Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,371 members, 7,900,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:02 PM

Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist (45300 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / The Council That Created Jesus - By Former Pastor, Ray Hagins / Former Pastor Says ''Jesus Is Not Coming Back!'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
Proffdada:
Christians don't condemn but are trying to save souls from eternal damnation. U can't hate God all your life by saying He doesn't exist. All atheists do this to hide the pain they suffer for a loss which the devil feeds on and presents them with the question:WHERE WAS GOD WHEN IT ALL HAPPENED? the real question should be why does God allow such situations? The answers lie in the scriptures,everything happen for a reason,that's the way meterologists predict weather;sport analysts forcasts matches,archeologists carbon date fossils,economists monitor nations wealth,mathematicians win lotteries etc. The universe is balanced by the hand of the Almighty otherwise the big bang will still be in a confused chaotic state of decided whether to explode or not. [b]What science haz done so far is to authenticate the bible.[/b]by the evidences science provides based on the limitation within physics on earth l,scientists still come to the point of INDUCTION and INFERENCE cuz they can only come close to the TRUTH. JESUS is the TRUTH and the LIGHT by which all knowledge and wisdom is given.

science never authenticate the bible, both are incompatible. the bible contradicts science and nature in so many ways
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by skyfall: 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
Proffdada:

Don't be in denial and accept Christ,your pains will go away and u will be set free of d devil's bondage of overt ignorance

Lol. You guys embarrassingly rehash the same set of unproven brainwashing mantras over and over. Thanks though, but I'm doing just fine and in no pain at all. Worry about your own "salvation."
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
m.k.o2005:

To follow God or not to follow HIM has always been a thing of choice ! But we are saying that you stand to loose so much if there is God,heaven and hell on the long run and you are not qualified ! But if you follow HIM,wether HE exists at the end or HE does not exist at the end,you don't loose anything ! It's a gain gain situation for you . Give a thot to it bro!
A christian isn't homophobic ! Take a look at the Christ we follow ! No one stones any one to death for not obeying God you know !
God is God and does what ever HE pleases! HE can't do things like we expect HIM to do becos we are humans and HE is God! Thank God for HIS son Jesus in that second dispensation who paid the price of death with HIS blood. Halelujah cos we can't die anymore ! Today we disobey and do not face instant judgement becos of the son of God,Jesus.If it were in those days,God would hav stricken you to death for ur alterances alone like the amalekites and the hittites.But it's no longer that way,not that HE can't do it but HE will not becos of the blood of HIS son. God made us and can do whatsoever HE pleases with us but still HE want's HIS own to have a FREEWILL ! He does not want to compel us to do even as it is very obvious that HE can but the joy of it all is in the willingness !
Jesus loves you all. muskeeto,ifesnes,oooman,skyfall,billlonaire,naija pagan,ptolomeus and the rest of you here on NL. GOD BLESS YOU.
God help us all

I laugh at how you have deluded yourself. You really believe a man who died 2000 years ago is still alive to save you?? Heck, i believe that Elvis is still alive then cheesy
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by meetdonald(m): 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2013
In Science and Nature, there only 2 possible halves ie Positive and Negative Or Good and Bad Or Male and Female. Therefore in the believe of a greater power above Humans, there must be the Good Power and the Bad Power. The Good power equates to God while the other to Satan. Also from the beggining, every tribe, village, cvilisation have a sense of a being who is more powerful than Man, this being is praised when times are good, and also when times are bad, they ask for help. Even many aspects of their lives was made to reflect the respect for the being, e.g the Aztecz make Human sacrifice to their Sun god for favourable Harvest. Therefore if our ancestors believed in supernatural beings and events, there must be a Universal ''Good Being'' in which all religion, cvilisation praise in positive events, likewise a universal ''Bad Being'' exsist in which all negative events are tied to. Our ancestors had Science and Technology in their era as they worshipped Idols and Supernatural Beings, but that did not stop they from acknowledging a greater power than Science. So why is "Modern Science" waging war with the exsistence of God or a Supernatural Being?
Does the Knowledge to explain all natural events, creatures mean God does not Exist?
Is there no unexplainable and Unanswerable events in Which Science is helpless?
Can Man explain why He has the unsatiable ugre to become better?
Can Science explain when a cancer of whatever disappears when the afflicted seeks the healing power from God?

