Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,255 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:41 AM

Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again (31036 Views)

Marketers, Hawkers Raise Petrol Price As Scarcity Worsens / Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector / Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by obi4eze(m): 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
If he increases fuel price then he should increase the salary of civil servants and Corps members. He's just making things hard for the masses. I don't think he'll feel the impact because he doesn't pay to purchase fuel. The man really, really needs prayers.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by mcevans1(m): 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
penzino: merlin magic no dey work for people wey no wear shoe wen dem dey grow up ooooo. grin

Lmao...
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by kabba7(m): 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
johhnnie: He should not even think about it.
[color=#990000][/color]

It is said 'those whom the gods want to kill they first make mad' I can see madness is fast creeping into Jonathan and the earlier he go fully mad the better.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
LIKE ID ALWAYS SAY BLAMING THE KING OF FOOLS SHOULDNT DRAW ONE'S ATTENTION FROM THE VAST CONFEDERACY OF FOOLS WHO CROWNED HIM THEIR KING

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
That one can never happen again till 2019.

Last year january i wasnt part of the strike because i was busy. Now i go sponsor the strike. Him dey smoke
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Yacubes(m): 10:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
Before it was occupy nigeria, nw it wil b takeover nigeria. Sum1 tel him, price of PMS affects d whole nationstate. I'm d change dis country needs.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Akshow: 10:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
simmy de badest: Who curse NIGERIA?
22million people that voted Jonathan. Naija don enter one chance till 2015

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by IYANGBALI: 10:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
Sormeh: Isn't this an indication dat dis man has lost focus. I hv never seen a leader, intelligent enough, think with his anus.

His myopic, tribe-centric brethren will continue to spew thrash in support of mo.ronic and idiotic retrogressive ideas. GEJ 2015 ko 5102 ni. Ori yin ti fo danu!
gbam
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ANYPEN(m): 10:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
free2ryhme: How would raising petrol prices, under any guise, benefit Nigerians? If majority of Nigerians are poor and are already dealing with untold hardship which is directly caused by government officials who steal the nation's monies for themselves only, how will it be possible for “poor” Nigerians to purchase petrol at a much higher price when they can least afford lower petrol prices now? If the government needs more money for projects, why don't they lower the salaries of all government officials, after all, 75% of the nation's monies are spent on salaries and benefits to civil servants – something that shouldn't be in the first place. Why should government be providing cars and houses to government workers, in addition to pay them huge unjustified salaries? Also, why can't the federal government stop all “security votes,” which amounts to billions of Naira every month, to incompetent and thieving governors, and instead use those monies to develop the country?

there is some kind of economics thought in expensive schools that only the rich and powerful only understand... the type that Okonjo Oweala read in school. if you ask her these questions, she will have answers for you

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Akshow: 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
Abu34:

I will take your own blood for free
your own blood de worthless to even animal. Na to throw way am for gutter.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Ama28(f): 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2013
I like the way this writer buttress his/her point.
Mr Jonathana has done us more harm than good.

Most people think that its still "business as usual in Nigeria" not knowing that people have started holding government accountable and speaking up.

I am yet to see any improvement on the fight against corruption in this government. Mr Jonathan has just taken us 10 steps backwards without making a step forward!

Its good all of us are complaining so come 2015 we will know what we want from a president whether a smart one or half baked magician

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ozoneamani: 10:52pm On Mar 19, 2013
obi4eze: If he increases fuel price then he should increase the salary of civil servants and Corps members. He's just making things hard for the masses. I don't think he'll feel the impact because he doesn't pay to purchase fuel. The man really, really needs prayers.
Where these MOGs like Redeemed Adeboye?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by texazzpete(m): 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
'Affluent middle class'?

Who told this fellow that the middle class in Nigeria is 'affluent'? I swear, he seems to be retrogressing daily in the smartness of some of his comments

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by YoshiMaster: 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
In an ideal world I would support the removal of subsidy, so that the money can be used to further develop the country, but what guarantee is there that such money would be used judiciously?

Come to think of it, why do we need subsidy in the first place?

If we had working refineries, petroleum products would be very affordable for all.

Now they can claim that the subsidy money could be used towards building refineries, but again, what proof is there that the money would be used responsibly. I would rather they take out a loan to finance such projects, or hand them over to the private sector, and simply regulate.

Most Nigerians are their own government:

We provide our light (even most of us are forced to research into solar energy and contemplate huge costs just for power)
We provide our water (if you don't have borehole, then....)
but

Please we can't provide our own petrol for cheap. Here is one of the very, very, few areas in which the populous can claim, boast even, that they feel the impact of having a government.

