Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,291 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:01 AM

Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? (50504 Views)

Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles / Babayaro: Keshi Is Confused / Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by sucess001(m): 8:28am On Mar 20, 2013
Hez a flent communicator even with a british accent. i am sure if he asked to join the NFF,CAF or even Supersport, he ll get a decent pay. Let him go and work!
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by vislabraye(m): 8:30am On Mar 20, 2013
Babayaro chop life well well sha. But I don't think its any body's fault he's bankrupt.
When he played for the country, he was heavily compensated.
When he played for Chelsea, he was one of the highest paid player.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by olakunle13: 8:31am On Mar 20, 2013
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by bigx(m): 8:39am On Mar 20, 2013
shymexx: Lmao... The guy isn't bankrupt - he still cruises around London in big whips with one of my big naija uncles... Heck, he's now a top don hustling everywhere and getting paid on the low...#LowKey

He might not be as rich as he was when he played for Chelsea, but the doozy is still richer than at least 80% of Nigerians...

His lifestyle and women messed him up but he's still getting paid...

Big ups to the great Celestine Babayaro of Chelsea - I started supporting Chelsea in Sec. because of him, Tony Andre Flo, Ruud Gullit, Zola, Le Saux, Dan Petrescu, Chris Sutton, Jimmy Flyod Hasselbaink, Leboeuf etc... Then we later added Vialli, Didier Deschamps, George Weah, Marcel Desailly etc..

Have you heard of the term "negative cashflow" before?

2 Likes

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by okebaba: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2013
I am bankrupt too and i need help

I knew this guy in Kaduna, all he dose is to cruse around town with different girls, he bought one of them a porch car and lives a luxury life-style. so let him understand that GARRI can serve as breakfast joor

grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 20, 2013
I think the guy is proud with money.there are millions of unemployed graduates in nigeria needing urgent help...all is well.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 20, 2013
lrguru: Just send me celestine's FB handle, let me recommend more friends
Nairaland una wicked. See talk
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 20, 2013
okebaba: I am bankrupt too and i need help

I knew this guy in Kaduna, all he dose is to cruse around town with different girls, he bought one of them a porch car and lives a luxury life-style. so let him understand that GARRI can serve as breakfast joor

grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Best joke ever
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by bigcycs: 8:52am On Mar 20, 2013
4bobo: ummmm, when he was being told to behave well during his time, he was busy displaying his arrogance and neglecting training and coaches, BUT prefares carrying 'chicks' ups and downs the beaches, now money don finish , na me go come borrow am? YOU CHOP ALONE , YOU DIE ALONE...
OSAZE SHOULD ALSO LEARN FROM THIS, BECAUSE THEY HAVE SIMILAR CHARACTER.

Osaze will most likely wind up broke if he is not careful now.. He is racking up fines left right and center at his current club ,all for issues bothering on indiscipline and arrogance and he is 31 which means he hasn't got many more years.
he is even considering buying out the rest of his contract at west brom. Sombody needs 2 talk to osaze real quick.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Godyke(m): 8:52am On Mar 20, 2013
See how people hurriedly run into conclusion that Babayaro is broke and requires urgent lift. We should be able to differentiate between bankruptcy and poverty. Could somebody pls define Bankruptcy and poverty?

1 Like

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Finestlex(m): 8:55am On Mar 20, 2013
Mr Celestine Babayaro,since you're broke my advice is for you to go back to your village..
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Dee60: 9:00am On Mar 20, 2013
Senior footballers had an initiative sponsored by Segun Odegbami to help the younger ones plan for the future. I really hope the story is not true. If he had that kind of salary and now became bankrupt then it could happen again even if you give him one million dollars today. Enrol him in a school urgently to learn a trade.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by stagger: 9:01am On Mar 20, 2013
I also served my country in NYSC and endured 11 months without pay from my place of primary assignment.

When Cele was busy carrying women up and down, he did not know that the money will finish one day?

Obafemi Martins that was withdrawing and spending his entire 75,000 a week in Newcastle was almost going the same way until his financial advisers got the courts to freeze his withdrawals.

