Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,740 members, 7,875,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:31 PM

Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again (31019 Views)

Marketers, Hawkers Raise Petrol Price As Scarcity Worsens / Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector / Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ckkris: 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
bennygee: shame on nigerian leaders in power and even a bigger shame on peeps like ckkris who dont have any iota of understanding on how a proper govt should be run.
the question on the lips of nigerians should be;
1)why should nigeria ,the 6th highest producer of crude oil in the world not have a functional refinery?
2)why should Govt continue to import fuel and force the price of refining,importation,storage and transportattion on nigerians
3)how come our Govt is always quick to compare our petrol prices with those of non -oil producing countries while were a major producer ? why dont we compare ourselves with the likes of venezuela,saudi arabia and pakistan who are also top producers and cost of fuel in those countries is less than $1/gallon
our leaders do not even buy fuel/they have allocations monthly and dont feel the effect of the high cost of purchasing fuel in a country which everything is tied to petroleum and its products.
manufacturing industries are folding up cos of high cost of production with diesel cost takiong more than 50% of production cost and yet the shameless govt cant even provide stable electricity for 12 hrs /day.
ckkris and co who keep spewing rubbish in support of Jona,ur sowing wrong seeds and it would surely bear fruit which if ur generation does not reap,ur children and grandchildren would surely dance to the music.
shameless pigs who get high on the cries of anguish of suffering nigerians.

You're too naive.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Abbott(m): 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
32-D:
[size=18pt]Won bi Iya e da[/size]
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by kaydwutang(m): 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
GEJ if u try am, na for ur body e go show oo !!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
@ ckkris, ur just a tool in the hands of the devil.no matter how much money u think u have,u wont take a dime wit u wen u die.remember Abacha,Ajuonuma.where are they today?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
joseph1832:
Yar'Adua didn't increase fuel brother, he reduced it and this same Yar'Adua was a member of PDP! How come you much celebrated and infamous GEJ is different? His own increase far outweigh others...
Ignorance is a disease. Read below what Olusegun Adeniyi, the then Yar Adua spokesperson, wrote on this issue in his latest book:

"it ws d reduction of d pump price of fuel from #65 to #60 dat triggered d increase in subsidy payments. Yar'adua used dat reduction to gain some level of legitimacy,following wide condemnations dat trailed hs election.
D FIFA under 17 world cup in Nigeria in 2009 preventd yar'adua from total removal of subsidy cos he didnt want Nigerians to protest while we had foreigners in our midst. He travelled 2 saudi 2days b4 d policy could be effectd & never came back" (olusegun adeniyi - politics,power n death)
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
omeiz93: @sincere nigeria, i want to put it onto you that, the late Musa Ya'aradua, when he was the president of this country did not increase pump price of fuel, please relate with your facts and figures before you comment, so this points of your argument does not hold water at all.
Read the my post above.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Telthetruth(m): 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
i Dn't even know what to say now, cus Jona's problem is a weak and confused one as i regard.......

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

I JUS DEY WAKA DEY PASS
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by fortune1968: 7:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
The useless president is only trying to divert our attention from the criminal pardon he granted to his co -corrupt friend - ALAMIESEGHA . HE dare not !

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by JamesLucia: 7:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
is that the solution? why dont you think of building atleast three perfect refinaries by cutting down the allowances of political office holders what happened to the looted monies that has been returned to Nigeria? pdp you people are putting Nigerian in reverse mode.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by kinguwem: 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
DivideUs: do what ever you want, just make the bombings stop!!!!!!
The major problem now is terrorism, kidnapping, insecurity of life & property esp. in the north. No social activist has demonstrated against religious intolerance, terrorist activities, kidnapping, illiteracy & poverty. Most of them will be on the streets when they are sponsored by the oil cabal to protest against removal of oil subsidy.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by dahmie2013: 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
Akshow: 22million people that voted Jonathan. Naija don enter one chance till 2015
My best comment!gringringrin
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by curfew: 8:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
raise it o o o. anything that can bring nigeria down is what i support now. i'm tired of thinking and wishing nigeria well when the reality gets messy everyday. raise it to ngn 2000 and let everything fall apart. nigeria is broke. madam okonjo keeps lying, gej keeps disgracing this country, the rest keep stealing. nobody is doing anything right. i wish tsunami will just swallow this shitty country.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by joseph1832(m): 9:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Ignorance is a disease. Read below what Olusegun Adeniyi, the then Yar Adua spokesperson, wrote on this issue in his latest book:

