Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,130 members, 7,887,264 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:17 AM

Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again (31039 Views)

Marketers, Hawkers Raise Petrol Price As Scarcity Worsens / Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector / Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by jhydebaba(m): 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
boya iya jona ni won bi da boya iya ti e ni won bi da, we shall see cuz the battle line has been drawn
32-D:
[size=18pt]Won bi Iya e da[/size]
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
dayokanu: Jona just increase this price a few months before elections So everyone would see the type of Clueless retardeen that is the President of this country
Can't wait to see that slowpoke kicked from aso rock by Nigerians themselves.
People are so agitated and angry with their suffering and yet he wants to increase it.

Okay o!
Let's wait and see.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
We are watching
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Ofunaofu: 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2013
whom the gods want to destroy, they first make them mad

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by lacasa: 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hehehe...!!!

FRESH AIR jare...

Retardeen carry go abeg! U r fulfilling yr destiny as a grose and total B.astard grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by killuminati(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
blackchukky: President Jonathan Says He Will Raise Petrol Prices, Again

President Goodluck Jonathan says he will definitely raise gas prices again, but will “discuss” with the public the easiest way to do it.

On New Year’s Day 2012, Jonathan greeted Nigerians with the shock of new oil prices as he attempted to scrap so-called oil subsidies, leading to widespread strikes and protests that almost toppled his government.

He solved the problem at that time by partially revoking the effort. He raised the price to 97 Naira a liter, up from 65 Naira.

Speaking at a press conference in Lagos today, Mr. Jonathan said, “We cannot continue to waste resources meant for a greater number of Nigerians to subsidize the affluent middle class, who are the main beneficiaries.”

He did not make any reference to the mammoth corruption and manipulation in the oil sector, and has kept in place Petroleum Minister Diezani Allison-Madueke, who has been serially accused of corruption and self-enrichment, as well as other officials.

Mr. Jonathan has also failed to implement the report of the Nuhu Ribadu-led Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force which last year made important recommendations on how to correct problems in the sector, just as he has throughout his presidency failed to implement various anti-corruption and good governance reports.

Critics denounce him as weak and indolent, and say he has done more than any of his predecessors in office to boost corruption in the country. Last week, he granted state pardon to Dipreye Alamieyesegha, his predecessor as governor of Bayelsa State who was convicted for corruption. Alamieyesegha is also wanted in the United Kingdom to answer money-laundering charges.

Meanwhile, members of Occupy Nigeria have told SaharaReporters they will be ready for Mr. Jonathan if he gives them the opportunity to again unite Nigerians in street demonstrations.

“We promise never again to be deceived or derailed by organized labor or any pro-government group which may want to sell out,” one organizer said. “So if Jonathan is ready, we encourage him to bring it on.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan-says-he-will-raise-petrol-prices-again.

Am waiting to see what justification he has got this time, so clueless and heartless
Mr president, if dem born you well, say you dull well well, you clueless, you don't give a damn, make you tryam And we go shut the country down! Even boko haram sef go fearangry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by stremy21(m): 10:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
Symphony007: Is this suppose to be a news reporting article or an opinion editorial..this article did'nt explain why it is imperative to stop fuel subsidy or who is really benefiting from it rather it jumps to alams and allison maduake...It seems these days, jonathan is the mighty piniada everyone wants to take a swipe at!!
I advise you read again with your 'gogu' maybe by then you will totally digest the whole idea, at least partially.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by AdeniyiA(m): 10:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
and Nigerians plan to raze his government.
i bliv he wont try it now cos he intends to run in 2013,but IF he wins... expect a complete deregulation.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Rick9(m): 10:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
[size=21pt] This Jonathan E be like say e don go smoke wetin No Dry again. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by IYANGBALI: 10:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
32-D:
[size=18pt]Won bi Iya e da[/size]
beeeeeeni
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Uziehot(m): 10:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
I hope he knows dat There's life afta presidency? We go catch am. No wahala
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Olayinkaoj(m): 10:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
The man knows that the game is over for him. Just pray that God should give us the grace to see the last of him
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Obinoscopy(m): 10:15pm On Mar 19, 2013
His plan is to save the subsidy money so that the likes of Alamaisegha and co can steal and launder it.

