Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,957 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:58 AM

Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? (50487 Views)

Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles / Babayaro: Keshi Is Confused / Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Artistree: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
Godyke: See how people hurriedly run into conclusion that Babayaro is broke and requires urgent lift. We should be able to differentiate between bankruptcy and poverty. Could somebody pls define Bankruptcy and poverty?
Poverty is when u ain't gat no asset, ie, no property no cash while Bankruptcy is when ur Asset(what u own) is LESS dan ur Liability(what u owe)
Meaning that if dem sell u and ur entire property join d cash wey dey ur account, e no go reach take pay the people wey u dey owe.
I garrit, right?
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by cytellProperty: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thats old news, are you just hearing?

1 Like

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by sirkay09(m): 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
shymexx: Lmao... The guy isn't bankrupt - he still cruises around London in big whips with one of my big naija uncles... Heck, he's now a top don hustling everywhere and getting paid on the low...#LowKey

He might not be as rich as he was when he played for Chelsea, but the doozy is still richer than at least 80% of Nigerians...

His lifestyle and women messed him up but he's still getting paid...

Big ups to the great Celestine Babayaro of Chelsea - I started supporting Chelsea in Sec. because of him, Tony Andre Flo, Ruud Gullit, Zola, Le Saux, Dan Petrescu, Chris Sutton, Jimmy Flyod Hasselbaink, Leboeuf etc... Then we later added Vialli, Didier Deschamps, George Weah, Marcel Desailly etc..

Na Tore Andre Flo no be Tony Andre Flo sir...
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by bigx(m): 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
hardbody:

I am not an accountant and would love to be educated on this. How can cashflow be negative? I have heard of Negative SHAREHOLDERS funds, and i seem to understand that very well but cannot immediately relate with negative cashflow. Is it to do with borrowed funds?

Explaining it basically, it is when the Net Cash Outflow Exceeds the Net Inflow, a person can be making 10 million naira a month, but because of loans, housekeeping, car maintenance and the rest has to spend 20 million a month, that person would still have the trappings of wealth while acquiring more debt, but the thing is, its a ticking time bomb.
Its also living above your means and is really rampant among Nigerians.
Thats my understanding, someone else educated in the field can add all the technical jargon for me.
Lol
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by aniyphil: 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
quality01: Plz am equally bankrupt.I served diz country in 2009-2010(NYSC) and since den no job,no income.plz I need a helping hand.

My guy . . .u dey maaaadt ! LOL cheesy grin
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Emade(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
Na wa o u never fit give ur self helping head u won lend to anothers
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Mekus68: 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
quality01: Plz am equally bankrupt.I served diz country in 2009-2010(NYSC) and since den no job,no income.plz I need a helping hand.
Including me, 2012-2013. Still at home from morning to night everyday. No work, no pay. I need help ooo
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by HAH: 2:09pm On Mar 20, 2013

Don't worry send me your account details, if not for anything atleast for setting a new likes record on Nairaland
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by nwgoziri(m): 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
u funny
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by adoniza(m): 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
Na wa o
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
I have not laughed this hard in a very long time. I laughed so hard and farted in the process. I feel you jare! Thanks man! Na you truly deserve the support.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
Lol! Why re his team mates sunday oliseh, daniel amokachi, okocha, kanu e.t.c not bankrupt undecided . . .he's on his own.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thank God it is not in old age,for his age,he can still comeback financially,even some old do recover from such setback.it is only a lesson to us all to be prudent,all d bigman act men portray should be undertaken with wisdom.where are d friends they wasted funds together?interestingly lets ask ourselves this questn,where are d so called homeboy,flygirls & d rest?lets be wise & invest & safe
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by coputa(m): 3:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
It is common to see most of our professional footballers go bankrupt.after retirement..look at Daniel Amokachi who wears suits worth one milliön naira and also acquired a jet then,we all knew that he would have been begging in the street if not for his appointment as assistant coach of the super eagles, celestian babayaro has wasted a lifetime opportunity,no matter the amount of money raised for him,it will not be enought to put him back on his feet...
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by pjosh1(m): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
Celestine kor...AUGUSTINE NI[
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Irritant: 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
He should be jailed for funds mismanagement.. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Solowande(m): 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
wat a pity. but u know say i neva chop. hw i wan tak kor help person way dey bankrupt way u know say i neva chop since yester night
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Ninilowo(m): 7:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
Itoroetti :
Segun odegbami and co all played for Nigeria during those days were there was no money,yet I haven't heard this sort of news of brokage from them.
When dis guys makes money,the believe d control their world,hence they can acquire anything without any act of saving.if babayaro couldn't save the millions of dollars he earn during is chelsea's career of almost 10years,then d is a big problem.same babayaro was decamped from camp in 2004 for disobeying camp rules and reckless wastage of money,now jungle don fully mature.

