Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,198 members, 7,974,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:08 PM

Black Romance Is Boring - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Black Romance Is Boring (9639 Views)

7 Signs Your Online Romance Is Not Real Love / Guys See What Nigerian Ladies Prefer...online Romance Is No Longer The Deal / mm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Romance Is Boring by merge(f): 5:13am On Mar 22, 2008
@ Chacal

He is acting like he just came from the air.

Every woman love us and we so good. LOL
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by 4Him(m): 5:14am On Mar 22, 2008
danity u've been hitting us with low pot belly blows all evening.  grin
Take it like a lady.

I know that hair texture differs for black sistas, all we ask however is that you pay a lot more attention to it.
For a white chic all she needs is shampooing once a day and she's good to go . . . the black sista needs to do a lot more than that.
I used to see chics who came to college with braids and carried them for 4 good months!  shocked Haba!
Any romantic ideas the guy ever had evaporates the minute he sniffs that hair.

Stillwater, i personally like braids on a girl especially the tiny braids that you can run ur fingers through. Just let it be neat, that's not too hard to ask.

And pls stop with all these chung hao yu wigs you people fix as weave ons. Its so fake i can almost imagine ur white colleagues are probably laughing at u in the coffee room.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 5:18am On Mar 22, 2008
lol! You know what tiny braids do to a girl's hair? It makes it worse. When getting out these braids - out comes your hair too.

@ Chacal - I refuse to answer you anymore. Guys hide more stuff about them than you know. Lie about age, name, status - it doesn't all have to be physical.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 5:22am On Mar 22, 2008
@ Danity,

If the hair gets too difficult to be tamed, pls scrape it off.
Who knows, u could be finer without your hair.
Nothing ventured, nuthing gained. grin grin grin grin

Take a look at this woman and tell me whatchu think?
I will rather have this woman than go home with a glued n dyed hair.
Dry-cleaners charge fortunes these days for making em sheets WHITE. grin

Re: Black Romance Is Boring by TheSly: 5:23am On Mar 22, 2008
danity:

Lol - Sly, you're the one telling me that. cheesy cheesy tongue
I'm not so sure about it since you're up here dissing naija girls anyhow calling them fake.

I didn't include Danity remember? cheesy
Not all are fake but many of them are. . . . . . cool

Sly you have to understand that certain shoes require a certain kind of walk. There are different kind of babes, remove your fake seeing glasses and see real babes cool

Lol. . . . .If i am the only person with all these facts!, i would have agreed with you that i am using fake seeing glasses . .
But im not the only one here. . .so u mean all of us here are using the same glasses? cheesy

don't blame us blame God!!!!!!
God created everything perfectly!. . . .u dont have to be fake! tongue
Black is beautiful! thats what i know. . .u dont have to fake it i say! cheesy

Imagine a naija lady spending lots of bucks on a hair-style and at last. . .
She was looking exactly as if u drop a rat inside water. . . . . cheesy
Naija chicks eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh!! i hail thee!!!
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by merge(f): 5:24am On Mar 22, 2008
@ Chacal

You are just showing your ignorance.

Not every Nigerian woman wear weave.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 22, 2008
Are u trying to say there's no Naija chic that has got all these things naturally?
I don't want to believe that. . . . . The mentality is the key.
Every Naija chic believes she needs a long hair, the whole make-up shebang, wonderbra, girdles, butt-pads and all other paraphernelia.

Wow do you really think this applies to just naija women? Just watch the Tyra Banks show even Oprah, if you are opportuned. I don't use butt pads, wonder bra, girdle, I use make up when necessary, it does not make me fake tongue

The most annoying thing is they even dictate the kind of men they want.
What right has a Naija Chic with no hair on her head got to say she cannot date a bald, pot-bellied or short guy?
Blimey. . . . .everything about a Naija girl is fake. . . . .the vertically-challenged ones even cover their heights with high heels.

Not necessarily the vertically challenged, there are certain clothes that are more cuter with high heels.

What can a guy do? We got nuthing to hide. . . . . and we have been forced to accept all these nonsense.
Life is so unfair, it sucks.

Stop crying, life is not unfair neither does it suck
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 5:27am On Mar 22, 2008
@ Chacal, No wahala.
I'll take permission from those who might be devastated from my loss of hair.
As an experiment, i'll cut off my hair. Then I'll come back on NL in 6 months and tell you all my findings.

Sly - how are you sure i'm not one of the innit girls?

P.S. The lady is very pretty
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 5:28am On Mar 22, 2008
@ Danity,

Thank u, babes.
U have come around.

