Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,823 members, 7,872,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:13 PM

Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again (31013 Views)

Marketers, Hawkers Raise Petrol Price As Scarcity Worsens / Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector / Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by killuminati(m): 11:22am On Mar 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nairaland / General : Politics , Romance , Business , Investment , Jobs/Vacancies , Career , NYSC , Education , Autos , Car Talk , Properties , Health , Travel , Family , Culture , Religion , Food , Diaries , Nairaland Ads
Featured Links: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 / Twitter / Facebook
» Do Names Actually Have Effect On One ' s Life ? «
» Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again «
» Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails ? «

The "Jonathan plans to raise petrol prices again" thread that was initially on its way out of the front page has been moved up AGAIN to number two on the front page by disgruntled and shamelessly biased moderators.

The abuse of ones privillaged position is also CORRUPTION. Shame on all corrupt Nigerians, including the corrupt moderators on NL
oga shut up there! You dey maad? You want make we forget say dem wan increase fuel abi? So that una go take us unaware.. Your faada yansh there Come here come dey abuse moderators? Tell your corrupt and clueless oga at the top that will hit the bottom soon to open a site for you where you will be able to be posting all your everyday LIES! Now get the f_uck out!!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by funshint(m): 11:27am On Mar 20, 2013
Mtcheww! Oga jonaa...

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Rhapsody1(f): 11:31am On Mar 20, 2013
DaLover:
SURE P was meant to address noise makers, its politics, as far as I am concerned, the big picture is what I am interested in.
So basically, you do not wish to answer those questions because it punctures your argument. You see, you may be living above average, so the hardship of most Nigerians is foreign to you. I put it to you that if the questions I raised had been reasonably taken care of by this govt, peeps will have been begging for totally deregulation. But they are there, and you wonder why peeps are 'too myopic' to see the benefits of complete deregulation.
BTW, even though I have heard of the SURE P thing, I am more interested in the topic at hand.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by omeiz93: 11:31am On Mar 20, 2013
Let him go ahead and increased d price, all i can say what ever he do we would still survive, but in d next election make sure we all vote wisely, let's all do away with ethnic and religious sentiment. I wish everybody all d best. It shall be well.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 11:32am On Mar 20, 2013
Rhapsody!:

I have said it before that the main thing that puts me off this forum is the lack of objectivity of most users. You may be a GEJ fan and still truthfully answer my questions. It does not equal disloyality.
The answers to my question will reveal why people are truly for or against the removal. So may I have those answers now. Just pretend I am a high schooler and answer me.

Why on earth do you want me to answer a question that I have told you is irrelevant?
OK, the additional money from the increase of pms from 70 to 97naira has been stolen...how does that help your case?
whats your main goal now? how does this stop the ongoing /existing subsidy from greating the opportunities for corruption?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 20, 2013
Jonathan is a fiend in human body, a lamebrained man, Nigerians should passionately disapprobate this barbaric and uncouth act, this simile of Jan 2012 new year gift will not happen again, Jonathan you didn't fix or construct new refineries and you want to tax the product more, you didn't curb the preprogative corruption in the sector but suffering majority and blessing minority elite in your cacusus is your moral axioms, let me tell you categorically that you and your fellow fiends in Aso rock may not like the consequentialist of what will be the telos of this, because we have not seen the benefit result of what you did to us on the first day of January 2012, I'm currently using generator to power my office and my home, likewise millions of Nigerians everyday.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 20, 2013
I didn't want to waste my time debating this issue initially, but just to state the FACT that any govt or political party in power MUST as a necessity increase fuel price. Whether PDP, ACN, CPC, APC, APGA, WAEC, THUNDER,etc they MUST increase fuel price once they get to power.

Fuel is a commodity like any other commodity- garri, rice, sugar,etc If the prices of every commodity changes with time, with what SUPERNATURAL power will ANY govt in power stop fuel price from changing from time to time?

The ACN/CPC internet rats are just celebrating their ignorance on this thread and attempting to score non-existing political points on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by JimmyBoy1: 11:34am On Mar 20, 2013
DaLover: [size=28pt]O My fellow Nigerians, why do we inadvently conderm ourselves to to perpetual life of doom and gloom[/size]

Derugulation should mean governments gets out of the business of distributing products and competing with the business man on the downstream sector...
It should mean that people can invest in refining in country
it should mean that Nigeria should tend towards less exportation of raw crude to exportation of refined products, thus add value and jobs to the economy,
it should mean govt will cut the high overhead and recurrent expenduture spent in managing this services.
It should mean more competition in that sector...