Yessss!! I remember 2004 case. He was decamped with Agali and Yakubu Aiyegbeni. I got some of his pix with foreign girls then. O ma se ooam igba ko to lo bi orere; aye ko to lo bii opa ibon. Buh wait oo what happen to his television programe- living futbal?
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Ninilowo(m): 7:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
shymexx: If you wanna know who's broke and bankrupt, go look Eric Djemba Djemba of Cameroon... grin

That guy probably works in a warehouse somewhere... sad
Shuooo? A beg tell me more.....
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Ninilowo(m): 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
ACM10:

Yea that reminds me of something. He was photographed during AFCON Nig/Ghana 2000 in the company of pro.stitues while the tournament was still ongoing
By the pool side rite? I think I have some of those pix. O ma se ooo.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Ninilowo(m): 7:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
rusher14:
Sorry.
You are mistaken.
That was Jonathan Akpoborie.
Even at that he (Akpoborie) hasn't caved in to bankruptcy.
100% correct! Na Akpoborie not Cele. Cele na woman wrapper! Kerewa ti ba tie je.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by divinegiftmodel: 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
ItsModella: duh!! I'm broke too and I need help. angry angry angry

who is Celestine Babayaro anyway?
former world footballer of the year
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Humphreydis(m): 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
lonelydora: I serve this country during my NYSC, and uptill today, they have not recognised me. I need a hand too.
.."I need a hand"..u b amputee?

1 Like

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by biolabee(m): 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2013

414 Likes and going strong.. anyone here knows the most liked comment on NL
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by bettercreature(m): 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
well he should go and collect his pension from all his ex-ashawo girls
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by rareman(m): 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
But how do one help babayaro who is not soliciting for help. Bankruptcy is a technical term it does not necessarily mean you are poor. Don't be surprised the guy can still if feed and your entire family for years without feeling it
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by kpozite(m): 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
how much will you give to someone that earns in millions before now that he will appreciate. He should go get a life.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by bamto(m): 10:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
palmasglobal: Just read it this morning on AIT That Celestine Babayaro is bankrupt, it touches me from my head to my feet. Please how do we revive this young man that sacrifice himself for the growth of this country, this young man that made this country proud in his days.

please advice on how to go about it. Thank you

It can happen to anybody, and we are ready to lend a hand.

advice please

@ OP. READ on AIT? When did AIT become a Newspaper? Was the info being scrolled as headline news? Or u read from their website? Here is another Presumption of Fake News. Rebut it if you can.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by chucky234(m): 8:33am On Mar 21, 2013
Ebestsms.com:

Hmm, see figures. The bolded; that one na life?

You have 25m pounds before now 1m pounds, na death dey knock for am door be that.

That doesn't show a sign of a living thing.
With all the school wey you go you no still understand "for instance or example" for oyinbo,I pity people wey pay your school fees.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by chucky234(m): 8:36am On Mar 21, 2013
olabiz2010: Who is Celesting Babayaro? A person's name, animal, place or thing
Your village name I guess
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by chucky234(m): 8:43am On Mar 21, 2013
quin9: .
Do you know how much Kanu personally puts into the heart foundation?why isn't he broke already?.....Charitable my yansh,na we send am?,are u sure you are not one of those that helped him lavish his money?
And you dumbly think Kanu spends his personal money for his Heart Foundation? All the money used in running the foundation comes from donations,idio:t.
Kanu stayed in Babayaro's house for six months in London when he moved from Italy to England and Celestine was feeding him driving him to training at Highbury till Kanu was able to settle down in London.
I don't know why people are so so dumb around here,you just open your rotten mouth and say whatever rubbish that comes out oF it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Paulo Costa: "How Adesanya Celebrated His Victory Is Disgusting, I Want Revenge" / King Kong Bundy Dies At 61 / Lagos Female Street Boxer Beats A Male Boxer In Training (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.