knows why.
is the husband to blame?
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 3:42am On Mar 22, 2008
Chacal:

@ Danity,

Of course, i can die for a woman i love.
However, i have to be sure she can die for me as well before i take such a dive!!!!
Fair exchange, innit??(as Oxford Circus residents will say). grin cheesy grin

Fair exchange? Better for one to die than both to die. Why save no soul when there is opportunity to save one?
Jack knew they could both die. Better her than him. He loved her!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In your case - i do agree as well though.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Nobody: 3:44am On Mar 22, 2008
I had a neighbour whose husband gives a signed empty cheque but she wears , wonders shall never end. She refuses to look for God knows why.
is the husband to blame?

Some women don't have good dress sense but did the husband ever complain to you?
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by faketan(m): 3:47am On Mar 22, 2008
Why would he complain to me? Did I contract their marriage?
I gave that example because you said such people who age fast do so because they are suffering under the military rule of their husbands.
This one is not suffering under any military rule.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 3:48am On Mar 22, 2008
stillwater:

Military regimes?
Even here in the UK? Me thinks NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe it's in their DNA.

It must be their eating habits and some other factors.
Nigerian women are something else when it comes to adding flesh in their matrimonial homes.
They just go SHREKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

@ Danity,

Nah. . . . . .  .Rose was selfish.
In ma own opinion, she killed Jack. . . . She had the opportunity to go in a lifeboat, she refused.
Jack had to carry her as a burden. . . . . I am 100% sure Jack could have survived unharmed if he was all by himself.

When it mattered most(when Rose could have shown the love was mutual, she abandoned his dead body)!!!
Why not take it like a babe. . . . .stay there with him and die together and prolly rot together in HELL.
Bonnie n Clyde are household names till date because they died together. . . . .They were LEGENDS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? / He Is So Romantic / .........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.