For all those who say God does not exist, Who or What made You, or the animals and all Beautiful and Perfect Environment we call Earth? "Chance'' alone can NOT make is possible for you wake in the Morning and know that the Sun will be there for you Or guarrante that your Son will look just like you.

God is Real, Satan is Real. Those who believe do not say Satan does exist. Those who are Satan's pawn say God does nt exists. The greater trick of Satan is to make you question/rebel God. Be Wise.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 6:58pm On Apr 19, 2013
meetdonald: In Science and Nature, there only 2 possible halves ie Positive and Negative Or Good and Bad Or Male and Female. Therefore in the believe of a greater power above Humans, there must be the Good Power and the Bad Power. The Good power equates to God while the other to Satan. Also from the beggining, every tribe, village, cvilisation have a sense of a being who is more powerful than Man, this being is praised when times are good, and also when times are bad, they ask for help. Even many aspects of their lives was made to reflect the respect for the being, e.g the Aztecz make Human sacrifice to their Sun god for favourable Harvest. Therefore if our ancestors believed in supernatural beings and events, there must be a Universal ''Good Being'' in which all religion, cvilisation praise in positive events, likewise a universal ''Bad Being'' exsist in which all negative events are tied to. Our ancestors had Science and Technology in their era as they worshipped Idols and Supernatural Beings, but that did not stop they from acknowledging a greater power than Science. So why is "Modern Science" waging war with the exsistence of God or a Supernatural Being?
Does the Knowledge to explain all natural events, creatures mean God does not Exist?
Is there no unexplainable and Unanswerable events in Which Science is helpless?
Can Man explain why He has the unsatiable ugre to become better?
Can Science explain when a cancer of whatever disappears when the afflicted seeks the healing power from God?

For all those who say God does not exist, Who or What made You, or the animals and all Beautiful and Perfect Environment we call Earth? "Chance'' alone can NOT make is possible for you wake in the Morning and know that the Sun will be there for you Or guarrante that your Son will look just like you.

God is Real, Satan is Real. Those who believe do not say Satan does exist. Those who are Satan's pawn say God does nt exists. The greater trick of Satan is to make you question/rebel God. Be Wise.

The earth is not perfect angry
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by meetdonald(m): 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
ooman:

I stand to lose my sense of reason and my rationality if I follow god.

God committed multiple genocides killing the amalekites and the hittites etc, murder of women and children and an unjust killing of a baby among others - I stand to live a pure life if I dont follow the monster xtian/muslim god.

I stand to lose my sense of humanity and stone homosexuals to death if I follow god.

Therefore, the best thing is to reject the idea of the existence of any god in order to achieve full humanity.

haha for any person who says "God did this and that" know in their heart that he is Real!!!

And FYI God dealt with his people of Old with Instant punishment of any WRONG doing.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by meetdonald(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
ooman:

The earth is not perfect angry

Name one Thing that says otherwise about the Perfect and Beautiful we call Earth.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by meetdonald(m): 7:10pm On Apr 19, 2013
ooman:

science never authenticate the bible, both are incompatible. the bible contradicts science and nature in so many ways

In Truth Science Brings about the Glory of God. How else can Man feel God's awesomeness than to analyze God's Creations.

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2013
don33310: The world would have been peaceful without religion

wait a minute, has ur disbelieve in God helped u find an exit from d world's endless circle of miseries?
I wont waste time debating whether religion has led to wars or not nd whether religion deserve to stay, bt one thing i know for sure is dat war is motivated mainly bcoz of GREED. Hence, if religion shud stop exiting today, pple will still find reasons to fight. They always do.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by meetdonald(m): 7:58pm On Apr 19, 2013
ooman:

I laugh at how you have deluded yourself. You really believe a man who died 2000 years ago is still alive to save you?? Heck, i believe that Elvis is still alive then cheesy

Correction: Died And Resurrected. Now At God's Right Hand^^
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
ooman:

Only a fool will let ignorance control him.

