Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (10468 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Beam Me Up: Scientists Say Human Teleportation Is 'possible' / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Chustar(m): 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2008
Just to sort of bring the topic back on, topic smiley
I read with interest all the posts here, but I wonder if teleportation is possible? I know its possible but will it be practiced? I can't remember where but I read that to teleport a person, the person's physical body will have to be destroyed and then the information that was copied will be recompiled on the other side. Now, if the physical body is destroyed, is the soul also destroyed? Or does the person die? What happens to the recreated person at the end of the teleportation? Will that one be alive? Will it have a soul? What if it doesn't destroy the person, isn't that cloining? Will there be two Theirry Henrys running around? While its obvious i'm not as educated on the topic as original poster, this is something to think about, no?
Also, someone said something about how God will not allow people to advance too far, and gave Tower of Babel as an example, I think as long as we keep God in view, he will not prevent us from reaching our full potential (whatever that is)
Teleportation and Time travel is fun to talk about.
Also, is the large hedron collider active yet? I remember that some people were suing the Hedron Collider people to prevent them from activating it. They said that if the collider were turned on, it might destroy the universe.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 7:12pm On Apr 12, 2008
In the US now there is a new awareness about researches in science now,scientists are beginin to realise that there something more to what the ordinary eyes see especially in Quantum and particle physics.Now the american government spends more no researches that tend to merge science and metaphysics.Moreover the greatest scientific mystery is the Human being.both in body and mind.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 7:14pm On Apr 12, 2008
In the US now there is a new awareness about researches in science now,scientists are beginin to realise that there something more to what the ordinary eyes see especially in Quantum and particle physics.Now the american government spends more no researches that tend to merge science and metaphysics.Moreover the greatest scientific mystery is the Human being.both in body and mind.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 7:19pm On Apr 12, 2008
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by darequam(m): 12:06am On Apr 13, 2008
Pls pls guys can u help me out with d defntion of dis stuffs
herdon collider
wormhole
blackhole
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by SamMilla1(m): 12:54am On Apr 13, 2008
darequam:

Please please guys can u help me out with d defntion of this stuffs
herdon collider
wormhole
blackhole

A wormhole
is
A theoretical distortion of space-time in a region of the universe that would link one location or time with another, through a path that is shorter in distance or duration than would otherwise be expected.

Its a kind of artificialy created wave that can link time to a different time millions of light years away.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Chustar(m): 1:32am On Apr 13, 2008
darequam:

Please please guys can u help me out with d defntion of this stuffs
herdon collider
wormhole
blackhole
A black hole is an area in space where nothing can escape. It is called a "black hole" because not even light can escape from it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole
The hadron collider is a machine that was built to replicate a lot of energy that can't be safely measured otherwise. It's basically a really, really, big particle accelerator.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider
To learn more about particle accelerators, visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_accelerator
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2008
Now I want to come in on something.  tongue

If you're looking at the possibility of TELEPORTATION via scientific methods, it might never be possible. That was why I mentioned the EGBE thing!

Someone was talking about Quantum physics' application to TELEPORTATION/Time travel. This can never be possible when it comes to human beings.
Fine, quantum physics might explain the concept of a black hole, worm hole,  but it's relation to HUMAN APPLICATION is what can never be explained.

The splitting of atoms is the basis of teleportation and if you look at it from the BILOGICAL aspect, splitting of atoms would be DISINTEGRATION OF HUMAN CELLS, which would definitely lead to death.
Except the time machine would perfectly recouple the cells to their normal state forming back the CELLS> TISSUE> ORGAN and SYSTEM to the intended time destination.

Also about converting human beings to DATA!
I must say it's a very STUPID idea.
Any data never really existed as REAL. DATA is DATA but can be converted from one state to another. HUMAN is HUMAN, but growth could be the basis of transformation.

MP3, Video and computer files are exmples of data.
They were never created from reality, the data were created from computers and can be converted via a computer medium.

It's like saying you want to convert a music video of Tuface to Tuface himself in the HumaN form~ Stupid Innit?
Thats just the same way u cannot convert human to DATA! But recording of human motion with camera/camcorders is like converting human ACTIVITIES into DATA!