Chop alone, die alone. Let those he helped during those years he spent in Chelsea (TEN GOOD YEARS) and Newcastle help him. That is if he can point to one person.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Opali(m): 9:10am On Mar 20, 2013
Luk at wht u are writing or are u practicing 414 in dis forum. u jus pik pen n begin 2 wryt wht u lyk. did celestine ask u 2 raise money or if money is raised who is goin 2 b de handing ova officer. maybe u r d one, u r also d funding chairman. If u lyk charity wk culdt u visit motherless home, wht about helpless widows, how many pple out of millions jobless Nigerian hav u toch their lyfs. my frnd u beta go bak 2 sleep whn u wake up u rethink about wht u shu ryt.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Vincent41(m): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2013
joseph1013: Lend a helping hand for what? Did he give me any money while he was raking in tens of thousands of dollars weekly. He earned in a week what alot of nigerians will not earn in a lifetime? Why are we like this? Why do we have the mentality that someone else should take care of our shortcomings. Is it my fault that he failed to plan for retirement? Does he not know that he'd not play football forever? Pls and pls, nobody should disturb me o.
That is how some of these present players will come in the future and tell us they are bankrupt. If they like they should not invest the millions of naira and dollars they are earning now. All the gifts and cash being given to them should be judiciously used. A player's career is very short. Only a FOOL will not put that in perspective.

hahahahahahahahha...laugh wan tire my pant...dis guy is funny.....guy u are mouthe
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by umbawo(m): 9:16am On Mar 20, 2013
2000/2001 this guy really terrorized our babes back then in ABU zaria ( Congo campus). Still remember how he approached a girl in the campus and arrogantly stopped her on her way to class and said " do u know who I am? And she said beep u.. And walked away! Omo see as boys laugh the guy...
God no dey sleep ooo.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by shyvicky: 9:16am On Mar 20, 2013
babayaro has enjoyed his life around the world and if he couldnt save and plan his feature then that means he will still be broke again,let mikel obi,dbanj,and many other stars like inyanya enjoying yvone nelson and so on learn from the failled heroes,like majeck fashek and many others and help people now to recieve help tomorrow
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by HAH: 9:19am On Mar 20, 2013
Eric Djemba Djemba too is not as broke as some of you think at least he still plays football at Hapoel Tel Aviv in Israel and they pay him meanwhile before coming to israel he was in a club in Denmark and Qatar.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by olabiz2010: 9:25am On Mar 20, 2013
Who is Celesting Babayaro? A person's name, animal, place or thing
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by hardbody: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2013
bigx:

Have you heard of the term "negative cashflow" before?

I am not an accountant and would love to be educated on this. How can cashflow be negative? I have heard of Negative SHAREHOLDERS funds, and i seem to understand that very well but cannot immediately relate with negative cashflow. Is it to do with borrowed funds?
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by hardbody: 9:31am On Mar 20, 2013
bigcycs:

Osaze will most likely wind up broke if he is not careful now.. He is racking up fines left right and center at his current club ,all for issues bothering on indiscipline and arrogance and he is 31 which means he hasn't got many more years.
he is even considering buying out the rest of his contract at west brom. Sombody needs 2 talk to osaze real quick.

Bring him down to Synagogue and let TB lay hands on him. I will pay his taxi fare to the church. (my widow's mite)
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by pappilo(m): 9:37am On Mar 20, 2013
shymexx:

Who's this guy and where are the BNP/EDL members in Chelsea or anywhere near SW/West London?? SMFDH!!!

I'm from London(born and raised) and I worked at Stanford bridge as a steward when I was in college on weekends and I never met any racist football fans there... Most of Chelsea supporters are rich and middle-class - and only Tottenham can boast of more rich supporters in London than Chelsea... And Arsenal is like the black people's team of London... I doubt you know anything about Chelsea FC...

The only team in London with racist supporters is MILLWALL FC and that's understandable because Bermondsey is a very racist area - and it has always been like that though it's just a stone throw(across the road) from Peckham... Stop chatting air from your village in Nigeria about what you don't know, mate... And check the handle before posting your ignorant comment next time..KMFT...

I fit sabi you be that o! When were you a steward at the Bridge? I was also a matchday steward there from 2003 to 2006. I was at the Shed End Lower initially, then later East Lower. Some of the guys I worked with back then are still there cos I see them on TV.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by cyril83(m): 9:37am On Mar 20, 2013
stagger: I also served my country in NYSC and endured 11 months without pay from my place of primary assignment.

When Cele was busy carrying women up and down, he did not know that the money will finish one day?

Obafemi Martins that was withdrawing and spending his entire 75,000 a week in Newcastle was almost going the same way until his financial advisers got the courts to freeze his withdrawals.

Chop alone, die alone. Let those he helped during those years he spent in Chelsea (TEN GOOD YEARS) and Newcastle help him. That is if he can point to one person.
mehn! Have missed the heck of this parrot.

Where have you been dude?
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by skydeexie(m): 9:37am On Mar 20, 2013
[size=14pt]Babayaro declared bankrupt •Chased by creditors in UK
[/size]

Written by Friday, 18 February 2011

[Celestine Babayaro]

FORMER Toon player, Celestine Babayaro is being chased by creditors after being declared bankrupt. The ex-Nigerian international, who was reported to earn £25,000-a-week at one stage, has been listed alongside a dinner lady and glass cutter in an announcement printed in the London Gazette.