The whites keep the statutes in their museum and they call Them African relics. where do you get the idea that they worship them?

No one ever said christians are born with the bible. I was a christian myself.

Science is natural observation and our observation say that God does not exist and that is what am telling you. God does not exist-that is a fact. You are delusional.

let me simply say dat i agree dat science is a powerful tool for finding out empirical truth but d simple fact dat it cant prove or say anytin beyond MATTER makes it inadequate.
Science also has helped humanity immensely but atheist make d mistake of beliving dat anytin UNSCIENTIFIC is non-existent or false bt u forget dat science itself concerntrates only on matter. Do u think u r really being rational by holding onto d idea dat there is nothing beyond d physical?
I have been to a prophetess who knew nothing abt me nd had jst met me for d first tym but she told me my problems, she told me abt my sick mother's health nd gave me advice on wat to do witout me telling her a word; all dis she did in d name of christ. Also, i have seen men being healed of their diseases nd oda's of childlessness nd somtymz d sex of d baby predicted b4 its birth. Mind you, all diz done in da name of christ. I guess diz happenings cant b explained by science. Science is 1daful bt disbelieving in anytin unexplainable by science is not rationality bt scientific extremism.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
meetdonald:

Don't mind the fool. When he starts roasting in hell he will understand. ooman, whenever u see people roasting a goat just jump into the fire. When they ask u what u are doing just tell them that u are doing rehearsals on how u will cope in hell. Better start rehearsing now.[/b]
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by joseph1013: 9:58pm On Apr 19, 2013
EUROBOMBER:

Don't mind the fool. When he starts roasting in hell he will understand. ooman, whenever u see people roasting a goat just jump into the fire. When they ask u what u are doing just tell them that u are doing rehearsals on how u will cope in hell. Better start rehearsing now.[/b]
lol...abeg have mercy on Ooman o...No allow the guy die without changing his mind about God and his free offer of salvation.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 11:56pm On Apr 19, 2013
joseph1013:
lol...abeg have mercy on Ooman o...No allow the guy die without changing his mind about God and his free offer of salvation.

The TRUTH is that ooman is a homo and blames God for his devilish inclinations
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by tomzman: 7:33am On Apr 20, 2013
After reading the opening post, its obvious that that guy lacks understanding. To those who say there is no God, let me for a second agree with you but hold on, how were you formed? Ok, you parents slept together and they had you. Who gave birth to your parents? Your grand parents, if you continue in that regression, it would get to a point science and logic would have no answer. And for those that still hold the belief that man came from apes, I ask, who created those apes?. The truth is science and logic cannot answer all questions. As an atheist, have you ever asked yourself what happens after death, Science has no answer for that while logicians believe nothing happens, man dies and thats the end but I ask how did they arrive at this conclusion, has any atheist or logician died and and come back to life to explain what happens after man dies? And to ooman who says the bible contradicts science, let me give you an example; Do you know that the bible said honey is not good for consumption? Latest research by Toxicologists have asserted this claim. I leave you to browse and find out more on that But I would say this 'it is better to live believing in God and die to find out there isn't than to live believing there is no God and die to find out there is' GOD BLESS.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by sweetnigga(m): 8:02am On Apr 20, 2013
Reyginus: I wish time was on my side this period. I will be back my friend.
me 2 gat no time and will be back 2.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Kay17: 8:37am On Apr 20, 2013
meetdonald:

I thought Jesus was God himself?!
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 8:53am On Apr 20, 2013
Kay 17:

I thought Jesus was God himself?!
boolean logic 1+1=1 they r spirits not physically separated
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2013
EUROBOMBER:

I know your god is a man roasting horrible monster. Who told you am afraid of him. You think your god is bad enough, but I am better, you think your god is great but I am greater. Yahweh has committed more crime than anyone who ever existed, I will send him to hell myself and the great lucifer aka satan shall rule tongue
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:08am On Apr 20, 2013
Proffdada:
boolean logic 1+1=1 they r spirits not physically separated

dumb and impossible logic cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:09am On Apr 20, 2013
Proffdada:

