Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (10468 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Beam Me Up: Scientists Say Human Teleportation Is 'possible' / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by logica(m): 6:17pm On May 20, 2008
"time in itself does not exist, it is relative and cannot stand alone(hope u know what i mean)"

no i really don't know what you mean. you are not making any sense.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by smol(m): 8:43pm On May 20, 2008
what i mean is that time is a boundary that God set for us. when we say God has no beginning, does it make sense in the concept of time. with time there is always a beginning and an end, but really there is no beginning and end only that set by man and God. time is relative in that it is counted relative to an event like the creation of the earth or seasons like winter, summer etc if i decide to go against world standard and start my year in the raining season well by my own rights i am right and no one can say i am wrong. the standard set by God is that it is day when the sun rises and night when it sets.

nothing exist after now, so the future does not exist but is made up from the actions and decisions of the present. see its too complicated to explain with a keyboard it is a thing of the mind
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by logica(m): 9:12pm On May 20, 2008
i now see the problem.

the definition/concept/notion of time in the realm of relativity theory (the model in which time travel is theoretically possible) is quite different from conventional/colloquial usage.

in relativity theory, time is itself a dimension, such that you define the motion of an object in space-time, as opposed to just space. basically what this means is, space is defined by 3 parameters (dimensions) : x, y and z. now we have a 4th parameter (t) which unifies with the other space dimensions to define the motion of an object. that 4th parameter (in physics referred to as a dimension) is time.

though it should be noted that classical (newtonian) mechanics conception of time follows more closely with colloquial usage. classical mechanics treats time as an entity unrelated to space, whereas relativity claims there's no separation. they merge together to form a system.

i'm more interested in string theory though, where you even have models with up to 11 dimensions. in my opinion, we need way more than 4 dimensions to fully describe reality. we have only managed to identify those that are the easiest to understand/quantify.

shit. i should have simply posted this link before delivering this lecture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by logica(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2008
oh, by the way teleportation has been demonstrated a few months ago - last year i believe (& even earlier, but earlier distance was a major limitation but in this case it succeeded in considerable distance), though it was no more than teleportation of photons (light particles). but this alone has its ramifications (faster, or more accurately, instantaneous communication).

ps: what's up with this stupid correction mechanism that changed my short-hand for "by the way" to "between"?
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by smol(m): 4:11am On May 29, 2008
@logica

what i was basically trying to say is that time does not exist in the real sense neither does space. space is defined by coordinates (x,y,z), but dont forget that this is also relative to the origin (0,0,0). where exactly is the origin-well man gets to define that and dont forget that the earth is moving round the sun which moves in the milky way, in short the whole universe is moving so (x,y,z) at 2am is not the same (x,y,z) at 2:01am. to get this space-time thing is practically impossible beause it will require an inexplicable calculation that no computer in the next 1000 years will be able to figure out. as usual we set the origins to make life easy and make theories but in reality these things are impossible.
and dont forget the future does not exist so you cant travel to it. except you sleep out the next 100 years and then wake up to find yourself in year 2108. every minute has to be lived out so until it has been lived out you cant touch it. get it?
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by logica(m): 11:21am On May 29, 2008
:-x
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by smol(m): 2:36am On May 31, 2008
well now dont give me that look, i think am a lil' confused myself. this thing can drive you nuts. i think i should go see a shrink now. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2008
You need not be confused,time is not a unit its a dimension;seconds is a unit.Time is the 4th dimension,the other 3 are wrapped up within space.In space we have length,breadth and height.The first two make up the 2 dimensional world,the 3rd(height) is what we have been able to manipulate we see this in the construction of sky scrapers,air travel and defiling gravity as in space rockets.There are still some race having trouble with the 3rd dimension,they still have to deal with air crashes and collapse of buildings.These are cultures with traces of primitive instincts within them.Obviously they can never imagine controlling the 4th dimension when they are still controlled by the 3rd.In time our consciousness will evolve towards the 4th dimension.But still there other dimensions to attain.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Rlst84sale(m): 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2008
Anyway if u want to travel back to the past it's easy but you have to start from now then travel to the future time say 1 second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year (u can add s at the the front of each unit to make it plural or add number before it for example 10 months etc). Then take the following steps you will see how easy it is to travel back to the past.

