Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,349 members, 7,888,113 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:39 PM

Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (10502 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Beam Me Up: Scientists Say Human Teleportation Is 'possible' / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2008
Yea have gone through it some times ago its more of a comical fantasy and have seen the movie adaptation HITCHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY.its quite funny and interesting.But really if you want something to get you thinking on time travel them in for H.G WELLS' time machine.its a fantastic read.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Tylenol: 4:06am On Apr 18, 2008
Sometimes I wonder what further advancement science and technology can bring upon us. As previously mentioned, in earlier times, people could not fathom some of the things we use or do today. However, I believe time travel is impossible. This is simply because I don't think we live in a parallel universe. I don't believe that somewhere, there exists the past or future with people living their lives as we are. If that doesn't exist, then where is a time traveler traveling to? Before anyone asks for references, let me reiterate: this is my personal conviction borne by thoughts when trying to fill up that short time between closing your eyes and the coming of sleep!
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by sammy001(m): 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2008
@Omooba0 and Co,

You guys are great thinkers and I salute your ingenuity for this thread so far. But I want to ask a question

Don't you think that, the fact that we can convert anything into into energy and regain that thing by recomposing the atoms (or whatever) at the end of the process does not make HUMAN BEINGS one of the candidates for such process?

Therefore, I make my submission that you can nly pass HUMANS through this time-travel thing if you will be contented with whatever genetic, physical and other forms of deformation that results from such processes. (That is if it is possible to transport human soul and spirit separately from the dis-integrated human body and re-incoporate such back into the reconstructed human body at the end of the channel - worm hole, black hole or whatever)

Lest I forget: Where is the OTHER SIDE of teleportation channels?
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 10:39am On Apr 19, 2008
Years and centuries ago virtually every part of our existence now were impossibilities.however there were then few who dared to look beyond thier nose but rather unfortunately they burnt at the stake by the ignorant bigots who ceased to move out of thier perpetual blindness.Now not to bring too much words into it all am just trying to put through is the fact that we must not see time travel as an impossibility but rather keep searching cos "if you seek you shall find" but not only time travel but we may yet stumble on another aspect of science never before looked at.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 10:39am On Apr 19, 2008
Years and centuries ago virtually every part of our existence now were impossibilities.however there were then few who dared to look beyond thier nose but rather unfortunately they burnt at the stake by the ignorant bigots who ceased to move out of thier perpetual blindness.Now not to bring too much words into it all am just trying to put through is the fact that we must not see time travel as an impossibility but rather keep searching cos "if you seek you shall find" but not only time travel but we may yet stumble on another aspect of science never before looked at.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Florency(m): 10:44am On Apr 19, 2008
grin You are idiot
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by timbabng(m): 9:36pm On Apr 19, 2008
Talking of teleportation, that has already been stumbled upon accidentally by the US Navy in 1943 but its being kept a secret, i will like you to google for : "The Philadelphia Experiment" and you'll be shocked (please do).

Time travel on the other is theoretically possible if you consider Einstein's theory of relativity, but we have not advanced to the practical stage yet. If you've heard of the Atom smasher which breaks atoms at quantum speeds and increases the life span of the esulting muons that are created. All these show that if a human being is accelerated at the speed of light, he will experience time lag unknowingly. A journey of 20 mins to him may be days to everyone else because his whole body breaks down, and this is theoretically TIME TRAVEL into the future that is but there is no way anybody is going into the past, NEVER, unless through spiritual means e.g witchcraft because TIME and SPACE is A continum.

PS : Nobody can survive travelling at the speed of light , for now wink
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 11:35am On Apr 20, 2008
Not until recently man has always view science to be a means of studying the world around him.Even today many still live with this wrong notion about science.Only very enlightened few see science as a means to explore the human body and the human body to explore science.The greatest scientific project is the human body and the most intriguing scientific phenomenon is the human mind.Like a member of this thread said time exist only in the mind and its manipulation can only be done with the mind.The body is just a machine,the mind is the controller and the brain is the means of control.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by fransois2(m): 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2008
I think taking a look at the Theory of Relativity will also help to understand this concept.
wink
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2008
Therefore, I make my submission that you can nly pass HUMANS through this time-travel thing if you will be contented with whatever genetic, physical and other forms of deformation that results from such processes. (That is if it is possible to transport human soul and spirit separately from the this-integrated human body and re-incoporate such back into the reconstructed human body at the end of the channel - worm hole, black hole or whatever)