Basically, from that angle only DATA can be teleported. Science Fiction Movies would show you how someone travelled from 0900B.C to 2700A.D~ That means the people in the movie were in form of DATA and they actually travelled through TIME~ In that case, the people were DATA, The Time Machine itself was DATA, the TIME was also data!

I believe some smart asses should understand what I mean here~

Physically, time travel might never be possible.

SPIRITUALLY, it's a normal phenomenon. The Holy BIBLE holds a proof(s) for that, EGBE is also an African Reality,  PEACE! cool
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2008
Jassie you are mistaken when you think EGBE aint an African science of some sort.Just because those that got the knowledge didnt go further as to know the root cause and theories behind it doesnt make it a voodoo.Permit me to quote Arthur .C.Clarke he said "a sufficiently developed technology is not different from magick".Do you really think technology will be the same in the next 20 years as it is now?.Believe things are really coming up daily,things you even have believed possible.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by SamMilla1(m): 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2008
i want to know a little more about this EGBE and how it works,, can someone pls explain,
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by exbogus: 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2008
I have a friend who's into time travel. What he said was that time travel would not be possible from earth because the earth is not stationary. So if you leave on a vessel faster than light, there's no way to come back to earth because the earth would have moved from the previous position at take off. Time travel would have to be done at some stationary position in space which means it wouldn't happen in our lifetime.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Chustar(m): 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2008
exbogus:

I have a friend who's into time travel. What he said was that time travel would not be possible from earth because the earth is not stationary. So if you leave on a vessel faster than light, there's no way to come back to earth because the earth would have moved from the previous position at take off. Time travel would have to be done at some stationary position in space which means it wouldn't happen in our lifetime.
That is true, unless you calculate where the earth would be when you came back and tried to land there.
Also, this only applies to space travel. For time travel, the earth wouldn't have moved by the time you came back.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by SamMilla1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 13, 2008
exbogus:

, @exbogus
Your friend is right about stellar shift.
Planets can drift apart and throw points of origin off the map,
The expanding-universe model shows that bodies constantly move apart.
But The closer the planets are, the less the difference in relative position due to expansion.
With time, the TIME TRAVEL wont work between EARTH (point of origin) and some planets closer to it now,   
But as earth drifts, it moves towards other planets.
All that is needed is adjustments for the displacements (which is relatively easy due to the speed of the drift, very slow.) and thats where mega-computers comes in.
The computers can predict the adjustments needed to make the TIME TRAVEL work.

IMPORTANT PREDICTION FROM ME :
THE CIVILIZATION/GENERATION THAT CAN MAKE TIME TRAVEL WORK WOULD BE ABLE TO COMPENSATE FOR ATLEAST OVER 50,000 YEARS OF STELLAR DRIFT.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by nawah1: 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2008
Go to edo state and find out
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by showbobo(m): 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2008
Love This Thread
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by nazzyon(m): 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2008
Turned to Junkyard

The usually way people contribute on Nairaland.

I though it was created to educate people and share ideas about Time Travel?
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 6:56am On Apr 14, 2008
Talking about the stellar shift,well it is an obvious and logical fact the earth keeps moving infact the whole universe is expanding but at a particular rate.Nature gives no room for arbitrary actions,like Einstein said "God does not play dice",i will add to it by saying God is not a magician.If you must travel back in time there will definately be a sort of quantum time and positional sensor,this device will sort of be like a atomic synchronizer that will synchronize the movement about the two ends of a worm hole.This is left for engineers in field theory to be worried about.afterall we must all have heard of ATOMIC TIMING ON WRIST WATCHES especially the G-Shock.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2008
ogbeni omooba!