@ Stillwater,

Life is unfair and it sucks.
It's time u quit using fake hair to wow us guys.
Shave ur hair if it gives u trouble. . . . . .U might even look better than u are now.
Tell me u dont like the woman in the pic.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Nobody: 5:29am On Mar 22, 2008
@ chacal I cut my hair during secondary school and I looked like Ikechukwu through out my years there, so please lets not go there, bad memories I say shocked
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by TheSly: 5:31am On Mar 22, 2008
Sly - how are you sure i'm not one of the innit girls?
Beyond reasonable doubt. . . .
I am very sure at least with the way you type. . . tongue

I cut my hair during secondary school and I looked like Ikechukwu through out my years there, so please lets not go there, bad memories I say

Yes go cut ur hair tongue
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 22, 2008
sharrraaapppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by danity: 5:34am On Mar 22, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Beyond reasonable doubt. . . .
I am very sure at least with the way you type. . . tongue
smiley smiley smiley cheesy
It's good to know someone has faith in my genuine behaviour.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 5:36am On Mar 22, 2008
@ stillwater,

What does Ikechukwu look like??

U should try it again and go natural.
Fixing weave-on and braids damage your hair. . . . . .
Blimey, u see some hair on women and u have to shake ur head!!!!!!
The continuous use of various relaxers have changed the texture n colour of their natural hair.
All u see is dirty brown, gray, green and sometimes orange. grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 22, 2008
Ikechukwu is just a boy's name. I meant I looked like a boy, and very ugly if I might add. grin
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 5:43am On Mar 22, 2008
@ Stillwater,

I see. The Ikechukwus of this forum will be gunning after u.

Wait a min. . . . .U cannot even compare your secondary school days to now, can ya?
U were still young, still growing up and wouldn't know the tricks about bringing your face to light.
Now, u got money, resources and the whole shebang. Show some guts. . . . shave ur hair.
U got nuthing to lose. . . . If it goes pear-shaped, go back to your wig!!!!!!
If it goes well. . . . . .stick to it. I am sure ur parents will be proud of u. cheesy grin
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 22, 2008
Too much of a risk cheesy, you would not be there when I'm at the center of ridicule!!!!!!
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 5:50am On Mar 22, 2008
OK, I give up!!!!!!!!!!

I have been able to convert Danity. . . .
There is an air of inevitability about it. . . .I knew u would always prove difficult. wink wink wink
One of ma counsellors will contact u. U might still change ur mind!!!
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by almondjoy(f): 6:19am On Mar 22, 2008
This is too hilarious to even comment. grin grin grin
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by faketan(m): 6:27am On Mar 22, 2008
almondjoy:

This is too hilarious to even comment. grin grin grin

Thought you were asleep?
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by almondjoy(f): 6:30am On Mar 22, 2008

Chacal (m)
London

Re: Black Romance Is Boring
« #70 on: Yesterday at 11:16:36 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ Almondjoy,

I suspect u have been westernised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Don't tell me u now have got the mentality that anything BLACK will always come out EVIL. . . .
An experiment was done sometimes ago. . . . .100 black kids were given a white teddy and a black one EACH.
They were asked which one was EVIL. . . . .ALL of em chose the black teddy. . . . Can u beat that??

Are u aware the other race actually prefer our own movies to theirs?
An average Black man has got drama in him, it's in his DNA.
The only thing missing is a good producer/director and errrrm, errrm MONEY!!!!

You want me to name 25 great black movies? I am not sure i can but let me run a list.

Soul Food, Best Man, Sugar Hill, Foxy Brown, Malcolm X, A Time To Kill, Shaft.

Higher Learning, Coach Carter, The Brothers, Jason's Lyrics, Boyz-N- The Hood.

Brown Sugar, Barbershop, Lean On Me, Menace II Society, American Gangstar, Amistad.

Set It Off, Training Day, Ali, New Jack City, Poetic Justice, Ray and Two Can Play That Game.    

Ideas of romantic movies?  Why am I not surprised? undecided  Amistad?  New Jack CitY?  I wish you all the best in your romantic encounters. Just leave the hunting knives and shot guns at home when you take those cross dressers out on your dates. I think your idea of romantic music will be something like "Who Let The Dogs Out"? cheesy

I don't hate anything or everything black.  I just do not like to give undue credit to things or people who do not earn them.  Call a spade a spade!  Lets face it, we do not have to be romantic as a "black" race.  I am willing to accept that.  It is not by force please.  I will take the sports section or Comic View any day on BET!

May God help the future black generations in the romance department!

Amen!

@Danity

Welcome ooooooooooooooooh!   New poster! wink  You have covered all bases, so nothing else to discuss here! cheesy
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by almondjoy(f): 6:32am On Mar 22, 2008
faketan:

Thought you were asleep?