All these are just challenges, they are there to be solved and i believe as we think deeper and find solution to the problems, then we are on the go,
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by earthrealm(m): 9:25am On Apr 22, 2008
presently wormholes are the best possible mthds of travelling faster than light,

but building a spacecraft that will survive the tidal forces generated by the blackhole itself is another thing entirely,

that is the major draw back to travelling tru this meduim!!
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2008
When i have enough time on my hand i ll elaborate on the theory of relativity so that we can really get things going on the nature of time in physics.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by idupaul: 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2008
yeah its possible, If light is accelerated to a level where time and distance cease to exist , then teleportation can be achieved, At such divine speed light will be able to absorb and convey matter without distorting it, The main problem will be directing this light to desired location where it will be decelerated , I have worked on light for a long time in my leisure and in fact wrote a document called PHOTOLOGICA where I discussed the possibility of accelerating lights to levels where it will cover distance in zero time frame, therefore at such speeds time will cease to exist, It truly amazing, Its a research am really proud off. bottom line in the future teleportation will be possible but it might be a divine science.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by hansibone(m): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2008
please people, keep dis up, dis thread, educates me wit every post,
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by candylips(m): 11:47am On Apr 24, 2008
So does it mean if we successfully build a time machine. We will only be able to travel back and forth from that time but not backwards previously to that time ?
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by idupaul: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2008
So does it mean if we successfully build a time machine. We will only be able to travel back and forth from that time but not backwards previously to that time ?

No traveling through era's (back to the future style) will never be feasible because the whole concept is purely utopic and just a great imagination, The first question u should ask urself is WHAT IS TIME? Time is a unit of measurement that is only practical in the immediate , Time travel buffs seem to say that every second lives forever : that is a portions of ur life uv not lived exist ahead and the part uv'e lived continues to exist in the past, This is utter bullshit, I can drop pages of the lapses that thrash time travel theory (bt I ain't got that time now) , Well teleportation is very feasible, read my above post and u will see.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Sentra: 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2008
Thank God 4 all the bright mind that have contributed to this topic.The topic got me thinking.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 11:34am On Apr 25, 2008
idupaul just to ask you 1 basic question;Do you know the theory of conservation of matter/energy? And to make things clear for you everything you see is nothing but energy consisting of different vibrational frequencies of which material structure is a form of frequency.going by this energy can never be destroyed neither does it cease to exist.For more on this see Einstien's Unified Field Theory.Someone in another galaxy that can see earth would definately see the past which you said does not exist.To add one more thing;the part to discovery lays not in outright disbelief.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 11:35am On Apr 25, 2008
idupaul just to ask you 1 basic question;Do you know the theory of conservation of matter/energy? And to make things clear for you everything you see is nothing but energy consisting of different vibrational frequencies of which material structure is a form of frequency.going by this energy can never be destroyed neither does it cease to exist.For more on this see Einstien's Unified Field Theory.Someone in another galaxy that can see earth would definately see the past which you said does not exist.To add one more thing;the part to discovery lays not in outright disbelief.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by idupaul: 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2008
@omoba0

Your missing the point here, I never said energy could be destroyed, Remember I said time was just a means of measurement , In some situations as i said in one of my posts above time will cease to exist once it looses relevance as a means of measurement in a given situation, For your information the fact that energy cannot be destroyed does not mean it replicates it self in different time frames, I hope u agree with this, Energy exist infinitely but only in the present.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by timbabng(m): 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2008
Anybody heard of the experiments performed by Nikola Tesla on time travel. i suggest google search its very awesome
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by earthrealm(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2008
pls stop confusing travelling at the speed of light n teleportatin!!.n time travel
they aint the same thing,

time trvel is the least possible of the 3,

unless u r talking of going to the alternate universe, an exact opposite of this our present universe,
there maybe time travel cud b possible.but in this our universe, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

i know travelling at the speed of time cud give u some time warping abilities, but travelling back in time to see ur granparents n all that shit, is mere fantasy,
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by hornyhoney: 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2008
this is a very interesting topic and believe me i would like to know more.i hv only watched it in white movies and i have come to realise over time that whites dont put on films without research even if it is comedy.with time we might just realise that one can travel thru time.a job well done.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by nazzyon(m): 9:18am On May 03, 2008
Teleportation is an instantaneous movement from spot A to B.