All these thrown away because we want someone else to pay the price of crude for us?

Then after all the savings have accrued to the government, people like Johnson Yakubu, Alams, Lawan, Otedola will steal everything and your brother Jonathan we only asked them to pay N750,000 fine and pardon them. In the same country were people are dying because they can not afford 5k medical costs.

Its a real pity
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by franchizy(m): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2013
What has the increase to do wit 2015 election. The president will be applauded should he review the fuel price as the subsidy funds are a very big waste.
Whether you like it or not GEJ has already won 2015 election and he is empowered to increase the fuel price.
Only people who reason well will support his opinion and the illitrates on dis forum who reason and talk from there nose
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2013
Rhapsody!:

So basically, you do not wish to answer those questions because it punctures your argument. You see, you may be living above average, so the hardship of most Nigerians is foreign to you. I put it to you that if the questions I raised had been reasonably taken care of by this govt, peeps will have been begging for totally deregulation. But they are there, and you wonder why peeps are 'too myopic' to see the benefits of complete deregulation.
BTW, even though I have heard of the SURE P thing, I am more interested in the topic at hand.

what hardship are you talking about? apart from Lagos and a few other cities, the rest of the country pay between =N=130 and =N=200 for pms, the poor people u r trying to protect are paying the balance after =N=97 to some few people somewhere

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ipswitch: 11:38am On Mar 20, 2013
He! He! He!We dey wait o!!! Na laugh i just dey laugh for now! But has Jonathan discussed with the oga @ d top?( Dame Patience)
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Rhapsody1(f): 11:38am On Mar 20, 2013
Rhapsody!:

I guess I understand where you are coming from. Any right thinking person will also support subsidy removal. However, answer the following questions for me:
how has the money from the partial removal been used? How has it been utilized? I will need definite facts and figures. Who and who has been prosecuted and convicted for the previous subsidy fraud? How much is fuel in your area presently (l pay 120)? Why is Allison still heading that ministry? The president said last year that by June 2012, Nigerians will thank him for the partial subsidy removal, would you say that happened? From the way the partial removal was done and all the drama that followed, would you say an average Nigerians can still trust and support the president for total removal of subsidy knowing that justice will be done and the money realized properly used?
I await your response.
For the supporters of full deregulation, the easiest, fastest, and simplest way to shut up the mouth of the 'myopic citizens' who want otherwise is to provide the definite answers to the questions raised in the quote above. After that satisfactory answer, I will personally padlock their mouths for them. Anyone?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Rhapsody1(f): 11:43am On Mar 20, 2013
DaLover:

what hardship are you talking about? apart from Lagos and a few other cities, the rest of the country pay between =N=130 and =N=200 for pms, the poor people u r trying to protect are paying the balance after =N=97 to some few people somewhere
Sweetie, let us consider our dialogue over since you could not answer my questions. If your child asked the same questions, the proper thing is answer first, before justifying whatever stand you have taken. Since you have not accorded me that courtesy, let us just simply agree to disagree.
Enjoy your day.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by vislabraye(m): 11:45am On Mar 20, 2013
This better be a rumour.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Omadachi(m): 11:46am On Mar 20, 2013
This is heartless.The worse president ever.Is always like this when you dont have anything to offer.Is a pity already some people are already clamouring to vote for him in 2015.Until we all wake up from our slumber,we will continue to go down the drain.I dislike this man administration with passion.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Raddie(m): 11:54am On Mar 20, 2013
konami001: What many people do not understand is Jonathan is a puppet under the control of the puppet masters... He dare not disobey orders///

You mean there are other "OGAs' involved".
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by noskeybaba: 11:55am On Mar 20, 2013
All of u making noise here, let me ask you: is it your Oil? Suddenly it have become a "one Nigeria" proerty abi? Raining abuses on Jonathan who have a Genuine claim on the oil. Anyway the oil is his own (directly or indirectly), it is on his farmland so if he wants to increase the price of his stuff, what's all these fuss about? One Nigeria my a$$, all u from the west, if there is a harsh law made in lagos state, like the closure of markets or banning of Okada, what do we hear here on Nairaland? "Go back to your village". It won't be one Nigeria again right?

Make all of una pack well. Afterall I don't knw H☺ώ many of una wey fit protest in front of soldiers. Life dey sweet u. Gerrrrrout!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Ess: 11:55am On Mar 20, 2013
killuminati: oga shut up there! You dey maad? You want make we forget say dem wan increase fuel abi? So that una go take us unaware.. Your faada yansh there Come here come dey abuse moderators? Tell your corrupt and clueless oga at the top that will hit the bottom soon to open a site for you where you will be able to be posting all your everyday LIES! Now get the f_uck out!!!