Take that away, and what are we left with?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by jentlsoul: 10:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
E no pain me because ur village people will face the same hardship. Mr president u think ur action will pain the northerners or u are getting it wrong because an average northerner didn't depend on govt for daily bread. and for the hater of northerners for ur information, any how it will turn in nigeria we can not get a political position less than vp seat.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by IYANGBALI: 10:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
Jonah our oga at the top
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by maywes(m): 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
Lol.......... dis 1 go pass 2nd WORLD WAR..... I just pity him family....
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Harkanbi(m): 11:00pm On Mar 19, 2013
Na wetin dey worry dis man wey get no shoe sef?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Calsito: 11:00pm On Mar 19, 2013
This president has no respect for nigerians, I expect him to listen to the voice of the people, cos the last time I checked we are said to operate a democratic govt.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
dis is not odnaray...somebody, probably oga at the top is whispering to Jona to increase price to make pple suffer
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by MrCGPA(m): 11:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
JONA YOU AGAIN? WHEN WILL YOU BE WISE OLODO? TRY THIS AGAIN AND SEE WHETHER BAYELSA CAN HOLD [color=#990000][/color]YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Ess: 11:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
This man scumbag is making the job for the 40 lappies really difficult! O boy see absolute silence from them!!!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by bigdoo: 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
Let him learn from Gaddafi and Mubarak.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Airforce1(m): 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
Some Idi'ots are u still going to vote for dis fisherman badluck jonathan come 2015

Sad!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by IYANGBALI: 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
bigdoo: Let him learn from Gaddafi and Mubarak.
who is they?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by talk2s(m): 11:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
I have been telling all who care to listen to refrain from cursing GEJN thus:
Let me use this time to state emphatically that you guys that are calling Mr. President names are doing yourselves, Nigerians and our children, yet unborn more harm than good.
Ignorant of this fact is never an excuse.
The earlier all of you that indulge in this act realize that President Goodluck Ebele Johnathan is (at present) in charge of the political, economic, and social wellbeing of Nigerians,by virtue of the office he occupies, and desist from calling him names which are capable of negatively imparting on his policies and programmes - because words are spirit, they create the future- the better this country will be good for us all
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

The more u curse him, the more bad policies he will EMIT!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Dee60: 11:15pm On Mar 19, 2013
I suggest Ojota Park or Yaba Bus Stop as the venue for that 'public discussion'. This is the best way to do it. Okupe and Abati should stand beside the president at that 'discussion'.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Urine: 11:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
Abu34:

I will take your own blood for free

Really?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Parisbee5(m): 11:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
Guys please be wise.. These are diversionary tactics... It's a grand plot to divert peoples' attention from Alamesia's pardon saga.. It's a delibrate attempt to play on the intelligents of Nigerians:.. I will never be involved in this..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by caesaraba(m): 11:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
noit: Bobay udotsay aurisom quickum...

Harry porter no fit solve this one o.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by AustineE1: 11:18pm On Mar 19, 2013
I wonder how people are becoming so sentimental that it has taken over their sense of reasoning.that one sahara reporters known for their notoriety in disseminating false news,has suddenly become the darling of nairalanders!Even the news stated clearly that the target is on the 'affluent middle class'.The price of gasoline has skyrocketed all over the world and Nigeria cannt be an exception!if more money is generated by this noble means and corruption is brought to its lowest level,then the masses will be better for it.ie more good roads,improved electricity supply,more jobs created for our youths,more foriegn investors,easier accessibility to quality education,health care,much needed investment in our refineries etc this will impart positively to better our deploring seccurity situatn!we do nt need any strike or loss of reasonable working hours by labour and trade unions,the situation will only get better,if we work together towards achieving this onerous task with our visionary president.GEJ has a beautiful heart and by Gods grace he will lead us to achieve our MDGs by 2020,though he will certainly hand over to a successor by 2019!God bless his excellency and they good people of Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by kennydee05(m): 11:18pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ogeni Jonathan or what did they call you sef na scripture 419 I will you to put you to shame. Oya taje am:
Philipians 4 vs 19:19 But my God shall supply all your (my) need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Akpabio, Senator Chris Ekpenyong Meet In Court (photos) / 2023 Presidency: APC Weighs Options As Atiku Shops For Running Mate / Boko Haram Kills Army Lieutenant, Six Others On Borno-Yobe Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.