The closest example of teleportation is shown in the SCIFI movie just released early this year, JUMPER

You must have heard about it if you haven't seen it.

Note: With teleportation you get to your destination in just a flash.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by topeteadr(m): 8:00pm On May 03, 2008
@poster, u watch too much science fictioned movies. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This can only happen in ur worst nightmares
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by nuru(m): 4:00pm On May 06, 2008
Kudos to you all. Has anybody thought of instantaneous transfer of three dimensional material object over space. I have always fantasized about its possibility but not in an environment where one can dedicate oneself to the research of actualizing it.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Ialwaysask: 7:45pm On May 11, 2008
Hello everybody!

This is an interesting topic, and for me has raised a lot of questions,

Just like with all advanced technologies, somebody or (organisation such as government) would have a monopoly over the 'new' found technology exemplified by the fact that now it is possible to fly from any location the globe to another, but not everyone can afford to, and subsequently some people will never have the experience of traveling by air, even though it is possible to.

My point is that even if this does become a viable possibility, there is guaranteed to be a monopoly of some sort over the technology. I don't for a second believe that it would be an accessible phenomenon to all 6 billion plus inhabitants of this world.
Imagine the chaos that would ensue if just anybody could travel to anywhere in a flash? Or travel to any period in time,  No boarder control, boundaries or means to locate where the individual is, murderers and rapists could escape to anywhere in the world, in history or the future!!!

Flying by air requires a passport, what documentation would be needed to travel in time,  let us not kid ourselves,  Such technology becoming available i believe would be evidence of the world as we know it spiraling into disaster.

You see i reason that the world is filled with all sorts of people good and the bad, wicked and the kind; if they all travel through time as they please wouldn't the evil agendas of some change the world, ?

Lets look at it, if one could travel back in time, then aside from physically manouvering through the ages, you're taking knowledge of the present with you, and this knowledge would change things in the past which would affect the future (our present). Then this present would be a forsaken mess,  while everyone is busy changing this or that!

I agree with another person who said the idea of traveling back in time is unfeasable not to use the word impossible. People in the past are dead, gone and decomposed,  so how would one travel to such a place the past is gone,  Future travel to me is most feasble,

The Present is a gift, let us bare in mind that we all control our futures by the actions of our present, and the fact that we can't see or directly control our destinies makes the present valuable, as we age with each passing day!

If one could live forever what fun would it be without your loved ones there to see it too,

And if time travel is already in order, that would mean there would be people from the future living amongst us already, ummmm?
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 6:27am On May 12, 2008
In less than a century's time our children would be amazed at naive understanding of science if they get to know that we are discussing and knocking our heads of the possibility of time travel.Imagine how funny it would be to know that you forefathers once believed you could never fly(in metal for that matter).We are quick to forget that most of the things we see now were once impossibilities.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by rancetech(m): 9:26am On May 12, 2008
With time and study, time travel is gonna be possible. They say nothing is impossible with God. He is the creator of everything, including the technologies we enjoy, they are all God's work. They are not of man, lest any one should boast.
Legitimate businesses online, check out www.evernigerian..com
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by jnoz23(m): 12:25am On May 15, 2008
Intresting topic
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by igbsam(m): 5:44pm On May 15, 2008
Has any1 heard of CRISS ANGEL ? He does teleport & av see it & people av. u go to google & search out the name. He's a magician.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by smol(m): 4:09pm On May 17, 2008
time travel is impossible because time in itself does not exist, it is relative and cannot stand alone(hope u know what i mean). the future does not exist neither does the past nor the present. its all relative-Gosh! this is hard to explain.anyway time is an instant-ok i give up
teleportation however is possible but more spiritual than scientific.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Teeth Grown From Urine - Study / The Science Of Nature: Building A Terrarium / How To Check Bank Verification Number - BVN Via Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.