No mind am, na one of the director:- 40 lappy crew. He doesnt know how to defend his scumbag Oga at the top and he has already collected his allowance. Man must wack u know.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ckkris: 11:57am On Mar 20, 2013
Jonah for 2015
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Inyinese(m): 11:58am On Mar 20, 2013
A.S Slimm:
Wat do u xpect 4rm a fisherman riff raff turned president by an old senile general.

4rm nw till 2015 Nigeria is in 4d ride of its life. I pray all hell doesn't break loose.

Dis man is a plague on Nigeria. A blind man leading 170million ppl.

Dis guy Jonathan, I tink even d devil will not wan2 b seen wil a clueless fool lyk him talkless of God nd his angels.
lazy man go and find work to do.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by miteolu(m): 11:58am On Mar 20, 2013
32-D:
[size=18pt]Won bi Iya e da[/size]

Jona fe Jona tan patapata be that.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by abdul23(m): 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2013
What's all d noice about?enjoy d fresh air u voted for.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by joseph1832(m): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
"Speaking at a press conference in Lagos today, Mr. Jonathan said, “We cannot continue to waste resources meant for a greater number of Nigerians to subsidize the affluent middle class, who are the main beneficiaries.”

Can you guys see just how docile this man is in his utterance? Waste resources meant for a greater number of Nigerians to subsidize the affluent middle class? The little resources we have how has it benifitted the masses?!.

Its as if the political elite have a personal vendetta against "the affluent middle class".
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Ess: 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
Inyinese: lazy man go and find work to do.

Hardwork man go suc.k scumbag's willy.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Pennywise(m): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
Jonathan is clearly not in his elements. It is about time that Nigerians ask- who is in charge of this country?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ckkris: 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
nonesense: [size=16pt]God go punish people wey talk say dem go vote
this Dude 2015, you will all suffer and smile till u rot in hell
Back to sender
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Noraokon: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
it will be a terrible decision with dire consequences. i will advise the Nigerian government to build refineries before it thinks of any increment.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by bububabe(f): 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
OK_2_NV: The question to ask is if the opposition gets into power do you think they will lower the price of fuel?

No one knows ooo.they re all birds of d same feather.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
I am surprise that people expect the price of Garri to fluctuate while price of Petrol remains static. Take away the damn subsidy and let the economic parameters determine the price of the product, so I can decide whether to start importing or lifting this products from our refineries. We should always look at the opportunities and possibilities of profiteering in any Government Policy. Cyprus is imposing Tax on Citizens deposits as a n austerity measure and we are here crying for cheap fuel cos of free oil. I wish the Oil can dry up so we can start thinking creatively instead of waiting for free bees.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Dsage1: 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
DaLover:
Why r you so myopic and so short termed!
did I talk of SURE-P anywhere?
I talked about allowing a privately run down stream sector and the opportunities it would create and you are refering to SURE-P...
Stop looking for freebiee...free thing dey purge belle...and that whats is killing nigerians

we have been told that government will run our lives and and we are happy with such policies...

I will be very happy if you can answer the following questions;

Can you please tell us the claims made by govt to justified the removal of FS?

Can you also remain us some of the promises made by govt during this period?

Can you also tell us how has removal of FS stoped the importation of oil and gas?

Can you tell us why your master refused to accept or implement Ribadu's reports?

Lastly,tell us who're the cabals?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ckkris: 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
Capnd143: DANZING ALINGO . . . .
#OCCUPYNIGERIA TINS ON MY MIND!

Getting my placards ready . . . . Writing . .
No more feul price increase, but politicians salary decrease

AZONTO, AZONTO. AZONTO

JONA FOR 2015
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ckkris: 12:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
D sage:

I will be very happy if you can answer the following questions;

Can you please tell us the claims made by govt to justified the removal of FS?

Can you also remain us some of the promises made by govt during this period?

Can you also tell us how has removal of FS stoped the importation of oil and gas?

Can you tell us why your master refused to accept or implement Ribadu's reports?

Lastly,tell us who're the cabals?

O A N D O = Tinubu =
C A B A L

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Militants Attack Eni Oil Pipeline In Bayelsa / Shehu Sani's Comment About Magu & Fayose That Shows Karma Is Real / Statues Of Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Awolowo, Mbakwe To Be Unveiled By Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.