1. Carry your camcorder or video camera or you cellphone with camera

2. Record every occation even you grand father's  birthday if he is still alive

3. Once yo decide the number of unit of time plug in your gadget

4. Press on button

5. Press rewind button

6. Then press play button.

Bingo! there you are in the past watching you grandfather's birthday party, your favourite memorable occation. You see there is no need for big grammer or some king of guuru maharaji's 419 sermon. Any objection?
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by smol(m): 2:18am On Jun 09, 2008
lol, very funny. so how do i get to bring "forward" a souvenir from the past?
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Rlst84sale(m): 2:44am On Jun 11, 2008
Souvenir hmmmmmmm, Let me think o.k turn on your computer, launch to internet explorer type in google search or nairaland in the little search box, type the name of your souvenir sometimes you will see picture somtimes not. There you will find where it is sold then you need to go and buy it or you can just but it online if you have the means. It's that simple. I hope this time travel thing works for u too.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by nazzyon(m): 4:21am On Jun 11, 2008
Space time was not made of  atoms, but its properties could be understood by viewing it as being 'built' from a hierachy of ever more convoluted deviations from its apparent state of continuity and mild curvature.
Borrowed

I am devoting some time for this topic.

Along the line my friends and I were able to dig into unsigned files of the US Airforce on a Teleportation Project.

So I am  creating a networking site and its group and forum for this purpose. I had to create it on a Safe server.

That is all I am going to say for now. 

Hopefully, we may be able to put it to use in the nearest future.

There is risk attached to the report 'cos there some warning/threats on the sheet for people like myself. So I may have to lay low for a while.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by nazzyon(m): 3:10am On Jul 11, 2008
Albert Einstein postulates in the theory of relativity that nothing can travel faster than light.

FAST THAN LIGHT BUT NO VERIFICATION`

http://news.softpedia.com/newsPDF/Faster-than-Light-77277.pdF
_________________________________________________________________________________

Although Quantum Teleportation worked for particles of light with a fair result and it worked for sound with a more or less untraceable result.

I have finally come to the conclusion that our dream "Quantum Entanglement" may never work for humans. A fruitful result should not be expected anytime soon.`
`
Amazingly, series of research works are going on all over the world to prove the possibility of Teleportation.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by candylips(m): 11:31am On May 13, 2009
bump
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by biina: 3:56am On May 14, 2009
This thread is simply hilarious!!! ROTFLMFAO grin
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
interesting topic.

will read through it later.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by uche77zero(m): 8:19am On Apr 19, 2011
i strongly believe time can never occur cause no matter how long it had taken them to prefect their research some rumors of them visiting would have being here in the time by now as time travelers what do you think
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 19, 2011
Rlst84sale:

Anyway if u want to travel back to the past it's easy but you have to start from now then travel to the future time say 1 second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year (u can add s at the the front of each unit to make it plural or add number before it for example 10 months etc). Then take the following steps you will see how easy it is to travel back to the past.

1. Carry your camcorder or video camera or you cellphone with camera

2. Record every occation even you grand father's  birthday if he is still alive

3. Once yo decide the number of unit of time plug in your gadget

4. Press on button

5. Press rewind button

6. Then press play button.

Bingo! there you are in the past watching you grandfather's birthday party, your favourite memorable occation. You see there is no need for big grammer or some king of guuru maharaji's 419 sermon. Any objection?

lol
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2011
what i mean is that time is a boundary that God set for us. when we say God has no beginning, does it make sense in the concept of time. with time there is always a beginning and an end, but really there is no beginning and end only that set by man and God. time is relative in that it is counted relative to an event like the creation of the earth or seasons like winter, summer etc if i decide to go against world standard and start my year in the raining season well by my own rights i am right and no one can say i am wrong. the standard set by God is that it is day when the sun rises and night when it sets.

nothing exist after now, so the future does not exist but is made up from the actions and decisions of the present

interesting pov.

still subject to debate though.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Tingles(m): 7:23am On Apr 20, 2011
It is only possible in theory, we can't go to a future that is yet to be created nor a past that has been destroyed.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by manibuds(m): 2:16pm On Apr 12, 2012
Ialwaysask: Hello everybody!