The player, who won the gold with Nigeria at Atlanta '96 Olympic, has been living at an address on Laleham Road, in Shepperton, Middlesex, according to the order. Neighbours said they feared the former full-back, now 32, had fallen on hard times because the upkeep of his £475,000 property had slipped.

It is understood the player who started 66 times for the Magpies, had bought the house for family members to be near him when he signed for Chelsea, in 1997. The house is also next door to the home where his younger brother, Kennedy was understood to have lived until he died of tuberculosis in 2007.

A neighbour, who lives on the same street as Babayaro said: “You can tell money’s difficult because the home used to be maintained really nicely, but now it’s a bit of a mess. “You can see where the conservatory is starting to fall down and the garden is completely overgrown. They came and asked to borrow my lawnmower but I had to say no because the grass was too long and would have broken it.”

The bankruptcy order was first entered at a court in Croydon, London, last year, before being confirmed last month. It is understood Babayaro has recently been living abroad. The financial meltdown is the latest in a string of disappoint-ments for the U-17 World Cup winner in 1993.

After an injury-plagued spell at St James’s Park, Babayaro’s career stalled when he moved to the US in the hope of starring alongside David Beckham at LA Galaxy. But he was released by the club, and his hopes of a comeback with Portsmouth were dogged by a bout of malaria. Babayaro is understood to have racked up debt despite having the rest of his contract paid by Newcastle he was released in 2007.

He was signed for United for £1m by Graeme Souness, in 2005, and famously chose to play for the team just hours after his brother’s death.

Source: Nigerian Tribune

[size=15pt]I AM NOT BROKE- Celestine Babayaro[/size]
Story by Lukmon Akintola

Celestine Babayaro needs no introduction because he was one of the famous gang that made up the Dream Team IV that won Nigeria the Atlanta Olympics gold medal in 1996. However, in recent times, tales of the player’s bankruptcy have been the topic of discussion. Lukmon Akintola spotted him at the Teslim Balogun stadium where he had come to watch the Kanu Nwankwo Testimonial match and he bears it all on issues surrounding his bankruptcy, the politics that led to his being kicked out of the national team and his plans for the future. Enjoy the excerpts:

In recent times, thee have been stories both in Nigeria and England insinuating that you are broke, what do you have to say to that?

There is nothing to say about it, because human beings have the right to their own opinion in life. So, if any body wants to say any thing, let them go on with what ever they want to say.

A lot of people believe that if actually you were not broke, you would have come out to dispel the rumor?

There is no need to come out and say any thing. Every human being has the right to come out and say what they feel about an issue. So, those who are saying that I am broke are only expressing their own opinion on any topical issue.

Your friends have also spoken on your behalf, asking if you look like one who is broke

That is exactly what I am saying, no matter how good you are in life, there will be people who will like you and there will be other people who will not like you. There is nothing you can do about it. So, if anybody comes out today and say some thing about me, it is for their own.

You played in Anderlecht of Belguim before going on to play at Chelsea in England, and then Newcastle United, a lot of people think by now you should have made a lot of money to keep you in form, how do you take that?

All I can say is that I am grateful to God and I am more than comfortable.

You are no longer playing professional football and you are also not a coach, what do you do presently?

I engage myself a lot of time in helping the younger ones grow, giving them advice on how to become successful professionals.

The Super Eagles, as a team is currently undergoing restructuring, what is your impression of the team after your exit?

The national team, since the exit of names like myself, Okocha and the others, have not been doing really great like we thought they would do, but we will give them time and I am sure every thing would come together, hopefully. It is a hard job; I have been there before, so I know what I am saying. We shouldn’t criticize them, but I am sure they will get themselves together pretty soon.

With a new coach and a new crop of boys, there still seems to be a missing link in the team, what is that link?

Honestly, I can only speak for the Super Eagles I played with. In our time, when we played we had character. We never believed that any other team or country could beat us. That was what we had going for us. But looking at the new team, I am not too sure about that; but they are doing well, and there is room for improvement.

A lot of people have criticized you, saying that you retired from football too early, how do you feel about that?

Well, yes I would probably say I left too early, but during my time I did my last move from Chelsea moving to Newcastle United. I had a lot of injuries and that was what made me to retire early.

A lot of people believe that your lack of discipline was more responsible for your losing form than injuries?

No, if you look around, you will find out that there are a lot of other players, young players that have retired because of injuries and other things. I can name a lot of other younger players who have retired before twenty six or twenty eight. I think it has to do with the human body. My body is different from your body and your body is different from my body. That is all I have to say.

What will you say is your greatest regret in your football career?

I don’t have any regret.

How about your greatest moment?

That would be winning the Atlanta 1996 Olympics. That is the greatest moment of my life.

You seem to be a very controversial person, how did you feel when you were sent packing from camp years back?