The TRUTH is that ooman is a homo and blames God for his devilish inclinations

cheesy why should I blame god for my devilish act, why not blame the devil
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:10am On Apr 20, 2013
meetdonald:

In Truth Science Brings about the Glory of God. How else can Man feel God's awesomeness than to analyze God's Creations.

why not. the awesomeness of earthquake and diseases right?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 20, 2013
ooman:

dumb and impossible logic cheesy

Morning sweetheart grin

Why not review your Boolean algebra before calling it dumb?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:12am On Apr 20, 2013
meetdonald:

Name one Thing that says otherwise about the Perfect and Beautiful we call Earth.

death and diseases
global warming and flood etc
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:13am On Apr 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Morning sweetheart grin

Why not review your Boolean algebra before calling it dumb?

only if you can tell me how 1+1=1 tongue
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:14am On Apr 20, 2013
meetdonald:

God himself is long dead.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 20, 2013
ooman:

only if you can tell me how 1+1=1 tongue

**in your voice** Am I your teacher? tongue
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:17am On Apr 20, 2013
tomzman: After reading the opening post, its obvious that that guy lacks understanding. To those who say there is no God, let me for a second agree with you but hold on, how were you formed? Ok, you parents slept together and they had you. Who gave birth to your parents? Your grand parents, if you continue in that regression, it would get to a point science and logic would have no answer. And for those that still hold the belief that man came from apes, I ask, who created those apes?. The truth is science and logic cannot answer all questions. As an atheist, have you ever asked yourself what happens after death, Science has no answer for that while logicians believe nothing happens, man dies and thats the end but I ask how did they arrive at this conclusion, has any atheist or logician died and and come back to life to explain what happens after man dies? And to ooman who says the bible contradicts science, let me give you an example; Do you know that the bible said honey is not good for consumption? Latest research by Toxicologists have asserted this claim. I leave you to browse and find out more on that But I would say this 'it is better to live believing in God and die to find out there isn't than to live believing there is no God and die to find out there is' GOD BLESS.

you k ow what I think? I think that because ifa worshippers in the past knew that herbs were good therefore there is truly a God called Ifa who will send you to hell if you dont worship him.

IFA BLESS.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:18am On Apr 20, 2013
striktlymi:

**in your voice** Am I your teacher? tongue

stop this prevarication and solve the algebra cheesy
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 20, 2013
ooman:

stop this prevarication and solve the algebra cheesy

Only if you allow me flog you silly immediately after cheesy
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:20am On Apr 20, 2013
Ansell:

let me simply say dat i agree dat science is a powerful tool for finding out empirical truth but d simple fact dat it cant prove or say anytin beyond MATTER makes it inadequate.
Science also has helped humanity immensely but atheist make d mistake of beliving dat anytin UNSCIENTIFIC is non-existent or false bt u forget dat science itself concerntrates only on matter. Do u think u r really being rational by holding onto d idea dat there is nothing beyond d physical?
I have been to a prophetess who knew nothing abt me nd had jst met me for d first tym but she told me my problems, she told me abt my sick mother's health nd gave me advice on wat to do witout me telling her a word; all dis she did in d name of christ. Also, i have seen men being healed of their diseases nd oda's of childlessness nd somtymz d sex of d baby predicted b4 its birth. Mind you, all diz done in da name of christ. I guess diz happenings cant b explained by science. Science is 1daful bt disbelieving in anytin unexplainable by science is not rationality bt scientific extremism.

Your ignorance is not an excuse for the existence of god. everything that happens in nature has a natural explanation. god becomes useless.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:21am On Apr 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Only if you allow me flog you silly immediately after cheesy

no p sir tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply)

Omega Fire Ministry Issues Official Statement On Arrest Of Apostle Suleiman / CAN Mourns TB Joshua 72 Hours After Death / Bel Akinyi's Post On Jesus Christ Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.