This is an interesting topic, and for me has raised a lot of questions,

Just like with all advanced technologies, somebody or (organisation such as government) would have a monopoly over the 'new' found technology exemplified by the fact that now it is possible to fly from any location the globe to another, but not everyone can afford to, and subsequently some people will never have the experience of traveling by air, even though it is possible to.

My point is that even if this does become a viable possibility, there is guaranteed to be a monopoly of some sort over the technology. I don't for a second believe that it would be an accessible phenomenon to all 6 billion plus inhabitants of this world.
Imagine the chaos that would ensue if just anybody could travel to anywhere in a flash? Or travel to any period in time,  No boarder control, boundaries or means to locate where the individual is, murderers and rapists could escape to anywhere in the world, in history or the future!!!

Flying by air requires a passport, what documentation would be needed to travel in time,  let us not kid ourselves,  Such technology becoming available i believe would be evidence of the world as we know it spiraling into disaster.
Ialwaysask, you've raised valid points but is the possibility of even teleporting humans that is been contested not the social or security issues.

You see i reason that the world is filled with all sorts of people good and the bad, wicked and the kind; if they all travel through time as they please wouldn't the evil agendas of some change the world, ?

Lets look at it, if one could travel back in time, then aside from physically manouvering through the ages, you're taking knowledge of the present with you, and this knowledge would change things in the past which would affect the future (our present). Then this present would be a forsaken mess,  while everyone is busy changing this or that!

I agree with another person who said the idea of traveling back in time is unfeasable not to use the word impossible. People in the past are dead, gone and decomposed,  so how would one travel to such a place the past is gone,  Future travel to me is most feasble,

The Present is a gift, let us bare in mind that we all control our futures by the actions of our present, and the fact that we can't see or directly control our destinies makes the present valuable, as we age with each passing day!

If one could live forever what fun would it be without your loved ones there to see it too,

And if time travel is already in order, that would mean there would be people from the future living amongst us already, ummmm?

Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by oaroloye(m): 4:25pm On May 02, 2013
If you mention NICOLA TESLA to the average GRADUATE they would not know whom you were talking about.

I compiled a Data Dossier of Nicola Tesla videos and documents, and tried to GIVE it to an Elect/Elect Lecturer, and he told me:

"I do not know anything about that, nor do I want my students to know about it!"

Nicola Tesla is rumoured to have participated in an experiment to make a US Navy Battleship- allegedly the USS ELDRIDGE, according to legend- invisible to radar. He wrapped the ship in a high-powered electromagnetic field, and to the amazement of all- including Nicola Tesla, the ship disappeared, and Teleported uncontrollably, until the power was cut.

Unresponsive to hails, the boarding party found "a total charnel house" on board.
All of the crew eventually died. The brief survivors went insane.
There were reports of some of them walking through walls- uncontrollably.
Some of the dead on board were allegedly found merged with walls, floors and bulkheads.

The experiment was deemed to dangerous, and was allegedly never repeated.

(I read about this decades before the Internet.)

This was called "THE PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT."
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Jpaul16(m): 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=manibuds post=10581496][/quote] yes its true! the project was also continued in other hidden experiments, one of which is the 'montauk project' which has succeeded in creating wormholes to any point in time and space.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Habyz(m): 11:42am On Nov 01, 2017
omooba0:
If you guys can get to study the quantum physics in details you ll see the possibility of a passage time using a WORM HOLE.with this you can link 2 distant point together and move from one point to the other in NO TIME atall.
Light in itself is not fast enough to travel to a worm hole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Solar Energy - All You Need To Know / The Science Of Nature: Building A Terrarium / New Teeth Grown From Urine - Study

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.