Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,127 members, 7,887,260 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:04 AM

Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again (31038 Views)

Marketers, Hawkers Raise Petrol Price As Scarcity Worsens / Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector / Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ckkris: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2013
ddeola: I just hope Nigerians have learnt their lessons never to elect leaders because of their tribe, religion, association or political party but based on performance and proven excellence

T R I B A L I S M continua.

After you've benefited abundantly through TRIBALISM, wetin you wan talk
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by jentlsoul: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2013
They tell GEJ for more blood so he want people I.e the masses to come out for protest then the army,police and my oga the top personnel ( men nd women) will use the opportunity to shoot the innocent one to dead like the way it happened last time in lagos yet the SS and SE will never sees his fault for once. Pls nigerians stop this madness. We are ourself in name of politics, why now. But let ask his jona xtian or pagans because I was just told by my friend that a good xtian can't betrayed the innocent like wise the same thing to a good muslim.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by joseph1832(m): 12:34pm On Mar 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I didn't want to waste my time debating this issue initially, but just to state the FACT that any govt or political party in power MUST as a necessity increase fuel price. Whether PDP, ACN, CPC, APC, APGA, WAEC, THUNDER,etc they MUST increase fuel price once they get to power.

Fuel is a commodity like any other commodity- garri, rice, sugar,etc If the prices of every commodity changes with time, with what SUPERNATURAL power will ANY govt in power stop fuel price from changing from time to time?

The ACN/CPC internet rats are just celebrating their ignorance on this thread and attempting to score non-existing political points on this issue.
Yar'Adua didn't increase fuel brother, he reduced it and this same Yar'Adua was a member of PDP! How come you much celebrated and infamous GEJ is different? His own increase far outweigh others...
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
Rhapsody!:

For the supporters of full deregulation, the easiest, fastest, and simplest way to shut up the mouth of the 'myopic citizens' who want otherwise is to provide the definite answers to the questions raised in the quote above. After that satisfactory answer, I will personally padlock their mouths for them. Anyone?

Like I said before, myopic people would have argued against derugulation of telecoms because they could not be sure that govt officials wouldnt embezzel the licence fees paid to federation accounts...
Wise ones knew that deregulation of the telecoms sector would provide for more jobs, improved economy, efficient business etc...

My dear people can we deregulate the downstream sector totally now?
You can choose the myopic option or the wise option!!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by tashanja(m): 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2013
Let him try!
On the other hand, it serves us right for returning this incompetant PDP umblera man back to office again, on the basis of sentiments (tribe & religion). What's so worrisome and saddening is that quite a few of these sentimentalists would not have learnt any lesson from their faulty reasoning and would most likely repeat the same mistake, come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 12:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
D sage:
What hell is this one talking about? How has SURE-P positively influence the life of already impoverish masses?

SURE P cannot and will not improve the life of the masses
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by CyberG: 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
Fresh Air! Una go suffer for that place! I just wish there was a way to separate the sensible ones, friends and family from all the stress.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
D sage:

I will be very happy if you can answer the following questions;

Can you please tell us the claims made by govt to justified the removal of FS?

Can you also remain us some of the promises made by govt during this period?

Can you also tell us how has removal of FS stoped the importation of oil and gas?

Can you tell us why your master refused to accept or implement Ribadu's reports?

Lastly,tell us who're the cabals?

These question are built around your desire to buy fuel at a subsidized rate...let me ask, first of all, are you paralized? why do you want someone else to perpetually pay for a comodity for you?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by WaleLeemson: 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
GEJ don't worry your days are numbered in ASO VILLA. Bleep you

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
Someone must've cursed nigeria with dis man. 2015 on my mind! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by jaso1(m): 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
This is what you get when people neglect quality on leadership selection. This man lacks everything from beginning to govern this nation but Nigerians are so lazy to discover this. he deceived them by saying he had no shoe, now that he has surplus shoes he now want to be semi God by buying what money can’t afford. This is madness and Nigeria should satisfactorily accept him because they bargain for it.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by omeiz93: 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
@sincere nigeria, i want to put it onto you that, the late Musa Ya'aradua, when he was the president of this country did not increase pump price of fuel, please relate with your facts and figures before you comment, so this points of your argument does not hold water at all.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by greall1: 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
2015 election is Conner.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by babsthegreat: 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
Why won't he remove subsidy when we keep going into capital projects yearly in billions and is not been carried out adequately.I beg make dem suffer nigerian
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
weda na 20k/litre i go still dey

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Dankarara(m): 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
Kai, I neva c person wey get sense like dis man bfor.lol
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by xreal2(m): 1:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
It is God that has used nigerians to provide u shoes.
Kip walking jona grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ckkris: 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
tashanja: Let him try!
On the other hand, it serves us right for returning this incompetant PDP umblera man back to office again, on the basis of sentiments (tribe & religion). What's so worrisome and saddening is that quite a few of these sentimentalists would not have learnt any lesson from their faulty reasoning and would most likely repeat the same mistake, come 2015.