I felt bad, but that is definitely not my most regrettable day in football. And there is always politics in life, there are people that like you and there are people that hate you. When you get sent out of the National team, it involves so many things and politics takes the centre stage, but let’s just forget about all that and put it behind. I have long forgiven them.

What are the gains of playing for Nigeria?

Playing for Nigeria is a great thing. When I played for Nigeria every thing was smooth, things were going very well. We had fun and nobody could just come into Nigeria and test Nigeria, we were the best in Africa, but now, you can hear other African countries saying that they can beat Nigeria. Hopefully things will get better.

So, what is next for Celestine Babayaro?

The next thing would be for me to remain cool, calm and see what the breeze will bring. Actually, certain things are in my plans for now, but any thing can happen.
TheNigerianVoice.com (Nigeria News)

[size=14pt]Celestine Babayaro[/size]
Footballer
Celestine Boyd Jonto Hycieth Babayaro is a former Nigerian footballer. He was named after Pope Celestine V. Wikipedia
Born: August 29, 1978 (age 34), Kaduna
Height: 1.76 m
Positions: Defender, Midfielder

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by ifeanyi83(m): 9:40am On Mar 20, 2013
Hmmmnn...so this money can truly finish...a lesson learnt..save for the rainy day...
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by kevoh(m): 9:56am On Mar 20, 2013
Oya moderators close this thread, everyone has had a field day bashing this chap! Everybody don talk him own!

I loved his back flips though! Dude even broke his ankle doing a frontflip and was injured for the rest of the season meanwhile abeg close the thread. No use flogging a dead horse over and over again!
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by eastOFwest(m): 9:57am On Mar 20, 2013
Godyke: See how people hurriedly run into conclusion that Babayaro is broke and requires urgent lift. We should be able to differentiate between bankruptcy and poverty. Could somebody pls define Bankruptcy and poverty?

You could be earning £1million a month, but if you need £1.5million to service your debts, then the best course of action is to legally declare yourself bankrupt. After going through the precess, you should be ok in about a year but you will lose identifiable assets and credit status.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by informatix: 9:58am On Mar 20, 2013
palmasglobal: Just read it this morning on AIT That Celestine Babayaro is bankrupt, it touches me from my head to my feet. Please how do we revive this young man that sacrifice himself for the growth of this country, this young man that made this country proud in his days.

please advice on how to go about it. Thank you

It can happen to anybody, and we are ready to lend a hand.

advice please
When he was sleeping with most expensive prostitutes where were u?. One prostitute admitted sleeping with him and Dwight Yorke on those days she really express the satisfaction she derived from such action. I like Babayaro since in kaduna i am not happy yo hear this i hope he gets financial Bailout soon.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Elxandre(m): 9:59am On Mar 20, 2013
shymexx: Lmao... The guy isn't bankrupt - he still cruises around London in big whips with one of my big naija uncles... Heck, he's now a top don hustling everywhere and getting paid on the low...#LowKey

He might not be as rich as he was when he played for Chelsea, but the doozy is still richer than at least 80% of Nigerians...

His lifestyle and women messed him up but he's still getting paid...

Big ups to the great Celestine Babayaro of Chelsea - I started supporting Chelsea in Sec. because of him, Tony Andre Flo, Ruud Gullit, Zola, Le Saux, Dan Petrescu, Chris Sutton, Jimmy Flyod Hasselbaink, Leboeuf etc... Then we later added Vialli, Didier Deschamps, George Weah, Marcel Desailly etc..

This guy earned a 5 million pounds payout at newcastle when he was released. Thats over 1 billion naira...so how is this man Broke?
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by mbulela: 10:11am On Mar 20, 2013
quality01: Plz am equally bankrupt.I served diz country in 2009-2010(NYSC) and since den no job,no income.plz I need a helping hand.
This post needs to be inducted into the Nairaland Hall of Fame.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by trustboy: 10:15am On Mar 20, 2013
Just because he has been declared Bankrupt does not necessarily mean he is broke. A lot of people file for bankruptcy just to avoid paying their debts.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by chucky234(m): 10:16am On Mar 20, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The dude is fuckingbroke and can't fuckingpay his debts.Stop trying to hustle people here !
Why do you like damaging people's image,in 2011 people said Celestine was broke but he came to Nigeria and was interviewed and he confirmed that he was not broke.
www.nigeriafilms.com/news/12631/33/i-am-not-broke-celestine-babayaro.html
Babayaro has investments managed by his brother Emmanuel in Niger state one of which is an executive Car dealer shop,Emmanuel is not broke so why would Celestine beg for you for arm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

King Kong Bundy Dies At 61 / Lagos Female Street Boxer Beats A Male Boxer In Training (Video) / Liverpool Players Put Coach On Their Shoulder And Dragged To Celebrate With Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.