Jonathan! Tu viens de dire une betise!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by mcevans1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
Come 2015!! GEJ must GO!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by simmydebadest(m): 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2013
Who curse NIGERIA?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by victokafor(m): 10:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
Shall we continue like this!!! I never vex all these while but this time around ehhhh wetin happen for 1968 go repeat itself make him try am first... him go watch season film of protest and violence mtcheeeew... ahhhh if he cannot rule us, he should vacate Aso rock..is it by force?? Country wey God take time bless na him human being won con spoil everything.. Try and see
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by profola2be(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
OK_2_NV: The question to ask is if the opposition gets into power do you think they will lower the price of fuel?

you must be steeupi.d for asking such a question!
Infact,u are a baboon!
So,because the opposition won't lower the price,we should now allow Jonathan to have a free day?
You must be a slowpoke!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by vision2050: 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
na action we need, let mobilize to hawk square abi na eagle square

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by oka4bartho(m): 10:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
Horse or donkey on my mind. grin
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by eledalo: 10:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
Nigerians can complain, but will still accept whatever the government does. In December 2012, petrol was N65 per litre. By March 2012, it was N97 per litre after so much strong talk from labour groups and the public. Fact is the price still rose, and if he wants he will increase it again. All Nigerians will do is complain to each other.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
Easter bonanza reloaded.

Enjoy the fresh air Naijiriyas afterall y'all voted for the fuckface. grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Abu34: 10:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
Akshow: I will buy only the otueke's baboon's blood for anythin more than 97Naira. Stewpid moro..n.

I will take your own blood for free
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by killuminati(m): 10:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
Rick9: [size=21pt] This Jonathan E be like say e don go smoke wetin No Dry again. [/size]
I say the slowpoke dey craze gaan! E nuh dey even fear to talk about? Talkless of to tryam? E be say some spiritual demons dey swear for dis dude regularly because normal person no fit dey mumu dey go like dat. Once a scumbag, always a scumbag

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by mrofficial2(m): 10:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
I'm short of words. All I see is an incompetent. Someone who suffers from ignorance. Someone who doesn't have common sense. Someone who is not mentally sharp. Someone who has no logic. Someone who is not intelligent. Someone who is a puppet. And finally, a slowpoke.

The future of millions of Nigerians depend on this incompetent fellow who sees through his asss and with his government riddled with corruption. Remember a poor man needs light and if he can perhaps afford to get 'I pass my neighbour' generator, he'll still has to fuel it. Now I'm beginning to take this assertion seriously that PDP is a Poverty Developing Party.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Pappyto: 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2013
i'm going to enjoy killing dis simple minded foolcalled GEJ not even okonjo can save him dis tym around
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by sambos994(m): 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2013
I'm done... angry angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by killuminati(m): 10:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ah! I know wetin oga jona wan do,cheesy e wan save money for 2015 electionsmiley
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Sormeh: 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
Isn't this an indication dat dis man has lost focus. I hv never seen a leader, intelligent enough, think with his anus.

His myopic, tribe-centric brethren will continue to spew thrash in support of mo.ronic and idiotic retrogressive ideas. GEJ 2015 ko 5102 ni. Ori yin ti fo danu!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Olutala(m): 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
Think he's already made up his mind. GEJ just likes the easy way out of any problem.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by penzino(m): 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
noit: Bobay udotsay aurisom quickum...
merlin magic no dey work for people wey no wear shoe wen dem dey grow up ooooo. grin
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Pappyto: 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
noit: Bobay udotsay aurisom quickum...

Sorry,it's bebay odothay arisan quickum/yeldo
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by gen2briz(m): 10:46pm On Mar 19, 2013
Koni fe te

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senator Alex Kadiri: Why Igbo Can’t Get The Presidency In 2023 / Buhari Has Given 286 Foreigners Certificates Of Citizenship-photo / Labour Party National Chairman Dissolves Rivers LP Excos For Anti-Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.