egbe is JAZZ confirm! it's got metaphysical effects and that's why it's more than just an african science. tongue
+ You know you're entering into a convenant with the devil himself. Abi u be small pikin?  tongue
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by salamander(m): 3:56pm On Apr 14, 2008
I cannot help but to partake in this mind bugling discussion. I'm not a scientist but a free thinker. And I believe very soon we would be traveling thru time. It is there all along but just that people have not realised that. Our wizards and witches have been doing that all these while. It is up to us, Africans, to make a scientific proof out of it. Believe me, come out with a formula and witchcraft would be a course in our schools.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 4:21pm On Apr 14, 2008
Mr jassie,every culture in the world has what they can term as evil,but the enlightened ones among them saw more than the ordinary they were the ones that never lived with ignorance.i want you to know that no force in the universe is evil or good it is the usage that makes it good or evil.We can only move up only if we see and not just look.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2008
I really would want anyone who cares to try this mental exercise.get a stop watch and count mentally with the seconds timer keep it on with it for like 3minutes continue the mental count without looking at the watch for like 2 minutes more.Do this av all times and also try telling the time of the day without the watch.This will enhance your bio rhythm,metal discipline,high sense of positional balance and sensitivity to speed.Try it out for just 3 weeks and you would started on a journey of discovery of time.This is very simple but how many of us has ever tried it out or even ever heard of it.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2008
I no fit shout  tongue
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by TheSly: 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2008
Talking about ''egbe'' or ''OFE'' i truly believe that! cool
Like a politician who some people tried to assassinate . . .
He was thrown down from his balcony and phew!, before they knew what was happening. . . .he had disappeared cool

That is what i called teleportation. . . it is tested and confirmed. .and i can bet my last card on it cool !!
Not all these scientist sh*tzheys
It is scientifically impossible ! cool
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by ayexel: 12:04am On Apr 15, 2008
I really love this thread. I watched a film some days ago about teleportation about aguy who bend time and space to teleport himself into the future to make some corrections and can also go back to the past and do some manupulations.in the scientific concept of time travel and teleportation are these really possible.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by hansibone(m): 12:43pm On Apr 15, 2008
@omooba

i reli like ur words, ive bin an addict 2 time/space travel ever since i was a kid, watchin star trek, star wars and sum sci-fic cartoons like justice league. dis stuff all predict d future.

i once watched sumtin about George Lucas's star wars of his innovations and future machines on discovery channel. do u belive that some of the things he created in the very first star wars movie (RCPO) were thought to be impossible, but to face d fact dey are possible. he said sumtin, SCI-FIC movies would prove to us that in the FUTURE man can do anything, if we belive.

stopin time is sumtin ive expressed, thanks to d words of omooba, sumtimes it feels like its 9pm, but its just 6pm our mind and bodies moves faster than time and only if we could move any faster, we would be in different places in a twinkle of an eye. i still think MEN "NOTE NOT SCIENTIST" wuld do sumtin about it.

@all

pls stick 2 discovery channel on dstv and see d future of mankind onfold in front of u.

please i would nid more info on time/space travel. here's my email addy aboylos@hotmail.com
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by simmy(m): 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2008
time exists onlyin the mind. time does not exist without the mind. b4 the mind was created, time didnt exist. time travel? in reality impossible but circumstances can be manipulated to make it seem like time travel. i llexpanitate later,. rite now im busy
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2008
The Sly:

Talking about ''egbe'' or ''OFE'' i truly believe that! cool
Like a politician who some people tried to assassinate . . .
He was thrown down from his balcony and phew!, before they knew what was happening. . . .he had disappeared cool

That is what i called teleportation. . . it is tested and confirmed. .and i can bet my last card on it cool !!
Not all these scientist sh*tzheys
It is scientifically impossible ! cool

Confirm! EGBE na sure JAZZ wink
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by jimmyjam: 11:00pm On Apr 15, 2008
come o , be like say some people don begin dey smoke gbana i.e weed lol which kin topic b dis lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by darequam(m): 12:33am On Apr 16, 2008
Sorry boy i understand. This topic might just be too complicated for u to understand. It is a topic for mature minds who bliv improve in our technology will take us to places
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 16, 2008
guten answer! tongue
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2008
Nobody ever thought of the problem of paradoxes in time travel.For instance if you were to travel back in time and you accidentally killed your own grandma,wouldnt it distort the whole time line?
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by justbones(m): 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2008
for a major understanding of time travel and teleportation, i suggest that u all go and read up on Douglas Adam's works. mainly the Hitcher triology

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Solar Energy - All You Need To Know / The Science Of Nature: Building A Terrarium / New Teeth Grown From Urine - Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.