Sure was!. . . . and forgot to show up at work and ended up waking up in beads of sweat.  Only to arrive 90minutes late. cry These oyinbo peeps don tire for ma wahala sef! grin  After eating beans and yam for a nice romantic friday night dinner. What can I say. . . an idea of a nice romantic dinner according to the 'black race"! grin Sleep just carry me like no man's business!

Back to work jare. Will be breezing in and out as usual to keep awake. This beans has not digested at all! cheesy
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by faketan(m): 6:41am On Mar 22, 2008
Enjoy your work while digesting your romantic beans.
do not fart please
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by almondjoy(f): 9:21am On Mar 22, 2008
Still on the subject. "fartin" or "farthing" = romantic expression in the "black" race!
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by faketan(m): 11:57am On Mar 22, 2008
almondjoy:

Still on the subject. "fartin" or "farthing" = romantic expression in the "black" race!

SHOOOOO! grin grin you. . .
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 1:33pm On Mar 22, 2008
@ Almondjoy,

Where were u last night when we were ripping y'all??

Anyways, ma idea of a romantic music is not who let the dogs out-ruff ruff ruff!!!!!!!!!
The list i made was just the top 25 black movies of all time. wink wink wink

Give credits to the black peops. They are gradually getting there.
Very soon, Genevieve will be a bond girl.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by merge(f): 2:32pm On Mar 22, 2008
This thread is stupid. It is just filled with stereotypes.

It is a two way street

You can not blame just the Nigerian women for lack of romance or the men.

Both are to blame.

To the remarks that Nigerian women just want money, this is stupid.
Most Nigerian men use their money to get the women they want, but if you don't want
a gold digger then why are you using your money to impress her in the first place. You will be
surrounded by women who love money. You can not eat your cake and have it. Every thing comes with
a price.

I have been in situation when a Nigerian men wanted to buy me something expensive but I said no.
I could have used him for his money but I believe a relationship should be deeper than that.
Men give women the opportunity.

Men like Chacal come here to complain but he is the cause of why he date women that love money.
This is a fact because look at the Movie "Coming to America"

Coming to America is the best romantic movie of all time. Maybe it did not make the most money in comparison to other romantic films
but I think this is the best.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Dreloaded(f): 3:50pm On Mar 22, 2008
Typical of people to change this thread into something completely stupid. We are discussing the difference in the ROMANTIC MOVIES. STay On TOPIC please!

Soul Food - eh, just ok
Best Man - not bad but not great
Sugar Hill, - never seen
Foxy Brown - not ibto the blaxplotion movies
Malcolm X, - great movie
A Time To Kill - not a black movie.
Shaft - meh
Higher Learning, - not bad
Coach Carter,- wack! Better off watchiong Lean On Me
The Brothers, - The Brothers or 4 BROTHERS? 4 Brothers is actually one of my favs
Jason's Lyrics, - meh
Boyz-N- The Hood. - pretty good.
Brown Sugar,- um NO
Barbershop - No
Lean On Me - Yes
Menace II Society - Pretty good
American Gangstar - not exactly a black movie but was good
Amistad - pretty ok
Set It Off, -pretty ok
Training Day, - not bad
Ali, - Will Smith is overrated
New Jack City, - good!
Poetic Justice, - eh
Ray - pretty ok
and Two Can Play That Game - ehhh

Anyway, Only a handful of romance movies are good and the black ones make up like 0.01%, they are not very smart ad they rely on dumb black sterotypes all the time. It's annoying.

Let them make an "Atonement" and maybe I'll take them seriously.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2008
@ D-reloaded,

Never seen Sugar Hill?? What planet are u from?
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by SweetT1: 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2008
@D-Reloaded

Are you serious?

Training day
poetic justice
Ray
Best man
Pursuit of Happiness
Baby Boy
Bad Boys (1&2)
Remember the Titans
Tyler Perry's Why did i get i married?.

These are great movies all around movies not just great black movies. And the greatest all around movie is[b] JOHN Q [/b]

Open your eyes ! wah!
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Chacal: 5:54pm On Mar 22, 2008
You can add Dead Presidents, LIFE, Coming To America n Why Do Fools Fall In Love to that list.
Re: Black Romance Is Boring by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2008
@Sweet T
Sweet T:

Pursuit of Happiness
this one na romance? na wa oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If She Doesn't Submit Don't Commit,throw D Jezebel To The Streets / Lagos Girl Burn Social Media With Her Open Boobs / See What I Did To My Madam. ( I'm in trouble)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.