More umbleras for 2015.

Jona for 2015-19
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ckkris: 2:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
booqee: Someone must've cursed nigeria with dis man. 2015 on my mind! angry angry

Please re-read your history books. You'll understand whats happening.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by muktarmtt(m): 2:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
noit: Bobay udotsay aurisom quickum...
Billyonaire: I am surprise that people expect the price of Garri to fluctuate while price of Petrol remains static. Take away the damn subsidy and let the economic parameters determine the price of the product, so I can decide whether to start importing or lifting this products from our refineries. We should always look at the opportunities and possibilities of profiteering in any Government Policy. Cyprus is imposing Tax on Citizens deposits as a n austerity measure and we are here crying for cheap fuel cos of free oil. I wish the Oil can dry up so we can start thinking creatively instead of waiting for free bees.
Shut d Bleep up latop boy i haven looking 4 ur comment since useless labtop boy u may die in agonny
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Tintinix: 2:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
For a person like our President, it'd take courage for him to fully implement a full deregulation of the downstream!
One consistent comment that keeps re-echoing to me is the financing of that so called middle class alias 'cabal'.
Our economy did not crash from the hike from 65 to 97, the expectation was that market forces will then determine the final prices of fuel!.
For those who do not know, our refineries have since (over 3 months) been refining, not just blending, PMS.
It may be based on this and other information that we are not privy to that this
rumour of a deregulation maybe based on!
For me GEJ (FG) has a three point agenda!
1) Fix our power issue
2) Reduce our Revenue dependency on Oil
3) Tackle corruption

The intension seriously is good! Our skeptisism is that for a country like Nigeria we don't follow basic principles of any law!!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by dbilz(m): 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
Jonadunce ebelebe Gadoki or wat is it called. Please do it quickly,so we cld jst strangle u out of dt fresh air vacuum called aso apata grin grin
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Iykeponti(m): 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
If say critics & insults dey kill ,Gej for don die longtime ago...... professor of zoology as president ,Nawa 4dis country sef angry
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Boladearo(m): 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
Hmmm, u are at it again, but this tym around it will not be easy as u think it will be, when u increase d price i pray boko-haram come in, i mean fight in our place
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by dilim247: 2:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
Akshow: I will buy only the otueke baboon's blood for anythin more than 97Naira. Stewpid moro..n.
'stewpid' indeed!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by CyberG: 2:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
booqee: Someone must've cursed nigeria with dis man. 2015 on my mind! angry angry

Like who? It is time Nigerians who voted in or supported this scumbag take responsibility for the scummy intern president.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by dilim247: 2:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
Jona! Go ask ur friend 4 bible wetin e take him eyes see ooo 4 shark belle! Shark go chop u ooo!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ckkris: 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
Iykeponti: If say critics & insults dey kill ,Gej for don die longtime ago...... professor of zoology as president ,Nawa 4dis country sef angry

No shaking.
They're only making noise.
If they come face to face with the Federal might, they will know and understand that Nigeria is too big for them to swallow.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Dsage1: 2:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
DaLover:

SURE P cannot and will not improve the life of the masses

Then what is the purpose of establishing it? Don't you think it's stupidity of highest order to removed what over 150M people are benefited from and setting up one useless program that's not beneficial to 10% of entire population? Man,reason with your comment first before you click summit.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Dsage1: 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
DaLover:

These question are built around your desire to buy fuel at a subsidized rate...let me ask, first of all, are you paralized? why do you want someone else to perpetually pay for a comodity for you?

I knew you won't be able to provide answers to those questions.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
shame on nigerian leaders in power and even a bigger shame on peeps like ckkris who dont have any iota of understanding on how a proper govt should be run.
the question on the lips of nigerians should be;
1)why should nigeria ,the 6th highest producer of crude oil in the world not have a functional refinery?
2)why should Govt continue to import fuel and force the price of refining,importation,storage and transportattion on nigerians
3)how come our Govt is always quick to compare our petrol prices with those of non -oil producing countries while were a major producer ? why dont we compare ourselves with the likes of venezuela,saudi arabia and pakistan who are also top producers and cost of fuel in those countries is less than $1/gallon
our leaders do not even buy fuel/they have allocations monthly and dont feel the effect of the high cost of purchasing fuel in a country which everything is tied to petroleum and its products.
manufacturing industries are folding up cos of high cost of production with diesel cost takiong more than 50% of production cost and yet the shameless govt cant even provide stable electricity for 12 hrs /day.
ckkris and co who keep spewing rubbish in support of Jona,ur sowing wrong seeds and it would surely bear fruit which if ur generation does not reap,ur children and grandchildren would surely dance to the music.
shameless pigs who get high on the cries of anguish of suffering nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks / Senator Alex Kadiri: Why Igbo Can’t Get The Presidency In 2023 / Buhari Has Given 286 Foreigners Certificates Of Citizenship-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.