"it ws d reduction of d pump price of fuel from #65 to #60 dat triggered d increase in subsidy payments. Yar'adua used dat reduction to gain some level of legitimacy,following wide condemnations dat trailed hs election.
D FIFA under 17 world cup in Nigeria in 2009 preventd yar'adua from total removal of subsidy cos he didnt want Nigerians to protest while we had foreigners in our midst. He travelled 2 saudi 2days b4 d policy could be effectd & never came back" (olusegun adeniyi - politics,power n death)
For your information Mr Man Yar'Adua reduced the price of fuel from N70 to N65! Ignorance is truely a disease.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ecosanders: 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
joseph1832:
For your information Mr Man Yar'Adua reduced the price of fuel from N70 to N65! Ignorance is truely a disease.
dont mind dat mofo!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Ephraimatic(m): 11:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
Let's not pretend. This fuel subsidy thing is just not working. U can't have ur cake n eat it.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Ilekokonit: 11:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
Parisbee5:
Guys please be wise.. These are diversionary tactics... It's a grand plot to divert peoples' attention from Alamesia's pardon saga.. It's a delibrate attempt to play on the intelligents of Nigerians:.. I will never be involved in this..

I thought so as well and its called "Burying Bad News" by releasing it when people are grappling with some other revelations so that when the "Bad Action" is taken at a later date the Government will say at least we gave you a fore warning some time ago.

What a cynical and wicked way to try and divert our already sapped energy away from the pardon of a fugitive money launderer which is currently drawing international condemnation.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Ilekokonit: 12:09am On Mar 21, 2013
Come to think of it, why is this Jonathan so heartless??

The last subsidy removal on 1st Jan 2012 was announced a few days after the Christmas day bombings and now a day or 2 after the Kano bombing he is announcing more plans to put the long suffering masses into more misery. Doesn't this guy think ??. Or is he trying to punish Nigerians for exposing him to the world for pardoning a fugitive money launderer.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ewet: 2:11am On Mar 21, 2013
Ojota here we come!Get redy to host us for a very very long time cause we r not leaving until we see the end of this GEJ.
My advice to NLC and TUC or whichever group to lead the protest is to evolve new tactics for the protest.Total lock down will not work and its getting old fahioned. You do not need force the whole country to stay at home, all u need is get the support of key unions such as PENGASSAN,NUPENG,NURTW,ASSBIFI,NMA,NBA and all other vital bodies to support the strike and i tell you if this unions decide not to go to work i tell you nigeria will grind to a halt automatically. Dont worry abt the petty trader,vulcanizer,farmer,tailor,hair dresser and all other common people who live on daily subsistence because by the time this major unions dont work and the economy is being halted thy will all be whipped in line to join the struggle. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by phildon: 6:45am On Mar 21, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
In an ideal world I would support the removal of subsidy, so that the money can be used to further develop the country, but what guarantee is there that such money would be used judiciously?

Come to think of it, why do we need subsidy in the first place?

If we had working refineries, petroleum products would be very affordable for all.

Now they can claim that the subsidy money could be used towards building refineries, but again, what proof is there that the money would be used responsibly. I would rather they take out a loan to finance such projects, or hand them over to the private sector, and simply regulate.

Most Nigerians are their own government:

We provide our light (even most of us are forced to research into solar energy and contemplate huge costs just for power)
We provide our water (if you don't have borehole, then....)
but

Please we can't provide our own petrol for cheap. Here is one of the very, very, few areas in which the populous can claim, boast even, that they feel the impact of having a government.

Take that away, and what are we left with?
Nothing.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by phildon: 7:00am On Mar 21, 2013
caesaraba:

Harry porter no fit solve this one o.
Even Zedicus Zulzurrender!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by phildon: 7:23am On Mar 21, 2013
boladez: REAL OGA AT THE TOP.....haba insurgents bombed Kano yesterday 70 souls perished, you condemn as usual and go relapse to your clueless mode. Next thing Talk about increase in pump price of fuel.

You no be President you are nemesis that God has deployed to punish this country. Oma ale wey dey take left hand point to him papa house.

Boko Haram people are bastards. If they truly have liver make dem face Government people who are killing this country.
Correct! Boko Haram for be d masses' darling.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by twentycent(m): 7:51am On Mar 21, 2013
Breathing grin
;Dthe fresh Air..hope when 2015 comes you all(una know una selves) would stil vote in the Fresh Air?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by InvertedHammer: 8:21am On Mar 21, 2013

Oh NO!

Not this shithead again!

Anyways, I applaud him. I wish he can raise it to N300/litre.
Nigerians need shock therapy to wake them up

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Chilug(m): 8:38am On Mar 21, 2013
If he try it ehh! God will punish him and his generations. angry
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by amjad86(m): 9:01am On Mar 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#550000][/color]
BREATH OF FRESH AIR............I WILL BE VERY GLAD IF HE DOES DAT.....AT LEAST NIGERIANS WILL HAVE A SECOND CHANCE TO DETERMIND THERE FUTURE
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Ess: 9:44am On Mar 21, 2013
amjad86: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#550000][/color]
BREATH OF FRESH AIR............I WILL BE VERY GLAD IF HE DOES DAT.....AT LEAST NIGERIANS WILL HAVE A SECOND CHANCE TO DETERMIND THERE FUTURE

You think they will do that? Stop dreaming, because the usual will occur by simply deploying the ethnic and religious mode and you have him back. Nigerians deserve these kinds of leaders aswear because of our foolishness.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by MZmuaz: 1:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
how do u think on earth some one that is dr of zooo will lead a population of over 160 million to a promise land . soon we will all crash land if we dont take a right set in a right direction.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ilekokonit: Come to think of it, why is this Jonathan so heartless??

The last subsidy removal on 1st Jan 2012 was announced a few days after the Christmas day bombings and now a day or 2 after the Kano bombing he is announcing more plans to put the long suffering masses into more misery. Doesn't this guy think ??. Or is he trying to punish Nigerians for exposing him to the world for pardoning a fugitive money launderer.
He is doing it to make sure ur children don't suffer the way you did....
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2013
ewet: Ojota here we come!Get redy to host us for a very very long time cause we r not leaving until we see the end of this GEJ.
My advice to NLC and TUC or whichever group to lead the protest is to evolve new tactics for the protest.Total lock down will not work and its getting old fahioned. You do not need force the whole country to stay at home, all u need is get the support of key unions such as PENGASSAN,NUPENG,NURTW,ASSBIFI,NMA,NBA and all other vital bodies to support the strike and i tell you if this unions decide not to go to work i tell you nigeria will grind to a halt automatically. Dont worry abt the petty trader,vulcanizer,farmer,tailor,hair dresser and all other common people who live on daily subsistence because by the time this major unions dont work and the economy is being halted thy will all be whipped in line to join the struggle. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Well the economy of lagos is gradually picking up, it will be shame to use this insistence on free commodities to ruin it.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by revolt(m): 9:37am On Mar 25, 2013
Ive finally realised most nlanders r jes demagogues n platitude mongers! To think tht learned ppl in the face of the charade in judicial processes, Nnpc evil deals thts aided by a corrupt system, and the dubious figures paid to the fuel importerswhich by implication has destroyed all hopes of gettin a functional refinery. In all these glaring disasters u guys r still daft not to realise the subsidy is doin more damage to us the masses. I see lousy verbiage comments here n I wonder if its bout gramar or making sense? Some ediots still keep asking the FG to build a refinery ie an FG tht cudnt handle delivern letters from ogun to lagos(NIPOST) n u suddenly want tht same FG to handle a refinery. The subsidy removal will deregulate the sector n allow capitalists run tht sector. We don't care what they used the subsidy money for as long as tht sector is run by private sector which will employ us the masses without federal character and quota system, plus competition which wud def improve services tentacles spread across Polychemical coys tht wud spring up, endorsements , ad agencyz the list is infinite. The posts on this thread shows cleaerly *you can pay 4 school but u can't buy class*. Does nybody care bout wht fraud is presently goin on in NITEL or hw much money they're embzzln? Imagin if our IT sector was run by FG ie computer village a federal parastatal, wed still be using pentiums 1 @ 150k plus ques well need to stand in waitin for the rude receptionists. I wish I wasn't wif u lot in the same country! The blackman is truly retrogressive!!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by 1025: 10:03am On Mar 25, 2013
this is the only thing our president knows how to do. increasing fuel price every minute. how can nigerians continue to allow men who live their lives training and raising animals to rule over them.
obasanjo was into raising chickens, pigs and goats who he flogs and treats like his personal thing and all of a sudden, u ask him to look after human beings. why won't he think he was still looking after his animals? jonathan is a phd holder in zoology. for him to go that far means he has lived all his life with animals and suddenly, he left the zoo for aso rock. i no blame him jare so i comment my reserve.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson / Tinubu: Terrible People Want To Break Nigeria’s Appointment With Destiny / Wike’s Aide, Inko-Tariah, Escapes Assassination In Rivers State!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.